Spoiler Nihonkoku Shoukan (WN) Spoilers

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Baron Carpi, Mar 3, 2019.

1. masa8224

masa8224 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japan might run into logistic problem soon at this rate. they use a lot of high-tech weapons in past battle. that's gonna required a capable industries to fill the gap and a lot of raw materials.
    Establishing ammunition factory outside japan gonna be a problem since they have the technology outflow prevention in place.
    Mu can be the help with the low-tech munition i.e. artillery shell, rifle cartridge. but the high-tech i.e. missiles, Japan gonna have to deal with those themselves.

2. masa8224

masa8224 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They can use the SM-3 like that in this world since the US is a big supplier of those missile. but in the new world, Japan is pretty much on their own. they better conserve those high-tech munitions.

lostross likes this.
  3. nikomaru

nikomaru 「Will of the Newtype」「NullPointerException」

Reading List:
    Link
    upgrading Mu's standard up to Valcu's standard is the best option then

4. sumantri_eko

sumantri_eko Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Raytheon has branch in Japan. I'm sure they can figure it out somehow. Since japan is biggest US ally, even the company like Lockheed Martin or Boeing also has branch in Japan. They can ask for support to collaborate with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

5. streakingzero

streakingzero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with incorporating magic into the military tech is, unless there will be Japanese born with magic, or the Japanese suddenly able to use them, they will be reliant on outside forces.
    Also, iirc, we still havent been shown how exactly magic in that world works. we know there are magic cannon, but we dont know how exactly those cannon get supplied/charged. is it by magician or something like mana crystal/stone? If its the latter Japan might be able to import them or something, but if it is the former, that will make it harder for japan to utilize magic for military purposes.

IronMace771990 likes this.
  6. IronMace771990

IronMace771990 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...and why use magic when you kick their sorry asses by the means of science and mechanical technology? It's good to study magic, especially the anti-gravity and other SF stuff, then make mechanical and scientific equivalents of those. I bet Ravernal Empire doesn't know about science. That might be their downfall. They think that magic is the only key for dominance, then they're wrong.

lostross likes this.
  7. IronMace771990

Reading List:
    Link
    Something just struck in my mind: Can depleted uranium rounds pierce a WW2 battleship armor?

8. sumantri_eko

Reading List:
    Link
    The question is, how much kinetic energy from MK45 gun? Since there are no sabot round for those 5 inch gun. Unless you had BAE System or General Dynamic Railgun, those armor wouldn't be pierced.

9. sumantri_eko

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, for current Japan, unless the citizen born with magic, this cannot be achieved. But in some chapter, there is a magic stone mine from that young Queen country. I think this is work like a battery. By incorporated it, I think those result can be achieved. But, maybe, if Japan stay in this world, in the future they're also could incorporate magic with science. Maybe like Mahouka Koukou no Rettosei?

10. masa8224

masa8224 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be interesting if Japan tuen into MKnR's Japan. and they produced some strategic-class magicians. they could beat Raneval Empire serveral time. with modern magic fused with advance science. Material Burst is pretty OP. literally devastating strike any target anywhere.

11. IronMace771990

Reading List:
    Link
    Imo, I don't think magic would be implemented in the Japanese Armed Forces on time (considering the timeline of the Ravernal Empire's return is as early as 4 years to the maximum of 25 years). Japan might get the mechanical equivalents of the Ravernal Empire's technology on time, but magic? Not so much. Also, it's good to have the showdown of Ravernal Empire (pure magic) versus Japan (pure science and mechanical technology) on their expertise, and Japan wins using pure science and mechanical technology.

12. IronMace771990

Reading List:
    Link
    The finished wn chapter 104 (Imperial Earthquake 1) for NHS (WN) for ncode. The GVE Crown Prince Gra Cabal was captured and ready for transfer to Japan for medical treatment and a 'tour and education session', the plan of the GVE mainland to launch an invasion fleet if Japan refuses to hand over Gra Cabal and the incoming talks between Japan and GVE

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6408bv/

13. masa8224

masa8224 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, after 50+ days of nothingness.

14. IronMace771990

Reading List:
    Link
    But still no update on author's blog at mokotyama

15. IronMace771990

Reading List:
    Link
    But there is an interesting addition to the info regarding the New World War on NHS Fandom

"In order to protect the capital from naval bombardments, JSDF deployed Type 12 Surface-to-ship missiles around the coast line of Tokyo to defend the city and vanquish the Great Fleet"

Where the hell did the editor get the info?

https://nihonkoku-shoukan.fandom.com/wiki/New_World_War

16. masa8224

masa8224 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [citation needed]

17. nikomaru

nikomaru 「Will of the Newtype」「NullPointerException」

Reading List:
    Link
    i just realized that there is no sea mine in this novel

18. Minh2001

Minh2001 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw Episode 5 of High School Fleet, there is a fight scene between battleships and modern destroyers.
    I suddenly thought, would such a battle happen in vol6 of NHS? Like ... the author wants the plot to be more dramatic?

19. masa8224

masa8224 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Musashi got taken over by the GMO mice. they emit strong EM field that can jam any guided weapons. so those missiles and torpedoes are totally useless. I don't think GVE possessed such technology yet. So, I think it would play out like the manga 'Zipang' where JMSDF Aegis destroyer got send into WWII. there's a battle between that ship and American taskforce.

IronMace771990 likes this.
  20. IronMace771990

Reading List:
    Link
    GVE's tech level is early WW2, so they don't have any missile jamming capabilities. I'm expecting that since the range of Japanese destroyers used in WW2 is not far, the JMSDF destroyers would probably gonna use the Mk. 45 naval gun to destroy the 828 GVE destroyers while reserving the SSMs for the capital ships.