Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "What does a taste of new family taste like?" :sweating_profusely:

Prime Minister continues to try and sell the demon king fragment equipment, again restating something we learned from Van's side a while back that anything he produces with the fragments is no longer "alive", like a cut off piece of hair or clipped fingernail. We also finally get to meet someone from the territory that's supporting Asagi in his research of tech to null the death attribute, a fox beast person (I wonder if that territory / Duke is the beast person one, since humans tend to be bigoted towards most other races being in positions of power on Lambda, as we were just reminded from Duke Jahan's backstory.)

Interesting detail too: Jahan's indeed totally switched sides / fully guided now, with him saying he won't use "Familiar's Descent" when testing Terkatanis' shield because he's worried Vida's familiar will show up or even one of Van's alter egos, and not wanting the prime minister to know whose side he's on. (probably also why Van finally got the [Titan Emperor] apparently title: he's finally got pretty much all the Titans on both sides of boundry mountain range on his side now with Duke Jahan joining the team.)

Like the fact Sauron Duchy is so at wits end from the Scylla territory stuff they actually want to adopt the devil fragment equipment, only for everyone else to shout them down because giving high end equipment to their low level soldiers (after getting conquered, and the power struggle, and the failed subjugation, their military forces are severely set back) will just be handing the equipment over to the elite troops of Mirg across the borders (the ones that got setup by Thomas Palpapek, who if you still remember was working to reorganize Mirg's military after the failed Talosheim expedition right before Van showed up and killed him for being a part of Darcia's death. :blobpopcorn:)

But too bad Sauron Duchy, because even if no one had disagreed, this whole thing has been nothing but a smoke screen! Prime Minister and Avalon never wanted to equip anyone with demon king fragment equipment, they just needed a good excuse for why the prime minister was asking for so many demon king's fragments for the last few months, to buy time for Avalon to get used to his new body! :blob_zipper_mouth: Van (who was attending the meeting in some tiny demon king fragment earpieces Duke Alchem and Jahan were wearing) doesn't buy it though, as he knows:
    A) How much time and skill it takes to process (read: lots of money to highly trained pros)
    B) If he actually wanted to mass produce, why is he only showing off one? Why not produce 100s before showing it off? Heck, if a ton of people are working on this, there should be tons of prototypes you could show in a big pile right now even if you decided against going into true mass production.
    C) actual demon king fragment equipment performs way better and are more processed than this crappy shield, "in other words, to put it kindly, it's poorly made. To put it harshly, it's a toy." They look like someone made a copper mold sword out of orichalcum.
    D) The guy equipped with the demon king equipment was freaked the hell out, like he didn't know about any of this ahead of time. i.e. They clearly put all this together quick. :sweating_profusely:

But enough about Avalon always being terrible at doing anything right! Let's get to heartwarming family time with Bakunawa, Tiamat, Elizabeth and Van.
    Van: "So there you have it, you have a new mother in law and older sister, Bakunawa"
    Bakunawa: "Older sister, what do you taste like? is it as good as dad?"
    Tiamat: "Really, this boy, you can't eat her. You can only have enemies, things I say it's okay to eat, and your dad."
    Bakunawa: "Okay, then can I just lick you?"

HEARTWARMING! :blobawkward:

Anyway, as mentioned before Van got [Titan Emperor] finally thanks to Hadros, and he's finally switching some jobs again after being on [Qliphoth] for a while... only for him to choose [Daemon Ruler], one of the unused inner worlds to start overflowing with demon type monsters, and Van reaching level 100 instantly, granting him [Monster Binding] and [Fiend Training] skills. (Also fiend training gets absorbed by Golem creation? What? :blobfearful:)

Anyway, onto [整霊士] (uh, it's like a play on Physical Therapist or Plastic Surgeon for the muscles or skin, but for the soul spirit. so like [Soul Spirit Therapist]? I'm pretty sure Van got 整霊/"Soul Spirit Therapy" for helping out those orphanage vampires back during the Birkyne showdown.) Also Van now has a [God of Origin] instead of [Protection of the God of Origin] skill. Sheesh. :blobdizzy:

And next chapter is 10/16, 5 days again. Good luck to Densuke on the final push for the light novel's vol 6 release.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Korleone, Mesaphrom, Nimitz and 8 others like this.
  2. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    In Zakart Trial there was mirror that makes you fight against copy of yourself, Van absorbed it instead, and later that Van from mirror fused with [Shadow of Demon King] - the Demon King's Soul Fragment, making the Shadow a shadow of Van.

3. IceFenix

IceFenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember now. Thanks

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  4. IceFenix

IceFenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And thanks for the chapter :blob_grin::blob_grin:

5. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    *looks up the sinful rangers from Arifureta novel*

7 of them vs the 100s Van can make.... nice inspiration right there.

*sigh* can't say I missed the politicians arrogance nor ignorance, also got this itchy feeling beastman duchy will end up horrible in the not too distant future for supporting Asagi on his crusade of being 'just' and seeing DA as evil.

Eddy andres likes this.
  6. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This would be difficult seeing how beastmen are a Vida race and would get hugely affected by his presence if he acts all kingly/ son of Vida like.

7. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    That's if they bothered with Vida at this point, majority of Orbaume has been worshiping Alda while the minority worships the other Gods (this naturally includes beastmen).

Eddy andres likes this.
  8. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn’t stop the ghouls from being affected despite not knowing they were a Vida race and never worshipping her. And I’m talking about all the other ghouls that joined Talosheim later on. They were all moved to tears upon meeting Van.

Pretty sure beastmen would be affected even if they do worship Alda.

9. Szmiiit

Reading List:
    Link
    If I understand correctly he can now put a soul into a peace of his body to create demon, like he could put a soul into a peace of inanimate matter to create golem, which is why those skills fused (since they are diferent only in what material flesh is made out of).

10. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Ghouls never knew.
    2. Extremely unlikely for beastmen to cry for a God they've forgotten, otherwise they'd still be talking about the ways they worshiped their original God who was killed in the fight against Guduranis.
    3. People/Races change over time, expecting them to remember Vida is practically idiotic esp since Alda and his ilk have been the active major gods for how long now?

Eddy andres likes this.
  11. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jahan did not seem to be moved to tears when he met Van, or did MTL fail me?
    Lets hope author remebers about it Vans titls when time to meet beastmen comes.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  12. Szmiiit

Reading List:
    Link
    Ghouls are also susceptable to Death Charm and Ghoul King. Any guidance he would have would also increase effect. (I don't remember what skills he had at this point)
    No, but he started being guided as soon as he entered the building, which is why he wasn't afraid of all the spooky stuff going on.
    Was his servant a titan too? Because his servant wasn't guided when they entered so he was freaking out. If the only diference between Jahanand his servant is the fact that Jahan was a closed Vida believer we might have somewhat accurate description of Van's titles at work.

13. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a doubt: these new demons will follow the trend of the previous ones or adapt to vandeliu's tendencies, will we have an army of demons with a father complex?

hidefreek and hillo315 like this.
  14. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they adapt to Van, wouldn't it be a Grandma complex?

15. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure it said his servant was not a giant.

hillo315 and Szmiiit like this.
  16. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes , and they are his royal retainer that never judge him as titan but as worthy leader to serve.

Eddy andres and Reman Scimitar like this.
  17. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so far I notice that in the final part they find a marduk bone, does that mean an improvement for knochen, what will it become now?

I know that it has already been said if they find the remains of Zeenot? They are going to make equipment but I would like to see a giant shota / loli with stealth power.

Bla8bla likes this.
  18. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    From a Doylist perspective, this is so siggably true. From a Watsonian perspective, however...

I'm guessing too many giants live outside the Vidal Empire to unlock the title... until now. From now on, Van is officially approved by the average giant.

What kind of self-respecting Demon King doesn't have the legions of hell at his command? I mean, Van had fiendishly strong armies already, but that's not quite the same thing. :blob_grin:

Someone, anyone, please update the status. By the way, what happened to @ssj4maiko's spreadsheet?

This is the only smart decision. Equipment mass-produced via unknown means is just too shady to accept. I mean, what if it's dangerous or unethical?

Avalon has woefully poor craftsmanship. This seems to be a recurring problem with him; poor craftsmanship is actually expected for mass-produced anything because making them all high quality means putting in more effort every single time. Avalon pumped out that equipment without really thinking about the final product. His gear is technically Demon King equipment in the same way that a McDonalds hamburger is technically beef.

Spirits are attracted to Van, and there are a lot of spirits out there... Van can now destroy an entire city with minimal effort. No need to attack or send subordinates when you can transform the dead spirits that were already there.

Just to be clear, I assume we're talking about the same kind of demon the Majin can tame? Guduranis can produce demons as well, though I don't think it's made clear how he did it.

If Asagi is worth even half of his salt and made aware of Avalon's incursion into Lambda, he will try to stop it with his research results. Avalon is obviously a much bigger threat, because at least Van tries not to destroy the world in his foolishness. Of course, he could partner with Avalon to kill Van instead, but that depends on how much of a loathsome hypocrite he is.

TL;DR: Not only is Avalon a complete amateur, he wasn't even trying. The stuff he made is so bad that it almost isn't equipment, so he clearly has no intention of distributing them.

Okay, a lot is happening here. I have additional details and questions.
    • Is that Monster Binding or Demon Binding? I understand that the translation from Japanese to English can be a bit shaky, so MTL may have confused demon with monster as if they're synonyms. Given the context, Demon Binding seems to make more sense.
    • Again with Fiend Training. It's more correct than Monster Training, but Demon Training is still more consistent.
    • Monster(?) Binding was absorbed by Inner World. This is not surprising at all.
    • Where did Van get all that experience from? Was it actually instantaneous for some reason, or was it from inadvertently producing and equipping demons very quickly? I'm assuming the latter, but the former is also possible.
    • After Demon Ruler, Van took 整霊士. Any idea what that means? It seems to have something to do with spirits, I think?
    • Fiend(?) Training seems to be a way of processing spirits. Therefore, it counts as a type of Golem Creation. But it's weird to think of those skills as similar to each other; demons aren't golems, after all.
    • Qliphoth requires a skill along the lines of 装〇術, as well as travelling to other worlds multiple times.
    • The size of Inner World increases with magic power.

19. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Demons are flesh golems, so they are in fact golems.

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  20. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Can't recall reading that anywhere. Weird.

Eddy andres likes this.