Looking for a shoe rack

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Oct 11, 2019.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who would have thought, looking for a shoe rack would be this tough—this hard.

Oh, I did bought one. I think it’s called cube shoe rack or something on Amazon. It came nice and neat; pretty design, with 97% of the parts. Let’s see, here’s the list of the wrong: one missing screen, a broken screen, and some missing hooks. I tried to talk to the seller. No reply. Then I forgot all about it.

Three months later, I sat at my foldable makeshift couch and mysteriously found myself staring at the back of the shoe rack—the upper cube that was missing a back screen. I was really annoy that I was seeing the shoes from where I was sitting. It was just not proper and decent. Then I remembered that I sent a message to the seller and “it” never got back to me. I called amazon later that night—yes that night; and file a complaint. The rep really didn’t know what to do with me and had me put on hold while he chatted with his Lead. Eventually, they would let me return it for a refund, despite the fact that I had it over the 90 days or so. Did really I have the item over the 90 days? Idk. I didn’t check the order status. I just call amazon.

I really just wanted parts. But nope, that won’t do. I had to return the whole thing. So I bought another cube shoe rack from another company. Also from amazon. I didn’t quite like all the open spaces and pockets of this one, but it was either this or nothing cube size. Who would have known that when I was putting it together, I really did not like how the dust and tiny dirt particulars were clinging even on the sides of the cubes that was blacker than black; unlike my missing-parts-old-cube rack that I had returned, who had a matte black and glossy swirl designs.

It like a dating kind of thing. I am remembering my old ex with loose hooks and missing parts—like loose screws and missing morals (
    I think a different metaphor would be better; loose morals sound like he’s a criminal
    ).Now that I have a new partner, I am nit-picking the new partner’s habit of keeping and grabbing dirt and dust—you know wondering eyes and unwanted drama to clean up after. The new isn’t quite like the one. I guess I’ll always find something I prefer about the old and forever gone things. Simply, because they’re gone. We humans just tend to have this love and yearning for the things we can’t see anymore. It’s kinda weird. Like we r addicted to misery. Maybe it’s just me. Humans are so vast. After all, I cannot be taken as the standard model for all human. It would be a shame and belittling the human race. Let’s give us some more respect. Oh wait, let’s not get off topic.

Back to the topic, you got any good shoe rack to suggest? Seriously, I am just looking for a shoe rack. An actual shoe rack. Please don’t give my username out. I am not looking for a date. That is all just a metaphor.

Idk if I wanna stick with a cube shoe rack. I have been considering a row-two-columns show racks. There is an affordable one with cheap black over coat and roll up door flap.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    mir and Deleted member 38284 like this.
  2. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I keep my shoes at the entrance of the apartment on a small shelf and use these plastic supports to separate them.
    It's hard to recommend something without knowing the exact measurements you're looking for but I always wanted to have one like this...Unfortunately I didn't have enough space for it...

mir and Deleted member 38284 like this.
  3. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to ikea and buy a shoe rack that you like. You can also order parts seperately from ikea. If that isn't enough the buy some wood and make your own shoe rack that perfectly fits all your desires.

Ai chan and Deleted member 38284 like this.
  4. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    That second is too sophisticated. Would it be too heavy? What happen when your shoes is super dirty? Cause I have lazy kids at home who like to hike but never clean their dirty shoes from those hiking expeditions. I can’t go with yours either. Since my tv is right by the door, I don’t want to be staring at the shoes whenever I watch a film. The whole reason why I was annoyed that the ex-cube was missing a back screen.

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  5. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    If only I have someone who can make me a nice shoe rack. :blobmelt:

6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    This may actually be the strangest thread in NUF history, and that's probably not an easy feat to match

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  7. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    next time. . . do the "diy" . . . .
    it would look much better and fit well. . .
    and another add on sentimental value. . .

8. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    We have a kind of wardrobe/storage thing at the entrance too so I keep a separate plastic box for my husband's hiking boots and snowshoes in there. I see...Do you have something like this then?

9. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's tag @Ai chan and see how it turns out.

mir, Ai chan and Sabruness like this.
  10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    eegads, racoon person. are you trying to destroy the very fabric of the universe? :blob_coffee::blob_catflip:
    :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

mir, Ai chan and raitei like this.
  11. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

mir, Ai chan and Sabruness like this.
  12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, buying shoe racks off Amazon is for normalfags. It's what you get when you have a normal partner or don't but want to pretend like you're normal despite the big skeleton in your back yard that seems to say, "Psst, come here." It doesn't help that the neighbour is kinda wacky with a bunch of old nintendo games he's trying to push on you for $100 claiming that it's a treasure from bygone era.

Normal people swipe it from IKEA or the local mall. It's plainly small enough to carry in the train. The box isn't too big either. You also get to complain right away and you can personally see their sales rep bowing and apologizing to you as their supreme god whenever you go back to complain about missing screws. Unlike with Amazon staff who are already overworked and underpaid, you can be their evil god by ruining their cozy daily lives by simply walking back in and complaining that there's a scratch on your shoe rack.

Anyway, if cost is not an issue, this one looks cool. Ai-chan has similar to this one but in black colour. It's hard to clean the blood off white surfaces when Ai-chan eats girls.
    [​IMG]

mir, raitei and Sabruness like this.
  13. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, I bought something like that. It just have internal dividers for half the cubes.

Amazon workers are overworked and underpaid? Overwork, I agree. Underpaid? That's debatable. I have cousin roughly 5 towns away that works for amazon. She complains about the long work hours and how tired she gets coming home, but she never complains about her pay. So, I guess it is decent since she is getting pay 13 per an hour. Even my season factory doesn't pay the 13--it's 12 here. When my friend started at Amazon, she was paid roughly 15 an hour. I can't say it is bad. Nowadays, companies are becoming more sly and self-serving than appreciating their employees. Or maybe that is how it has always been?

Anyway, your shoe racks must be something nice. I can't put that by my door. It is too tall. My ex-shoe rack and current shoe rack stretch about 31 inches long and 35 inches high. So think of it as two columns and 3 rows of cubes. Right behind it is the TV, so having it short is an advantage here.

Ai chan likes this.