[Poll] The last two humans on the planet...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you change your gender to save humanity?

1. I’m male - I would change gender

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. I’m male - I would want my friend to change gender

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I’m male - I’m flexible if either my friend or me change gender

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. I’m male - Let humanity die, I wouldn’t reproduce with my friend

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. I’m male - Let humanity die, I don’t want kids anyways

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. I’m male - Let humanity die, other reason

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  7. I’m male - I’m unsure

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. I’m female - I would change gender

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  9. I’m female - I would want my friend to change gender

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I’m female - I’m flexible if either my friend or me change genders

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  11. I’m female - Let humanity die, I wouldn’t reproduce with my friend

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  12. I’m female - Let humanity die, I don’t want kids anyways

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I’m female - Let humanity die, other reason

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  14. I'm female - I’m unsure

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  15. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It's lonely at the top.
    *gazes at the sky*

2. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both drink both become girls

3. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    1- no I can only be a man so I won't change gender

2- I wouldn't reproduce with them. I would test tube that shit into his newly made cunt

3- if it saves humanity I don't mind making test tube babies as long as their is no sexual relations needed

4- I could be a parent, but we wouldn't be in a relationship. I don't mind living in the same house in separate rooms of course. since nothing negative will happen from raising the child together at worst the child will be as mischievous as I.

im sure that if we can make test tube babies we could easily find several ways to create or mix chromosomes as human genome need variety of races to keep genetic diversity or we will die off even if we prolong it. it proven that adam and eve scientifically impossible since after continuous incest leads genetic degradation.

fuyuuri likes this.
  4. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a mitochondrial eve (in science), which is kind of like the last common human ancestor, however there were likely other “Eve’s” (and “Adams”) alive at the same time — it’s just that their bloodline died out.

5. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    i mayhap remember things wrong,
    but is adam and eve and their kid' story differ for different religions?

6. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I literally asked my friend this and my friend said no ( ꈨຶ ˙̫̮ ꈨຶ )

7. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Looool! I approve of this! Thank you for making the sacrifice for science!

:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

8. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let humanity die, two people is too small a genetic pool to be recovered from, even if there are options for preventing conception occurring with harmful combinations of the available genes.

I can't remember the specific term for the main problem, but it's the same reason why *any* disease that affects banana's would potentially threaten nearly all bananas (because they're a genetic monoculture, pretty much all banana's commercially grown today, is a "Cavendish Banana" & thus anything that one plant is vulnerable probably can't be resisted by the others).

AMissingLinguist and fuyuuri like this.
  9. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah seriously I'm not even kidding ಠಗಠ

10. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually find this kind of problem fascinating, and I think I would enjoy being the evil mad scientist involved with managing this even though most people might find it suuuuuper unethical. :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

There's actually a fair number of quite economical ways to induce mutagenesis even with current technology.

Actually the majority of the effort would go into screening for mutations that are not so deleterious that it would lead to disability, which under current technology would really require sequencing. I think my approach if I was the lead scientist in this kind of environment (I usually imagine it through a sci-fi scenario) is:
    • Cloning (we have the tech for this already) until technology for mutagenesis babies is satisfactory
    • Preserve the genetic material from everyone -- such any genetically "healthy" people are banked
    • Mutagenesis screen hundreds of thousands of eggs / sperms / zygote DNA and recover/preserve viable clones
    • IVF with mutagenized embryos until minimum stable population for human species survival is reached

Humans in general have relatively low genetic diversity compared to other species -- some anthropologists believe that humans went through a bottleneck event of some kind a very long time ago in the past. In either case, I've read articles where ~160 people are needed to sustain the survival of the human species from a genetic standpoint.

11. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you change your gender to save humanity?
    No Humanity is screwed either way due to a lack of genetic diversity that would be produced due to there only being the two of us.
    2. Would you reproduce with your best friend even if you didn’t love them in a romantic/sexual fashion?
    No it's a completely pointless excercise
    3. If it was possible to make a test tube baby by rearranging and mixing the chromosomes between you and your friend, would you do it?
    There is no point in doing this. Look at what I said above
    4. Could you raise a child (be a parent) with your best friend? Which one of you would take greater responsibility, or equal?
    Pointless question the children are all doomed anyway.

fuyuuri likes this.
  12. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2019-10-10_11-33-26.jpeg definitely like the Habsburg family

AMissingLinguist and felidormit like this.
  13. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Sure, doesn't bother me. I've wondered what it would be like to be a guy anyways.
    2. Yes, especially since she's a pretty brilliant lady, so there's hope that the kids would at least get some smarts from her. (Basing my assumptions on my own best friend)
    3. Sure. I'm assuming that even if we are the last humans on earth, there were some scientists before that had at least frozen some other eggs and sperm for some diversity.
    4. Yep. She's already a great mom so I would have high hopes for those kids. I'd like to think we'd have equal responsibility.

fuyuuri likes this.
  14. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    AMissingLinguist and Sabruness like this.
  15. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you change your gender to save humanity?
    :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:
    I think in a sci-fi situation, I would go even beyond that. I would be fine with becoming a cyborg, gaining an exoskeleton... the whole list of crazy mad scientist things I would probably do if it were an extreme situation like humanity at risk of extinction or if humans needed to adapt to new extraterrestrial environment. A magical gender change is almost nothing in comparison, at least to me.

Oh, in the Knights of Sidonia series, I'm really fond of humans who can photosynthesize. I want to be part plant!! :aww::aww::aww:

(Oh on the poll I voted I'm flexible)

2. Would you reproduce with your best friend even if you didn’t love them in a romantic/sexual fashion?
    It's really up to them.

3. If it was possible to make a test tube baby by rearranging and mixing the chromosomes between you and your friend, would you do it?
    Sure!

4. Could you raise a child (be a parent) with your best friend? Which one of you would take greater responsibility, or equal?
    I would be pretty involved! It wouldn't really change regardless of how involved my friend was (although it might be more stressful if my partner wasn't involved at all), so to me it's not really about more or less responsibility. Kids can absorb a lot of love so it's good to water them with more!

AMissingLinguist and AliceShiki like this.
  16. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    humanity's fucked anyway so i'd split the drink in half and force them to take half before i took half. Then, at least i could yuri until death.

GDLiZy likes this.
  17. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll drink just to experience being a girl. As for humanity? I'll see to the end of its demise.

Get my friend to drink with me and do some yuri roleplay?

Sabruness likes this.
  18. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What exactly caused this mass extinction? I think this is the largest question. There's no point in trying to repopulate an Earth that's not survivable, which will inevitably lead to extinction.

AMissingLinguist and felidormit like this.
  19. Razort

Razort Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ended up voting “I’m male, unsure.”

None of us can guarantee that we would stay the same should this scenario occur. We all like to be adamant in our words on forums and I myself indeed would love to be a selfless or selfish person who would either change my own gender or force a change in my friends gender. With that being said my best friend since childhood did indeed go through her transition into her current gender and that will be all I’ll say about that her. So perhaps in my case I’m allowed to stay male?
    Not sure how I feel about the situation hence I voted in the unsure category.

fuyuuri likes this.
  20. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Under those circumstances I doubt I would hesitate much about that gender bender potion... maybe it would turn out horrible but with just two people left, it doesn't seem like I would have all that long life ahead of me anyway so... I would take it and maybe even fight over it, if that other guy wants it too...

As for saving the world or humanity and all that... Two people ain't gonna make a difference... You need at least 1000 pairs or more or inbreeding depression is going to do us in anyway...