Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    ...The Grandest Farewell ever...
    I'm gonna cry myself in a corner now... :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
    Wangxian will live on forever.
    See you in Nanjing on 1st-2nd Nov.

sayu9913 and YaoiMom22 like this.
  2. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last time the cast will be together :cry::cry:

They will livestream the second day only on Tencent VIP. I hope they release it later on WeTV as well

3. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. He wanted to stop WWX from playing the flute. Only WWX can perfectly control demonic cultivation and WN. Even if the mob characters can't recognize him immediately, JC can and will just from his playing even if he fakes it by playing horribly. That will expose him to danger and LWJ didn't want to risk that.

2. Well... He was upset for various reasons. One would be that he does envy WN for being closer to WWX and doesn't want him to play the flute for him. It's like a child's behavior. Secondly, WWX disappeared on him, right after the gravedigger fight, which indicates that there was still potential danger around. And you can technically stretch it by saying that he's also worried that WWX would escape, but that's sort of impossible because by this time, LWJ already revealed that he knows WWX's identity and the fact that WWX came back during the Nie's tomb incident cemented LWJ's trust that WWX won't run away.

3. Based on MXTX's answers for interview questions, WWX's soul was basically in limbo, or like stuck going through all his memories/pain. I'm not too sure, I'll have to reread the answers. And about LWJ playing inquiry, that is 1000% headcanon by fans. It is very popular to the point where it is misunderstood as part of canon, but it's not.

4. My memories of WWX's parents are iffy so don't trust me on this too much, but I believe they are rogue cultivators. They shouldn't have close ties with any sects except Jiang, but even then, they're independent. They probably didn't expect themselves to die during the nighthunt. Even if they settled WWX somewhere, an inn or some rando's home, WWX would eventually run out of money, etc.. And as a child, I really doubt he would know the way around the world to find people that his parents knew.

Sauling likes this.
  4. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man. That's perfect and now makes total sense.

I know the stuff about wn but that isn't what I was meaning. Now that I think about it, he did wake up in a compromising position the first time and the second time he didn't. Ahh, I've answered my own question.

I started thinking about that after I asked it. I can see LWJ searching for him like that but it never came up in the novel so I started doubting. Headcanon makes sense. I wonder if he he really did burn paper money or not. I can't see LWJ doing that.

They were rouge cultivators. I guess that was why I thought they would have taken precautions for him because they were rogue. It's just too sad for me thinking of him being left alone in the world when he was kid.

Your response helped a lot. Thank you so much.

Kikoeru likes this.
  5. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, do you have any recommendations for Romeo & Juliet style Wangxian Romance fanfic, or a fanfic based on early student days in Gusu? :)

6. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

7. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    "2. LWJ was upset after the first time he got drunk with WWX but not the second time when he obviously did more things. Why is that?

He is jealous of WN.. but more importantly.. wangxian is their song and he heard WWX play that song for WN.. which he just doesn't like :p .. plus he really is demanding WX's attention finally."

I was meaning the difference in reactions between him being anxious asking what did the first time versus the second time when he was calm and didn't ask anything.

The first time, I know he was anxious because wy was taking his clothes off. He thought they did something indecent.
    However, the second time, it was obvious something serious happened but he didn't get anxious or ask what he did.

I was curious why he didn't get anxious the second time.

I get all the stuff involving wn.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  8. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

In the book , i don't recall LWJ knowing something happened..
    as far as book is concerned, LWJ does not remember anything they do..

1st time - WX teased him about talking too much.. so he was scared that he probably spoke too much / confessed his love
    2nd time - WX kissed him but only WX knew about it and never teased LWJ about it... so nothing to react to

9. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    One-third into the drama series until the point of Wen Ruo Han's demise (and the infamous scene where WWX wakes up in his red undergarment and hubby Lan Zhan visits), comments about Wangxian from a non-MDZS and non-BL viewer:

"Is there any romance in this show?"
    "Does anyone get married?"
    "Will Wei Ying get married?"
    "What about the Wen Qing? She seems to have love interests with one of the male characters..."
    "How about Jiang Yanli? Why does she keep trying to get close to JZX although they're no longer engaged?"
    "Does Wei Ying have a secret crush on his shijie?"
    "Why does Wei Ying always ask / look for Lan Zhan?" (The amount of times he asks about, or looks for Lan Zhan exceeds 'frienship' or 'xiongdi' levels, it seems...)
    "Why is Lan Zhan so concerned about Wei Ying?" (After Wei Ying initially rejects him, and later, LZ shows an "inappropriate" and "uncharacteristic" amount of attention even if one factors in the concern about the dark arts and the effects on Wei Ying)

My explanation about the nature of Wangxian's relationship in the original novel, which is mostly censored in the tv series... seems to fly by my mom's radar. She still thinks Wangxian feels more like "good friends" and nothing more.

*feels like pulling out hair, but doesn't want to end up looking like Wen Chao*

:blobtired::blobtired::blobtired:

10. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    I normally would not share this since I really love the translations found here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/kittykat2010

But OMFG. jfdlsasjlj

IT'S THE
    BATHTUB
    SCENE!!! :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:

I'm still looking forward to Kitty Kat's translation (and eps 10 and 11 before it!) but uuuuuunnnnn... I needed to flail with someone over this! They did SUCH a wonderful job with this! It was simply perfect and very, very satisfying! The entire ep is flawless. Poor LWJ though. Somehow I felt his embarrassment and heartbreak more intensely than when I read the "after" scene. The devastation was real. His VA really did a superior job there.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  11. Ze Wu Jun

Ze Wu Jun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here in the Wuxia Fandoms, can anybody introduce me a good popular Wuxia novel?

12. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    *FLAILS AROUND CRAZILY WITH YOU*
    :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::aww::aww::aww::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::aww::aww::aww:

I don't follow the audio drama, but the first scene with the chickens CAUGHT MY ATTENTION BECAUSE I JUST LISTENED TO IT AS THOUGH I WATCH CHEN QING LING / UNTAMED :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:

Then the writing of "LWJ was here"... totally feels like CQL Untamed too! :blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk:

And the bath tub scene is SO SEXY.. :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty: My R-18 mind short-circuited right then. I imagined Yibo!LZ and XiaoZhan!WWX there, and :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

But then WWX said something about "it's normal for men to help each other". Did they go through with the full act (papapa), or is it just mutual m@sturbation?

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  13. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link

I meant he reacted the first time because he woke up to WWX taking his clothes off, then teasing him by being flirty. So of course LWJ will think something really happened or he confessed something.
    The second time, WWX is on the floor when he wakes up with bruises on his wrists. It looks very questionable so I was always confused why that scene didn't cause him to also react he ask questions. Even when WWX is saying he's rude when he's drunk and asking if he really can't rememeber, LWJ is still calm like nothing happened.

It just seemed to me that LWJ should have still reacted anxiously the second time too. That's all I was saying.

Side note: God, what I wouldn't give to read LWJ internal monologue. I'm re-reading the novel and I'm on chapter 69 with the first kiss and I would kill to get his internal monologue. This whole chapter is so good and I bet LWJ thoughts are really good too.

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  14. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link

So this is what ep 9 holds for me!?!?! I can't wait to get home and listen. I was just thinking about this scene too since I'm re-reading the novel. Yay!!

I feel so bad for both. How awkward the situation is. The feelings LWJ must have; enough to push WWX away so forcefully hitting his head even. That act alone is so embarrassing let alone everything else. Those poor souls.

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  15. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    It was just m_ster_ation in this scene.

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  16. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Loads of people performing at Untamed Concert :) The promo looks so cool!!!

Though seems like Meng Ziyi and Xuan Lu are left put again! I hope it's just a schedule conflict.

17. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    What promo? Is this something about more Mo Dao zu shi?

18. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant the promotional poster for Untamed Concert that was released by Tencent today. It features all the Untamed actors/singers that would be taking part. Hopefully it will be like Thai fanmeet but it feels like a proper concert!! Last time we get to see WangXian together on stage :cry::cry::cry::cry:

FB link :
    https://www.facebook.com/1053101664728725/posts/2539264432779100/

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  19. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link

Oh I see

20. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, my god. That was so hot. Thank you so much for sharing that. Listening to it vs reading it was so intense. Could you imagine if they had done the sounds for them doing the OTHER stuff. I really liked this for the fact that the subtitles were slower and easier to see too. I could enjoy it a lot more.

Thank you thank you once again. I have saved it for sure.,

YaoiMom22 likes this.