Spoiler I’m Using the Interstellar Live Broadcast to Raise Cubs [BL]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sugaminny, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Sugaminny

Sugaminny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stumbled across this on jjwxc and clicked on it because of the cute cover haha
    I know no one asked for it, but i thought i'd share this with you all :)
    I'm just gonna follow everyone else and poke* @alexfilia

NU-link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/im-using-the-interstellar-live-broadcast-to-raise-cubs/

我在星际直播养崽
    I’m Using the Interstellar Live Broadcast to Raise Cubs
    By: 为喵作伥
    [​IMG]
    Link to original novel: jjwxc
    114 chapters (completed)
    Tags: transmigration, interstellar, entertainment, live-broadcast, races (human and animals), food​

It's still updating, and i have only read, pure MTL, up to around chapter 35ish, but i'm quite optimistic about this novel :)
    So here's some spoilers for anyone interested :D ~~~*

Background:
    Earth encountered a big catastrophe which resulted in animals getting intelligent (same as humans) and because of a lack of resources a long war between animals and humans ensued. Now, in interstellar after the war, humans were declared an endangered species, and are generally despised and hated by most. Animals through this evolution can now take on human form, which they stay in most of the time, though their babies stay in cub (animal) form until awakening. They also adapted human culture like eating and entertainment etc., but not perfectly, and most human food isn’t really suited or good for animal consumption, so there is a lack of knowledge in various aspects of living. Also because of the hatred, there is basically no communication between animal races and humans.
    In comes our MC, a breeder who is knowledgeable on all kinds of matters on animals.

MC has no memories from the original he transmigrated into and the only thing he knows about, is that the original made an appointment with the live-broadcasting agency on the planet. Which is also the first thing he does after waking up, and the start of the novel. MCs special trait was and is, that while he isn’t good with other humans/people, he was always loved by animals and his greatest joy in live is taking care of them. MC originally worked as a breeder and caretaker of pandas, although he has a general knowledge of things regarding all kinds of animals. He also kept a lot of pets. MC makes a contract with the live broadcasting agency, who decided to try out their 1st human host as a broadcaster and see the reception. While MC is poor-ish, he now has a steady income as long as he broadcasts whatever. After researching and looking into different broadcasts and how they work for a few days he goes grocery shopping. But before he can start his own 1st live broadcast, he finds a small snow leopard cub in is apartment. MC having adapted somewhat to the new era and culture, does what any responsible adult would do, call the police. But because of certain circumstances (ML hehe) the police is busy and can’t help him out. So he decides to at least keep him over night and decide what to do the next day.
    Normally everyone, including kids would have a light brain with them, which is connected to their identity, but the snow leopard doesn’t. Which means he’s either a street child with no parents nor legal identity or super strong, because otherwise only abnormal strength can cause a light brain to break/detach. That is what MC gets told when he goes into the police station the next day, and because the snow leopard is white, he is considered an albino in this era. Albino cubs are considered disabled, because on average those animals tend to have low intelligence and have a low chance of awakening (changing into human form and becoming an adult) at all. So MC takes it upon himself to raise the ‘child’.
    Wanting to do his first broadcast (on the day he met the snow leopard), he simply decides to make food for the cub. His first broadcast only gets a few views and he is called out for being a human and receives hate for his identity. MC gets called disgusting and his cooking methods etc. are questioned. Luckily MC is prepared and while some of the viewers still leave or diss him he convinces the more open-minded people. The broadcasting in interstellar makes it possible for other to sense whatever happens in the live broadcast to some extent, so he manages to attract some attention because of the good smell of the food. While the feed is still discussing his abilities, the snow leopard comes in, attracted by the smell. And a special function of the broadcast is, that whenever a animal enters/or is in the broadcast, the perspective changes to that of the animal (looking through the animals eyes and experience their sensations). That means the viewers can now sense what the snow leopard cub can, which is MCs caressing as well as the smell and the taste of the food, which again amazes the viewers. And ultimately causes MC to get more and more famous on the broadcasting platform. MC continues to broadcast home and living themed live-broadcast, which include: petting, washing, combing and of course lots of food.
    ML = snow leopard cub
    So ML is the emperor of the animal planet-system, whatever you call it. He acquired the throne through his war-efforts, is immensely powerful, and is well respected by citizens. He is secretive and so no pictures of him are available to the public (neither human nor animal form). Because his animal and cub form is believed to be albino (low intelligence, weak, basically disabled), he had an extremely rough childhood (although as far as I've read it's not really specified in what way, but it'snot hard to imagine).
    On the day MC meets the snow leopard cub, ML visits his planet as the emperor. Because of the history between animals and humans, the few humans on the planet are being monitored during MLs stay. When his attendant accidentally clicks on the video feed of the monitoring and ML sees MC, ML gets attracted and keeps watching MC until he uncontrollably changes into his cub form, and destroys his light brain. (I'm not sure why, i think it was mentioned that this unpredictable change can be caused by finding a partner with 100% suitability, but i'm not sure, the reason might be lost in MTL). That's also presumably why the police is so busy, i mean the sudden disappearance of the emperor is a big deal.
    So ML in his cub form goes to MC and lets MC pamper him for a while~
    Later in the story (still early in the first 30 chapters tho), MC adopts another animal cub, a panda.
    Everyone in this era despises humans. But on the capital star there is one family, the panda family, that likes humans. They like them, because their ancestors have been raised by humans (probably MC), and they somehow transfer this affection, as well as some memories, through generations.
    The son of the panda family (a big entertainment star) discovers MC and believing he could be the 'human they were looking for' he immediately goes to the planet MC is at. Through the faulty system of the space ship, he gets ejected through an escape capsule and conveniently lands in MCs garden. This escape capsule is faulty though, and so the panda returns to cub form (his mental state etc. regressed to that of a child). This state can last from a few hours to a few years, so i don't know when he will recover. MC decides to take care of him. He first brings the cub to the police station, but the panda cub changes to a normal baby immediately when brought outside, and no one believes that it's a panda, so MC takes it home. MC (probably because of his status as a human) has a somewhat restricted access to information, and when he tries to find information about pandas online, he gets no results. So thinking it might be unsafe to further publicize him keeping the panda cub, he keeps it a secret.
    It is hinted at that MC (the original) may actual be from a big/influential human family from the capital star. But how he got to the remote star he lives at the start of the story is unknown (definitely a probable conflict).
    fav quote atm: "respect the new boss and don't treat him as a human being!" :p

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    O.O pets!!!

You need to poke @Zhen_Qing for the list <3

Chocolate Pizza, Shizun and Sugaminny like this.
  3. Sugaminny

Reading List:
    Link
    ohh~, thank you :3

4. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Ongoing!!! Oh no no no...there's barely enough chapters out for 2, maybe 3 days worth of reading. I have no patience tho. I'll wait till it's finished. It's a premise I'd go for, cute fluffy animals, MC with unique skill...yep! It reminds me of two other novels.

One was set in a futuristic world where people have fought too many wars and lots of food knowledge was lost and most were living on nutrients. MC transmigrates from the past into a movie star who just woke up from a comma, but he was a chef in his original world. So he starts a broadcast about cooking. The similar premise here is how you can interact with the broadcast, like viewers could taste the food, though they won't get full. Seems this author 'borrowed' this good idea and expanded on it.

The other novel is set in a futuristic world where humans got animal traits? There's also magical beasts? But the magical beasts have grown weaker over the centuries and are now despised. MC transmigrates into the future and loves animals a whole lot. I also think pure humans are extinct. So, he starts a pet shop (more like daycare, where he cures them from wounds, feeds them and caters to them, eventually sending them off to earn money for meat by doing quests) and has these amazing ranked beasts and so on. The 'borrowed' premise here is the MC's affinity for animals, and his pet daycare. And there was a panda baby with a pretty prominent role xD.

I can't think of the names, and I'll look for the titles later. People who lurk on here will probably know the novels I'm speaking about. But is it the same author, or were some ideas really borrowed and mixed (depending on what was published first)? I don't really care, since I did enjoy those ideas and am happy to see them applied again. Just curious. It would make sense if it's the same author tho.

EDIT: first novel: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-film-emperors-daily-live-cooking-broadcast/
    second novel: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/cute-beast-store-no-138/

5. Sugaminny

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yep it's still ongoing, but the author uploads daily and the chapters are mostly 5k, so i think it won't take long to finish.
    Yes, I actually started reading it because it seemed similar to The film emperors daily live cooking broadcast. I've read quite a bit of those two, but i enjoy this novel better so far :p Mainly because of the fluff and it's just really cute and relaxing to read ~ It seems a bit like a mix of those two, that's true haha, but they do all have different authors.
    There currently is a, i believe, technology themed contest on jjwxc, so there's a lot of ongoing novels with those themes

6. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I noticed, they're reviving the genre lol. So they're borrowing some of the good ideas. Like I haven't seen the ability to taste or sense through a broadcast. Anyway, I'm gonna wait a bit before I start reading this, cause I tend to marathon read and I need material. How sad it is to reach the last written chapter!

Sugaminny likes this.
  7. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22
    @Zennie_613
    @324722

8. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    YukiiiiCurl likes this.
  9. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    ooh cute fluffy pet novel....but ongoing T_T

11. CrazedCookies

CrazedCookies A Cookie!

Reading List:
    Link
    FLUFF!!!!

Sugaminny likes this.
  12. SeiraJLoyard

SeiraJLoyard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So fluffy! :blobmelt:

13. ElSheba

ElSheba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers till chapter 24
    ML is the last of his race. He is described as a white cat with horns. As human he has cyan/ice blue eyes,silver hair and a dragon like tail. This race was above other race and ruled them. His race was envied because they were the strongest,the most intelligent but now they are extremely hated, despised because they created a disease that has no cure and is very gruesome. But a mishap happened 30 years ago so they were wiped out by the same disease in one night(I think), with only one egg left. He was found in the ruins of his planet protected by some shields as an egg. He was passed around cub associations because no one wanted him because of what his race did. He is very clingy.
    His is human,transported from another world into another by an entity. This entity tried to save this world many times but failed so he sought an external help. This help is Mc. He can actually travel between the worlds by sleeping. This is his cheat. He is led by the golden orb(the remnant of the entity) to a cub association. Here he met the ML as an egg and takes care of it after some co-worker slacks of his duty(this one is really arrogant because the association is one of the lowest of them). Mc was a painter shut-in. He was really lazy. The cubs are really fond on him and mc is really fond on them(lots of meng moments ). With his cheat he brings something from his world and sells it at an auction for a very high price. With the money he invests in the association.
    he is a general that retired. His power was sealed because of a conspiracy. After his retirement he searches for a doctor. He found mc by hearing him singing a lullaby to the cubs. In exchange he works there. He was the one who explained many things about the Knox race(ml race).

14. ElSheba

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I red till now humans aren't so hated and discriminated. They are more pitied because of their weak body.

15. kieshi

kieshi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This spoiler similar with this one?
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/bl-cub-raising-association.73952/

Shizun likes this.
  16. ElSheba

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Sheri_Yui_Chan Fighting my final semester battles ⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    I think cub raising association is similar to this except that humans aren't hated.
    Cub Raising Association
    Will check this one out.

YukiiiiCurl and Lunnear like this.
  18. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    ehm did u mix the spoilers now??

michoux likes this.
  19. azinine

azinine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. ElSheba mixed the spoilers for Cub Raising.

20. ElSheba

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooops sorry . I thought that it was the same because I don't find this novel. Is it translated to English? I wanna read it