Voice mail

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever I get a voicemail I ignore it and call the person because my phone just tells me whose call I missed. My voicemails will auto delete majority of the time because I leave them for so long.

Sometime I call my voicemail to delete them since having a voicemail gives me an alert that I cant get rid off until I actually deal with the voicemail itself.

AliceShiki likes this.
  2. Qiun

Qiun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody use it these dayes, even when they know they got voice mail they don't bother to open it

3. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    OP, wait till you need glasses to read.

data can fail, but voicemail will be up unless you are in a place with no tower coverage.

4. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    rather than voice mails. . .
    why not just call? and if I remember voicemails got large data file count compared to texts. . .

5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Same.

6. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Always hated voicemails and still hate using it. It is useful for doctor appointment tho since I never pick up calls

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ai chan voicemail on phones these days is automatically transcribed into text form so you don't have to listen to it. It's really no different than receiving a text. ... Ofc the phone might make a mistake with its transcription if your friend has a funny voice or something, but you should get the gist!

If your phone doesn't do this, it might be time for an upgrade!

mir likes this.
  8. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why call when you can text?

9. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    My workplace uses voicemail as well as email so I get to have fun that way. Plus my parents love to use it too.

mir likes this.
  10. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Voice mail is what replaced answering machines(a recording device you plugged into your landline) never really bothered with either version as. Either setting one up, or leaving a message on one as verbal communication has never been my strong suit . Ever since they started SMS and texting services I just use them instead.

11. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I know voicemail but I don't think me or anyone I know has ever actually used it.

12. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sameee

otaku31 likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I receive voicemails from my grandma... She never says anything though, it's just because she doesn't know how to end the call on her phone, or takes too long to do so at least.

Essentially, she calls me and doesn't turn off the call (not in a timely manner at least) even if I didn't answer... >.>

I learned how to listen to my voice mails by trying to remove the notification I had an unheard voicemail... Turns out I need to hear it and then the phone gives me the option to delete it. But if it wasn't for my grandma, I'd never have learned how to listen to them.
    So magical! My phone doesn't do that for sure!

Ai chan and Westeller like this.
  14. Tony.T.Rex

Tony.T.Rex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even fax machines(those printers with phones) are more memorable than voice messages

15. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of my five siblings, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who checks voicemail. I leave them voicemails every once and a while, but I'm 90% sure they don't listen to it and just call me back. I've always been an old soul, though, so no surprises there.

Most voicemails are from doctors, the dentist, or some other medical professional. The last one I got was about a month ago. I didn't recognize the number, so I have yet to listen to it. Well, let's see who it was. At least I can get rid of the notification that way.

Turns out it was the mechanic letting me know my car was ready. Very anticlimactic.

16. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :confused:
    But they did call, and the receiver didn't answer, or they couldn't have left a voicemail.
    That's voicemails purpose, too let them know what you called about. You can text too but when there is alot to say, speaking is faster than typing.
    -------
    As someone trained by many years of excessive spam calls to always let unrecognized numbers go to the answering machine or voicemail, (to then check those messages to see if the call was legit so I can call back if I need to, and who ignores all callers who don't leave a message [because 60+% of robots don't leave messages]) and who has to leave voice messages for people as part of my work, the general answers in this thread are a bit shocking. :confused:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  17. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    Never use one. Even when young, i only use sms. Pretty sure most people in my place never use voicemail even though they still use fax machines.

18. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    When I worked in retail customer service, we also did a ton of phone calls where I got to leave vms. Though they were slowly switching over more and more to email. But older customers of course would still only have vm.

19. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I use my voicemail at least 2 to 3 times a day for work. Mostly I’m busy and I don’t want to answer my phone, especially when if it’s telemarking people.