Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. theragingpanda

theragingpanda ‹ lost in the books ›

Reading List:
    Link
    Much info, much thanks.

2. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody got more spoilers? The transactor I am following might put this in the back burner.

3. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh I wanted to know as well, since the last few chapters have been hard for me to understand even with the MTL :(
    I have some info, but would hesitate to call them spoilers, since the story is completely lost to me by now. I used two three MTLs and each of them have messed it up more for me T_T

From what I could glean, Gear (?) is a noble(?) from another kingdom and a friend of Yulan, who is now friendly-ish with Vio as well. Then another Princess character Meghan, although the connection between them is lost to me. I think Gear is supportive but warning Yulan that Vio will be lost to him (and I am lost on the why). Got the impression that Vio is more aware of Yulan, but keeps suppressing herself and so does Yulan (yay for miscommunications and more issues later on)!

I think there is some interaction between MaryJun and Yulan (but it seems Yulan has some not nice agenda against her or he scolded her depending on the MTL version). I can't even make sense of the chapters in between, but suddenly Vio's father is interested in Vio again or has some regrets? New chapters show Vio Marin bonding and feelings. Honestly, at this point, I am just reading to find out if Yulan is the destined ML or not...

Would much appreciate if someone can correct what I wrote, or maybe spoil us with actual spoilers....

4. ggeejj

ggeejj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes i wonder either this is spoiler thread or discussion + review thread? I scroll scroll down and no spoiler.. Oh here it is.. than scroll scroll and ahh here the spoiler.

Still waiting for more detail..:sushi_peak:

chiri.ru, bochucha, karls and 4 others like this.
  5. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's Japanese webtoon/manga and they are even slow in releasing chapters. Much more in getting translated. Korean webtoon are the opposite, they are released until licensed but free transaltors to do it are very hard to find.

Avery Very and arlovebird like this.
  6. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Any news about the father? I just read the latest tranlated chapter of the manga, and honestly I want to throw the father from a cliff.

arlovebird, Azure_1802 and Moro-sama like this.
  7. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It'd be kinda stupid after all the trauma she got from her previous life she immediately gets into a relationship with another potentially unstable dude. She needs therapy more then anything, or maybe a nice stable dude after a while.I know most Asians countries don't believe in mental illnesses but seesh. And is yulan a different person too? Why didn't he help her in her previous life if he was so yandere for her. Could have even prevented her from trying to murder her sister and getting imprisoned for it. Did he even visit her when she was jailed?

Prince dude is just another case of "I find her interesting now that she's lost interest in me". Typical dude destined to lose if this turns into a shitty love triangle thing which I really hope it dosent

8. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Before you throw him off, the heck did he do? Coz I want to help you throw him off.

vesperia likes this.
  9. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay. I'm up to speed. Thank God another translator took over.
    Anyway, Dad is being a jerk, I am not expecting him to be over his love one child over the other thing and I still want to be there to throw him in a dragon pit with live dragons waiting to roast him. That said, my fave thing for the latest release is Vio's resolution on Maryjun. I always hated that she might have swept everything under the rug just because they might have a better relationship. Call me whatever, but I tend to hold grudges, especially when it comes to family and most especially siblings who become 'the clueless golden child'. I don't buy that Maryjun is innocent as pie and butter won't melt in her mouth. She has the privilege of being born to parents who love each other (especially in times where arranged marriages are the norm) and in this case, that's something Vio could have if the parents can be adults like they are supposed to be. Maryjun can act whatever she likes but if I am in Vio's shoes, resentment is growing in me since the problems aren't really solved but get excused. Her being nice doesn't y solves the problem, if that is the goal at all.

As for the prince, maybe he's gonna start into going to 'the one who might get away' phase. I am looking forward to him and Vio being friends at most and be a supporting prince rather than a love interest. At least, he's catching up on what Vio feels right now rather than assuming and being moral about it.

10. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish we can get chapter from her father's POV. It kinda pissed me off that he hates his wife but venting on his innocent daughter. I am sure he know Vio have a hard life in the past because of her psycho mother, but daddy dearest like nope, I can't torture the mother at least I can hurt the daughter.

WinnieS likes this.
  11. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this and I wish I also know the stepmother's POV. I am currently reading A Stepmother's Marchen and I am willing to throw her a chance if she's as near as the MC in that story. I also wanna see if Maryjun's perception of the family will also change. Sure, she might love her parents but I am hoping that she DOES SOMETHING. After all, she coonsider Vio as her sister and should have been empathetic to her situation.

Family dynamics, much.

The most stupid thing is, maybe Vio can wrestle her inheritance from her father? It seems the actual duchy was her mother's and not her father's. So technically, she could drive them to poverty if she so wanted.

12. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait your ready to excuse the prince but not maryjun, when there situation is pretty much the same?

And yes she can hold a grudge but itd be a stupid grudge.Have you forgotten that even when vio did try to kill her she was the only one who wanted the death penalty overturned? Not the prince, or yulan who supposed to love her. But the sister she tried to kill. Mj literally has done nothing wrong. Her biggest fault is being clueless and its seems like that's changing and becoming more aware.

This is just another example of hating other females besides the MC and not holding potential male love intrests to the same standards

gucchi, Furiae19 and Matpatpat like this.
  13. haqpiness

haqpiness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would we hold a grudge against the prince? In the past life Vio was harassing and trying to kill the person he loved while MJ is such a "good sister" that failed to see that her sister was suffering.

14. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in the previous timeline it's kinda hard to see a person suffering when that person is plotting your murder and harassing you

And the prince jumps too conclusions before knowing anything in the current timeline.MJ is dumb and cant read social cues. See they both have there flaws. And shes starting to see what's going on just as the prince is starting to become more 'mature' I guess. It's called character development. But people seem to be thinking MJ is some kind of 4d scheming goblin when she was just dumb. I think the popularity of villaness novels have made people think that any nice person is two faced and secretly evil

15. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me, I think you're trying to make an issue of something.
    First off, I don't care about potential love interests. My view on this story has been focused on family dynamics. I didn't give a shit about the prince coz I always held the belief that fighting the same guy/girl between siblings is idiotic. And I view Vio's original obsession with the prince as idiotic. So, I don't know why you are dragging prince and Yulan here. The relationship in this story for me is all about the FAMILY. Besides, why should I hold male interests in the same standards? in my culture, love interests come and go but your family SHOULD stick to and with you until everything. Family is the foremost support system you have, whether you married or not, had children or not or whatever relationship you cultivate on your own.

A grudge is a grudge is a grudge is a grudge. Sugarcoat it in whatever copious amount of sugar you want. For me, Vio might have understood Maryjun position and she decided that she is going to leave her family and go her own way. Should she delay that just because it will break MaryJun's heart? What did Maryjun for her in the current timeline to justify that? She did visit her in prison and she got points for that. But does she know the whole story? Did she understood or did she just felt pity? For me, Maryjun as a sister falls short and for someone who is the more loved and privilege, she could have done better not just for freeing Vio but also on making their family work. Again, I'm talking about family dynamics here and not including your male interests. If she doesn't want their family to work, fine. But she doesn't have the right to call Vio her sister. Vio owes Maryjun her life int the 1st timeline and my interpretation is, that is the reason why Vio is helping Maryjun takes her place. After that, I consider that both sisters are on equal ground and Vio doesn't have to owe anything to Maryjun and her family. She is still clueless about her OWN family, but she is learning her new position which allows her to survive should Vio really want to push as a nun or marry someone.

So, Maryjun cannot be hated coz she's female? Should we all stick together in everything because of what lies between our legs then? if the prince and Yulan are out of the picture, should we still agree with Maryjun in everything?

16. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    You dont have to justify not liking Maryjun. If she wants to hold a grudge against Maryjun thays fine too. Trauma and all that. But by that logic she shouldnt be able to be friends with prince either. Since he arguably is a bigger source of trauma for her then MJ.

And in the first timeline vio tired to kill her. She couldnt free her. But she argued for the death penalty to be overturned

Also you say this book is about family. On the same line of argument its more likely that you'll forgive family for for something they did then a stranger

And please stop putting words in my mouth. I didnt say Maryjun couldnt be hated cuause shes female. I pointed out the bias alot of asian novels and the community does have. Going hard on other females yet forgiving male love interests. You can see that in this thread too

I dragged the relationship between the prince into here because you were saying it's fine for her to hold a grudge against maryjun but youd want her to become friends with the Prince. In comparing those two you showed a double standard, which Is why I mentioned him

If Vio really does still hold a grudge against Maryjun yet still become friends with the prince it would be inconsistent. But thankfully the author dosent seem to be doing that. It seems to me the relationship between the sisters will be repaired and the primce in 80 percent gonna fall for Vio. So at least the writing would be consistent

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Furiae19, ardills, emersy and 2 others like this.
  17. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time I read, and that was just less than an r away, we're seeing that the prince is slowly understanding that he is dealing with a Vio that has any feeling for him anymore. Whatever he does now and how Vio reacts remains to be seen. re: the prince being a friend. I envisioned the Prince as friends with regards to Yulan as I was trying to theorize that Vio could help Yulan and the Prince to get together (coz they are loggerheads atm) as a way to get their family bullshit together. If that didn't happen, I am not losing any sleep over it.

Actually. it's the opposite. it's a deeper betrayal for me if it's my own flesh and blood. I was raised to support my family even when they are unbearable sometimes. We have this unspoken agreement that they will put up with my bullshit but they will also support me in return. Romance comes and go but your family should support you, except for me being an idiot at times.

Bias in Asian Novels? Color me surprise. I am speaking for myself when I am criticizing Maryjun because she was family. She can be a boy and he will still get the same shit. Probably more since Maryjun as a guy has more priveledges. Boys get favored more than girls even in a family dynamic, especially in the context of this story.

A relationship doesn't work consistency. Just on this story, I hate how the father treats Vio yet I can understand it coz his former wife isnt really the ideal partner. I don't begrudge him for having a 2nd family but his isolation of his own child is anathema to me. If he was consistent, he should have treatment Maryjun the same as Vio. or Vio should have been treated better (which is the ideal situation).
    But we know it's not gonna happen right now. Relationships are complex things and you're free to decide if you can make sense of consistency about them.

18. Matpatpat

Matpatpat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You did a good job of summing up what was so uncomfortable about this thread.

chiri.ru, nielyti and theilikepie like this.
  19. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw someone said they wanted to throw Vio's pop off the cliff, can i join too? This is the first time i'm so passionately want to hit a fictional character this much.
    Btw, Yulan is nice but Marin is still the best :oops:

20. crimsonrogue

crimsonrogue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I'm kind of disappointed after reading the spoilers in this thread. I know that novels and manga tend to be different beasts entirely in terms of tone, but in this case I almost feel as if they're completely separate entities. The manga makes it seem like the story is going to be about the growth between two sisters and of Vio struggling not only to escape the fate she walked herself into, but also the circumstances that helped push her over that edge. Yet from what I'm reading here Maryjun is basically a stagnant, semi antagonistic character at worst and incapable of change at best? That's... Really disappointing actually. I was excited that this story was doing something kinda new for the genre. Yet seeing that Maryjun very well might be a white lotus is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind reincarnation novels where the siblings and family are hurdles the protagonist must overcome. I wouldn't be re-reading The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage if I didn't have tolerance for the concept. Yet I think this might be the first time I'm honestly resentful the tone set in the manga isn't true to the novel - because I honestly preferred it.

Ah well I think I'll shelve this one and put it on my watch list till it's finished and I can know how it ends.