Spoiler The Long-awaited Mr Han

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kieranfortier, Apr 9, 2019.

1. crunchberry

crunchberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Take some time get over your fever, get some rest and drink plenty of fluids. No rush!

2. Zeinfier

Zeinfier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler

3. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks and take care

4. Lee0405

Lee0405 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the update

5. KazenoTsuyoi

KazenoTsuyoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rest for some time, drink lots of water, and eat some citrus their vitamins helps

6. Hnix21

Hnix21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get better soon, we need your awesome updates, so don’t push yourself.

7. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    boiling in my headdddd

1181-1190

1181 – Truthfully, they both know that Wang Juhuai was famous but had no footing in the domestic industry. There were many things that he could not do, but only to influence a little. And so Lu Man accepted Lu Dongliu’s promise. The official ratings were released and the netizens were lapping it up. As long as Lu Man is involved, box office or ratings were assured. Hey, where are her anti-fans now? How did Liang Chengbing and ‘Friday’ do? 1.3396%. Hah. Didn’t Liang say he won’t join any show Lu Man is in? Hahaha, he wanted to block Lu Man, ended up he got crushed by Wang Juhuai. What else can he do? Liang had seen these comments and laughed coldly. The doors opened and Yan Zhiqing entered. “Director Liang, Teacher Gao,” she greeted. They were at the judges’ room in a hotel for the Feiyue International Film Festival.

1182 – In addition to Liang were Gao Zishan, Dong Qinrong, Cao Jingchen, Zhang Shuidong. Sun Yiwu and Jicheng were judges as well, but they had stepped out for the nomination process due to conflict of interest. They arrived last and were warmly greeted by Yan Zhiqing. They chatted familiarly and made fun of each other: she’s now a Hollywood actress and them being big time directors and she playfully asked for a collaboration in the future. Liang felt snubbed; obviously this Yan Zhiqing did not put him on the same level as Sun Yiwu and Jicheng. Everyone sat down and began to discuss on the shortlist. They began with ‘Best Film’, and since their movies were nominated Sun Yiwu and Jicheng did not participate in the discussion. It went like this until ‘Best Actress’. Liang sneered when he saw Lu Man listed. So what if she had Wang Juhuai, can he interfere with the film festival? “For Best Actress, I disagree about Lu Man,” Liang said, causing Sun Yiwu and Jicheng to be gloomy.

1183 – Yan Zhiqing demanded to know why, as she had seen her performance. Liang: “The role was not prominent enough. ‘Red Tiger’ is an ensemble film, not much emphasis on the individuals but together as a team. Everyone in the film is a protagonist, and so the heroine is not prominent. There are only 5 finalists and there other plenty of other films with a major female role that allowed the actress to fully express their range. I want to give this chance to more worthy actors.” They found his words to be reasonable and so Gao, Dong and Cao agreed. Outnumbered, Yan could not refute it and so Lu Man was removed from the shortlist. Next was ‘Best Supporting Actress’ and Yan pre-empted Liang: “This time you can have no objections. Lu Man played all out as a supporting actress. Her scenes are in proportion to all the other selected actresses and she’s the clear leader among them.” Gao, Dong and Cao all agreed. Only Liang was directly targeting her, these three were being honest and impartial. Yan smiled and gave her own vote, thus achieving the needed numbers. “Wait!” Liang interrupted. “What guidance does Director Liang have?” Yan asked coldly. “I dare not to teach,” Liang sneered, now knowing Yan was deliberately helping Lu Man. What was the reason? Was it because she’s the daughter of Wang Juhuai, was Yan trying to rope him in? Liang wanted to see how much Yan would help Lu Man. “I disagree to Lu Man in ‘Best Supporting Actress’ category,” he said proudly. “Doesn’t matter if you agree or not, it is useless because we have already voted,” Yan reminded him. “Ah, but don’t judges have a one-time veto? I am now using it to remove Lu Man’s nomination,” Liang gloated. Yan did not give him any face and did not fear him.

1184 – Truthfully, few are as frank and blunt as Yan: “Liang Chengbing! You are putting private grudges above public duty! You are plainly just trying cause trouble for Lu Man, right? Hmph, I have never seen such a shameless face. Your argument during the nomination for ‘Best Actress’ was justifiable, but in this case we have all voted and you want to use your veto to kick her out. You simply think that she’s not good enough!” Liang Chengbing’s face turned blue and green at this direct assault: “Yes, I think she’s not qualified to be a finalist. What you feel is your business, she is not up to my standard and so I’m not voting for her. But I can’t bear you voting for her and I can’t accept people whom I think are not good enough.” Yan could not believe how shameless he was: “So you would disqualify someone just because she is not pleasing to you?” She went on to sneer how he was perverting the judging process, when he was not even a top credible director. Liang sat back lazily on his chair. “Since judges were given a veto each, I have the right to exercise it,” he said. This veto was given to each judge to prevent unsavoury situations and Yan was incensed that Liang would subvert it. “I still want to use it, so what?” Liang challenged, daring Yan to raise the stakes. Seeing her being quiet, Liang thought he had won. Sun Yiwu: “I didn’t expect this for the first day. Looks like we can only stop for the day and discuss how to deal with this. If everyone abuses their veto power, how can anything get done, where is the fairness of the competition?”

1185 – Liang was unhappy. “Isn’t that wasting time? We have plenty of categories to settle, who knows how long we would suspend for? Our schedules are tight and time valuable. What if we couldn’t make it in time for the festival?” Jicheng: “Oh, now you’re thinking how important the judging is? It was your own selfish abuse of power and you still have the face to talk about the delay?” Liang slammed the table and shot to his feet: “Where did I abuse my authority? I am just exercising my veto as a judge!” Yan Zhiqing sneered and said she will bring it up with the organizer and Jicheng said he will tell the truth. Liang was unafraid: “All this for Lu Man? You say I am unfair, but you plainly have good relations with her and want to make her a finalist! There are others better than her.” Yan did not back down: “You argued against Lu Man for ‘Best Actress’ and we agreed and removed her. You still say we are unfair?” “Forget it,” Sun Yiwu said and Liang thought Sun’s conscience was pricked enough to give up, only for Sun to say, “Don’t talk anymore nonsense with him. Tell the organizers and let them decide. Zishan, Xiao Dong, Jingchen, what do you think?” Cao Jingchen and Gao Zishan stood up to agree, Gao in particular would rather sacrifice Liang than to offend Sun or Yan. Dong Yirong also agreed seeing how the situation was deadlocked. Alone, Liang could only say to wait for the organizers and left. While in the room he acted powerfully, but the moment he got into the car he humbled himself to make a call to the organizers… Back at the room, Gao reiterated about being fair, but wondered if they should continue or stop for the day. Sun had asked for the organizers to decide quickly, and they may have to work overtime later.

1186 – Gao said it didn’t matter; it would give more time to look at the other entries again in the meantime. This was echoed by Dong and Cao and they left together. Yan Zhiqing, Sun Yiwu and Jcheng went to a discreet café to have a chat. Yan was worried that the organizers might not pull Liang out, they were known to react very slowly and it could drag the judging process out, maybe to the point of the actual festival itself. Besides, Liang has been in the circle for a long time and knew certain people. They might need to plan for eventualities if Liang continued to meddle. Sun Yiwu agreed and found her to be very easy to deal with. He said the three of them still have their vetos and Yan Zhiqing said she was right to have come to them instead of seeking Gao Zishan. Jicheng laughed, surely Yan has a good relationship with Lu Man.

1187 – She told them honestly that she only met Lu Man a few days ago and was introduced to her by her brother Yan Beicheng and Han Zhuoli. Lu Man is Han Zhuoli’s wife and naturally Yan wanted to help her. She had kept up with the domestic news and knew how Sun and Jicheng were close to Lu Man and thus sought them out. She decided to use their vetos to block out Liang’s film completely. Jicheng said that even if it managed to get through, Liang was not good enough to win anyway. In the end, the three would meet the director of the organizing committee directly. As a precaution, Yan gave ML a call. She expressed her frustrations about Liang and apologized. Just because of personal feud, Liang had ruined the rarest of opportunities for Lu Man. Even over the phone, Yan could feel ML’s wrath. “Isn’t there still the ‘Best Newcomer’ award?” he asked.

1188 – “Yes, she must be a finalist,” Yan agreed. She assured ML that she had discussed with Sun and Jicheng to meet the organizers about Liang. ML was pessimistic, the organizers would not want to have negative news so near to the festival and so will retain Liang. He said to leave it to him instead. He ended the call with a cold look on his face. FL was concerned and asked if something happened to his company. “Not my business, but yours,” he said as he took her hand and told her what had happened. FL said that even without Liang, it would be too difficult for her to be best actress. ML then said it was obvious she deserved best supporting actress, but Liang had used his veto selfishly and twisted the rules that were in place to protect fairness to suit his needs. FL calmed him down: “So why are you so angry? I am angry too, but it is alright. I have been so lucky and fortunate. It’s not as if that I had participated in something and so it must be mine. I actually think the other finalists are not bad. I didn’t expect to win, so even if I’m not shortlisted, it doesn’t matter.” ML frowned: “But you still had a chance.” “Maybe, but who knows? I am still young and I still have a long career ahead. I have plenty of time to improve myself. This is just one film festival, and there are many more important awards. I will get them one by one,” FL said with a smile.

1189 – Elsewhere, an ashamed Director Sun of the music school contacted Xia Qingwei. The principal of the school had seen Classic X-Files and wanted to ask if she would return to teach. Whatever conditions she had could be accommodated. The principal was even willing to hire her in name only, as she could be the postergirl for the school by virtue of being Wang Juhuai’s wife. Xia remembered how the principal did not help her but agreed with the mob to drive her away. As the director expected, Xia Qingwei declined, the interview on the show was just to clear up misunderstandings and she had no intentions of going back. The director said she too would reject it if she was in her shoes. She only came because she had been ordered by the principal; she was just making a show of effort. The principal was the sort to avoid problems and responsibility and thus kicked Xia out back then; only to resurface when something good appears. Xia thanked her for understanding. Director Sun was embarrassed but Xia said her gesture back then was more than enough.

1190 – Scarcely had the call ended when Xia received another call, this time from the National Conservatory of Music. Mr. Chen wanted to hire her for their school. Xia Qingwei said she was flattered to be invited by the number 1 music school of the country but said she truly did not have the qualifications. She was clear about her level which was only good enough for teaching children. Chen persuaded her to think about it. Wang asked if it was the Conservatory, and Xia Qingwei smiled: “Thanks to you, I’m famous now too.” She said how her old school also wanted her back. Wang disagreed, saying it was obvious the principal planned to use her. He was more in favor of the Conservatory, saying that it was a good opportunity.

8. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Get some sleep and drink plenty of water.

9. KazenoTsuyoi

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the chapters but...

Rest first, please.

10. Zeinfier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler. Get some medicine or go to hospital.

11. Hnix21

Hnix21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. Get well soon!

12. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    Fever broke. Though I actually thought today was actually tomorrow lol.

1191-1200

1191 – Xia Qingwei said she knew the Conservatory was trying to get to Wang Juhuai by recruiting her. She also declined because she really wasn’t good enough to teach those music students, and secondly not to be a possible burden to her husband since she knows he would go out of his way to accommodate her. She wants him to do as he did before and not to be bogged down by all sorts of concerns. Besides, she liked teaching young children, not full fledged music students. ML then suggested for her to open a studio of her own for a small class. No need to actually to work for one of the schools, and Wang quickly seized on the idea. FL added that once she had decided, it would be better to put out a statement to end the headhunting. Xia agreed and so FL issued a statement on Xia’s weibo, saying she would decline all offers. Meanwhile, the young children of those taught by Xia Qingwei watched the last episode of Classic X-Files via the internet as they were not allowed to stay up to watch the original broadcast.

1192 – Sure enough, they pointed out ‘Teacher Xia’ excitedly to their disbelieving parents. Those parents who watched the show were stunned to see Wang Juhuai with her, and heard the truth of their relationship. Now they were filled with regrets, and their children were more than happy to sigh about the missed opportunity to study under Teacher Xia, the wife of Master Wang Juhuai. Once more the school was visited by parents, now chastened and asking for Xia to return. Director Sun told them that Xia had resigned. Resigned? Why, wasn’t it supposed to be a suspension? Director Sun could barely contain her contempt for them: You were the ones that asked her to quit, have you forgotten? Shamed, the parents asked for her reinstatement, isn’t that simple enough? Director Sun: “Oh, but it’s no longer up to the school to decide.”

1193 – “Before, it was Xia who came to the school to teach. Now she’s the wife of Master Wang, when would it be the school’s turn to invite her? Now she can have her choice of schools, it is up to her to return here or not. We too want her to come back. Frankly, our principal had me ask her. But she had made it clear that she would not return.” Director Sun did not mince her words: “If wasn’t because of that incident, Teacher Xia would have continued teaching here, she would not have resigned even after becoming famous. Maybe she could have even invited Master Wang to give a lesson or two. But Teacher Xia was hurt and slandered. Though the misunderstanding had been cleared, she has rose in station and we’re too small to accommodate her. Sorry, Teacher Xia had been here but she won’t come back. Some things once missed will be forever lost.” The principal appeared at this time and the parents now begged him. Sun reported to him that she did as he asked and had approached Xia to return but she had declined. After all, Xia had been driven out in an ugly manner. The principle said he would look for her personally, only to be told by another teacher that Xia had posted on weibo to decline all offers. Director Sun nodded in understanding: “Teacher Xia had hid her identity just to be a teacher. Now everyone knows her husband is Wang Juhuai, she will feel it’s inappropriate to join any school.” The principle became gloomy. The teacher who saw the Weibo suddenly exclaimed in shock.

1194 – What happened? The President of the National Conservatory of Music had forwarded Xia’s weibo, expressing his regrets for her decision to decline his invitation to teach. So, even the number one music school had been refused, what is their small private music school? The president of the Conservatory had personally invited her, yet this principle had sent Director Sun instead. The parents knew then it was all over. At the same time, ML went to Shengyue. Assistant Zheng and the hotel manager guided him to the room where Liang Chengbing was meeting Director Dong and Mr. Ke of the Feiyue International Film Festival. They were astonished and honored to see CEO Han Zhuoli was visitng them. He apologized for barging in but he had heard the two men were around and wanted to say hello, completely ignoring Liang. Assistant Zheng had timed ML’s arrival so that Liang had just met the two men and not yet able to say anything. ML said he had booked a conference room and asked Mr Ke for a private meeting, leaving Liang seething. Does this Han Zhuoli think he could do anything he wants? If ML knew what he was thinking, he would have answered: Yes, I really can do whatever I want. Mr. Ke was confused because CEO Han was inviting him only. He only came because Director Dong had arranged him to meet Liang. Ke knew how the three judges Yan Zhiqing, Sun Yiwu and Jicheng had reported against Liang and Ke naturally wanted to hear all sides of the story first.

1195 – Ke had actually contacted Gao Zishan, Dong Qingrong and Cao Jingchen for their side of the story, since they had less conflicts of interests which are inevitable in the industry. The organizers tried their best to find impartial people, like Gao who had no films this year. From what Gao had told him, it was obvious that Liang was the problem. Still, Ke needed to find out himself as pulling Liang out would cast an ugly shadow over the festival. The Feiyue International Film Festival is still a fledging event and a scandal would jeopardize its growth and influence. That was why Ke agreed with Director Dong to meet Liang. Now Han Zhuoli appeared, was it also about the festival? Was it because of Yan Zhiqing who is close to the Han family? Ke smiled and agreed to go with CEO Han and ignored the clearly perturbed faces of Director Dong and Liang Chengbing.

1196 – ML could not resist a smirk at Liang. Liang could not understand why CEO Han was so against him, Liang had gone out of his way to be polite during the road closure incident. What had he done to have attracted his hostility? ML brought Mr. Ke to another room where a table for two had already been prepared. Mr Ke was still doubtful about their meeting and ML told him frankly that it was about what he had heard from Yan Zhiqing about the film festival’s judging process. Ke was surprised as CEO Han had never interfered with the festival before. While fidgeting with his wedding ring, ML said he said that while previous years the judges acted within reason, this time it was a bit too much and Liang had abused his veto. Han Corp had a stake in the festival and any bad word of mouth about the judging will also affect the company. Since the Feiyue Festival wanted to build a reputation, it should be fair and open and not sweep things aside because of a rat. He would not allow such a rat to destroy the reputation of Han Corp if the festival’s judging could be affected by the childishness of Liang Chengbing. If they did not take care of Liang or make things clear or if the matter was leaked and exposed, Han Corp would pull out and its films and artists no longer participate.

1197 – Ke was stunned into silence. As most of the films in the festival were domestically made, Han Corp pulling out would be disastrous and turn it into a joke. People would even applaud Han Corp for it once the scandal becomes public. Besides, CEO Han had indicated he wanted to get rid of Liang, failing which he would expose the scandal himself to do so. Ke said he would get rid of Liang if it wouldn’t impact the festival. ML gave him Wei Zilin’s contact to handle the PR fallout and so Ke finally agreed. They exchanged a drink and Ke called Director Dong.

1198 – Ke told Dong that he was going to have lunch with CEO Han and Liang shouldn’t wait for him. Dong said Liang had something important to tell him and Ke’s good mood faded and said he takes the reputation of the film festival very seriously. “You should know what I mean. This is his fault to begin with. Brother Dong, we are good friends and we can speak heart-to-heart. But forget about Liang. Please don’t make it difficult for me.” Director Dong understood. After all, he had done his best for Liang. Liang was flustered but Dong shrugged him off: “You asked me for help and I did. I did get Mr. Ke to come out, but what happened is beyond my control.” Liang could only wait alone until Ke and ML reappeared after having lunch.

1199 – Ke evaded his request for a meeting, saying he knew what he was going to say. Liang persisted, wanting to explain personally but Ke brushed him off and assured him that he knows. Liang thought CEO Han was not there about the judging, and asked if Han Corp bringing a film to the festival. CEO Han coldly told him it was still preliminary and Liang exhaled with relief, thinking that their meeting was nothing about him. Liang made his leave after inviting Ke to dinner sometime. They parted ways but Ke got into his car quickly and did not give Liang a chance to talk, while CEO Han said his goodbyes too leaving Liang feeling something was wrong. ML returned home and greeted FL with a kiss, letting her taste the wine he had drank. He obediently followed her directives to change as she brought him some honeyed water. He told her he had followed her words: drink less, but more soup. He drank the water and FL cupped his face. He asked why she was so happy. “Because of you. How is my husband so good?” They made out when he suddenly said that it would be summer vacation soon. ML took a deep breath and said they can then start preparing for a child as planned, and she quickly sobered up. She had been waiting eagerly, he was not young and his family was anxious. “Or… do we start preparing now?” she teased. He said it would be a serious matter and they should prepare everything properly. And he still wanted to enjoy the newly married life still, for things would change once a child was born. He too wants a child who would love him and Lu Man. He felt a child born from him and Lu Man would definitely be cute and take after them.

1200 – It would be romantic to see one’s child and see the resemblance with him and Lu Man. Later, FL drew circles on his chest using her finger, asking if he would really wait until the summer vacation since she had to study and prepare for lots of homework. She had calculated the timing and once they hit their peak conditions, they could welcome a child in the spring when it’s not too hot or too cold, and stay at home during the winter. Principle Liu would be very understanding, of course. And people no longer look strangely at students with such circumstances. He agreed… though privately he wanted her to recover from childbirth as soon as possible. And throw the brat to his grandma, since she’s only responsible for playing with children. The next day, Sun Yiwu was informed by Ke that yes, Liang Chengbing was not suitable to be a judge and has been removed. He will be replaced by Director Chen Zilong and they can continue the judging process that very day. Sun Yiwu then called the other judges to meet up. At the same time, the film festival issued an official statement, stating that due to some regrettable reasons, Liang Chengbing had been removed and replaced by Chen Zilong. Liang was still in the dark about this, he was still preparing to go to the judging room to continue his work.

13. Zeinfier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers :)

14. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!!! Glad your fever went away.

15. KazenoTsuyoi

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad the fevers gone but still rest and don’t forget to dehydrate

16. Hnix21

Hnix21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad your fever is down, keep getting better. Thank you for the updates

17. Nese

Nese Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for update and keep taking care of yourself

18. Veedah

Veedah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the update and keep getting better

19. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    A new week. Donations welcome~

1201-1210

1201 – Liang was still gloating how the three complaining judges had failed to dislodge him. But just before he left his house, he received a call from Ke who politely informed him of his removal. Liang was stunned and furious, threatening to issue his own statement. Ke said he was actually going to tell him yesterday but CEO Han was there and Ke wanted to leave Liang with some face. Ke: “It was true that you had indeed abused your authority as a judge. In case something happened, the credibility of the festival would be ruined and I cannot let the entire festival be ruined by you alone. Oh, you want me to believe you? But I have already checked things out, are you still denying it?” Liang insisted that it would be fine if the judges did not speak about it as they too do not wish the festival to fail. Because the judging was done as a team, if something happened to him, they too would be implicated. He blatantly admitted his wrong doing but said: “If they are smart, they won’t expose this as it would do them no good either.” Ke wanted to laugh, glad that that he had followed CEO Han’s advice to kick Liang out; otherwise his shamelessness would only cause more harmful scandals to the festival. Obviously, abusing his veto was only the start and knows that Liang had no respect for him. Ke: “Even if other judges have their own interests, they know to conceal it and keep it private. But have you forgotten about Lu Man the direct victim? She lost the best supporting actress nomination because of you. Knowing her, she would never take this lying down. Have you forgotten what she had done in the past? Others may keep quiet, but Lu Man won’t be silent. Therefore, we can only revoke your qualification as a judge.”

1202 – Liang grew angry and asked if the big festival was so afraid of a small Lu Man. “Yes, we are really afraid of her. She does not need to fight against our festival; she can just question our credibility,” Ke admitted directly. “Liang, our official statement did not give the reasons for your removal, only because of scheduling conflict. This is to give you some face. If you insist to make things worse, then we will release the real cause.” What else can Liang say? He slammed the phone indignantly. That day, the judging process resumed with Chen Zilong. When FL saw Liang’s withdrawal, she knew it was because of ML. He only said: “Han Corp also has some investment in the film festival.” Lu Man was speechless, was there anything in the entertainment world that Han Corp wasn’t involved in? ML actually gave it a thought: “Seems no.” They went to the Han family home to visit grandma. She immediately gave Lu Man a thumbs up and praised the beautiful performance by ‘Xiao Wang’ (Wang Juhuai). She was very glad to see ho happy Wang was with Xia Qingwei. She had not called on them to visit because she knew they were still in the ‘honeymoon’ period. Lu Man said that it was true that mom and dad were living day to day happily without a word in anger. Grandpa Han picked up on her words and asked if she had officially recognized Wang as father. She confirmed it, saying how she had been fearful but Wang wanted to close the gap between them. He treated her as his real daughter and she was completely willing to call him father.

1203 – Grandma sighed, saying everything turned out well. FL had a true family now, an unequaled man as a father and a good woman as mother. Then Lin Liye and Xia Yixin arrived with Han Linkai. Xia Yixin was a little surprised to see ML and FL. Grandma playfully teased her grandson and Lu Man noticed the gift her mother gave the child was not on him. Lu Man did not care anyway, but Xia Yixin suddenly said she did not expect them to be together everywhere. Her mother-in-law Lin Liye found her words to be strange: “They are newly-weds, of course they would be together.” “I meant it’s Sunday but Zhuoling is still busy working. Everyday he leaves early and returns late. Is Zhuoli so free?” Xia Yixin asked hesitantly. Xia Yixin had heard how sticky ML was with FL to the point of taking a flight just to see FL, while Zhuoling seemed to be buried with work and was never around to accompany her. ML stonily said that FL never asked for him to be with her, she only wanted him to have more rest. She is so considerate of me, of course I would want to be with her. Xia Yixin laughed but knew ML was mocking her, meaning she was not considerate for Zhuoling. Even the good-natured Lin Liye became unhappy and admonished, “Don’t speak if you have nothing nice to say. If you are unhappy because Zhuoling is too busy to accompany you, tell him at home. Even if you pick a fight with him, I won’t side with him, don’t take out your anger on Lu Man here!” Xia Yixin bowed her head, but remained resentful. FL felt it was strange: “Is big brother not going back to Europe?” Grandma: “I’m not letting him go back. We’re already so old, who knows how long more we can accompany our children. The European side of the business doesn’t need his personal attention, so he can stay here and mingle more with the family. Don’t let him be all about work.” FL nodded and her eyes fell on Han Linkai who was in Xia Yixin’s arms. The child was playing with her mother’s hair and FL noticed that he did not have earlobes. She looked at ML, Lin Liye and the two elders. It seemed that the Han family has earlobes, and Lin Liye did not. Perhaps Han Linkai took after her.

1204 – Because Xia Yixin’s attitude made everyone uncomfortable, Lin Liye soon left with her. Grandma whispered for her not to bring Xia Yixin next time and Lin agreed, how could Xia Yixin complain about her busy husband to others? Xia Yixin had no idea how busy Han Zhuoli was, he did not always have the time to accompany Lu Man. The day was ruined and eventually ML and FL left after having lunch. They decided to have a date at theme park, because FL had never been there and she could not imagine him to have gone to one before. In the car, FL could not shake off the strange feeling. She asked if Han Zhuoling had earlobes and ML confirmed that the Han family had it. Knowing that she was ill at ease, he asked her what was wrong. FL could not explain it but she had noticed Han Linkai had no earlobes. But she saw Xia Yixin had it, and Zhuoling had it too. Maybe she’s just thinking too much about it; maybe Han Linkai followed Lin Liye who did not have it. ML turned grim and said ALL the Han family members had it. There were no exceptions. Even if the mothers did not have it, the children of the Han family have it. FL was flustered, wondering if it was better for her to have kept quiet. Who knows if her suspicion would hurt the child?

1205 – “That might not be the case, please don’t take my words to heart,” FL stammered as she held his hand. ML assured her that he won’t jump to conclusions. “But since there is doubt, I have to check it thoroughly and be relieved. It would be the best if it was just a misunderstanding. But if... My Han family would not stand for this insult, my brother should not suffer it.” Since he had decided, FL couldn’t say anything else as it was a private family affair. They wanted to resume their date but suddenly Wang Juhuai called FL for help. “I… ah, I seem to have made your mom angry? Are you free to come back and help me?” Wang Juhuai pleaded pitifully. FL quickly agreed, only to hear a furious Xia Qingwei in the background: “What’s the use of you calling Lu Man! It would be useless even if she comes back!” She snatched the phone away from Wang: “Lu Man, you’re not allowed to come back. This is between me and your dad, don’t worry about it.” FL asked what the hell was going on but she refused to answer. Just before the call ended, FL could hear her mother in the background continuing to berate Wang, saying Lu Man won’t side with him anyway. FL could only tell ML that their date had to be postponed because her parents were fighting.

1206 – ML laughed and they changed direction back to home. The moment they entered the house they could hear Xia Qingwei accusing Wang of lying to her. FL was stunned; the last time her mother got so furious was when Lu Qiyuan was going to harm FL. “No, I am just worried about your body,” Wang said placatingly. “I know well about my own body!” Xia Qingwei retorted. No matter how angry she got, Wang took it all calmly, it was like punching cotton. Wang said he thought it would be risky. Xia: “What risks? We have been to the hospital to check, the doctor said everything was fine. Besides, I’m not angry about this. I am angry that you have broken your promise and lied to me! Wang Juhuai! You promised never to lie to me! If you didn’t want to, then don’t make promises you can’t keep!” FL couldn’t make head or tails of it and went inside much to the relief of Wang. He even ran to hide behind her, causing ML to be speechless. “You would hide behind the little girl!” Xia Qingwei snorted, causing FL to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. “Didn’t I tell you not to come?” her mother groused, whereupon FL said she was worried because they were so loud. Meanwhile, ML slowly maneuvered so that he was the one behind FL, and squeezed Wang out and away.

1207 – Wang gave him a look but ML paid him no attention. In the past he was respectful, now he’s an irritating son-in-law. FL noticed their interaction and turned her attention back to Xia. “Mom, what the hell is going on?” FL demanded. Seeing Xia was about to burst again, Wang tried to calm her down, telling her not ruin her body. “When you ran to have a vasectomy, you didn’t think about ruining me!” Xia Qingwei dropped a bombshell. FL and ML were stunned, but Xia Qingwei said she had fortunately discovered his plans and managed to stop him. FL stared at Wang, agreeing that her mom was right to be angry. She was angry. “I want a child. Your father has been alone all this while, while I had you. He never had a child of his own, and I want to have one with him,” Xia Qingwei sighed. “That’s good,” FL approved. Wang was not really surprised, in his heart he knew Lu Man would agree to it. “See! I already told you Lu Man would definitely support it!” Xia Qingwei said. Wang Juhuai explained about how he was worried since Xia would be an older mother. She had been in poor health previously. They say there would be dangers during pregnancy. Even if it was safe, what about the childbirth? What if it affects her body afterwards, what should I do then? I returned to reunite with Xia and spend more time with her, not for her to risk her life to have a child and shorten their time together.

1208 – Wang insisted that even a 1% risk was like 100% to him, to have a long life with her was more important than having a child. Xia Qingwei was not mollified: they had previously agreed that after a thorough examination and if all was well, they would give it a try. Let nature take its course due to their age. The medical result showed that Xia Qingwei was perfect fine and well, the doctor even said with care it was possible to have children. For two days, Wang had hid himself. Xia only knew and found him after the hospital called her up as the hospital procedure required her consent for his vasectomy. Lu Man was speechless, partly because the extent Wang would go to ensure Xia’s safety. She then said that she would be happy if they had a child, yes, they might be too old to see her brother or sister marry and have a child of its own. But they can be assured that Lu Man would be around to take care of him/her. She sincerely hopes for them to have a child and inherit their musical talents. “You hear that!” Xia Qingwei said triumphantly. Lu Man also spoke in defense of Wang, they really do care about her health and nothing is 100% safe, there is always some risk.

1209 – She can’t interfere in their decision, only that she does not mind more brothers and sisters and very much looked forward to them. But she also agreed with Wang’s worries, and so Xia should not blame him too much. Only a few men would dare to do what he did to prevent hurting his wife. Xia knew but was angry because a vasectomy was irreversible, and he did not even discuss it with her. Wang admitted his fault and Xia had him promise not to do it at all. Then she became solemn and asked: “Wang Juhuai, in front of Manman and Zhuoli, can you honestly tell if you want a child?” Wang: “If there is one, I will be very happy. I won’t be disappointed if there isn’t, Lu Man is my daughter.” Xia smiled knowingly at Wang’s admission. ML then asked which hospital they went; Xia said it was one of the top three government hospital. ML said he would contact Chu Zhaoyang and arrange for a specialist to examine and make a plan to minimize the risks. The parents agreed, and once more Xia admonished Wang, saying that he shouldn’t make such a decision that would harm himself. She too wanted to be with him for a long time and knew better than to take great risks. ML then contacted Chu who quickly made the appointment. Xia was a little chastened, embarrassed that a middle-aged couple like them were still talking about having children.

1210 – ML brushed it off, saying it was normal. FL added that they themselves were discussing children previously and if things go well, both grandson and child would be born in the same year. ML chuckled, saying that this was even more so for the case for Yan Huai’an and Yan Beicheng. Yan Huai’an is only 10 years older than Yan Beicheng, and his son Yan Ningbai who was still an elementary school student was the ‘uncle’ of ML group of friends. The next day Wang and Xia went to Chu’s hospital for a checkup, two days later a report confirmed that she was fine and normal. A team of specialists and consultants helped to plan and guide Xia. Meanwhile, ML was in office, unable to forget about his suspicions about Han Linkai. The obvious way was a DNA test but it needs to be handled delicately. He summoned Han Zhuofeng to his office; this did not arouse suspicion because it’s a common occurrence. ML’s face was so serious that Zhuofeng that he was in trouble. Before ML even opened his mouth, Zhuofeng was already defending himself. “It’s not about you, you haven’t done anything wrong. What are you feeling guilty about?” ML asked. “Of course I don’t feel guilty! I’ve done nothing wrong, what do I have to be guilty about?” Zhuofeng said with relief. ML was afraid that Zhuofeng would be provoked and confront Xia Yixin directly, and so he first ensured that Zhuofeng would keep his mouth shut.

20. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!