Discussion Novelupdates replacing my releases with other groups *shade alert?*

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by flowingcloud, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really mad about this since I was never planning to actually translate [a certain novel that I will explain later], but I think it's pretty shady that novelupdates will delete my chapter on the novel page and allow another group to completely take over.

I'm talking about Not Sure, But It Looks Like I Got Reincarnated in Another World.

This is my original post: https://yado-inn.com/2019/07/03/not-sure-chapter-1-teaser but for some reason now it's gone off the main novel page.

upload_2019-10-11_17-50-41.png

This is the logs from my novelupdates account that show that I even created the damn page and released the chapter, but for some reason now the chapter has disappeared off the listing.

upload_2019-10-11_17-51-37.png

Wow, notice the release date? July 3rd. Hmm, coincidence? Hmm, I'm not too sure.

Of course, I meant to do it as a teaser, so I don't know about this until now when I randomly checked for it. Even if they posted first, according to Novel Updates Policy, I am able to add my release "if you start translating the series from the beginning".

Please search up the novel [Not Sure, But It Looks Like I Got Reincarnated in Another World] on any aggregator site. The first chapter will either be mine or another chapter from my site that I used to deceive aggregator sites.
    I can't believe it, it's not Re:Library's chapter! Wow, it's mine! Yado Inn's! HMMMMMM

For anyone who doesn't know how an aggregator site works, when a release on the novelupdates home page has been released, the aggregator site steals the release. It does not access the novel page directly and steal novels from there. Therefore, if Re:Library posted their chapter, it should also appear on an aggregator site, BUT THEIR FIRST CHAPTER IS NO WHERE TO BE SEEN. That means they REPLACED the first chapter that I translated with their poorly translated MTL garbage. That would also explain the reason why it was posted on July 3rd according to the novel page.

upload_2019-10-11_18-19-0.png
    (Another proof I posted on July 3rd)

I'm not sure what is going on here and this might just be a misunderstanding, but I'm the type of person who likes to become a shit stirrer. If you're going to ask who posted first, I don't have any concrete evidence that I posted first, but I did provide you with some "proof"...

If Re:Library has some sort of contract with NU to pull shady moves like this or friends with a mod to remove my chapter, then I think there's a problem. This site was supposed to be fair and who knows why my release was taken down after I posted it. I hope Tony or some other NU rep will answer my questions in this thread and ping me when they do so. Although I am also reliant on this directory novel site that has completely monopolized the novel market, you can't just bully me like this.

This isn't the novelupdates I know. Although the the community plagued with trash translators with a load of crap translations, novelupdates usually was never the problem. HOWEVER, now they are listening to BIG MONEY. Just cause their group is bigger, doesn't mean you can bully me like this. Please respond back to this post NU or else you really have some dirt on yourself that you can't reveal.

Attached Files:

Leo William likes this.
  2. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that's some jumping ability..

mm38910, otaku31 and Jaspaaar like this.
  3. Felix

Felix Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Lurking to see how this develops*

doroppu likes this.
  4. fuqifeipian4

fuqifeipian4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt this NU's fault since they seem pretty consistent in their fairness...
    I guess I'll just have to wait and see if they really are listening to "BIG MONEY."

Sabruness likes this.
  5. flowingcloud

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao yeah ngl it is. it's just a reference to how big companies (aka Re:Library) bully out small companies (my group) through monopoly tactics in the market.

I would also like to believe that this is not NU's fault, but like I explained, it doesn't make sense how my post completely disappeared, while Re:Library's translation was never posted on any aggregator site.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2019
  6. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    i hope its not true, but it can be a mistake as well, did you try submitting the chapter again? i didnt saw problem like this before and usually when both translation teams release, both of them should show up

7. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're over reacting too much, instead of making this type of post you should've just contacted the mods and settled the problem instead of making a thread like this since it's a little childish. Just my opinion though so no hate :blob_coffee::blob_coffee::blob_coffee:

auraizen, otaku31, Blitz and 9 others like this.
  8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Make NU great again!

mm38910, doroppu and Snowbun like this.
  9. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
  10. flowingcloud

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact that my chapters show up on aggregator sites mean that I have successfully posted it and that it was released. According to novelupdates rules, even if I was planning to snipe them completely, they are not allowed to remove my post due to the fact that I am translating from the beginning. At the beginning, I also hoped that this was a misunderstanding, but after looking at the facts, it's getting harder and harder to believe so.

Problems with this is that even if it gets solved internally, the crux of the problem never gets fixed. This is why the power of the internet is so powerful. Before this, it was hard to get your problem out to the public due to censorship, but now with internet, you can spread awareness to your problem that couldn't have be done before. With problems like this, I want the novelupdates staff to give me an answer that I hope can satisfy me.

11. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Just contact the mods

12. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They would if you just contact them instead of making this thread. Sigh, I'm done commenting after this so have fun :blobnobully::blobnobully::blobnobully:

13. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    rather than removing, i think it was a simple mistake, i doubt novelupdates makes any kind of money from both sides therefore I assumed its a mistake rather than doing this on purpose

afterall, it would be bit silly to remove a translation, because a big group decides to translate, afterall it would bring 0 profit to novelupdates to start with

did you try submitting the chapter again? or contacting staff?

Nom de Plume likes this.
  14. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    We will look into it. Both releases should have been approved since neither translator has at least 20 chapters regardless of which posted first. I’ve also never heard of RE:Library (no offense to them).

Thank you for letting us know, and please do be aware there is a report feature on the NU user profile~! (For at least future use).

15. flowingcloud

Reading List:
    Link
    nom nom @Nom de Plume thanks for looking into it. The only reason I'm posting this is so that I hope that other translators will stand up for themselves if they are wronged or being oppressed. #metoo

16. Faye

Faye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please guys, you people who said "Just contact the mods" certainly didn't understand the meaning of the OP

He want to know the reason... and the why
    If he just follows your suggestion... maybe it will be fixed, but it if happens again later? Will you just repeat this over and over again?

Take this with a little bit salt and pepper,
    1. If you think it's a bug, then just wait for the mod to respond
    2. If you think it's an intentional move on NU's part, wait for the mod to respond

see? Both has the same answer, making a thread of this is good since it will make the case go public and perhaps some other translator met the same problem can chip in too.
    Exaggeration will get you nowhere, OP. So, let's just wait for the mod/admin to respond before adding more fuel to the fire

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  17. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s definitely important for people to speak up versus feeling something that may just be a misunderstanding. I suggest the report feature because every NU mod will get an alert over that versus a thread that has less visibility, at least for the mod team you want to solve the issue. I contacted the rest seperately this time. :)

I also hope you were the subject of sexual harassment or advances. The metoo movement seems a bit too out of place to invoke here. Please let us know if that has occurred in any way. I’ll see what I can find about this issue.

mm38910, kenar, otaku31 and 3 others like this.
  18. fteg123

fteg123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It might not be right, but I think the word 'teaser' might have been a reason for this incident because in my experience teasers usually have one paragraph and not have the full chapter.

otaku31 and Nom de Plume like this.
  19. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    are you reading this thread properly? and to answer your initial question.

yes you would expect this to repeat, because that is how things get sorted in reality. you report via the proper channels and get a response via the proper channels. OP didnt even mention any of the mods so how are they expecting to get a response? mods will come here because of the others who viewed this thread alerting them if the mod wasnt already surfing the forums.

otaku31, Not Red Yet, runsing and 2 others like this.
  20. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    But just contacting the mods, without spreading drama on the forum, would be the proper way to do things. Making a big thread and ranting, however justified, probably isnt the best way to go about things. Invoking metoo is also a very strange thing to do if you havent suffered from unwanted sexual advances or harrassment.

I am curious why the extreme fuss, though, considering it was just a teaser and you yourself said you didnt plan to translate the series anyway. Just a curiosity i was wondering about.

I love RE:Library, because they do yuri/GL stuff, but i wouldnt call them big money.

Silver lining from this thread, though, i came to know about the novel in question :blob_coffee::blobrofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.