[Poll] How much would you pay to NOT eat algae paste?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 9, 2019.

Tags:
?

How much would you be willing to spend on a restaurant meal in this setting?

1. 1x monthly minimum wage or more

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. 2x weekly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. 1x weekly minimum wage (5 days)

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. 3x daily minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2x daily minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 1x daily minimum wage (8 hours)

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. 6x hourly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. 4x hourly minimum wage

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. 3x hourly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. 2x hourly minimum wage

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  11. 1.5x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 1x hourly minimum wage

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  13. 0.75x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. 0.5x hourly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  15. 0.25x hourly minimum wage or less

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  16. I'm unsure

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  17. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  18. I would eat algae paste for every meal

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn_two::blobpopcorn_two::blobpopcorn_two::blobpopcorn_two::blobpopcorn_two:

In the year 3000, Earth is controlled by a global communist economic collective. Due to overpopulation and food scarcity issues, supermarkets and household/personal/individual cooking is banned. It is impossible to acquire food anywhere else except at cafeterias or restaurants.

Since you live in a communist state, cafeteria food is free.

Every day, you can show up at the local cafeteria and have a meal of algae paste. It is highly nutritious and supplemented with all sorts of vitamins and fiber and nutrients and minerals. In fact, you could eat algae paste for the rest of your life and you would be quite healthy — and it's absolutely healthier than most forms of junk food, red meat, fried foods, etc, etc.

The only issue is that it tastes suuuuper bland (like algae!).

If you don't want to eat algae paste, you have to spend credits (pay money) at restaurants to eat something else. However, the food at restaurants can be quite expensive.
    1. How much would you be willing to spend on a meal at a restaurant to avoid eating algae paste? How many times a week would you try eating out?

2. If you were super rich, how many meals a week would you eat algae paste by choice (remember that it's super healthy for you)?

3. Nutrition or taste? Which do you pick?

4. How would you feel if the government had 100% control over your diet and replaced it with a regimen that is highly nutritious and could extend your lifespan by 20 years?

2. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How much would you be willing to spend on a meal at a restaurant to avoid eating algae paste? How many times a week would you try eating out?
    (+.+)/ *Hands over @Osamaru *
    2. If you were super rich, how many meals a week would you eat algae paste by choice (remember that it's super healthy for you)?
    (@.@)
    4. How would you feel if the government had 100% control over your diet and replaced it with a regimen that is highly nutritious and could extend your lifespan by 20 years?

(~^o^) *lives at @Osamaru 's house for another 20 years*

3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't i just sprinkle some bacon bits to it?

1x per month, I may be broke boi, but I wanna indulge myself sometimes

See above "Can't i just sprinkle some bacon bits to it?" and that should answer your question.

I drink more water than coke, not because of health, cuz I poor.

I pick both, because I am not an extremist.

Why the fuck my govt would want me to live longer?

4. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    orz...... Not only did my Daughter just sell me, but she even plans on taking over my house once I'm out of the picture?! QAQ @Bielt what have you been teaching your Grandniece?!

5. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time to move to the Titan colony and become a pioneering rancher. These mofos are be trippin as the kids say.

6. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    I voted for 3x hourly wage!

I would probably eat algae paste for most meals but occasionally eat out. I didn't really think that hard about this though!

7. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd never eat out. I'd just treat eating as a chore. It's the same reason why I refuse to eat/enjoy sushi/sashimi : fish population is dwindling fast and prices are going up. I'd rather not learn the joys of such an expensive hobby than learn it and be "forced" to deal with the consequences.

If I could easily afford to eat out every day, I would. Otherwise, don't even bother getting started.

Number one on my priority is affordability. As long as the nutritious one is more affordable than the tasty one, I'd never bother eating the tasty one and treat eating the same as brushing my teeth.

I'd be up for it if the government was trustworthy. But yknow, humans being humans, and humans being trash, no I don't trust any government fully. Who knows if it extends my lifespan 20 years by sucking out 20 years of youth ? oh, great, now you get to live to 100 but you feel 60 when you're 40.

iampsyx likes this.
  8. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like it would probably look and taste the same going out as it would in

9. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) A day's wage. If Everything else is free aside from entertainment I would try to eat at the restaurant once every few days.
    2) 21 times a week. All three meals. Why eat tasteless food if you can have good tasting food.
    3) Taste over Nutrition by a narrow margin. Health is fine but what is the point in food if you can't enjoy it.
    4) Screw that. I would rather eat what I enjoy and die earlier than eat tasteless food or food I don't enjoy and live another 20 years.

10. Bias

Bias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    None. If it is food and not poisonous, I'll eat it.
    If it is food and not poisonous, I'll eat it. Those money can be used for exotic seasoning.
    If it is food and not poisonous, I'll eat it. I don't really care.
    If it is food and not poisonous, I'll eat it. Starvation is not an option.

11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    If we live in a true communist society, why do we have money or super rich people?

I think if my cat master is eating the finest fish and the prime beef, that is all that matters : /

AMissingLinguist and CyberCypher like this.
  12. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! WAKE UP !

Although that would explain why the last batch taste abit funny.
    Note to self- Clowns make terrible stock base

13. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    @lychee doing something like that will only increase crime rate... no forget about that stuff, this scenario will make lots people find 'alternatives' and by that I mean things like drugs, drugs users will sky rocket, because this scenario of yours is favouring rich people while the majority of people aren't rich meaning either one of two ends, world's population decreasing possibly falling to unprecedented levels that humans might become endangered species or the other possible end is an apocalypse, and in both options humanity is doomed so forget about taste and sugest a solution to peoples desires (maybe some medicine that will make people lose their sense of self or free will or something :blobunsure:)

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  14. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe in the future, the upper class will eat real meat, mid class eat bio-meat and soylent green for lower class.

15. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't me!
    >.<)/
    Tho I never ate algae paste I like algae~!
    So it totally wasn't my fault~!
    Was it you @A5G_Reaper ?

16. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Gasp! Is that why its 14 meals?! Is @leegood paying for you too?!

AMissingLinguist and leegood like this.
  17. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a trick question, if you lived in communist state, you wouldn't get wages of any kind.

AMissingLinguist and Osamaru like this.
  18. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    \(~^o^}/ *noms algae*
    (~^p^)

Osamaru likes this.
  19. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit of it is pulled from what my parents told me communist china was like during mao's era.

Although not "currency" per say, everyone was issued "food ration tickets" ... which if you think about it carefully is basically the same thing as money.

Like maybe 3 food ration tickets for a thing of salt/oil, etc, etc.

Money is a funny thing. It's kind of an abstract concept that exists even in the absence of an official currency. Even in prisons, "money" can circulate in the form traded goods (e.g. cigarettes, other stuffies). As long as you have trade or bartering, then money sort of exists as long as there is a uniformly agreed upon way that value is assigned to something portable.

Even an unofficial convention can become money before you know it.

20. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I think about 6x minimum wage would be about what I'd be willing to spend on food, any more expensive and I'd make sure to avoid ever eating at a restaurant so I don't develop a taste for it. Perhaps by that point, we'd have enough understanding of the brain to simulate taste through electrical stimulation or something... Who knows.

If I was super rich, I'd probably rather spend my money on tech and entertainment, rather than food. Perhaps I'd eat out to develop a VR system of some kind so people would just stick to eating healthy food with a simulated taste.

Nutrition in this case. I wish I could find some kind of perfectly balanced food paste that I could just eat for every meal. Right now one of my biggest struggles is figuring out what I'm supposed to be eating without having to spend a fortune on it.

Awesome!

Edit: I advocate to be given food blocks to take with me instead of paste at the cafeteria since It seems like a waste of time to sit down and eat at a cafeteria when I could just be eating as I work...

AMissingLinguist and AliceShiki like this.