[Poll] Would you become a priest or shrine maiden?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 9, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you become a priest/shrine-maiden for any of these 13 gods?

1. Fumir - God of the Sky

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Elena - Goddess of Life

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Chirus - God of the Sea

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. Gradite - Goddess of Harvest

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Pharis - Goddess of Wisdom

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Khinir - God of the Sun

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  7. Ila - Goddess of the Moon

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  8. Xavius - God of War

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  9. Dadione - Goddess of Love

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. Galdis - God of Fire

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  11. Horasil - God of Words

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  12. Kala - Goddess of Family

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  13. Dixnir - God of Festivity

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  14. I would refuse to dedicate my life to religion - I'm atheist

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  15. I would refuse to dedicate my life to religion - Don't trust gods

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  16. I would refuse to dedicate my life to religion - Deal isn't good enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I would refuse to dedicate my life to religion - Benefits too ambiguous

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  18. I would refuse to dedicate my life to religion - Uninterested in worship

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  19. I would refuse to dedicate my life to religion - Unwilling to adopt new moral values

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. I would refuse to dedicate my life to religion - Religious life is too restrictive

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  21. I would refuse to dedicate my life to religion - Other reason

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  22. I'm religious on Earth and would refuse to convert religions

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  23. I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  24. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) I would actually. I have been trying to motivate myself to go to a church (still haven't done it though! >.<) for a while now, I kinda want to get a bit closer to my own religious life. And that's here on Earth, where everything is abstract.
    Doing it in a world where I know the gods are real and that might even give me a benefit though? That seems like something I'd really want to get into. I feel like I could really enjoy living through life while serving a deity that I believe in and share morals with.

2) In order of favorite to least favorite:
    1. Elena
    2. Kala
    3. Dadione
    4. Khinir
    5. Ila
    6. Fumir
    7. Gradite
    8. Horasil
    9. Galdis
    10. Pharis
    11. Dixnir
    12. Chirus
    13. Xavius
    Elena fits right into what I'd like to revolve my life around, being able to help other people in those matters would also be great.
    Kala is really really close to Elena tbh, I'd also have a pretty happy life while dedicating myself to her.
    Dadione is... Well, she's lewd alright, it's more of a thing of a unique life I wouldn't be able to experience in any other manner. I kinda have some fantasies with this kind of thing and uhn... A whole life dedicated to it? Maybe I would regret it actually, but at the same time it's the kind of thing that could be really enjoyable... She's a weird pick, but one I could enjoy nonetheless.
    Khinir has a lot of interesting concepts that he revolves around. Prophecy in particular seems really interesting in a world with actual real gods. At the same time, none of them super speaks to me, there are lots that I like, but none that I love.
    Ila is a 1/2 like 1/2 dislike to me. Moon, Birth and Protection are wonderful concepts (though Moon is kinda vague). Plague, Hunt, Archery and Wilderness are not stuff I'd like to dedicate my life to though. And Virginity...? I wouldn't want to die a virgin tbh, but neutral otherwise.
    Fumir is like... The okay one. Order, Sky, Justice, Law are all okay concepts... While Thunder and Lightning are the "Who cares?" concepts.
    Gradite mainly liked the fertility part, the rest I'm kinda neutral to. She's a bit too much in the nature aspect of things though, which is not something I particularly enjoy, so she's below Fumir.
    Horasil He almost got #3 in the list, but then there was a wild Thieves and Games (by games here I'm pretty sure it means gambling), so he fell pretty drastically. Love the first concepts, but the last 2 killed him for me.
    Galdis Invention is nice, the rest are all stuff I'd rather stay away from.
    Pharis Handicraft is sweet, Warfare is... :blob_coughblood:
    Dixnir Wine, madness, ecstasy and drama in one single package? Yeah, no thanks. This is a recipe for disaster, don't wanna dedicate my life for that.
    Chirus Natural disasters and horses? Oh, the joy... Next.
    Xavius What can I say...? When I looked at the list I was pretty sure Chirus was going to be dead last, but you somehow made someone that was far far worse than Chirus could ever hope to be. :blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:

3) Not really, Elena already perfectly fits into what I'd wish to dedicate my life to fostering, so I can't really think of a minor God I'd want to worship.

4) I'm not sure tbh, I'm sure I have my limits, but it's hard to measure them. I think I'd be uncomfortable if I had to force people to join my religion or if I had to get involved in religious wars... Otherwise I think I'd mostly be fine.
    Ah, I'm also not the kind of person to be fine with a life totally free of material needs and that lives solely for religion and nothing else, but... Considering the concepts those gods represent, I don't think this is a worry I'd need to have in this scenario.
    I'd have to experience a religious life to properly measure my limits though. Right now it's pretty vague in my head.
    Oh, that's a good one that goes beyond me! I wouldn't be able to live well with this kind of thing! >.<

Though I'm the kind of person that would probably try to make small changes within my own church to abolish that. I wouldn't try to make it widespread in the whole sect of believers all across the globe, but being able to change the overall way those things are handled in my own small church would be nice.
    I agree with almost everything there! (I'm not very tied to science myself, that's pretty much the only thing that doesn't apply to me in this part) Probably why I think I'd accept this deal as well!
    While my choice of deity would be totally different from yours, I feel the same over how to choose the deity. I care a lot more for the values and how I'd live the life than I care about the reward, powers or whatever.
    I think I'd be able to go further than most too, though I guess your limits go beyond mine... Vow of chastity and never having kids for me are big NOs! Especially the kids one.

And you're not the only one that wrote an essay... :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:
    Good point!
    Yeah, those are things that are too much for me too...

iampsyx and fuyuuri like this.
  2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck having no luck in love XD you will be a virgin not by choice but by others choice!

3. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    blobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbs Couldn't have said it better myself. It would already consider being able to join a community of like-minded people and attend a religious temple/school/shrine/house with them already a reward.

Ahh I missed Ila! If the life dedicated to Khinir turns out to be too shiny and blinding for me, I'd pack my bags and head over to Ila's camp~ :blobmelt:
    :blobReach::blobReach::blobReach::blobReach::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove:

fuyuuri and AliceShiki like this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod* Especially for me nowadays that care a lot more for my social life than for pretty much anything else, joining a community to venerate a deity I care for would be really nice~

iampsyx likes this.
  5. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Romantic relationships aren't for everybody, including me, so I'm very okay with that. :blobrofl: Also, what do you mean by 'others' choice'? If I choose to worship a particular deity, that means I accept any duties and responsibilities required of me. Wouldn't it be considered my choice, then?

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    XD I mean even if you do fall in love and at first they love you. As soon as it starts getting serious they will leave and be willing to become a tree to escape you!

7. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it was the only thing that brought my family together. It was the happiest and luckiest moment in my life. My mom being healthy and alive, dad wasn't cheating on my mom, my siblings being nice and tasting my first watermelon which brought the nice things in life. So if i find the perfect watermelon, would mean finding the perfect life it would brought to me.

fuyuuri and AliceShiki like this.
  8. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    What's with some of the gods with conflicting jurisdiction?
    - Elena & Kala with their Family
    - Elena & Ila with their Birth
    - Khinir & Ila with their Plague
    - Gradite, Dadione, & Dixnir with their Fertility
    - Galdis & Kala with their Fire
    - Pharis & Xavius with their War

Anyway...
    1. Would you agree to dedicate yourself to a religious life? Why or why not?
    I as a non-religious-theist believe in the existence of a God but not in the religions.

I believe in that we must do good deeds whenever we can and must not do evil deeds but I don't believe in rituals and ceremonies like morning prayers or five times prayers or fasting or not eating meat etc; LET ALONE IN THESE MARKETING SALESMEN POSING AS GODS TO TRICK US FOR OUR FAITH.

2. Which god/goddess would you pick?
    Nope, they're shaddy bunch.

3. Suppose there are thousands of minor gods for almost any concept that exists. Is there a minor god that you would prefer to dedicate yourself to?
    One True God who created this universe and those phony punny gods.

4. What amount of religious piety is too extreme for you? Is there a limit to your dedication?
    Do good, don't do evil; that's the line.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  9. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Only to Ton the God(des?) of Prank

@Nurman

AliceShiki and Nurman like this.
  10. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am an Atheist but its not that I "refuse" to believe, I simply haven't encountered any "cause" that would have the effect of making me a believer... Would encountering these so called gods be enough? I don't know... Someone or something claiming they're a god, doesn't prove that they are...

But ultimately I suspect, my accepting or refusing their offer would depend less on my belief in their divinity, and more on whether the boon would be attractive enough... And on what happens if I accept but later turn away from the path... ie. is there a nasty penalty?

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  11. orematcha

orematcha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much I would accept this shady offers. I believe in the existence of God, and sometimes I wonder how exactly it works.. moreover, ain't most god in shoujo and josei manga looks attractive? :blobpats:
    maybe I would choose Fumir
    3. Suppose there are thousands of minor gods for almost any concept that exists. Is there a minor god that you would prefer to dedicate yourself to?
    Omoikane, a god of wisdom and intelligence based on Japanese mythology. Please help me and be patient with me.. :sweating_profusely:
    4. What amount of religious piety is too extreme for you? Is there a limit to your dedication?
    Can't think any at the moment..

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  12. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you agree to dedicate yourself to a Ton life? Ton or not Ton?
    Yes.

Ton.

2. Which Ton would you pick?
    Ton.

3. Suppose there are thousands of minor Tons for almost any Ton that exists. Is there a minor Ton that you would prefer to dedicate yourself to?
    There is only one Ton.

Ton is Ton.

4. What amount of Ton piety is too extreme for you? Is there a limit to your dedication?
    [​IMG]

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not particularly uncommon in most mythologies, there is some overlap in what each deity rules over.
    Ah, I think I mostly agree with this. Never cared for any ceremonies whatsoever and probably won't ever. But many of the religious morals make a lot of sense to me, so I follow them even if I'm not attached to a religion in particular~
    :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan already did. Become a shrine maiden, that is. Now, where did Ai-chan left that picture?

AMissingLinguist and orematcha like this.
  15. orematcha

orematcha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww:

Ai chan likes this.
  16. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Insert standard "priest is good with kids"-type joke here!

17. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    *Insert that's only for monotheists standard reply here*

18. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I likely would, because I'm bored enough to do it~
    2. I would very, very become the Apostle of Dixnir! I would make merry and slaughter everywhere I go in myriad worlds. Festivities are not always a good thing, are they~
    3. I would like a minor god of Insight to bestow me keen insight on matters at hand.
    4. I honestly have no clue, perhaps, when I feel like it. My limit is my heart, for my heart is law and will is divine intervention as the Apostle of Dixnir.

19. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would not dedicate my life to religion because I'm pretty sure I will encounter other beliefs that will make me doubt my own beliefs, which lead to me interpreting my own beliefs and other beliefs or even renouncing my beliefs.
    I already have the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so no need for any other god. :blob_plusone:
    God of tentacles and pervertedness---I mean God(dess) of Tropes and Prediction.
    If I became a religious zealot, then nothing is too extreme. If I am of sound mind, then anything crossing my moral line is too much. I dedicate as much as I need to.

AliceShiki and fuyuuri like this.
  20. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    :0 tell us more!

AliceShiki likes this.