Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought to check through the author's comments a bit for the first time in a while... and though it wasn't said directly, it's quite strongly implied that Avalon can access the DK's memories. Perhaps he confirmed it previously?

So while I thought it wasn't directly supported by the canon, looks like I picked the wrong side. Oh well. It's always good to debate this stuff though and at least we seem to have a solid answer... unless I'm totally misreading this comment.

Anyway, the author suggests that if Avalon did access the memories and compared his experience with the DK's then he'd think that the spells/abilities consume far more MP than in the DK's perspective, which means he needs to practice more.

In a separate comment the author pointed out something interesting. Avalon cannot test his soul break ability currently because he's cursed to be unable to use it on anyone except death mages. Which makes me think that unless a convenient test dummy becomes available (Edgar!?) he wouldn't be able to practice in advance of meeting Van at all. Bear in mind this is something he's never done previously either and possibly never considered before this death.

Korleone, hillo315, Bla8bla and 2 others like this.
  2. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the question here is: is Edgar a death mage? as far as we know, no. yes he has part of the soul of the DK but remember, death attribut does not go along well with other attributes. unless you die to clean your soul of other attributes, it will not show up.

hillo315 and kari-no-sugata like this.
  3. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a very interesting point. It's not like Edgar is a mage type though. I can't remember seeing his stats. It's possible he only has no-attribute spells, which would be unaffected.

hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.
  4. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the attribute of death is supposed to be a side effect of a-a person whose soul was exposed to the destruction of gundunaris' soul (vandeliu does not seem to have this side effect) .b-soul that goes through the cycle of reincarnation and It is put in a state of clinical death (no close states, must be dead even per second as in the case of mei). Even if he possesses a fragment of the soul, Edgar has not completely passed either of the two cases, in addition, he would be noticed in how his abilities would have a black aura.

could anyone think of an answer about what each god should know, specifically those of light?

hillo315 likes this.
  5. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you talking about? No one exposed to the destruction of Gudu got DA magic.

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  6. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I was referring to the fields of creation, their destroyed souls were exposed to the power of gundunaris, although thinking about it the power of gundunaris would be some kind of power of pure death, which would explain that case b is a variant of case a.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, been quite a while since I've been following this thread. I just kinda gave up when I lost track of it and had absolutely no way to catch up with the discussion, so I guess I will just jump right in here now that I have got my new schedule figured out a little better.

Anyway, looks like Rokudo is following Van's example and imitating his approach to things a bit now that he has actually seen what the true "undead" did with his powers and how he used them. Should get interesting. Rokudo is really shaping up to be an evil mirror of Van in every way.

8. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    on the contrary, I would say that vandeliu is the evil reflection of rokudo, he is all that rokudo was not, weak, without talent, without ambitions or future, but then aroused ancentral power in his second life, for which he was condemned , and now he seeks revenge with an empire of inhuman beings and calamitous creatures that he will use to start a world war, and rokudo is one of those chosen by the god of reincarnation to stop him, using his ability to learn and grow faster before any challenge, his dark power for which he had to sacrifice his life and with his loyal companion must face the threat of the demon king and bring order to the chaotic lambda.

Korleone, hidefreek, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  9. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    What's that? False history of war

10. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. Eddy ,that is a great distortion of the narrative by selective editing of facts to create what ever you want. Do you work in politics or news?

RealSaMu, NekoMK2, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  11. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    None, I have since young the bad habit of contradicting or debating with people, so I am used to selecting certain aspects of a situation, if I have won those arguments it is a different story.

hillo315 likes this.
  12. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was an amazing summary of a generic isekai. Good thing this isn't one.

13. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And then Rokudo dies because believe or not there is such a thing as being too chuuni:D

14. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not supposed that the simple fact of being choni lowers your chances of survival by 45% and that every word you put in the name of your attacks removes another 5% more?

the only place where I have seen that chunis names work is in the xianxia world, where just saying the name of an arc antagonist occupies half of a paragraph. and also in wonderful 101 with the final attack, Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinity Fabulous Totally End Wonderful Marvelous Arrow.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    hillo315 and Mesaphrom like this.
  15. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm catching up after like three months of not reading, so I'm 30 pages deep right now, but I really liked that post, because it made me realize that Van could do what Abrahamic God made with the "Angels" to gods of Origin in @jemini 's "Reincarnated as a sister of a Goddess".

16. cameron2579

cameron2579 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    next one is up guys

hillo315, Eddy andres and IceFenix like this.
  17. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is small but he got Giant Emperor tittle.
    I think they should preasure minister to show them the production of weapon.
    Also Daemon ruler or demon ruler is make 1 of world inside Van to become demon world and there some demon in there, he also gained demon creation:aww: skill
    We get update for van status @FussyBadger please update the status.

・ Life force: 924,482+ (55,468) (67,347UP)

・ Magic power: 16,030,429,383+ (16,030,429,383) (503,386,604UP!)

・ Power: 85,638+ (856) (1231UP!)

・ Agility: 80,370+ (803) (2131UP!)

-Physical strength: 88,868+ (888) (1778 UP!)

・ Intelligence: 117,060+ (1,170) (2214UP!)

Bla8bla, hillo315, Nimitz and 3 others like this.
  18. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    It is good to see the development of vandeliu, like that child who made mortars to grind nuts and build rurimentary houses as "habitable" as possible, became a craftsman capable enough to measure the level of quality of a product that does not even He is from his work area and a respected developer and architect.

Even better the interaction of our family of calamities capable of exterminating half favorite humanity, although someone would explain to me if Elizabeth was on the scene or not?

bakunawa seems to have more silimitudes with a dinosaur or just me?

and many things to add to the lists in this chapter, a new failed rokudo plan, another thing that rokudo does wrong, a new crazy vandeliu skill, a new vandeliu mass destruction weapon (the army of possibly several stores, hundreds or thousands of demons rank A) and new free vandeliu (along with vandel, vandeliu god of origins, vandeliu mirror, vandeliu shadow)

19. IceFenix

IceFenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vandalieu mirror?

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  20. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Starts off with prime minister stupid showing off the demon king gear made by Rokudo. Jahan and Alcrem dukes approach objecting to the use of the equipment from differing sides since of course they are officially political opponents. Most of the other dukes go along with that opinion / withholding judgement on using the gear until they see how it is being produced. Sauron Duke is all for equipping his troops with the gear asap. Van who was in the meeting through creating a tiny copy able to hide in the ear of the Jahan Duke called the equipment “toys”. They might have been about at the level of mithril gear but they were clearly shoddily made with no regards to appearance or anything so not something that could be supplied to officers. Also they look like they’re just poured into a mold to be made. Also if prime minister wanted to show off th gear for the army to adopt then he should have brought a lot of examples rather than a single sword and shield.

After that we switch over to a parent child conversation with Van, Tiamat and Bakunawa. Bakunawa wanted to know if his new sister (Elizabeth) was tasty. Van emphasized that it was not okay to eat her.

Van also has the demon ruler job and the giant emperor finally. The demon ruler job is apparently reincarnating the spirits are that always hang around Van as demons. Van can now make as many A rank demons as he wants: