Discussion Foods that you grew out of?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fuyuuri, Oct 8, 2019.

1. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Are there any foods that you grew out of?
    I used to love cinnamon buns.
    2. Why do you think you grew out of them?
    I started to care a lot more about my health and they are honestly just not worth it. Also I feel gross each time I eat one.
    3. Are there any foods that you developed a taste for as you grew older?
    I used to hate carrots with a burning passion but now I find them to be alright.

fuyuuri likes this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any foods that you grew out of?
    Junk food in general
    I've never really been a super fan of them but I still atr them occasionally. As I grew older they started to taste bland and dry
    3. Are there any foods that you developed a taste for as you grew oler?
    Tons and tons. I was quite the picky eater when I was young. I feel like learning how to cook gives you a newfound appreciation for food

fuyuuri likes this.
  3. caffeinefocus

caffeinefocus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a certain local brand of instantly noodles
    I can't take the taste of the vegetables in them. They make me go blergh everytime.
    Green leafy vegetables when I only used to eat one or two kinds as a child; local rice cakes; and the flavor of garlic. Used to not like, even hate, the taste of garlic, onions, and ginger, but garlic most especially. It only changed when I tried chilli garlic to add flavor to porridge and really liked the blend with the spiciness.

fuyuuri likes this.
  4. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Hotdogs and processed meat products like hams and sausages.

2. Maybe because its mainly my meat diet. Got bored of them.

3. I kinda like stir fried or smoked eggplant now. Never liked them in the past.

5. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to really like eating raw carrots :3
    I'm not sure why?

6. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually have a slight allergy to carrots, although it's fine if it's cooked!

7. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Candy, a lot of junk food, and most fast foods.
    Switched to healthier eating habits. Any time I try some junk again I find out that I don't enjoy those things as much as I thought I used to.
    I used to hate chicken, blackeyed peas, and beets. Cause and aunt I stay with made me eat them for about three months straight when I was little. Took me until I was a teen to redevelop a taste for chicken. Discovered blackeyed peas are kinda tasty recently. Fuck beets. Still hate them.

8. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Lychee...spotted?

I’m not sure it’s accurate to say “grew out of,” but... I used to really love Yoplait’s peach yogurt. I had one for lunch every single day for years. Then, when I was in 8th grade, the recipe changed. And it was no longer as good. I still kept on trying to eat it, but my enthusiasm was gone. Then, a few years back, the recipe changed again. Now it tastes awful.
    The recipe changed.
    Many. My tastebuds have changed over time, allowing me to enjoy more foods.

Capsize and fuyuuri like this.
  9. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Humm... maybe sugary stuff but for health reasons. I still like it... cakes, donuts, cream puffs, tarts, cupcakes, pudding...I used to bake a lot...

Frosted corn flakes? But I think it’s more like they evolved into granola... :cookie:

I had a bad habit of snacking too much junk during middle school but I only eat less now to control weight gain. My parents didn’t allow us to eat junk food at home so I think I never grew out of it because it was very limited?

I still love all the food my mom cooked for me. I don’t make it for myself because it’s kinda troublesome and my husband has different eating habits but I have this feeling I would probably gain a lot of weight if I eventually go back home.

fuyuuri likes this.
  10. CosmicInsomniac

CosmicInsomniac Well-Known Cultist

Reading List:
    Link
    Cinnamon and Roast Beef.
    Roast Beef was because of a bad experience at Arby's, no clue about Cinnamon
    I didn't like Lima Beans or Collard Greens, but they've grown on me. Other than that, you could probably include lasagna, I remember the first time I had it I hated it but from the second time onward, I've liked it.

fuyuuri likes this.
  11. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsweat::blobsweat::blobsweat::blobsweat: I know this feeling! There was a month that it feels like I ate nothing but yogurt and granola

Cereal doesn't exist for me anymore! I kind of stopped after high school!

Snowbun likes this.
  12. Akaeye

Akaeye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chips, some cereals like fruit loops
    Ate too much chips and stopped, now the're too salty. For the cereals, I think they just tasted different and isn't as good.

Dark chocolate. And never hated plain yogurt but now I love it

13. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that I've found, my doctors haven't figured it out either... Neither allergy can be considered life threatening but the cabbage one will cause me to vomit on top of hives. They think there may be some underlying condition but after 25 years they still don't know.

14. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I guess it's fast food?
    2. I grew up in a small town and there were no fastfood there. And whenever my family went out of town during vacation i would be able to taste them which at the time i feel like it's very delicious. And now i can go eat fastfood whenever i want and it just doesn't have the same taste anymore...
    3. Hmmm i dunno... I used to hate salty things but i kinda like them now?

15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure I still like the same stuff I liked as a child... >.>

Dunno, never been very picky with food... >.>

16. Razort

Razort Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely high in sugar foods like Nutella and things similar. Basically chocolate in general.
    That being said I’m still partial to sour candy.

Although I can’t say for certain, I think it’s because as I grew older I simply became more interested in a way wider world of food. I started watching food shows alongside my dad when I was young and I was transformed by those shows in regards to my taste. Though this transformation never solidified until my latter teen years.

Mushrooms and onions, I used to hate them both with a passion, and in some forms I still do. But there are many ways I find myself enjoying mushrooms and onions as well. At an expensive restaurant I went to a ways back, I ate a vegan dessert made of a type of mushroom called Candy Cap mushrooms. They tasted just like maple syrup and it was divine. I also developed more of a liking for avocados, grapefruit, pickles, and even animal organs (can’t stand stomach lining or spleen in particular though)

17. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure about the first two, but I can answer the third question.
    Some years ago I bought a jar of kimchi for the first time. Wasn't a fan at first but didn't want to waste food and slowly finished the jar over some weeks. By the end of that jar, I had gotten addicted to the taste. The same process repeated with trying Taki's for the first time. And some how, some way, eating that stuff over these years (and of course the Tapatio on my morning eggs) has made me a huge amount more resistant to spiciness than I used to be.
    I used to not be able to eat 5 hot Cheetos at a time, even a dab of hot sauce was too much. And so I used to dislike spicy foods.
    Nowadays I actually crave spiciness sometimes :blobReach:
    I tried tteokbokki for the first time a few months ago and was even a bit disappointed: "I thought this stuff would be spicier...:blobpensive:" (it was more delicious than I expected though, which was great~)
    That said, the type of spicy seems to matter alot. I still don't have resistance to some kinds. And my tolerance is alot lower than someone who grew up eating spicy things all the time. But compared to my past self, it's night and day.

After eating a huge plate of spicy food (that unknown to me had a few of my relative's eyes watering from eating it) without even noticing any heat/spiciness at all, I got asked "you're ok with eating that? Isn't it spicy?" so I was confused and said "there was supposed to be chile in this?" One of my relatives then told me "Wow! Really? You count as a true Mexican now! You're not a gringa anymore!" :blobsweat_2:
    That's how much my taste had changed.
    :blobtaco: *enthusiastically shakes maracas*