[Poll] How much would you pay to NOT eat algae paste?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 9, 2019.

Tags:
?

How much would you be willing to spend on a restaurant meal in this setting?

1. 1x monthly minimum wage or more

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. 2x weekly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. 1x weekly minimum wage (5 days)

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. 3x daily minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2x daily minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 1x daily minimum wage (8 hours)

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. 6x hourly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. 4x hourly minimum wage

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. 3x hourly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. 2x hourly minimum wage

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  11. 1.5x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 1x hourly minimum wage

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  13. 0.75x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. 0.5x hourly minimum wage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  15. 0.25x hourly minimum wage or less

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  16. I'm unsure

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  17. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  18. I would eat algae paste for every meal

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, china nor Russia were actually communist, they were Stalinist. Effectively they claimed it was a temporary period until they transition to true communism (which obviously never happens).

True communism wouldn't have ration tickets.

2. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, I meant algae (minus lichen, which is a symbiont). It may depend on the species, though, and maybe processing it in any way (like cooking it, since the place I got my info seemed to stress "raw" algae) allows for a raise in their nutritional value.

I have just gone to check, it and it seems like it's mainly nori, though other algae also suffer from it to a lesser extent (agar would be also included). The microbe in question would be Bacteroides plebeius, which due to some weird cross-species breeding has gained the ability to create enzymes that digest the normally indigestible main components of nori's cell wall (which is also present in large quantities in some red algae), as well as agar-agar. So, basically, the nutrition ratio of algae in general varies slightly depending on your bacterial flora (which is enough to unbalance an otherwise balanced diet, specially if it's the only nutrition source), and that imbalance shoots up if you use nori or a group of red algae.

3. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to people researching tasty and healthy food substitutions? I know there's a veggie hotdog(or burger) that tastes just like an actual meat food. This dystopian future doesn't look like it would last long.

1. How much would you be willing to spend on a meal at a restaurant to avoid eating algae paste? How many times a week would you try eating out?

Work conditions are not great, so I would only spend at most half of minimum hourly wages for food, and only twice a week.
    2. If you were super rich, how many meals a week would you eat algae paste by choice (remember that it's super healthy for you)?
    I assume technology has advanced enough to make other foods healthy, so I would choose to eat tasty and healthy foods over algae paste.
    3. Nutrition or taste? Which do you pick?
    Taste. :cookie:
    4. How would you feel if the government had 100% control over your diet and replaced it with a regimen that is highly nutritious and could extend your lifespan by 20 years?
    Highly suspicious. Does my food contain nanomachines to monitor my actions or something else like a kill switch when or if I revolt over conflicting governmental policies?

4. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, well, there were some studies that caloric restriction can be good for people’s health (particularly in countries with major obesity issues).

If you have a cage of mice where they can eat as much as they want....

And compare this to a cage of mice restricted to a certain number of calories a day...

The mice on the diet live longer.

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever seen a child movie about chocolate ban? I'd do the same as them and go for war, for the delicious food!!!

6. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't have to pay me anything, humans!