Mini RPG Cloud City (Freeform RPG)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by fuyuuri, Oct 8, 2019.

1. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Cloud City
    A flexible, casual, slice-of-life, and freeform RPG
    [​IMG]
    + + +

Background

In the year 2500, Earth is decimated. Toxic waste and radiation has rendered many parts of the Surface inhabitable, so humanity has taken to the clouds.

Cloud City is a floating city and a neutral zone uninvolved with the troubles of the outside world. It is a melting pot of numerous cultures, refugees, religions, beliefs, cuisines, and people of diverse nationalities. Whether you are a tentacle monster, an alien, a magical girl, or a nine-tailed fox — all are welcome.

Everyone here is simply looking to start a new life and recover what they've lost.

Will this city hold the answer to your dreams too?

+ + +

Game Features
    This game moves in real time. One day in the game is one day in real life.

As an immigrant to Cloud City, you should find a job and/or set up a shop. Since this is a freeform game, it is up to you to determine your daily salary/income based on the job your character takes. For reference, the minimum wage on Cloud City is $10/hour. Use your own judgement to determine what food/rent/living expenses that your character has. It is okay to be approximate.

Every character has the ability to produce or craft things. On character creation, you should list five things that your character knows how to produce or craft. Things that your character produces can be bought and sold in your personal shop to other players.

Every 20 posts, you can add or upgrade a new thing to produce/craft.

Overall, the game is quite flexible, so have fun.

+ + +

Rules
    1. Game world moves in real time. Include the current date on every post.
    2. State your current job, current money, daily salary, and daily expenses on every post.
    3. Include your personal shop on every post.
    4. Tag the player if you purchase something from their shop.
    5. New crafting ability unlocks every 20 posts you make.

+ + +

Registration
    Anyone can join. All new characters should be immigrants. Provide the following:
    • Name
    • Gender/Age
    • Race/Species/Appearance
    • History (e.g. former job; why your character came to Cloud City)
    • Abilities: Pick five crafting/producing abilities for your character
    • Inventory as an immigrant
      • Maximum two suitcases and five shipping boxes
      • Maximum $5000 in cloud currency
    + + +​

PS: Magic is allowed in this universe, but avoid OP things. As a rule of thumb, your characters should not be more powerful than the typical NPC. We are all average here!

PPS: Feel free to improvise and add things to the setting!

2. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    reserved

3. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Registration Example:

[​IMG]

Name: Kirin
    Race: Human but like 5% catkin
    History:
    • Originally lived on the Surface, but had to evacuate because toxic radioactive sludge made her hometown unlivable
    • Used to be a cook at a hotel, currently interested in baking
    Abilities:
    1. Bake Bread: Would need to buy flour/yeast/water from supermarket
    2. Make Pasta: Would need to buy flour/yeast/water from supermarket
    3. Bake Pie: Would need to buy flour/yeast/water and filling from supermarket
    4. Make Omelette: Would need to buy eggs and filling from supermarket
    5. Cook Fish: Would need to buy fish from supermarket
    Inventory:
    • $500 cash
    • Suitcase of clothes
    • Cooking knife
    • Handful of personal items

_Asura and Ddraig like this.
  4. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Kirin:

Date: Tuesday 2519 October 8
    Bank: $500
    Job: Baker Assistant (Salary: $80/day)
    Expenses: $100/day (food/hotel)
    Entry:

Today I arrived at Cloud Island. I checked into a hotel since I don't have an apartment yet.

Fortunately, my boss on Earth recommended me to a bakery that his friend owns, so I was able to start work immediately. It might sound kind of sudden to get off the airship and immediately go to work, but life can be strange sometimes. :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2: I didn't even have time to unpack and already I was showing up at work.

This new bakery isn't bad. I'm only an assistant, so I'm being paid the minimum wage for now. However, I'm just happy to have a job.

The hotel is kind of average. There's actually an oven in my room, but it's kind of a cheap oven. I think I can make really boring bread if anyone wants to buy it on the InstaMarket... but I would be kind of surprised if someone bought it. I need to find an apartment soon since the hotel is expensive. Maybe tomorrow?

+ + +

Shop:
    • Really boring Bread: $1 per loaf

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  5. Alchyr

Alchyr Master of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Sana
    Race: Human
    History:
    • Taught some basic magic by her mother, who happened to be a witch. Sadly, wasn't that talented in the magical aspect, but she was good at memorizing recipes for potions.
    • Went through school and became a lawyer, because it's profitable.
    • Worked as a lawyer for a while, but has lost motivation in the job due to certain cases. Since the Surface is gradually becoming less populous, she decided to immigrate and try something different with her life.
    Abilities:
    1. Brew Basic Stamina Potion - Requires water, along with some surprisingly common herbs from the supermarket. Basically a slightly more effective energy drink.
    2. Brew Basic Restorative - Requires water, along with some surprisingly common herbs from the supermarket, and some less common ones that she'll have to find somewhere. Speeds up natural healing slightly.
    3. Brew Sleep Potion - Requires water, honey, some common herbs, and some less common herbs that she'll have to find somewhere. Makes you a bit sleepier. Good for having a good night's sleep. (She used this often when stressed out.)
    4. Basic Healing - She can heal some smaller wounds, but it's pretty much just limited to scratches and bruises.
    5. Write Contract - If you need some kind of legal contract produced, she can do it. Paper is pretty cheap, luckily.
    Inventory:
    • $3000 dollars. Being a lawyer is profitable, but immigrating was expensive.
    • A lot of paper, for whatever she might need it for. (Shipping box)
    • A pot that she claims is her cauldron. (Shipping box)
    • A pointy hat that she found somewhere. (She always wears it.)
    • Enough clothes that she only has to do laundry once a week. (Shipping box)
    • A suitcase with some ingredients she commonly uses.

Pyoo and fuyuuri like this.
  6. Alchyr

Reading List:
    Link
    Sana

Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2019
    Bank: $2800
    Job: Hoping people visit her house and buy stuff ($20/day, but maybe it'll go up as more people know her.)
    Expenses: $50 per day for food/basic ingredients for stuff she sells (She is buying a small house with monthly payments of $800)
    Entry:

The trip here was pretty comfortable, but I'm not sure spending so much on my ticket just for a comfortable ride was worth it. It probably wasn't, considering I'm already concerned about my funds.

I found an acceptable place for a witch, I think. It's not very large; it only has a front room and a bedroom with a bathroom. But, it feels cozy and not cramped, so I like it. Also, it's cheap. I can use the front room to sell stuff. I managed to get a deal for $800 a month, for 2 years. I'll have to make more money, or I won't be able to pay for it.

Time to see if I still remember all the stuff my mom taught me. I still remember the basics, but it'll likely take some practice before I'm ready for anything fancy.

I spent about 200 dollars to get a cheap sign, labeled "Potions", along with an Open/Closed sign to hang on my door. I'm only selling some basic stuff, but maybe some curious people will buy some. I hope.

Shop:
    • Basic Stamina Potion: $6 each
    • Basic Restorative Potion: $9 each

_Asura and KukiAme like this.
  7. GregLuck

GregLuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Mario
    Race: Human
    History:
    • Barely graduate from second tier magic engineering school
    • Trying to get a new business started and buy a villa
    • Was cheated by a cute girl he just met and lost most of the product brought to start business on the way
    Abilities:
    1. Make simple household magic tools and ordinary tools. - Requires magic stone, magic ink and crafting tools. Limited to making stove, oven, water dispenser, fan.
    2. Repair simple household magic tools. - Require magic stone, magic ink and crafting tools, depends on the degree of repairing,
    Inventory:
    • Suitcase of 2 set magic stone and magic ink.
    • Suitcase of crafting tools.
    • $117
    • Only 1 change of clothes

8. GregLuck

GregLuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: Tuesday, October 8, 2019
    Bank: $40
    Job: Jobless, willing to work for food
    Expenses: $77 (food and cheap inn)
    Entry:

It's a disaster. Ah I'm screwed, I shouldn't have believed that cute girl I just meet at a pub. But she's really cute though.
    Now I'm here at my destination without anything to sell. How can I even survive like this?
    I head to local pub and had a simple meal and ale, also I reserved a room for a day. The owner is a middle aged couple, the husband is humorous, a bit muscular, but his cooking is delicious, while the wife is kind and a bit of a talker, she is a bit fat, reminds me of my mom.

The food is quite delicious although simple, the room is a bit small, but clean. It cost me $17 for the food and $60 for a single room.
    Overall I'm screwed, I really had to make some money tomorrow, else I would be forced to sleep outside.
    I could only make 2 magic item with my inventory right now. Maybe I should offer it to the inn owner tomorrow?

Shop:
    • Magic Oven (2100, negotiable)
    • Magic Stove (2000, negotiable)
    • Magic Fan (1500, negotiable)
    • Magic Water Dispenser (2300, negotiable)
    • Repair (varies)

9. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    (How do I resize the image, its huge! I also had trouble attaching the image, why do i need a link?)

Name: Cillin 4L70
    Race: Android, looks human but has silvery hair, glowing neon blue eyes, and glowing tattoos on his skin. (pathfinder Android, I found this image of Percy from critical role and it is similar to what i had in mind)
    History:
    -Previously a clockwork engineer in the metropolis of Rhomme. Evacuated to Cloud City because heavy radiation messes with his memory cache and internal circuitry.
    -Was born in the Android factory of Goston, has travelled to a few countries in his long lifetime, memory corrupted.
    -Has good knowledge of machinery and electric magic engineering but his passion is clockwork engineering, he finds them cute.

Abilities:
    -Craft Pocket Watch I: the most common product he produces, a pocket watch. Using mostly gears and a little magic, it can run indefinitely long and is durable.
    -Craft Music Box I: can craft a small music box. Requires the music score, as he has no talent in music.
    -Craft Prosthetic I: Can craft prosthetic's, by using android technology the limb can be responsive like a normal limb. With the right tools and materials he could craft an almost perfect replica to the lost limb, but currently he can only make simple prosthetic's with common materials.
    -Craft Toy I: can craft a simple wind up toy, like a musician, a train, or other. Be careful of chocking on small parts.

(due to memory corruption and lack of materials he can only craft simple clockwork machines. With time and experience he will be able to craft higher technology equipment)

Inventory:
    -2000$
    -toolkit (suitcase)
    -clothes and a diary (suitcase)
    -Shipping box full of materials
    -Shipping box with equipment

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  10. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Tacky Longjohns
    Race: Alien
    Appearance: medium length blonde hair pulled up into a ponytail, pale blue skin, pupiless white eyes, Tall and skinny as a rail (6'5). Average lifespan is 350 years.
    History:
    • Was kicked out of probing school for being too squeamish, and instead sent out to study the behavior and culture of different sentient lifeforms. Unfortunately, something went wrong during transportation and Tacky ended up who knows how many dimensions over from where she was supposed to be.
    • As an Alien of the race Beta389, Tacky was assigned a name at birth. Translated into English it reads as Tacky Longjohns. This particular race of Aliens are particularly talented with probing due to not being able to reproduce normally. Besides their advance technology, their biology is also particularly interesting and weird. Upon birth, each child is able to secrete five types of slime (from their skin) of varying colors and different effects. As they grow older, these effects will usually alter, change, and even become more effective.
    Abilities:

Blue Slime Secretion - Smells like lemons and is a good cleaning agent!

Green Slime Secretion - Scentless, but tastes like apples and can replace a meal nutrient wise. Overuse leads to stomach cramps and constipation.

Red Slime Secretion - Spicy! Good for warding away mosquitos and persistent suitors.

Yellow Slime Secretion - Smells like dirt, tastes like dirt. Plants love it though, and it can perk a neglected one right up.

White Slime Secretion - Smells like flowers, attracts small animals...and bees.

Inventory:
    Futuristic Bodysuit x1 (Self-Cleaning)
    Futuristic Utility Belt x1 Contains Nutrient Solution for 1 month in case of emergencies
    Alien Tech Watch x1 (Broken)
    Alien Tech WFB389 Tablet (Updates with basic info on the planet you land on. Different dimensions are not taken into account).

11. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: 8/ 10/ 2500(19?)
    Bank: 1000$
    Job: Clockwork engineer
    Expenses: 800$ a month from rent and materials
    Entry:
    Landed from the airship. It took a few hours to reach the shop I am renting, A small shop, with a room with a glass window and a small workshop in the back. Fortunately I do not require food, and I only need to sleep (recharge) a couple hours, so this will be enough for me to live in.
    I brought the bare minimum of equipment necessary to work with. But i will have to acquire more if I wish to make anything more complex than a pocket watch.
    I am currently in Scirocco st. 14. It is not a very frequented part of the city, so I may have to set up a stall in the marketplace to attract customers. The landlord was very quick and efficient in giving me the keys to the place as soon as I gave him the required amount of money, seemingly not one for small talk as most humans usually are. I am grateful.
    The shop is currently covered in dust and must be cleaned. So the store is currently unsuitable for customers.
    I will need to acquire some cleaning supplies and a simple stall to sell my wares in the market.
    I shall do that post haste.

Shop:
    - Pocket Watch: 200$
    -Music Box: 140$
    -Prosthetic arm/leg : 400$
    -Wind-up Toy: 40$

12. Alchyr

Reading List:
    Link
    We probably should decide on the year... 2019 doesn't really make sense, I suppose. Is it just 2500? Or 2519?

13. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: Tuesday 2519 October 8
    Bank: $0
    Job: N/A
    Expenses: N/A

Entry:

Tacky Blinked. Huh. This wasn't Designation Planet 626. But then...where was she, exactly? Right. This looked like a job for...! Oh. Tacky's communications watch was broken. Now she couldn't abuse the brains of her fellow Beta389...

Tacky blinked again. Hmm. The WFB389 Tablet maybe? Hey look! It's working! What's that WFB? Tacky's on Earth?

Where's Earth again?

WFB was giving her errors however...what does it mean dimension unknown?! Tacky sighed and decided to explore her surroundings. Just looking around, everything was foreign enough that she wasn't hopeful of a rescue anytime soon...insignificant drop-outs like her are a dime a dozen after all, they wouldn't spare the resources to look farther than two planets...and this definetly wasn't one she recognized.

Still, at least this place had the good sense to build itself in the sky! Hopefully Tacky could blend in and make a living here somehow...baring that, she did have the emergency nutrient solution all Beta389's are required to carry!

That's the spirit Tacky! Positive thoughts!

Personal Shop:

Blue Slime!
    Green Slime!
    Red Slime!
    Yellow Slime!
    White Slime!

leegood likes this.
  14. Alchyr

Reading List:
    Link
    Sana

Date: Tuesday, October 8, 25xx
    Bank: $2811 (+12, -1)
    Job: Hoping people visit her house and buy stuff ($20/day, but maybe it'll go up as more people know her.)
    Expenses: $50 per day for food/basic ingredients for stuff she sells (She is buying a small house with monthly payments of $800)
    Entry:

This is... pretty dull. It's not really that surprising, but it'd be nice if at least a few more people came inside. So far, I've only sold 2 Stamina potions to some curious fellow who decided to try them to "test the flavor". Everyone else just looked around and left.

I'm getting kind of hungry too after all this sitting around... Guess I'll see if there's any cheap food available.

Purchases $1 extraordinarily boring bread from @fuyuuri

This bread is... Very plain. But, it's cheap for a decent amount of it, so I guess I'll probably be trying more of it in the future. I wonder who the seller is? Kirin? Interesting name.

Shop:
    • Basic Stamina Potion: $6 each
    • Basic Restorative Potion: $9 each

15. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    In the introduction it was stated that the year was 2500 XD but it will be confusing if we are using real time dates. 2519 seems like a good compromise so we can just put DD/ MM/ 19 and claim that its 2519 and not 2019

16. Dravde

Dravde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Dravde
    Race: Human (Stasis)
    History:
    • A man stuck between dimension after the fall of his homeworld Rae Velter. After slowly adapting to the Lost Dimension he figured out how to travel between different realms.
    • Former Special Anomaly Officer turned into an adventurer/writer to travels around to find a reason for himself in his eternal existence.
    Abilities:
    1. Writing Stories: Requires paper and ink/charcoal/other writing substance.
    2. Story Telling: Tell captivating stories to listeners. Can slightly influence their emotions.
    3. Engineering: Can create/fix basic industrial level engineering systems if materials and tools are provided.
    4. Basic Crafting: Can create basic wood/metal materials and simple wooden structures (fence, shelter, etc) if materials and tools are provided.
    5. Basic First Aid Kit: Craft a very basic first aid kit that anyone can use. Can be used to patch up wounds/sprains, stop bleeding and splints to fix broken limbs in place. Has extra space to put potions and antidotes.
    Inventory:
    • Anomaly Office Combat Outfit
    • Survival equipment, tent
    • Diary (Record of Travels)
    • Two empty books, pen, 2 pencils, eraser

17. Dravde

Dravde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: 8.10.2519
    Bank: 0$
    Job: Writer/Story Teller
    Expenses: ?$
    Entry:

New world... new city... now what should I do?

I guess I'll set my tent up somewhere where it doesn't bother anyone... *Looks around and sees an old looking 3 stoorie building* For now let's set it up on that flat rooftop and scout out for a better place up there.

The scenery is quite nice up here. Seems that the town square not that far away from here. I should go there and relax a bit.

I should find a place and sit down to write some stories that could sell around here... Some kids got curious about me, wondering what this uncle wearing a weird outfit is writing.
    Well my outfit would certainly look weird considering it is a combat outfit against anomalies. I wouldn't want to fight anomalies like Slenderman and Skinwalker with this worlds outfits.

I told the kids that I'm writing stories and now they pester me to tell them something... Well I guess this is a good time as any to see what kind of stories people here like. I started telling stories to the kids about old stories from my homeworld. The boys liked the hero stories about my homecountry, Dragosmania the country of Dragons and Shamans, while the girls cried to the love story about the Thorn Princess from Lowine.

Without me noticing a small crowd has surrounded us and started making merry while listening to my stories. They gave me some tips and shared some food and drinks. Atleast the people here are good natured. I guess I'll come here to tell stories daily to get some practise and make some small change.

Bank: 16$

18. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup! Sounds good to me! 2519 it is!

Let’s keep the day of the week the same though. Like October 8 is a Tuesday for me!

19. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Kirin:

Date: Tuesday Oct-8 (part 2)
    Bank: $500 (+1) (-9)
    Job: Baker Assistant (Salary: $80/day)
    Expenses: $100/day (food/hotel)
    Entry:

Oh! Someone purchased a loaf of bread. I guess I should make more, then? I don't have that many hours of free time in the evening after working all day though... but I guess I should suck it up and bake more!

The buyer's name was Sana... huh. Maybe I should send them a message? The InstaMarket app seems to allow for that:

Hiyo! Thanks for buying this really extraordinarily boring bread! I'm literally working out of the oven in my hotel room, but I promise it's definitely not sketchy at all~! If you have any advice on how I can improve the taste, I appreciate any feedback! For my day job, I’m an assistant baker at Sunnyside Bakery, so feel free to drop by! Let’s get along in the future!!!

After pressing send, I decided to buy one of Sana’s Basic Restorative Potions ($9) @Alchyr

I mean, I was definitely too lazy to get up to visit her store, plus it was getting sort of late (almost night), but the online marketplace would surely be okay, right?

Anyhow I thought it would be useful to have a healing potion around... just in case... right? Although it’s not like I do anything dangerous. That said, I also didn’t know exactly how potent it was — if I accidentally sliced off my finger would it fix it??? I wasn’t exactly eager to try to find out... :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

I also browsed some of the other InstaMarket listings.

The magic oven certainly seemed interesting but I don’t have an apartment yet. Also I wasn’t sure if I knew how to use it — back on the Surface my sensei I was the more traditional type. Besides, I don’t really know enough about magic to assess if the quality is good or not. Maybe if I had a knowledgeable friend (>.< which I clearly don’t), I could ask them what they think?

...it’s always good to be cautious about what you buy online.

Buying in person in a shop is almost always better, of course. But be careful not to get scammed!

+ + +

Shop:
    • Really boring Bread: $1 per loaf (limited quantities daily) (100% refund if dissatisfied)

20. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Name: Jun
    Race: Human (Wizard)
    History:
    • Became a hedge witch/wizard at age 23 and stopped aging due to various circumstances
    • Travels the world trying to save botanical plants, preserving rare seed varieties at risk for extinction
    • Basically a botanist/biologist, but effectively unemployed
    • Affiliated with the International Research Association -- and hitches rides traveling to places on the Surface on research missions
    Abilities:
    1. Can talk to plants and know their feelings (even though they don't talk back)
    2. Can influence the growth of plants
    3. Preserve a seed indefinitely
    4. Magically cultivate a plant from seed - Requires a seed and soil and water and magical power spent
    5. Hydroponics - Cultivate a plant in small spaces using modern technology
    Inventory:
    • $100 cash
    • Dimensional suitcase with seeds of various common kitchen vegetables
    • Magical Staff
    • Gardening tools
    • Badger familiar - Named "Ryuu"