Spoiler Transmigration: The Life Winner’s Ex-Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Description:
    Behind the successful man, there was often such an ex-girlfriend. She was beautiful and nice, but favored the rich and disdained the poor. She abandoned him in the most difficult period of the man’s career, left him with a huge psychological shadow so that he no longer believed in love.

In the novel, such an ex-girlfriend usually may not get a good ending, used to set off as the true mistress of the cannon fodder. Unfortunately, Ren Qiao transmigrated into the book and become the ex-girlfriend who dumped the male lead, but the male lead still went against the counterattack…..

Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/transmigration-the-life-winners-ex-girlfriend/

Spoilers please!!!:blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::aww::aww::aww::aww:

Venice1 and morticia_addams like this.
  2. Venice1

Venice1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. chrismacks

chrismacks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers????

Venice1 likes this.
  4. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    I did read a little and stopped halfway around.

Until where I stopped there was no interaction between MC and ML they only been in the same space twice.
    1 the other Yan sister impersonate oMC and send MC to ML's hotel room ruining their "first interaction". as the story goes he did not recognise MC and get angry to the Yan family for trying underhanded methods to force a marriage on him.
    2nd time was was in the introduction event of MC and he bought two things that the MC also wanted. now he knows who she is.
    MC has two sisters fighting for the inheritance and the oMC of the novel is the bad guy in this story.
    she kidnapped the parents of MC to force her to seduce ML and marry him, since her father wants connection with ML he wants one of his children to marry him. MC is not like the host she did not cave oMC and she shows dominance from time to time, like holding the oMC's neck. oMC is "noble" and she does not want to have a political marriage as her mom died from postpartum depression, due to loveless marriage. MC is looking for a way to gain power using the knowledge about the novel. she takes over an entertainment company and was fighting with people while looking for a star to be director that was in the novel. she is also very good at fighting.
    She was the old school bully that declared ML her "wife". and there was still no reason for the break-up, just MC keeps thinking the break-up was bad.
    There are shadow groups behind MC that monitor her but not help her with her parent's situation so i do not know if they are good or bad.
    ML is stoic president type and do not look other women cliche.

Side story lines are taking too long of a time. There is no improvement about the relationships that is actually interesting.
    ML and MC not seen each other
    MC and oMC have a very basic blackmailer relationship
    MC and everyone else nothing no interest towards the long lost "father" no interest towards the other members of the family. no friend no nothing.
    Also MTL is frying your brain as it is pretty bad

5. savii

savii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's more than 1 yan sister??

6. lacerem

Reading List:
    Link
    MC, oMC and the other sister
    MC's real father married two more times after MC's mom first Yan ya she is oMC born her mom died and he married Ling something so she give birth to the Yen T..something as the third sister and there is also an annoying boy as the last child he is 10 years old so nobody cares for him as a competition.

mmem, morticia_addams and Venice1 like this.
  7. Venice1

Reading List:
    Link
    How does the oMC really feel about the MC? I’m confused if the break up was so bad then why did he buy her two things that he knew she would like? Also what was his reaction on seeing the MC

8. lacerem

Reading List:
    Link
    oMC does not care anyone but herself, MC respect her wish to not have a political marriage but resent her for forcing others into her mess and kidnapped MC's family. as i understand it would be something like MC needs money and had to follow a job opportunity to the city as painter (my speculation is she broke-up with him so she will focus on earning money to feed her very old parents 70 something father and 40 something mom). I do not think the novel will make it a huge problem it felt under-climactic reading for the reason.

ML is weird, he first did not recognize her, he learned from someone she was MC (in the original story the host had plastic surgery but MC did not, MC thinks the world's will is preventing him from recognizing her). He bought the painting that was painted by MC under a pseudonym and ML was the subject of it. MC wanted it because it was embarrassing deceleration of a teenage love for her. the second was some magical stone that will make her stronger. ML just took it because she wanted. MC is death set on avoiding ML so they did not have any other interaction.

There is also the complimentary characters around ML that one is in-love with him the other is the best friend. They are the people who made original host overdose. they are trying to punish the bad person that hurt ML, although ML said do not disrupt MC. MC kicked the a** of the best friend guy while he was trying to pour wine on her to humiliate her in her debut.

9. Venice1

Reading List:
    Link
    @lacerem thank you for the spoilers, but I have two question: magic stone? I know that the story is a fantasy since she’s trapped in a novel but there’s magic in that world?

10. lacerem

Reading List:
    Link
    I said magic out of lack of descriptions in the novel it is a stone that would make her have spiritual energy and she can cultivate as she came from a world of cultivation. she is cultivating in this world too but cannot rich full potential as the world has no energy absorbung thingy and around here I rich the end of my rope and just give up the story

mmem and Venice1 like this.
  11. savii

savii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is this "rumor" leader?? Seems like he's collecting info on our Mc.. Is it ml or second ml??

Venice1 likes this.
  12. Not Today

Not Today Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML is Zhou Yunqing her ex-boyfriend, he's also "Silver Knight" the administrator/leader of 'The Rumor'. He basically created The Rumor just to watch her 24/7, he has an unhealthy obsession with the FL, and even after completing this novel I still don't get how she reciprocated his feelings.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  13. Venice1

Reading List:
    Link
    does the MC ever figure out that’s his been stalking her? Also why is he so obsessed with her?

Shivani likes this.
  14. Not Today

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll start with your second question, so there's a pretty big backstory/childhood trauma that triggers all the stuff that goes down in the 2nd half of this novel. When they first started dating as kids the MC walks in on the ML's mother abusing him & calling him a monster while stabbing him the arm with a knitting needle. Freaked out the MC rushes him out of there, and while bandaging him asks about what's going on. Basically, his mother is mentally ill but wasn't always like this, she became this way after a trip that they took to his grandmother's house back when he was 7, but he tells her that he can't remember what exactly happened that caused this. The MC is a transmigrator from a cultivation world, so she uses her previous knowledge to hypnotize him & unlocks the lost memory, and after she's done he won't tell her what he saw. It's this exact moment with the "unlocked memory" that screws everything up, at this point that ML's feelings shift from mutual puppy love to obsession/manic. He thought that he was a "sinner" undeserving of love (his lack of maternal love/abuse from his mother didn't help), and even after their break up he doesn't move on/let her go. This was revealed later on but apparently the ML liked the MC first, they were both poor kids from a small town and he even made several attempts on approaching her, but the MC would always not notice/ignore him until he saved her life in the river & she started "chasing" him. He's liked the MC all along, but honestly, he just went about it in such a creepy way. (I should clarify I'm not excusing his behavior, I have a very strong dislike for this ML.)

Now about your first question, when the MC first comes face to face with "Silver Knight" it's on her Wedding Day, and she was about to get married to someone else in a political marriage. The ML then proceeds to full-on kidnap the FL right before the ceremony begins. So rather than worrying about why he was stalking her this whole time (there wasn't a big fight over the stalking) she was more concerned with the kidnapping since later on she wakes up in an unknown location with her cultivation sealed.

I know I'll be asked about what the Childhood Trauma is I'll put it here, consider this your warning it's intense:
    When the ML & his mother were on their way back from his grandmother's house they get kidnapped by human traffickers, and while the ML is tied up in a house. The main trafficker decides that he wants to "have some fun" and proceeds to rape the ML's mother. At this time Zhou Yunqing is only 7, but while hearing his mother's scream he gets himself out of the rope & rushes to save her. The ML beats the main trafficker and get's him to stop assaulting his mother, but when the trafficker averts his attention onto the ML and starts hitting him back, the ML instinctively bites into this guy's throat and doesn't stop until this guy dies. His mother's way of coping with the rape was to automatically block all of her memories out surrounding the attack instead, the memory that is branded into her brain is the one where her child has a mixture of blood & flesh in his mouth while standing over the dead trafficker's body. This is why whenever his mother has an "episode" she starts calling him a monster saying that he eats people & attacks him.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    mmem, SoShy, morticia_addams and 4 others like this.
  15. savii

savii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't she getting married to ML?? Or the groom is switched in between??., also why doesn't ml recoginze fl in the beginning and why doesn't he help her family

16. Not Today

Reading List:
    Link
    The parts that I spoiled were for the 2nd half of the novel. About why she isn't getting married to the ML, well first off her dad the Tang family head was trying to set up his 2nd daughter Tang Ya (oFL) with Zhou Yunqing, but the oFL didn't want a political marriage because of the tragic story of her mother, hence the reason why she found the MC & kidnapped her parents to force her hand. The MC realizing that she's completely powerless against these "big fish" (her rich family/their money) decides that she needs to get strong to defend herself & protect her loved ones. Since her parents are kidnapped she's forced to follow her sister's bidding, but nothing much happens with the ML in these scenes as someone mentions above there are barely any interactions between the leads at all. The blackmail stops working anyways after she gets her parents back.
    The ML did recognize her in the beginning when she walked into his hotel room (he's Silver Knight that's been watching her this whole time remember?) there wasn't really an explanation as to why he pretended he didn't know her. This reveal was in the last 20-30 chapters of the book & by then there was so much already going on, so why he pretended wasn't really developed. (I did MTL this though so maybe there was like a 1-2 sentence explanation that I missed)
    The grooms aren't switched, the MC ends up cutting ties from her family after her father tried to force her into marrying the ML. Her dad first fired her as the General Manager of XingChen (the entertainment company that she resurrected) and then would threaten/use his influence to stop her from being able to start up her own entertainment company elsewhere. He also did some terrible things to her friends/family as well I.E. he got the MC's parent's evicted from their home by their landlord, and spread malicious/career-destroying rumors about some of the stars in his company that were on the MC side & left with her. In the end, the only person that wasn't affected by his "bullying", and still helped out the MC was Gu Huai (the groom). Anytime prior to this, when she'd try and get an investment or find a building to start up in, the MC's father would pressure the investor/landlord/whatever into not working with her. She ends up deciding to get married to Gu Huai in a political marriage to help him out because they were friends & his grandfather the Ling Family Patriarch was forcing him to get married to someone anyways. Also, Gu Huai was secretly in love with the MC, the grandfather was dying of Cancer & this was his attempt at helping his grandson out with his unrequited love.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  17. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think this novel is good, I don't recommend this novel. I drop this novel cause plot/story develop is so boring, ML is so boring, horrible and jerk. It's so waste of time to reading this boring novel with no develop, no interact between MC and ML. ML appear rarely in novel. He is so jerk, doesn't deserved MC.

mmem, Venice1 and Not Today like this.
  18. Not Today

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, I was trying to be impartial & just answer any questions that people had on this thread. But honestly I don't recommend this either If you're like me and found yourself intrigued because of the synopsis then don't be, because this book is NOTHING like you're lead to believe! I went into great detail while writing my 1 star review on the NU page, so maybe go check that out, and if anyone has any question after that feel free to ask.

mmem, RBJ, JuuHachi and 2 others like this.
  19. Venice1

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow...I just saw your review and I’m deeply disappointed in the direction the story is going into. I noticed a change of pace in the couple of last chapters on the NU page. Especially, when this random guy was ‘courting’ her and she’s was reciprocating it even though she was supposed to get the attention of the ML, and all this information was being thrown out in a chapter. It made me feel like I skipped a chapter (even now I’m not 100% sure that I did or not). I only have one question left: Why did the MC make it seem like her break up with the ML was so bad that if he ever found out it wouldn’t be good for her?

mmem likes this.
  20. Not Today

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all I agree with you that the story's really choppy. Now... when it comes to the guy that was "courting" her, that's actually some intel that she has from the book, this guy is the the boss of another entertainment company & he's dating the female director of this movie, his plan was to "seduce" the innocent MC & trick her into dropping out of this project and coming over to his company. This would lead to production coming to a halt because the casting director Ji spent so long trying to find the perfect villainess (MC's character).The female director was funneling the funds from this movie over to that guy, and because she doesn't exactly have to power to go against them face to face she uses her body & plays along with his flirting to get close and uncover the truth. She doesn't sleep with him but pretends she does to cause a misunderstanding between this guy & the female director and then records them fighting, and subsequently releases the voice recording of the director admitting to misusing the movie's funds which gets her fired & ruins her reputation.
    The breakup between the leads was something that I didn't exactly understand/make much sense while MTLing, so just like in the original novel the MC does, in fact, steal from the ML back when he was first starting out, but instead of doing so & abandoning him for his best friend. She takes the money and donates all of it to an orphanage. Basically, because the story was still going according to the plot, she's avoiding him/happy he didn't recognize her because she was worried about her characters ending (dying alone in an alley ODed on drugs).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    mmem, wildthorn and Venice1 like this.