Picked Up {GL} Senior Brother is actually a Disciple Sister

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by AsianessPride, Oct 7, 2019.

1. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 原来是师姐啊
    Raw: http://m.365mww.com/viewbook/9-1572-1.html
    NU: No
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    It’s a very enjoyable story of a young naive university girl who suddenly fell from the sky from another world. She is favored by the sect’s leader’s oldest disciple who is actually a women crossdressed as man. The FL is known to be very cold, but for some reason, helps out the Mc a lot. Even the FL doesn’t know why she does it. Overall, the novel is very fluffy and there are a lot of scenes with the Mc and FL basically flirting. However, I must warn that there is
    a scene where the FL lost her memories. Mc desperately tried to find her but couldn’t. But when they meet again, FL still had the desires she felt for Mc before she lost her memories and ended up raping her. After all, it seems the Mc wasn’t affected much and more happy about the fact FL still loves her deep inside. They have a lot of sex after that
    If that doesn’t trigger you, give it a shot
    P.s. don’t worry, she regains her memories a while after
    Summary:
    What is the basis for comprehension? Killing monsters, meditating, brushing experience values?
    For a nursery rhyme, it is enough to do one thing - hold the jade legs of the master.
    As a genius of Chonghua's millennium, the young talents in the field of comprehension are always the first to be rich and handsome.
    Su Yan’s jade legs are not so good... Surprisingly, the nursery rhymes are hugged! And hold the lever!
    From then on, the clouds are straight, and the hand is clouded for rain... you are too naive!
    The fact that the virginity girl uses blood and tears tells you that there is only one end to the masters who are different in the table:
    Being pressed, pressed every day, pressed every day...
    "Brother, why is your chest better and softer than mine?"
    "Oh, I am wrong! I am wrong! Don't hit your face..."
    "I went, it turned out to be a sister!"
    Therefore, it is a happy and reminiscent story of a natural 2 small sister who has crossed the face of a man who is dressed as a man.

Not a HEA because the Mc ends sacrificing herself and dies. But in actuality, she wakes up as if everything was a dream. The Mc and FL found each other again in the modern world, and recognize each other immediately

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn’t planning to make a request but @Yandere Devil asked me to do so
    This one for you :blobokhand:
    :blob_plusone:
    Someone translate the summary for me to make it clearer as well

Yandere Devil likes this.
  3. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    “Gender bending” tag? So the female protagonist was originally a guy? If it’s referring to the female love interest crossdressing as a man, that’s not gender bender and mistag.

Gender bender- A character of one gender is transformed through some plot contrivance to the opposite gender.

4. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    Also a better name for the series would be “Senior Brother turned out to be a Sister”

Though a better translator might be able to find a translation more true to the Chinese name. I’m just localizing what you named it in English terms that would be better understood. Like big brother or elder brother would have incestual tones while “senior brother” is often more associated with sect stuff in xianxia. Current name you have for it I mistook for being some Japanese incest story until I read the thread.

5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ???? So FL raped FMC, with what, a magically cultivated dick?

Or does non-consensual scissoring considers to be rape?

6. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crossdressing actually falls under the category as gender bender as well, it's not a mistag

7. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I used the tag wrong then. I’ll change it to ‘crossdressing female’

It’s up to the translator whether they want to change the title or not. The Chinese title literally translates into that so I just used it

The FL is 100% a women. She has an androgynous body, but she a women that disguised herself as a man. Not many people know she’s a women though

There’s no magical penis involved, I hate to say it but women can rape women too, they have fingers
    Even a finger or 2 can be painful for an inexperienced vagina

The reason why I say rape is because the Mc was still a virgin at the time and the FL was being a little too rough with her and even though the Mc said no, FL didn’t stop

The reason why Mc calls FL ‘senior brother’ is because they both have the same master. FL is the 1st disciple, Mc is the 7th disciple
    Mc has been calling FL senior brother from the very beginning so it became a habit

0000000 likes this.
  8. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmm, you know yaoi is loosely link to rape and now we have yuri with rape, you think that the Chinese Govt is trying to state homo = rape?

9. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
  10. 0silermist

0silermist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 hope it get picked up

11. Melina Red

Melina Red Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I can’t compare them since I don’t read Yaoi novel. That would be a waste of my time. And I don’t believe this has anything to do with the Chinese govt. They banned sex scenes but they have no control on how the authors want to write their story. It just happened to have a rape scene in this novel but it’s not a regular occurrence

In this case, the Mc and the FL weren’t strangers.
    They were married to each other. But then FL’s father came and took her away. And then FL came back with lack of memories and her old cold personality. The reason why she raped Mc is because FL was already Possessive of her even before she lost her memories. She’s just showing those desires more openly now.

0000000 likes this.
  13. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not... totally true. The Chinese title is very shorthand so it can be translated in a lot of ways.
    原来是 = it's actually (a)
    师姐= disciple sister
    (this one is a bit hard to get the context in English because English doesn't have a concept of disciple sisters and the term Disciple for them is gender neutral.

So the literal translation is : Actually a Disciple Sister!

To get the entire context in, you'd have to go (Disciple Brother) is actually a Disciple Sister! since the subject (Disciple Brother) was missing even in the Chinese version and the loss of subject is a lot worse in English sentences that Chinese ones.

AsianessPride likes this.
  14. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I like ‘Actually a Disciple Sister’ over what I have. I’ll use it

15. grace17

grace17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 hope it get translated

16. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 interested in title.

17. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    Releasing a teaser within a week. I will fully pick up novel with regular updates once I finish one of "longer" Yuri projects

AsianessPride likes this.
  18. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
  19. toukonotto

toukonotto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My most favorite couples first place is Leng Yan (FL's mother) x Ye Zhiqiu, next is Cong Rong x Meng Qianyao (MC's love rival).
    Thanks to these two couples I lost interest in main couple! I wish it was either of these two couples would have been the main couple! Their romance is 100 times more interesting than the main couple. But sadly, my favorite couples romance barely appear in the story :blobpensive:

AsianessPride and Yandere Devil like this.
  20. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Side couples are alway more interesting than the main couple for some reason.