[Poll] How much would you pay to NOT eat algae paste?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 9, 2019.

Tags:
?

How much would you be willing to spend on a restaurant meal in this setting?

1. 1x monthly minimum wage or more

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. 2x weekly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. 1x weekly minimum wage (5 days)

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. 3x daily minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2x daily minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 1x daily minimum wage (8 hours)

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. 6x hourly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. 4x hourly minimum wage

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. 3x hourly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. 2x hourly minimum wage

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  11. 1.5x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 1x hourly minimum wage

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  13. 0.75x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. 0.5x hourly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  15. 0.25x hourly minimum wage or less

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  16. I'm unsure

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  17. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  18. I would eat algae paste for every meal

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    ALGAE PASTE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!?
    Im gonna destroy the world.

PaladinWolf and Si Kucing like this.
  2. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm always taste over substance. If it can be combined, that's best. I'd probably blow my money on the food. And if I were very rich, I'd dine out all the time, forget algae. Now if the gov't prolonged my youth together with my life span by 20 years, I'd let them regulate my diet. But if I have to live to 120 looking and feeling like 120, no thanks.

3. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Answer:
    Revolution! We shall be free, or die trying!

Oh wait.....
    3. Taste......

4. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Stupid thing: it makes no sense for it to be algae paste, since unless it's been treated or you have the correct bacteria in your stomach (which only a handful of ethnicities have), it's basically like eating cardboard, almost no dietary value. I would think that for if you are using it just as a vehicle for the nitrients you pump into it, there would be better alternatives.

5. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd just start a war against my commie oppressors and take the livestock they've been keeping for themselves thats why Americans have guns

6. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm? But isn't seaweed edible?

Seaweed is a kind of algae

EDIT: I got this idea because I read some time ago articles on how algae could be food for the future

AliceShiki and iampsyx like this.
  7. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait how do you know algae tastes bland

8. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I marked that I would be willing to spend 8xminimum wage (a days work at minimum wage). Food should be rare but not impossible to acquire. A normal person at minimum wage would probably be willing to buy food other than pasta around once or twice a month at that cost. I myself would eat on special occasions or when I missed the cafeteria time and am really hungry. Avg 1-2 times a month despite most likely being over minimum wage

Most of them, but perhaps have them delivered to home fresh?

A balance, maybe add some seasoning to the pasta

I’d be okay with it, but many people like having choice. I would worry that it would lower our immune defenses or put us at risk of having our entire food supply destroyed (algae). Eating a variety like honey helps with immune defenses and relying on one plant could wipe both species out (plant and human). Look up bananas and other similar fruits that are at such risk.

9. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1.I am a cheap fuck and will never spend anything and just eat that algae like a peasant
    2. Why eat good food when you can eat pussy? JK, i'll spend my money on nutritious food that tastes good.
    3.Why not both? I'll pick something more nutritious but I wouldn't sacrifice flavor for it.
    4.I wouldn't mind tbh

10. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno. If it is bland and unpleasant I'll just buy some salt\sugar to make it bearable and gulp it down for every meal.
    If it doesn't make you retch I might not get any salt\sugar at all and eat it as is. A week or two to get used to. No need to care about food later. Healthy and free and enough to not feel hunger, what else do you need from food? indulging tasty things is nice, but... not something you need to be happy in life

11. streakingzero

streakingzero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1.Probably each weekends

2.Weekdays

3.A certain balance of both

4. *shrugs*

I think you are confused between Algae and Agar.
    Algae is basically some type of plant that includes lichen, seaweed, kelp, nori, etc. A lot of them has taste of their own, and do have some nutritional value

Agar is basically vegetable gelatin/soluble fiber that is extracted from some species of seaweed

12. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    If most people would have no choice but to eat bland paste all the time, wouldn't their teeth/gums weaken and jaw muscles atrophy? Not to mention how that would affect their taste buds...I think I saw a youtube video before stating that folks who are living in places that haven't been "touched by modern civilization" that much yet have stronger and healthier teeth because of diet (they have to chew "tougher" meat/plants more often compared to the "soft" processed food we have nowadays)

Not sure how credible the studies the video used were, but I do believe that not being able to utilize your tongue and teeth most of the time would have some kind of effect at the very least.

AliceShiki and fuyuuri like this.
  13. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Those are good points! I'm sure you're right!

iampsyx likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1.1) *works some math*
    So uhn... Minimum Wage being 1000nu£, if we split that into 22 working days, we get 45.45nu£/day... If we split that into 8h/day, we get 5.68nu£/hour... Uhn... Isn't that dirty cheap?
    Assuming I'm earning minimum wage, I'd be willing to spend 4x the hourly wage to eat out. 22.22nu£ to eat out doesn't seem like a particularly outrageous number and I can treat myself with that from time to time. If my salary was bigger, I'd probably be willing to spend more.

1.2) How many times/week though? Once a week perhaps? That's around 90nu£ spent on food already, which is about 1/11th of my monthly wage... Seems about the reasonable limit. If I earned more, I'd be willing to eat on Saturdays and on Wednesdays perhaps.

2) Probably none? I mean, there are certainly other healthy foods out there, and if money is not a concern, I'd prefer to eat food that is both healthy and tasty instead of only healthy.

3) Taste first, but nutrition comes as a close second. In general we need a balance, but I just won't eat something I hate just because it's nutritious... Unless I'm really starved for money and it's cheap that is.

4) I'd be fine with it for as long as they didn't force me to eat stuff I hate I suppose? I mean, I'm willing to eat most things, but I like some things more than others... If you make me regularly eat stuff I dislike, I'd be annoyed.
    So... Depends solely on what the government chooses, I don't mind having a controlled diet for as long as I like the diet... I mean, I had no say in what I ate for all my childhood and teen years anyways, it's not a concept I'm unused to.
    ... Oh, though I would get annoyed if it was always the same stuff every week, some variety is good, otherwise I'd get really tired of it.

iampsyx likes this.
  15. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Not sure. I wouldnt mind eating algae paste. And it would be a monthly eating out thing for me. Makes me enjoy it more.

2. 14. The other 7 are breakfast which i don't eat

3. Both! \o/

4. Wouldnt mind so long as they include a snack here and there. (Has to be tasty)

16. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised by the proportion of people who said they would eat algae every day!

It's more than I expected! :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

iampsyx likes this.
  17. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm::hmm::hmm: Without thinking too much about it , I'd work half a day for food!! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero: I'd try to eat out at least once a workday so I'll have something to look forward to every time I force myself to leave bed-chan's loving embrace. :blobrofl:

If I were super rich...wouldn't I be able to buy or fund someone to get me delicious and healthy food? :blob_tilt:

Variety!! :blobhero: Have you ever tried eating bland porridge for days? I've only tried having it as a meal once or twice but I know I'll go out of my mind in less than a week!

It might be easier if I've been eating algae paste since I were a kid, but making a successful transition from my current diet to that would be very difficult no matter how "healthy" it is...

As for taste, I'm currently trying to recondition my taste buds to eat healthier. Less sweets, bread, and processed food, more veggies, soup and fish. So far it does feel like my tongue is getting a bit more sensitive to salt and sugar and I'm starting to notice 'subtle' flavors and focus on texture more. So yeah, variety is at the top of my list, followed by nutrition and then taste for last.

:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful: I can look after my health just fine!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from my food!!!!!!!! :blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife:

AliceShiki likes this.
  18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft! Those crybaby snowflakes of 3000 AD.

Back in my day we eat grass. Grass! Even if you beg from the rooms next to you, you still won't get to eat properly. You'd be lucky if they'd allow you to lick the fungus from their walls, because trust me, they would've licked those fungus clean first if they had any. At least you get to eat something nutritious that won't cause your body harm. Those fungus we licked off the walls barely contained enough protein to allow us to crawl to the next room over so that we can eat the corpses of those kids there. Sure they were dead, but there were at least some meat off those bones, at least as long as the other hungry kids don't get to them first.

The majority of our food came from the ground beneath our feet, assuming we had feet in the first place. Most of us cut off our own feet first because we didn't really need it. What did we do with them? We eat them, of course! You think we'd throw them away? That's a whole lot of proteins. And once we're done with that, we'd eat each other's lower legs too, because boy, those were filling! We usually eat each other's hands last because we need those to manipulate tools and hold stuff and to drag our bodies to where we need to go once we've eaten our thighs as well. Our hands were pretty much our last emergency meal. That was assuming we don't get attacked and eaten first, that is.

19. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I picked 3x hourly wage.
    And try to eat out 3 days a week? (I'm unsure about this part)
    2. At least once per day. Probably two meals a day.
    3. Both
    4. I would feel: :blobpopcorn_two:
    Trying as many new and good foods as I can is one of the things I live for. So it's like "hey let's make living crappier and as a bonus, make it longer too!" So it's :blobpopcorn_two:
    Speaking of new foods, let me try that algae pasta / paste maybe? :blobpeek:
    Just to see how it tastes.

iampsyx and AliceShiki like this.
  20. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How much would you be willing to spend on a meal at a restaurant to avoid eating algae paste? How many times a week would you try eating out?

$0. 0 times.

2. If you were super rich, how many meals a week would you eat algae paste by choice (remember that it's super healthy for you)?

0 meals.

3. Nutrition or taste? Which do you pick?

Money.

4. How would you feel if the government had 100% control over your diet and replaced it with a regimen that is highly nutritious and could extend your lifespan by 20 years?

I don't mind as long as the government is paying for it.