Mini RPG Cloud City (Freeform RPG)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by fuyuuri, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Dravde

Dravde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dravde

Date: 9.10.2519
    Bank: 15$
    Job: Writer/Story Teller
    Expenses: 1$
    Entry:

The day seems to have changed while I was finalizing my rooftop campsite. The starry sky is beatiful. Good thing this city is flying above the toxic clouds and only regular clouds can be seen here.

Yesterday while returning back I bought a weirdly named bread because it was cheap... it truly lives upto it's name Really boring Bread @fuyuuri
    I wish they added more sugar or some filling.

As the day progressed I noticed something interesting...
    The people here live and see the world in their own time zone. For me the date has just changed but to others it could've changed already or they are still in yesterday.
    Some are just getting off work, others are going to sleep and even people who are waking up for their mornings. People here are used to this and have made their society fuctional even when everyone is living in their own time.

Heh. What an interesting place I've tripped into this time. I guess it is time to sleep the beatiful night away.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  2. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: Tuesday, October 8, 2519 (pt 2)
    Bank: 50$
    Job: Mannequin at Spinster's Boutique (50$ a day)
    Expenses: N/A
    Entry:

First on the agenda! WFB says that Earthlings value currency! So! How does one make currency?

Tacky scratched her head. She didn't really have many talents. She could secrete slime with different effects yes, but would anyone want them? She could also sell her alien tech watch since it's broken...surely her advanced tech would be worth something here...right? Ugh, Tacky was never good at this deciding business. That's the good thing about being a Beta389, all the decisions were assigned to smarter Beta389's specifically raised for the role!

"Hey you! Yes you! The big blue guy!"

Hah? Tacky turned and didn't see anyone...but, no one else had blue skin?

"Down here you dumb oaf! I swear, if I were a lesser woman I'd have just skinned you and been done with it already."

Tacky looked down to find a squat short woman with bronze skin, curly red hair, and a beard down to her knees.

"That's better. Look, name's Dahlia Spinster, and I'm looking to hire someone to stand and model off the clothes I make. Usually I wouldn't be recruiting like this but...I particularly like the look of your blue skin, and you're definetly tall enough to attract attention wherever you go. So, what say you, interested?"

Tacky blinked. Well, that was convenient! "Sure! When do I start?"

The woman grinned, cackled, and spit on the sidewalk. "Follow me kid, and don't stare too long at the more monsterous citizens...you'll fit right in as long as you don't offend anyone."

Dahlia led Tacky on a short walk through various alley's until they arrived at a small quaint shop located in what she called, "Monster's Market."

It was quite a bustling place with obviously inhuman characters of all kinds.

"Alright kid, all you have to do is put whatever clothes I give you on, and stand unmoving in front of the window until closing time. Can you do that? Because I've fired way too many idiots, and ski- and kil- oh sod it all, if you mess up I'll make you into a rug like all the others, kapeesh?!"

Tacky gulped and wondered idly if it was like this everywhere on Earth...then she gathered her determination and shouted, "Yes Ma'am!"

Dahlia looked at her and grimanced, "It's boss to you Tallstuff, now get to work!"

Five hours later, a reluctantly impressed Dahlia was handing Tacky her wages. "Damn kid, you don't even look tired!"

"This is nothing, I have spent countless hours slaving over textbooks and trying to make sure my hand's don't shake when wielding a scalpel!"

Dahlia raised her thick, bushy eyebrows, "A surgeon huh? How'd that work out for you?"

Tacky deflated and mumbled, "Failed the test..."

Dahlia nodded, "That's rough, but hey- you don't exactly look like a regular here. Do you have a place to stay? I'd hate to lose such a good manneq- employee to some random monster looking for an easy snack."

Tacky shook her head, "I hadn't even thought about it.."

Dahlia grinned and slapped her thigh, "That's go- I mean that's terrible, but I have some good news. I've been looking to rent a spare room out above the shop, and if you're interested, all you have to do is clean the place up every night after I leave and lock up. What say you?"

Tacky was ecstatic, "Sounds great Boss!"

"That's the spirit! I can tell we're going to get along just fine..."

Personal Shop:

Blue Slime - Smells like Lemons and is a cleaning Agent

Green Slime - Tastes like apples and can substitute for a meal nutritional wise, but causes stomach cramps if overused.

Red Slime - Spicy! Good for warding off mosquitos and unwanted suitors.

Yellow Slime - Smells and tastes like dirt- will unwilt wilted plants.

White Slime - Smells like flowers, attracts small animals and bees.

(No prices, since Tacky doesn't know about the instamarket yet)

3. Alchyr

Alchyr Master of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    Sana

Date: Tuesday, October 8, 25xx
    Bank: $2820 (+9)
    Job: Hoping people visit her house and buy stuff ($20/day, but maybe it'll go up as more people know her.)
    Expenses: $50 per day for food/basic ingredients for stuff she sells (She is buying a small house with monthly payments of $800)
    Entry:

Alright, sitting inside and waiting is way too boring. People can just buy stuff on the InstaMarket anyways, so there's not much point. Speaking of which, the person I bought bread from sent me a really friendly message along with buying one of my potions... I see now why she named the bread that way. It matches her personality. I typed a quick response-

Hello, thank you for purchasing one of my potions, as well as for the meal. I'd just like to inform you that the basic restorative will accelerate the healing of injuries that will heal naturally, but it will not help with anything permanent. So, broken bones/scratches, it'll speed things up a bit, but lose a limb and it's gone.
    Your bread is pretty good, though plain. Perhaps you could try making some herb bread? Rosemary and Thyme work quite well, I believe.
    If I have the time, I may come by and visit. Until then, have a nice day.

Writing messages is so tiring. I can't help but feel like I need to be formal, even though I don't have to anymore. Maybe I'll manage to break this habit eventually. I guess I'll just go on a walk now and see what I encounter.

Shop:
    • Basic Stamina Potion: $6 each
    • Basic Restorative Potion: $9 each

fuyuuri likes this.
  4. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    Jun:

Date: Tuesday 10-8-2519
    Bank: $100
    Job: Hedge Wizard Unemployed
    Expenses: $5/day (food)
    Entry:

Cloudy day.
    I am running low on funds.
    Money is necessary.
    I have heard that Cloud City is a good place make some quick cash.
    Here now to recover my savings so I can go back to the Surface.

A little bit lazy to write much.
    Will sleep under the stars on a rooftop.
    I am used to sleeping outdoors, in nature.
    But there are not enough trees here.

Thinking I will sell spices.
    Found a small plot of soil, can plant some more seeds.
    Feed them with my magic, this will grow even if conditions not ideal.
    This InstaMarket thing is very strange.
    Not sure how to use the app.
    Will try my best.

+ + +

Shop:

1. All-Natural Traditional Black Peppercorn - $5 per jar
    Grind this peppercorn to make fresh black pepper. This product is hand-cultivated from traditional heritage strains of the P. nigrum (pepper) plant preserved from over 500 years old ago, dating from before the toxic destruction of the Surface. Nowhere else can you find such an authentic taste for traditional organic black pepper. In contrast, modern black pepper in the supermarket is genetically modified and synthesized in a laboratory.

2. All-Natural Traditional Sugarcane - $3 per stick
    Mill this sugarcane to make sugarcane juice (which can be further processed into sugar). This product is hand-cultivated from traditional heritage strains of the S. officinarum (sugarcane) plant preserved from over 500 years old ago, dating from before the toxic destruction of the Surface. Nowhere else can you find such an authentic taste for traditional organic sugarcane. In contrast, modern sugar in the supermarket is chemically synthesized in a laboratory.

3. All-Natural Traditional Garlic - $1 per bulb
    A single bulb of hand-cultivated garlic. This product is hand-cultivated from traditional heritage strains of the A. sativum (garlic) plant preserved from over 500 years old ago, dating from before the toxic destruction of the Surface. Nowhere else can you find such an authentic taste for traditional organic garlic grown using traditional methods.

Pyoo likes this.
  5. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Name: Maya
    Race: Human
    History:
    Born in slums of Ostrava, surface city on the edge of danger zone.

First 12 years of her life were extremely unremarkable, living in relative safety of her "home" if somewhat large tent can truly be called such.

While violence and worse was reality of daily life in slums for many, Maya always found it easy to stay out of trouble. Head down, stay silent, slip trough the crowd and NEVER be out in dark were words she lived by.

Until she couldn't. Week before her 13th birthday, evacuation of city was declared. Of course, slums were not included in this effort.

Of those left behind, some tried fleeing on their own, some hunkered down in preparation for what was to come and some, turned to violence.

Maya lost everything in first month since authorities left the city. Family simply gone, without a trace when she returned from one of her scavenging trips, tent stolen few days later. Her only friend died from disease soon after.

These were a desperate times. Constant fear and weakness dulled her mind and led her to commit acts she wasn't proud of, but unlike many others, Maya survived.

It took seven years before state of those left behind caught attention of public. Symbolic effort was made to rescue them, but of those few still alive at this point, fewer still were deemed worthy of expending effort to do so.

Fortunately, Maya was included.

Abilities:
    1. Mystery meat: Dont ask, its delicious and completely free to make!
    2. Makeshift protection gear: Would need to get some old clothes, a bit of dirt, water and glasses. Effectiveness? Questionable. But hey, Maya is still alive so it must work, no?
    3. Petty theft: produces some pocket change or small item. Ingredients? Unlucky bystander~
    4. Makeshift smoke bomb: When theres no crowd to hide in, use shadows. And when those fail? Make your own! Ingredients: Sugar, fertilizer, baking soda (optional)
    5. Make shelter: Acid rain or just chilly night? Have no fear, for Maya is here! With few planks, some fabric or other pieces of trash, somewhat ok-ish shelter can be made.
    Inventory:
    • $5
    • Few pieces of clothing
    • Small knife
    • Magical lighter
    • Refugee token - Can be used to sleep at shelter and use its facilities

6. Dravde

Dravde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dravde

Date: 9.10.2519
    Bank: 13$
    Expenses: 2$
    Entry:

Now that I've gotten something to eat, I should check out the city some more. My tent seems to be located at the border of the central and outer parts of the city. All the shops and businesses are located at the central area, while the outer area is for residental use.

The residental area isn't that bad. Let's see if I can find a cheap place to stay at. I want a quiet place if possible.

Looks like someone got into an accident... It doesn't seem that bad, but I should check it out anyway. "Hey, need any help?" "Ya mate! Ya got any potions or something?" "No, but I can fix you up with a First Aid Kit with stuff around here. Just wait a minute."

"Thanks mate! Ya've been real help."
    "Don't worry about it. Just get some rest so that you can fully heal."
    "Ya know, that Kit of yours is real useful. Ya got a shop where you sell this stuff?"
    "My friend, I live in a tent. I just got here yesterday."
    "Well what about the InstaMarket?"

"The insta-whatnow?"
    "The InstaMarket! Ya can set up a store with ya com! People here set up all sorts of shops in Cloud City."
    "I have no comunicator."
    "What!? No com!? Where did a fellow like ya pop out from? Everyone has one in Cloud City."
    "..." (Well I literally poped out of a dimensional storm...)
    "I have an old one at my house. Ya can take it as thanks for helping me."
    "Thank you."
    "No prob. Ya help me, me help ya.

I guess I'll return to the tent and sort things out. I'll also set up a shop in this InstaMarket thingy.

Shop:
    • Basic First Aid Kit: 7$ Can be used to patch up wounds/sprains, stop bleeding and splints to fix broken limbs in place. Has extra space to put potions and antidotes.
    • Machine Build/Repair: Negotiable$ I can build/fix basic industrial level engineering systems if materials and tools are provided.
    • Material&Structure Crafting: Negotiable$ I can create basic wood/metal materials and simple wooden structures (fence, shelter, etc) if materials and tools are provided.

7. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: Wednesday, October 9, 2519
    Bank: 50$ + 50 - 37 = 63$
    Entry:

"...and done, I've successfully downloaded the instamarket app for you."

Tacky blinked, "Wow! I didn't know the WFB389 Tablet could do that!"

The tall, pale man only grinned, and stood eerily silent next to her. "So uh, what's it for, anyway?"

Some might criticize Tacky for talking to the first shady stranger to stop her outside of the shop, but Tacky had already admitted she wasn't the best at making decisions. If one were to still complain, she would scratch her head in distress and wail about being outside the comforts of home- where she just didn't need to think that hard.

So, Tacky stopped to chat with the pale stranger with the strange fanged smile. Except...he had just stared at her for a good three minutes before he eventually started talking. At the time he looked a bit frustrated, but Tacky forgot all about that when he offered to show her this really interesting app that everyone in town used!

"Well, it's a market app. Citizens post pictures of the items they produce and list a price. Once someone buys it, the money is then transferred over to their account and your items get delivered via drones...."

Tacky took a moment to process that, "Cool!" She exclaimed. They stood in silence. He seemed to be waiting for something. His eyes flashed red for a second before he broke and sighed. "I take my payments in blood. So if you don't mind?"

Tacky blinked, he wanted blood?

She grinned, "Oh! Are those what the fangs are for? Neat! Just don't take too much, okay?" Tacky offered him a pale blue wrist.

A look of nirvana crossed over his face as he took a bite. Tacky patted his head. He reminded her of the blood-sucking Betats that a lot of her kind kept as pets. Sort of similar to the rats of this world, except with wings, fangs, and a fluffy tail! Ah, good times.

The man reluctantly removed his fangs, and Tacky watched as the wounds scabbed over. Wow! If only the Betats were so thoughtful.

"...you know that app also doubles as a social media platform the citizens use to contact each other. Let me input my ID for you..."

Tacky smiled and accepted. What a nice man! "Sure! Okay!"

With a parting wave his last words were, "Don't forget to contact me if you need anything. Payment is always in blood." And he melted into the shadows.

"Neat!" Tacky thought enthusiastically as she headed back into the shop to laze around in the attic. She was going to explore, but now she just wanted to look at this new app he showed her! Tacky was very interested in this Earth's culture, and in a way, she was completing the mission she was given before she wound up here! This made Tacky feel a lot better about herself.

So without further adue, Tacky created an account and started scrolling through the items listed for sale.

The first thing Tacky looked at was, of course, food. Eating the nutrient solution wasn't ideal, and she would do almost anything to avoid using it for as long as possible! So, Tacky searched and found what was labeled as...really boring bread.

She blinked. What did that mean? Did it mean eating the bread would make her bored?! Tacky started getting a little excited. She would try this bread!

@fuyuuri Tacky enthusiastically pressed the buy button and watched as her original 100$ went down to 99$. (Buys x1 really boring bread)

Whoa! The power of currency is strong! Tacky felt very powerful. Look at her, making her own decisions! She'd still rather consult her fellow Beta389 though...

Tacky ignored that thought and scrolled some more while she waited.

Food was accounted for, but if Tacky wasn't eating the nutrient solution, then she would also need something to drink! Of course she could always just drink water, but where was the fun in that? The culture? The adventure!

Tacky frowned as she looked at the drink selection. Why was it so boring? Soda, juice, alcohol! Even the Beta389 had these things! She was kind of dissapointed...so she changed to the alternative drinks instead! She didn't know what potions were, but surely they must taste good right? Hmm, Tacky was indecisive. She decided to message a local seller and ask!

@Alchyr
    Good day Sana! What exactly, do your potions taste and smell like? Are they pleasant? They sound pleasant! But I wanted to make extra sure! So, they taste good right? Right? :aww:?

After that was sent, Tacky resigned herself to water until they got back to her. The last thing she bought was a case of 100 tiny jars for 20$, some labels for 5$, a pen for 1$, and some common household supplies for 10$. All of a sudden, Tacky found herself with only 63$ left of her original 100.

"Wow! The power of currency is addicting!" Tacky exclaimed.

Then the drones arrived one by one, and Tacky found herself the most excited to try the bread!

Inspecting seemingly plain bread with narrowed eyes, Tacky delicately sliced a piece off and took a bite.

Whoa! Such plain! Much bore! Tacky was very satisfied! This world she found herself in was so interesting. Tacky gave the seller a stellar five star review! She added a few of the weird emojo things as well!

Sleepy face! Heart! Another Heart! Thumbs up! Exclamation mark!

Tacky nodded in satisfaction and posted it.

Still though, Tacky could make this bread a lot better with a little of her green slime! So of course, she pointed her finger at the slice of bread and concentrated. When she had a sufficient amount, she spread the slime with a knife and chomped it!

Yum! Apples! Unfortunately, it ruined the bread's fantastically boring taste as well. Tacky felt only a little bit apologetic though. Her slime tasted so much better inside or on foods than by itself!

When she was finished, Tacky sighed and eyed all the tiny jars she had bought. It was going to be a long night.

Personal Shop:

Jar of Blue Goop x20 - Cleaning agent! Smells like lemons and is all natural. Add a bit to some clean water and stir for best use. 5 uses per jar. (5$)

Jar of Green Nutritional Goop x20 - Tastes like apples and has all the nutrition you need for one meal! Each jar comes with three servings! To prevent stomach cramps and constipation, have a regular meal if you eat only Jam for a day. Otherwise, you can subsist on it indefinetly if you space out other meals inbetween. (5$)

Jar of Red Goop x20 - Pleasantly spicy with a little bit of tang. Stir a little of this in your preferred beverage or food of choice every day and live a life free of annoying suitors at the cost of your breath burning nose hair! Alternatively, you can burn it like a candle and keep bugs and other creepy insects away from you! Has a nice pumpkin spice smell. Each jar contains enough for 7 uses a day when eating it, or a 1 day use of burning it. (5$)

Jar of Yellow Goop x 20 - Smells and tastes like dirt, but guaranteed that your plants will love it. One dose every week will keep your plants healthy and happy, without any work on your own part. Simply scoop out half and gently pat into the dirt of the plant you're using it on. Each jar contains two doses. (5$)

Jar of White Goop x20 - Attracts small animals and bees! Can be used as bait, or burned to smell like flowers. If you burn it however, be aware that it will attract bees. Docile bees though! 7 uses in each jar, 1 day use when burned. (5$)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Pyoo likes this.
  8. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: 10/10/19
    Bank: 1000$-25$ -8$
    Job: Clockwork shop owner
    Expenses: 1000 $ a month
    Entry:
    Cillin 4L70,

After a frustrating night of trying to clean the shop with water and a mop it occurred to me to look at the instaMarket. Indeed there seem to be useful entries. I should try this blue gelatin.
    @Innieminnie 5 jars of blue goop should be more than enough to clean a shop, right? (buys x5 jars of blue goop: - 25$)
    @Dravde May I request from you to help me set up a stall for selling merchandise in the monster Market? (Negotiating structure crafting: 5$?)
    Also @Innieminnie 's blog mentions a broken watch of advanced technology? I am quite interested in its mechanism. How much do you think would be a worthy exchange? How about a vintage clockwork pocket watch in exchange? It is quite durable.

Personal Shop :

- Pocket watch crafting I : a durable and simple clockwork pocket watch. Is very accurate in keeping time, uses magic to stay wound so does not require charging. Custom orders for engravings or designs can be made.
    - Prosthetic Limb I : a simple prosthetic arm or leg made from wood, leather, and metal gears. Thanks to android technology, the user can control the prosthetic as their own limb.
    - Wind up Toy I : a simple wind up toy for entertainment. Can be a toy musician, a toy train, or other similar shape.
    - Music box I : a small music box that can play a simple melody. A song score must be given because I have none available at the moment.

I noticed that we dont have a format that includes our character names in our posts. It isnt a big problem but it might be more comfortable to have the character name somewhere easy to read so that we can easily tell who is the character writing, and maybe grow familiar with their names?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  9. Dravde

Dravde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dravde

Date: 10.10.2519
    Bank: 28$ (+20, -5)
    Expenses: 5$ Food/Day
    Entry:

Yesterday evenings storytelling went alot better than expected. Seems like the first group told their friends and families about me. No wonder there was a bigger crowd even though I decided to go over there later than last time.

Let's check the InstaMarket for a bit...
    What's with all these goops? Now I understand what the fellow said about all sorts of shops. Wait... This blue goop looks useful.
    @Innieminnie I'll buy 1 Jar of Blue Goop.

Oh! Someone sent me a deal negotiation. Let's see...
    @kyoshijiro "Dear Sir Cillin 4L70, as long as the work is only assembly and doesn't take longer than an hour then your price is reasonable. Here is what I think the price should be depending on the circumstances."
    Negotiating structure crafting (Market Stall):
    • Assembly only: 5$/hour
    • Assembly and materiel modification: 8$/hour
    • Building material crafting and assembly 15$/hour
    Well then what else can I find here... Oh, it's the shop with the Boring Bread. It's actually getting sold... There is even a review? 5 stars and a bunch of emojis? It's from the goop seller? Are they high on their goop or something...

I guess I'll leave a review too. @fuyuuri
    I'll leave a 3 stars since it was really boring to eat... wait...???
    It's called Really Boring Bread... and it really was really boring...
    It was perfectly as it was described... 5 stars???.... My head hurst...
    5 Stars: "Lives perfectly up to it's name. Please make some bread with more sugar and also some with filling. (I like chocolate, wink wink)"

...Me and my chocoholic cravings...
    Let's keep exploring for a place to stay.

Bank: 23$ (-5)

Shop:

• Basic First Aid Kit: 7$ Can be used to patch up wounds/sprains, stop bleeding and splints to fix broken limbs in place. Has extra space to put potions and antidotes.
    • Machine Build/Repair: Negotiable$ I can build/fix basic industrial level engineering systems if materials and tools are provided.
    • Material&Structure Crafting: Negotiable$ I can create basic wood/metal materials and simple wooden structures (fence, shelter, etc) if materials and tools are provided

10. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link

I can procure some materials, but since you will likely have to modify them to make a stall, I shall employ your services for 8$ an hour.
    I express my gratitude

11. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    Bank: 63$ + 80 = 143$
    Entry:
    Tacky Longjohns

Tacky woke up with a label stuck to her face and was greeted with a hundred tiny jars, all filled with an assortment of colorful goop.

She yawned and noticed the window was open. It seemed she was missing six jars of the blue goop!

Burglar?!

Waaah! A goop burglar! How will Tacky- the WFB tablet was vibrating. Tacky scratched her head. How come it never did that before?

She picked up her tablet and swiped up.

Oh! Someone bought her goop! That makes sense! Tacky felt kind of silly now. Still! Cleanliness must be popular on this earth if she sold six jars already!

...Oh there's a notification still pending to be read. Tacky clicked it. Someone messaged her!

But...Tacky made a small sound of distress..how did this...Cillin 4L70 know about her watch?! What was a blog?!

Wait! Tacky calmed down. When she was making an account she had to fill in a form...it said that it would be her profile page? Tacky didn't realize it would display her life to the whole Instamarket!

Embarrassed, Tacky messed with the Instamarket and indeed found all the information she inputted on display. Worse, she found it was optional! Tacky once again found herself missing her fellow Beta389.

She sighed and stared at Cillin 4L70's message once again. He seemed very much interested in tinkering with it. An antique clockwork watch hmm? It seems this Cillin also had a shop set up.

Wha?! Toys that walk?! Customised toys that walk?! Tacky felt herself getting excited! Did that mean she could get little toy versions of herself and her boss!? Would her boss even want one?!

As a Beta389, Tacky, like all her kind, was raised in daycare laboratories until they reached the age of fifty and took the test that decided their future. Inside the laboratory however, Tacky and the other children were encouraged to learn instead of play and were never given any toys. Those smart enough made their own, and were usually recruited very early on to become engineers or something similar.

Tacky was not, unfortunately, smart enough, and she had made her peace with that. Toys though...she had always wanted one! The other Beta389, were they here, would have made fun of her for still having such a childish mindset but..! They weren't here! And Tacky could do whatever she heckin' pleased!

So, with sparkles in her eyes, Tacky typed a reply back to Cillin 4L70, who in her mind, was a jolly fat man with really clean clothes.

@kyoshijiro
    Hello Cillin 4L70! You must really like to be clean to buy so much blue goop! Thank you for your patronage! You wished to purchase my advanced technologic watch, correct? It's a bit broken though, but very worth it! I never had problems with it before now anyway. I'll trade it to you for two wind-up toys! One that looks like me [attached picture], and one that looks like my boss [attached picture]! I hope you accept! I'm really excited about your works! They look so interesting! ~ Tacky Longjohns

With that sent, Tacky looked at the other person who purchased something from her.

Oh! He bought that bread too! They had so much in common! He even left a five star review like she did! But why would he want to change the best thing about the really boring bread? That was its best feature!
    Wait...they had chocolate on this earth?! Chocolate was a rare delicasy on her home planet! They had to pay millions of credits to get it shipped from who knows where, and only the big bosses got to eat it regularly! Tacky had never tried it before, but it had always sounded delicious! And Tacky really loved delicious things. Tacky immediately typed in chocolate and found a few sellers.

Hmm, antique chocolate bar? How expensive...ah..it seems chocolate was somehow rare over here too. Maybe...maybe her fanged friend could get her some chocolate? Tacky had to think some more on this. For now though, she had to get ready for work.

Onwards!

(Tacky Longjohns') Personal Shop:

Jar of Blue Goop x14 - Cleaning agent! Smells like lemons and is all natural. Add a bit to some clean water and stir for best use. 5 uses per jar. (5$)

Jar of Green Nutritional Goop x20 - Tastes like apples and has all the nutrition you need for one meal! Each jar comes with three servings! To prevent stomach cramps and constipation, have a regular meal if you eat only Jam for a day. Otherwise, you can subsist on it indefinetly if you space out other meals inbetween. (5$)

Jar of Red Goop x20 - Pleasantly spicy with a little bit of tang. Stir a little of this in your preferred beverage or food of choice every day and live a life free of annoying suitors at the cost of your breath burning nose hair! Alternatively, you can burn it like a candle and keep bugs and other creepy insects away from you! Has a nice pumpkin spice smell. Each jar contains enough for 7 uses a day when eating it, or a 1 day use (24 hours) of burning it. (5$)

Jar of Yellow Goop x 20 - Smells and tastes like dirt, but guaranteed that your plants will love it. One dose every week will keep your plants healthy and happy, without any work on your own part. Simply scoop out half and gently pat into the dirt of the plant you're using it on. Each jar contains two doses. (5$)

Jar of White Goop x20 - Attracts small animals and bees! Can be used as bait, or burned to smell like flowers. If you burn it however, be aware that it will attract bees. Docile bees though! 7 uses in each jar, 1 day use (24 hours) when burned. (5$)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Pyoo and kyoshijiro like this.
  12. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: 11/10/19
    Bank: 967$
    Expenses: 1000$/month
    Entry:
    Cillin 4L70

The shop is now clean, it will soon be able to accept customers.
    The blue gelatine was surprisingly effective. After mixing a handful with a bucket of water, the water would swiftly dissolve all filth it came in contact with. I was quite emberassed when I noticed that my arms became markedly cleaner then the rest of me, oh dear.

I will need to buy furniture next, perhaps I will look for semeone on the instamarket again.

The one called Tacky has responded to my request, fortunately she is willing to trade.

@Innieminnie
    My gratitude for doing business with you,
    I was quite pleased with your blue goop.
    I certainly prefer to be clean than otherwise, but to say I 'really like' to be clean is the same as stating I 'really like' to breath, an unnecessary act one does to appear alive. How humerous.
    I bought multiple jars because I was unsure of the quantity necessary to clean two rooms, and I will need it in the future for continued maintenance of the shop anyway.

Two wind up toys shall be made soon to trade for your watch. It is the first time I was asked to make a toy of a specific person, I hope it will live up to expectations. ~Cillin 4L70

Since the product was satisfactory I shall leave a review @Innieminnie
    5 stars: the product was satisfactory.

Now it should be time to head to the monster market to set up a stall.

Cillin's Personal Shop
    - Pocket Watch I : a simple and durable pocket watch. It is kept wound by magic, lasts indefinitely, is durable. (200$)
    - Music Box I : A small music box ,can only produce a simple melody. A music score must be provided as Cillin has non at the moment. (140$)
    - Prosthetic Limb I : a simple prosthetic larm or leg made from wood, gears, and magic. Can be controlled like your own limb. (400$)
    - Wind Up Toy I : a simple wind up toy that can move.Can be a person, a train, or other form on request. (40$)

Innieminnie likes this.
  13. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: 10/11/19
    Bank: 143$ + 50
    Entry:
    Tacky Longjohns

I'm so glad you feel that way! Really, it depends how big the room is! Just mix in a fifth of the jar in some clean water and then change the water as needed, or use a fifth on on a load of laundry!

Is it? I never thought about it that way! You're a very interesting person! I wish I could look at your brain! But I'm much too squeamish and that ship has already sailed for me!

How can it be the first time!? What shapes do you usually make them in then? I'm very interested to know! I'm even more excited to see the final product now!

Also! Thanks for the review!

:blobhug::blobhero::blobpats::blobrofl:! ~ Tacky Longjohns

14. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: 12/10/19
    Entry:
    Cillian 4L70

Today has been a busy day. After setting up the stall in the monster market I placed some merchandise on the table to sell. A few tens of pocket watches of different designs, as well as some toy soldiers and trains.
    Unfortunately I lost memory of any music scores, so I can't make any music boxes.

There were a large variety of people traversing the market.
    Of most note was a humanoid that stood over 4 meters tall, with large horns and a wonderfully comfortable looking mane of hair, made all the more envious due to the petite girl fumofuing the mane while sleeping on his shoulder.

My most popular product are the wind up toys. I have sold ten of them over the course of the day. Many of the customers showed childlike interest in them, how curious.
    I am worried that my favorite watches aren't popular.

I feel strangely tired, I must be running low on mana.
    I will just respond to this message beforehand.

@Innieminnie
    I would be happy if you do not try to open my head to look at my brain, as it is a vital part of my construction and is necessary for my continued existence. I shall happily wave at that ship(?) from a fair distance.

Most customers, children and their intermediary parents, request for animals such as dogs, horses, cats, and dragons. Other requests are robots and ships. Trains are my default products, so they are not required to be requested.

Your custom order shall be ready by at most 7 hours. I shall use the instamarket barter system to trade it for your watch.
    Have a pleasent planetary rotation. ~Cillin

Cillin Personal Shop:
    -Pocket watch
    -Wind up Toy
    -Prosthetic limb
    -music box

15. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Date: 14/10/19
    Expenses: +1020$(sell) - 1000$(rennovations)
    Entry:
    Cillian 4L70,

Over the past couple of days I have managed to sell quite a many toys, and a few pocket watches.
    I would only spend 8 hours at the market, while the rest of the time was spent preparing my real shop for business.
    It is now open to customers!
    Please visit the Cogsworth shop and look around!

In order for people to come to the shop I must spend most of my time there. But for a while I will continue to set up a stall at the monster market once a week.

Now that I have settled my livelihood I now have free time.
    First thing to do is map out my surroundings.

Does anybody know of some landmarks or interesting locations to visit?

Cogsworth Merchandise:
    -pocket watches
    -wind up toys
    -prosthetic limb
    -music box

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019