LCD The Resplendent Farming Apothecary

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Oct 2, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-resplendent-farming-apothecary/

C3: “Mrs. Gu, you have gone too far with the incident today! Okay, you are all a family, there will be no grudges." So, try to murder a child in your care and you'll be lightly scolded. Oo, better not do that again. What a fearsome patriarch.

C4: "On a good day, he would be able to catch a pheasant or a rabbit and he’d send it over to Dr. Wu and have him checked out his sister. Dr. Wu told him that she was so much ill rather than being starved and overworked. All she need was nourishment." If its the same answer every time, then stop giving the food to the doctor and start giving it to your sister you idiot. And doctor, stop taking the damn food when you already know what the problem is, have already told them what the problem is, and know that taking the food is just speeding the little girl on her way to death :/

C5: "All you need to do is to make sure she doesn’t die from starvation.” What a loving father.

If they're really that poor, then I'm surprised they didn't try to off one of their kids before now.

C7: "She must admit that she had very strong desire to poison her so she could never speak again." So why haven't you?

"In her pass life, she could burn the kitchen down trying to make porridge!" She was an alchemist in her past life. There's no way an alchemist would be bad at cooking. Not unless she flatout didn't care about it in the slightest and didn't try at all. Maybe not even then.

C10: She should have just given the entire hare to Ninth Aunt, then gone to her house to eat dinner with her brother. No reason to let the rest of her "family" eat well when they starved her to death.

C11: Its strange in one of these stories for the wicked stepmother to be suffering almost as much as the MC. Its hard to even hate her since her actions are actually quite practical under the circumstances in her culture. She's still a terrible person mind you. Just not as terrible as you'd expect.

C12: So, its not so much that her dad hates her or wants her dead as it is that he just doesn't care if she dies.

C13: I'm really not clear on why she hasn't killed her parents yet. It feels like she wouldn't have any trouble finding a new family to take care of her and her brother, and the new family couldn't be worse than the current one.

C14: Why are the fish so easy to catch? Wouldn't the village have wiped them out already if they were that easy?

C16: And the ML appears. I wonder if his transmigration experience was as bad as hers.

C17: I wonder if he'll hide his identity from her.

C18: It feels wrong for the ML to be making moves on someone who looks like she's eight years old, regardless of her soul's actual age.

C19: Yin Mei must think he's a pedo...

C23: "He didn’t know whether the red lotus dimension transmigrated with her." Why does he think of it as the "red lotus dimension"? Wasn't the red lotus added after her transmigration?

C25: I get this feeling that he might try to take over the country so that he can make her the empress...

C30: "Ling Juechen had no concern whatsoever about why the pigeon was there in the first place." lol. He's suddenly become such a terrible general ;)

C31: So, not a person who learns from her mistakes then.

C33: He does understand that the only way to be a successful merchant is to sell things for more than he bought them for, right? I hope for his sake that he's lying about the prices.

C34: "There was some hesitation in his voice." I wonder why he'd hesitate. Honestly, if this was an option, I'm surprised they hadn't already done it.

C35: Why are they even bothering to try to convince her? Just tell her she's coming along to help carry the bags or something. That would at least be slightly more believable. Or, they could say that they're going to ditch her and her brother with her mother's relatives who recently contacted them for the first time. The two would probably be utterly ecstatic about that.

C36: Ah, so the MC is a duchess and her "mother" kidnapped her when she left her job as a maid. I wonder why? Was she trying to ransom the kid back when she died? Does the father know? Is that why he keeps blaming the mother for his current life?

I wonder if her brother is actually her brother.

C37: Ah, so she didn't kidnap the MC. I wonder why they didn't send a guard or two with her. A woman alone with a child would not be safe in that era, especially if she also had money.

This chapter is super short.

So, if she's going to become a high ranking noble's pampered daughter, then how is she supposed to become a farmer?

That aside, I'm sensing a reverse harem here. We have the transmigrated ML, the probably not blood related brother, and this genius apothecary guy. Plus, I'm sure there'll be lots more once she's a noble again.

EmpressRouge25 likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he doesn't want his line to end, then why doesn't he get married? Men are never too old to have children, unless they develop sterility in some other manner anyway.

"None of the exchanged failed to escape Gu Ye" So she didn't notice it at all?

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm shocked that she actually allowed herself to be sold. What happened to her lightening reflexes and diabolical poisons? Its not like she wasn't expecting something like this to happen.

4. fringecapybara

fringecapybara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Double negative. She missed nothing, therefore she noticed everything.

5. fringecapybara

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the MC was very conscientious on keeping up with her appearances. She didn't want to be "burned as a witch", so to speak. A weak 11-yo suddenly beating up 2 grown men would be a give away that something was wrong. Possibly her twin brother would notice something was going on too.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, "None failed to escape" means that they all succeeded in escaping her, which means that she noticed nothing.
    That's never stopped her before, and if she wasn't willing to defend herself in public, there'd have been no reason for her to go with them in the first place. The fact that they were up to no good was obvious to her from the start.

Also, she doesn't need to beat them up. She just needs to escape from them and scream at the top of her lungs for the guards. I don't get the impression that selling children is actually legal. Failing that, she can simply pretend to be super sick. I'm sure she's more than capable of faking a serious illness. They were pretty clear about the fact that they weren't interested in buying sick kids.

7. fringecapybara

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I see what you meant now.

Maybe she wanted to see what exactly they had planned? Plus, she knew she could easy get away, so she wasn't really worried. And, there's no social services back then, she might be able to scream and ask for help, but then she wouldn't be able stay with her family and her brother afterward. Just like her brother said, two 11-year-olds couldn't branch out and have their own household just yet.

If she pretended to be sick, there will always be a next time. The stepmom wouldn't give up so easily.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he knows who the MC's parents really are, then why has he always treated her so poorly? Does he not fear the repercussions when they come calling? Even if he has no fear, does he also have no ambition to profit from returning her to them?

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Never mind if he can even find that trafficker; even if he can, he has no money on him. He won’t be able to get her back." I realize she doesn't care if the traffickers take him, but wouldn't the father?

Shouldn't the MC have been worried that they'd beat up her brother too? He might not have managed to escape their parents before the thugs showed up after all.

I'm a bit disappointed that the MC didn't try to rescue the kids. I get why she didn't, but its still a bit disappointing.

"They had lost not only the two taels, but also the change that they had with them originally." So, they brought more than enough money to pay for a ton of pastries with them? Why? Were they planning to pay for lodging if they couldn't find the slaver immediately?

"said she wanted to report her to the officials." That sounds like a good way to get yourself killed. Well, unless slavery is legal, but even then, slavery is super profitable. I sincerely doubt that the local government would choose her over a successful business person.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "He wondered where their little sister was right now." I wonder if he'll remember this moment later when he actually meets her ;)

Also wondering what happened to all those jewels and money. Did the father already sell them and squander the money? Or did he brag about it and it got stolen while putting a target on their heads? Or is it still hidden somewhere, and the father just doesn't know where? If its that last one, what will lead the MC to find it when her father couldn't? It's not like he wouldn't have been looking, and if he found it but it was locked to her, he would definitely have forced her to open it.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "She was possessed by some demons in the mountain?" Finally. Someone actually noticed. I don't know why this basically never happens in these stories.

These chapters are far too short. Hardly anything happens and then they're over.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C48: The man is crippled and likely looking for someone to take care of him, not someone for him to take care of himself... Though, I'm sure she knows that.

That aside, this is probably the luckiest day of his life.

C49: I wonder if he's a high ranking military official now or some kind of merchant. I'm leaning towards high ranking official since it'll cause more friction with the ML as well as a career path for her brother that's more traditional (from a reverse harem member trope perspective) than merchant.

Even with two chapters at once, it feels like I've read less than one. These chapters are just way too short.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why this guy even wants to live in that village. He could probably buy a fairly nice place in town and live there. It doesn't feel like he really has any connection to anyone in the village anymore anyway.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel sorry for their half brothers who have to keep living in that house. Its unlikely that they'll grow up to be good people with those two as examples, and even less likely that they'll find brides after everyone has seen how their father treats his.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "he had been in the military for dozens of years, how could he be so broke?" With extreme ease.

"hat old man retried from the military with an injury, of course he would receive supplement from the government." That's definitely not guaranteed.

I wonder if the MC will pretend to not know what she's doing for a while before riding the horse properly.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “I have done some research" How? No one in the village would know a thing about his past yet, and you've had no time to go elsewhere even if you had any sources at all, which you don't.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That feels like a real waste of a strength potion. I sincerely doubt its ingredients are worth less than some yams.