LCD Colossus Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Oppa, Sep 6, 2019.

1. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh, the moment I'm about to go sleep a new chapter comes out, welp reading time...

userunfriendly likes this.
  2. Xigua

Xigua Unknown member

Reading List:
    Link
    49 felt really short. Pretas be like

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    novaes and userunfriendly like this.
  3. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
  4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    It happened again! New chapters! Double release! :ROFLMAO:

No sleep for you!:p

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar likes this.
  5. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

Reading List:
    Link
    it's fine now, it was like 4am this morning when the single came out, its only 4pm now \o/

userunfriendly likes this.
  6. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really want to know where he left his real body this time....Also wonder how the raid on the undead guy is going?

7. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to let yall know, translator(or the admin?) said
    "No1Oppa

Regarding colossus hunter there's an issue and we are speaking with author

Once solved ill do mass release for all the chaps that should have been out

so count for mass release is at 2 rn"

Tristan1412 and userunfriendly like this.
  8. Scythe244

Scythe244 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this is not the first legal KR novel translation I've heard of that's "having issues". Hope there's nothing funny going on and that this is all just some weird coincidence...

9. Tristan1412

Tristan1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a reply to the early comments about the shared universe between Dungeon Hunter (author’s previous work). Yeah completely different world, unless there’s a parallel Earth with a shared demon world, but extremely unlikely. Andalton Bruxelles, the demon king that took a weird interest in the MC is the son of Randalph Bruxelles. Another point to note is that the demon king the MC possesses is named Uriel Diablo, sharing the same last name as Ariel Diablo, a grand duke in Dungeon Hunter and the daughter of the former demon king Diablo so there’s clearly a lineage of Diablos in that world at least. It’s possible that Uriel Diablo’s succession of power might’ve came from someone from the Diablo family from Randalph Brigsiel’s demon world. I don’t know about the Dominator skill but the Stygian Touch shares the similar darkness characteristic of Ariel’s Abyss Sword, though his eye skill which allows him to see the information of things resembles Randalph’s mind skill. Ofc this is the typical ‘appraisal’ skill most main characters have, also allowing readers to have a clear understanding of power scaling. Of course we can say that the shared name could just be a random reference cos it’s cool and there’s still the fact that Diablo is the name of a high ranking demon and commonly used in fiction novels and games recently. Strange point to note is that Uriel is the name of one of the high ranking archangels and I find it odd that the name fits strangely well together with Diablo, a demon, as well as the fact that it’s being combined at all. Possible revelation behind origins of this name?

Astaroth and CosmicInsomniac like this.
  10. 8Psycho

8Psycho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shared universe? Pretty sure author just have no imajination/too lazy to think of anything outside his comfortable setting.

11. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it's not legal? I'm not sure if Oppa Translation contacted the publisher or author, but usually the publishers hold the rights.

That's why Dungeon Defense is so unique since the publishers gave approval to the translation even though it's illegal.

12. Scythe244

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm I thought Oppa Translation had the advantage of being legal. I know they did for both Master Hunter K and Main Character Hides His Strength. They even pushed out an ebook for MCHHS that can be purchased on Amazon. I'm not sure if I can recall if its explicitly stated for their other newer novels. I didn't remember Dungeon Defense had gotten permission but I think Oppa Translations was one of the very early ones who actually got the permissions when everyone else was getting rejected around that time.

In this instance, I was referring to Omniscient Reader and Second Coming of Gluttony. Both, I believe, are legal, and both have recently gone on hiatus due to something with the original rights holders. I don't recall if there were any other recent pauses.

13. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's obviously not a shared universe since it's taking place in the same country on the same world. In dungeon hunter the demons all descended at once. In this story they barely defeated a single demon lord.

14. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omniscient Reader is still being translated by Qidian / webnovel. It's just that the TL changed.

As for Second Coming of Gluttony, I'm waiting for it to return.
    Normally, legal contracts last for a long period of time. I remember WW said they signed a contract that lasts for 10 years.
    That's why I was baffled when Pacific Novel said the publishers only gave them a "trial period" and took away the chapters.
    I just hope it will return and the entire thing wasn't a stunt to snipe a series from the previous TL.

15. Scythe244

Reading List:
    Link
    Omniscient Reader was back with the changed TL but has been on hiatus for roughly 5 days at this point. However, reading the notification again it appears it is an internal Qidian/Webnovel issue. Maybe its just all a coincidence. Either way, the wait for Colossus Hunter continues...

16. Young Master Yang

Young Master Yang Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Another great novel is gone :(:(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry:

17. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link

18. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude.. Feel the same man..
    This is one of the few novels that I still follow.. It's just sad to see it go to hiatus..

19. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume Korean publishing is taking note of Qidian's platform as a financially beneficial choice and forcing authors to go along. They'll either set up their own or allow Qidian or something similar to host their novel's translations with paywalls and monetary transactions.

20. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If that were to happen than the only choice that I have is to be a pirate lol

elengee likes this.