Discussion Thoughts on Blizzard lapping up the jizz from their chinese overlords?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which makes them more money, one hearth stone player or the entire nation. Company's will do what makes them more money so not shocking and such, doesn't really bother me since I couldn't care less but that's just me :blob_coffee::blob_coffee::blob_coffee:

otaku31 and Zethiro like this.
  2. Xigua

Xigua Unknown member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind me, I'm just here before the thread closes.

3. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw this yesterday and was outraged. The blizzard subreddit was also closed, a popular official hearthstone caster has quit in protest and an aussie game studio has stumped up and said they'd repay Blitzchung's lost prize money.

ActiBlizz has really put their foot in it this time with all the negative publicity. Then again, all they care about is money. They, like many companies, think they can make money on being woke but when it comes time to actually do something good they kowtow and shout "hail emperor Xi!"

4. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, blizzard could care less about their customers. They have pulled some pretty stupid shenanigans on them and pretty much ignore complaints. They would much rather stay on China's good side than care about the PR involved with screwing a player over a political comment. The fun part is noticing just how arbitrarily they can ban someone and strip them of earnings and prizes. They can make up any reason they choose to do so. The person can just be accused or object to something blizzard or an affiliate does and then make it happen.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Sabruness likes this.
  5. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They broke the agreement they signed with Blizzard and got punished for it. Only they can decide if it was worth it.

otaku31, kenar and GDLiZy like this.
  6. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw we've been talking about the great political wall of China,

But u guys seemed to be not afraid of the great political wall in nuf and get banned. Talk about politics more I dare you.....

otaku31, Innieminnie and kenar like this.
  7. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many do you think will boycott all their games?
    Good joke. Do another one

Sabruness likes this.
  8. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I can never understand why the company go do this shit. Afaik Trump is trying to suppress China while Xi is flexing like mad with his ICBMs, the fucking fact that an AMERICAN COMPANY just went and lick the boots of China in order to gain more money spenders (by population size), the question is if it is worth. Why the fuck would a company go put its face in front of the HK-China dispite at this moment?

9. moomachine

moomachine Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm disappointed with the slight approval of the Chinese government in the second response, but the player knew what he was doing and the impact it would have. The player did the wrong thing and betrayed the trust blizzard has for all grandmasters, he used the company as a political tool and obviously that should come with heavy penalties. It doesn't matter if he is just in what his beliefs are, it should be irrelevant because it isn't about being correct or being wrong but abusing trust and using the company in a way that he knew was breaking rules.

otaku31, kenar, GDLiZy and 2 others like this.
  10. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shortsightedness. They got too greedy and that clouded their judgement and rational thought. Any company with a brain knows that trying to butt in on HK will result in a lot of backlash no matter which side you pick(even though one is in the right) which means less money

11. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    ALL HAIL THE GREAT ALL FATHER XI!

12. INeedAHiiro

INeedAHiiro Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just gotta be careful to avoid Blizzard games from now on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Kinda funny that no one would really know about it if Blizzard didn't make so much of a fuss. If they just cut that out of the interview and slapped him on the wrist, it probably would've gone unnoticed.

0000000 and Sabruness like this.
  13. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is the hypocrisy. Big companies, like ActiBlizz, love to show off their wokeness to the world but balk when they could actually do something meaningful. To them, they'll do anything to satisfy their greed for money.

14. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t like the way Blizzard and others suck up to China but hijacking for your personal beliefs sucks ass. If the guy had come out and said death to Americans would that be okay?

Just because you agree with someone doesn’t mean they get to use other peoples property at will.

15. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How dumb do you have to be to see Blizzard enforcing their rules when someone breaks them and thinking to yourself "Wow Blizzard is a bad company"?

The guy planned this from the start, knew it was a contract violation, did it anyways, and now people are losing their shit because oh hey it's the real world and when you break a contract you get punished for it?

/yawn

AliceShiki, GDLiZy, otaku31 and 4 others like this.
  16. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to reply here just before it gets locked like the previous Blizzard thread.

17. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep politics out of gaming, we do not need things like DOTA or WOW split into Republican or Democrats factions. Once you support one side, where does it end? Pro-China game team? Pro-US game team? Free Syria game team? Independent Scotland game team?

Poly-ticks for politicians and dirty beds. Keep gaming clean.

AliceShiki and otaku31 like this.
  18. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    People who support Blizzard are really idiotic. First off, the rules were made to be very ambiguous, so that they can enforce it however they like. Second, the punishment went too far. It was clearly malicious. Third, the Blitzchung guy wanted to make use of the platform he has, and I respect him for that.

China opened a concentration camp since 2014 and it is estimated that there are 1 to 3 millions people in it. And here you're be like; fOLlOw zE Rul3z!!

People are dying and you still side with Blizzard who wants to censor people?

19. mjmking

mjmking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind them banning the pro player, but I do mind the way that they threw in their support for the opposite opinion. They should have instead stated that they were neutral in the matter.

20. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    you know what they say about C******

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.