[Poll] Is the grass greener on the other side?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 9, 2019.

Tags:
?

What is the likelihood you would be happier in your new body?

1. 100% - A bodyswap would always make me happier

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. 99%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 95%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 90%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 80%

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. 66%

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. 50%

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. 33%

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. 20%

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. 10%

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  11. 5%

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  12. 1%

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  13. 0% - I would never be happier due to a bodyswap

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  14. I’m unsure

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  15. I do not wish to answer

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :sushi_sleeping::sushi_sleeping::sushi_sleeping: Sleepy poll!

The Magical Girl of Sleepy Fluffs was asked by her boss to carry out a body swap between two humans, but she fell asleep when the instructions were given. Consequently, she forgot which two people she was supposed to switch.

Adamant on carrying out her task regardless, she decided to swap the first person she encountered — you.

Your body will be suddenly swapped with one other perfectly random living person on Earth who is the same age as you.

The body exchange is permanent. You gain access to all the memories of the body you swap into, so things like language/skills/names are no issue.

The body swap is perfectly symmetrical, so another person will end up in your old body.

1. What is the likelihood you will be happier in your new body than your old one?

2. If you were asked to undergo this body swap voluntarily, would you agree?

3. How would you approach your new life in this situation? What kind of situations would be most troublesome to you?

4. Would you try to contact your old family/friends or your body swap counterpart?

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not so unhappy with my body/circumstances that I wanna gamble. Also, I'm terrified of the possibility of a genderswap.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  3. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Depends on the body. If i'm starving in Africa then I'll be unhappy.
    2. Nope. I would never voluntarily agree to swapping randomly on this planet. If you put me in another body on a Sword and Magic world, I'd probably accept.
    3. Probably be annoyed at first and look for a way to get back into my body. Troublesome situations would be if the body I'm in has a completely different personality and I've now got to impersonate it, plus, what if I'm now disabled or gender-swapped.
    4. Yeah, I'd contact the 'me' counterpart and see what they feel. Try to find a way back together or something.

fuyuuri likes this.
  4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    There are definitely things about my body that would tempt me to swap... but who knows if the body I swap to would be healthy, financially stable, or even the same gender and orientation as me? It seems too risky, even thought the temptation is there...

felidormit, nightcore34 and fuyuuri like this.
  5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    1. What is the likelihood you will be happier in your new body than your old one?
    More info is needed to answer this question like what if the new body is ill
    No, I don't think I will
    3. How would you approach your new life in this situation? What kind of situations would be most troublesome to you?
    Lacks info, can't say
    4. Would you try to contact your old family/friends or your body swap counterpart?
    Maybe, doubt that would result in anything good tho

6. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    If it wasn’t possible to swap back, are you saying you would work together or live together?

7. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Less than 1% I'd say. There's a very small chance I'd end up in a better situation than how I currently live.

Not a chance.

Pretty much all of it would be terrible. Suddenly have a different social circle, having someone else on the planet who can reap all of my investments. I suppose the only advantage would come if I kept my knowledge when I swapped, thus potentially doubling my skill base instantly.

I'd in all honesty try to go back OT my original position. I would probably have to destroy the other person in this though since they would have all my passwords.

fuyuuri and otaku31 like this.
  8. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    The question is probabilistic in nature.

If you experienced 1000 bodyswaps with perfectly random people across Earth, how many would you be happier in those new shoes?

If the answer was 10 out of 1000, then it’s 1%

9. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno. That would depend on how I feel at that time. But most likely I'd live my new life as long as it isn't an extremely shitty one without the counterpart.

10. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I voted 0%, but it's probably closer to .001%
    Most of the people in the world are older, unhealthier, and live in more dangerous areas than me.

Nope

Probably the incongruity of body and mind? I don't think you can so easily separate the two. I've heard of organ transplants sometimes also transplanting some of the donor's personality, especially when it comes to important organs like the heart. I've imagine having the same consciousness as before and having memories of before, but having the wants and desires of the new body. Imagine waking up in a new body that screams when you don't get your cocaine fix.

I'd write a letter to the body swap counterpart I suppose. We'd be two of a kind in the world literally. I'm sure we'll eventually get along. Then we can literally share lives.

AliceShiki, nightcore34 and otaku31 like this.
  11. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, what grass? it seems that every god drops your ass in a forest.

nightcore34 and fuyuuri like this.
  12. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    I sort of imagine you as the kind of person who would change all the passwords and recovery questions on allllll your accounts (both bodies) as soon as you swapped.

:blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

13. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the situations where I would be the first one she would encounter... very unlikely. Unless it happened for her in the middle of the day and she just exited after that.

14. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    For myself I picked 20% - although I sort of struggled over this.

I think the key word “happier” makes this challenging.

I think I could find happiness in all sorts of situations, but making it a comparison makes it funky.

I’m not really in the habit of comparing happiness.

For instance, am I happier or is my cousin happier? These are really strange questions.

All said and done, I picked 20% because I think it’s a fair number. Like if I transmigrated to another world, there’s a certain probability I would never want to come back to Earth. I think this is true of other bodies too, at least for me.

AMissingLinguist and iampsyx like this.
  15. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1-2.I guss better not the other person would have my life that maybe not be perfect but as nightcor34 said the chance to get into a 3rd world is way higher even with my skills i doubt i could live a way better... the next thing who knows what the other guy do with my body?
    Not in this world and no swap if a reincarnation as my next best chance why not but knowing that some imposter do something with my family is a mindf***.
    3.Most trobelsome beeing in a sick body, prison,divorce, without much money to get some certification etc.
    We would still have our memory so there should be some skills+the skills of the "new body"

4.Yeah i bet we would end up in a "doppelgänger" case so one of us would have to die. Why? Even if i got his/her memory and he/she got mine i doubt that i could trust that person so much that i would leave my family with a potencial "bomb" inside.

16. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    It all depends on a few things. Gender, age, finances, job, relationships and my previous commitments. Need more data.
    But I’ll go with 30%.

17. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought about this again, and I feel like maybe it wouldn't be the best thing to destroy your relationship with your counterpart immediately.

I think your counterpart is likely to be the person to who you are closest to in the world (in the sense that you have each other's memories). Consequently, the bond is kind of that of soulmates -- it's a very unique kind of connection.

II think for me, if you're able to cultivate a favorable relationship with your counterpart -- even going out of your way to help them out, that is much better.

18. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm...unless I get younger, I don’t think it would bring me any happiness? Or maybe taller? I guess it all depends on the probability of getting a “better” body...though I don’t know how to calculate that now...
    No, unless there’s a hidden motive for it...IDK maybe like “this was your real body!!! Your soul reincarnated in the wrong one!!” kinda of plot?
    I might be too sleepy for this thread...(p_-)*rubs eyes* I would try to stay positive since I would have all the memories of that body. It would be probably worse to be throw in this situation randomly, not knowing where you are. But at the same time, I would also worry if I think the other person I traded with had a better life than mine but didn’t like it. It would be very troublesome if I had any illness or if I was all by myself since I grew up healthily and surrounded by a big family. Hmm, my grandma said the most important thing is to be healthy, yup yup.
    I would try to contact this body’s “owner” and come to terms with it before trying to contact my “former” family and all. I don’t want them to worry...if my counterpart sincerely treats them well, I would be happy. Well, we would be living in the magical girl universe where this crazy situation would be on the headlines all the time so maybe they might not be so surprised? Though this reminds me of a weird convo I had with my husband once when I asked him “What would happen if I suddenly became a man?” and he said he would dump me immediately LOL smh... it was ok because my bffs said they would date me instead. Hunf! But I wonder what would happen now if my personality changed... I must ask him later!!!
    (well...that time he thought I was a bit too crazy...let’s think of ways to ask this indirectly...)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    AMissingLinguist and fuyuuri like this.
  19. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    yuri is the answer

20. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    given simple statistics, this is HIGHLY likely.:cry:

nightcore34 likes this.