[Poll] The last two humans on the planet...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you change your gender to save humanity?

1. I’m male - I would change gender

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. I’m male - I would want my friend to change gender

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I’m male - I’m flexible if either my friend or me change gender

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. I’m male - Let humanity die, I wouldn’t reproduce with my friend

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. I’m male - Let humanity die, I don’t want kids anyways

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. I’m male - Let humanity die, other reason

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  7. I’m male - I’m unsure

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. I’m female - I would change gender

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  9. I’m female - I would want my friend to change gender

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I’m female - I’m flexible if either my friend or me change genders

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  11. I’m female - Let humanity die, I wouldn’t reproduce with my friend

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  12. I’m female - Let humanity die, I don’t want kids anyways

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I’m female - Let humanity die, other reason

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  14. I'm female - I’m unsure

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  15. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the main question is: do we even have the necessity to live, food, drinks, proper home

2. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    "This is so sad. Siri, play sad song on world's smallest violin." :blob_teary:

1. Would you change your gender to save humanity?

Why can't we take turns? Why is there only one potion? How much do we need to drink? Or, do we actually have to drink all of the potion? What happens if we change genders during pregnancy?

I don't think changing genders would help, since there's the problem of love in a relationship, and I don't see my best male friend in a loving view.

2. Would you reproduce with your best friend even if you didn’t love them in a romantic/sexual fashion?
    Nope. Love is important. That's why some animals don't reproduce to save their species.

3. If it was possible to make a test tube baby by rearranging and mixing the chromosomes between you and your friend, would you do it?
    That sounds very improbable, because I doubt my friend and I are smart enough to use technology to make a baby. :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR::blobhighfive::blobnom::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

4. Could you raise a child (be a parent) with your best friend? Which one of you would take greater responsibility, or equal?
    Sure. I'll try to raise the kid, but I wouldn't want to wait 9 months to give birth. That sounds terrible. :notlikeblob:

3. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Fuck saving humanity. I have no obligation to revitalise a species that has already died out. In my eyes, humanity as a species holds no special right in that it ought to exist.

This is different from not wanting other humans to die, though. My morals are basically this: I am a human. I don't want to die/suffer. I will try (to a reasonable degree) to stop other humans from dying and suffering, in hopes that they would do the same for me.

Therefore, I feel would feel obligated to stop an extinction event, but not to revitalise humanity after an extinction event (since I am already born, so adding this to my moral system would hold no benefit to me).

On the other hand, if my friend really wanted to revitalise humanity I might just do it to appease them since changing genders doesn't seem that bad in the first place. (It's not like I have much better to do at the end of the world)

2) sure, why not. I'm not opposed to hook-ups, so sex doesn't necessarily need love.

And parents who love each other aren't needed to raise a child either, especially since there's no society/culture that would convince the child otherwise.

I think the main problem would be whether I could stomach having sex as a woman.

3) I don't see any problems here, as long as I wanted the baby.

4) I can't guarantee that I'd do a good job, but sure.

We would probably take responsibility in different places. Like I think I would be more responsible for education and they would be more responsible for looking after them.

Although that would obviously not be cut and dry, with various overlaps here and there (especially during early childhood).

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given that you need at least 60 people to keep degeneration from inbreeding on sustainable level, 2 ppl could never save humanity.

I would say, well, suck to be human, drank potion for fun and walked off into the sunset.

5. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I wouldn't. The only time I would change my gender/sex, so to speak, is if I was playing as a female character in a video/computer game.