Discussion Thoughts on Blizzard lapping up the jizz from their chinese overlords?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro, you are dealing with China here

The biggest country that creates the biggest walls (Great wall and great firewall).
    Btw, isn't this political topic? anyone locking this thing yet?

Nightow1 likes this.
  2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    shh! just let it happen
    don't resist, let the political fill you up

Nightow1 likes this.
  3. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's a company, they care about profits, they don't give a damn about human rights and stuff, they "care" only if it brings more money... Chinese investors have A LOT of money, and you should never talk about Hong Kong and Taiwan if you want a piece of the pie. Hong Kong freedom? Taiwan independence? Don't make me laugh

4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't wanna watch youtube commentaries. Summarize it in 400 words or less.

AliceShiki, Westeller and anon like this.
  5. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Those casters did nothing wrong at all yet blizzard threw them under the bus to appease the state, stop making crap excuses for their blatant greed you apologist penguin.

If someone came out in support of the chinese government you can be sure as hell that blizzard would have not done a thing.

6. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, it's both understandable that he would support his people, but it's also understandable that blizzard doesn't want to anger China.

But honestly, if they didn't want to make it such a huge topic, they probably should've tried to handle it differently. Maybe just send someone to inform Blitzchung about the article and advise him to avoid causing problems. Then if he disregards the advice, or makes a public notice about the advice given to him, THEN punishing him seems fairer.

This way they did it both solves it quicker, but makes a bigger public notice it.
    From what I heard, those casters had heard him already say it, then told him to say it in chinese while they ducked under the table.

7. dezzter

dezzter The one who knows

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the topic is similar, everybody forgot Tibet, free Tibet!

Nightow1 and StuffedDuck like this.
  8. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    Did i say i support Blizzard Greed?
    i support Blizzard action of banning people in violation of the competition that all

so throwing random uninvolved people under the bus will appease the state?
    don't seems random thou if the caster encourage him to say it while they ducked under table

maybe, maybe not
    you do not know what will happen in an event that has not happen.

9. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    Champion of hearthstone tournament supports hong kong protest on livestream, Blizzard panics and whips the champions ass by banning him for a year and confiscating his prize money. Also the two casters also got sent to the gulag by blizzard.

Later that same day in a private room, blizzard kneeled before the chinese state begging for forgiveness before later giving it a delicate blowjob.

Can you tell me with a straight face in 100% confidence that blizzard would have banned him and taken away his prize money if he came out in support of china instead of hong kong hmm?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
  10. Lord Luc

Lord Luc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My problem is with the fact that China blames Blizzard for this. Does Blizschung's views represent Blizzard's views? Obviously not. China is basically trying to get Blizzard to censor stuff for them so they don't have to bother...

11. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It went something like this

12. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms.

"brings you public disrepute" - mean 1. the state of being held in low esteem - most western people see him as exceptional individual so it does not really apply at most we can conside that he is polarizing

offends a portion or group of the public - unless you consider the chinese goverment part of the public it isn't also this reason for the ban

damages Blizzard image - now this is the reason it did damage the image on blizzard with the chinese goverment, but they themself dealt a big blow on themself with the western market

and now the crux of that rule: in Blizzard’s sole discretion - meaning we own the game, so play by our rules, this is no diferent from a judge, juri and executioner scenario

Mount Tai Unleashed likes this.
  13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Freedom of speech does not make a person free from the responsibility of what they said. Freedom of expression is the same. If you are a black man and I call you "dumb nigger", I'm not free from responsibility. It is uncalled for and if you take offense, you have the right to seek reparations from me, whether it be financially or an apology.

When he joined the tournament, he signed a Terms & Condition. Depending on the Terms & Condition that he agreed on, Blizzard did nothing wrong.

Your second paragraph is surely nothing more than a lie. Since Blizzard is a company and not a person. China is also a country and not a person. So neither side can offer nor receive a blowjob.

14. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel it's figurative, but if you feel cheated I understand.

15. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it will be case in international sports competitions like in a football matches between countries, not only he will be banned but the whole team received technical defeat with 0-3 score and could be the case with point deduction by FIFA. Because by rules all political manifests are banned by it. It covers even fans at the stadium. If cybersport cant' make rules that can't take politics out of sport competition it is their fault.

AliceShiki and Westeller like this.
  16. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm maybe maybe not, you doesn't know that either with 100% certainty,
    in the event he support china i think when he go home Hong Kong will 'fix him'.

17. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No politics on the forums.

Regardless of the morality of this player's political stance, he used Blizzard as a public platform to advocate his political views. That he was removed from said platform is an extremely obvious result. I understand that many people will consider Blizzard's actions to be politically or financially motivated, but, honestly, I think this is exactly what anyone should have expected to have happened.

And I think he should be okay with that. $10,000 and a temporary ban was the cost he paid to say his piece on a major platform and start a massive controversy. He got what he wanted and has to accept the consequences. That's all.

18. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    recently Blizzard banned a Hong Kong Hearthstone pro player Blitzchung and 2 caster for supporting the Hong Kong protest(altho the casters were not directly involved)....Blizzard's response in the West was this......
    EGVTuRlXkAA0ovF.png
    their response in the Chinese Social media was this(translated for Ching Chong)......
    EGcLL8VX0AA7jAs.png
    both Democrat and Republican senators are angry on Murican companies bootlicking the All Father Xi.....

19. Tiken

Tiken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Activision is Blizzard's grandfather.

0000000 and Sabruness like this.
  20. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only time when corporations can talk about politics is when they are milking money out of it.

You shouldn't be surprised by all of these greedy bastards. If it was possible they would put loot boxes into news...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.