Non-Fic NUF Historical Society ~ History of NUF since 2015

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fuyuuri, Oct 10, 2019.

1. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm creeping a tiny bit forward but I'm starting to feel like that TNWG: Dethrone of Satan is something that is absolutely necessary to read. :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

It's long but it feels like a lot of memes pop out of that thread.

EDIT: Ophious also requested to figure out when NUF families first started happening

Ophious, Nom de Plume and AliceShiki like this.
  2. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    He had a harem and mostly people stabbing him out of jealously I blieve

And Das and other people used him as shields when other members tried to pick on them

And because of how ophi acted to things like that it just escalated to his current state

Lurking, GonZ555 and AliceShiki like this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    On the matter of interviews, the AMA thread for the NUF 2nd anniversary is a pretty good way to go about some of the popular users~
    Hard to be sure without a context, my guess would be that it means you shouldn't go all the way to become someone that eats a whole planet... So a reminder to be mindful of character growth or something.

@Haxagen might maybe know more, I don't think I ever used this kind of expression even though I did read everything on new AG, so... Unsure on what it could mean.
    Also worth noting was that she spoke in 3rd person~
    This ended up being way longer than I expected, so I'll put in a spoiler for easy scrolling.

1) Uhn... Let's see... I first started just replying to threads on NU's homepage that called my attention... That certainly didn't make me famous though.

Then, both @Ophious and @Pyoo welcomed me to NUF, I specifically remember ignoring Pyoo's message at first because I thought it was a welcoming bot set up by the adm of the site. (which I didn't know was @Tony back then) But when Ophious welcomed me too, I figured there wouldn't be two welcoming bots, so both must be actual users.

At some point in this welcoming conversation, Pyoo linked me to the matchmaking service and the Adventurer's Guild... I saw the thread was kinda long and decided to read it later and then join... I wasn't very active in NUF, so I think it took me a week to read through the AG's main thread in its entirety... Which made 0 sense because it just had some people that joined, some side stories and announcements... It was mostly a waste of time to go through that in all honesty, but I joined AG once I was finished.

Also worth noting that in the exact day I joined AG, @Acarnina (@aca1814ina back then) went MIA, we missed each other by a few hours at best.

Aaaaaaaaaaanyways, from that point I became super active in AG very quickly, got in a ship with @shad12ow in like 2 days and I think we got married in a week. And I also got mega addicted to NUF and kept browsing other community games while waiting for new posts to be made in AG threads, which started making me quite famous. I also touched a bit of profile posts at that time, but I was mostly active in games.

However, I discovered I needed 100 messages to get a custom title, so I started browsing through General and Novel General as well to get those messages, and started replying to anything remotely interesting in those threads... It was also my fault that it became common to reply to memes in the Daily Laughs thread, because I was using it to farm message count, and the best way to do so was to reply to memes. (since I had no memes to add myself) Now it just became a normal thing to do, but back when I joined there were no conversations in that thread.

Even after getting 100 messages, I kept frequenting the General and Novel General subforums because they were fun, which were what started making my widespread popularity, as I was active in the 3 most popular subforums of NUF (General, Novel General and Games) and also in the most popular game (Adventurer's Guild).

... From that point on I went through loads of stuff, getting involved into NUF family, separating Shad12ow, getting into a ship with Alea, surprise kidnaps, marriage organizer, main matchmaker of matchmaking service, lots of other games, Enigma's and Prometheus' Spam Post, first place in posts/likes/trophies/blog comments and uhn... Well, too much to put out in a reply to a single question, really, this would become a humongous essay if I did.

That's the story of the start of my journey to become famous though.

2) Originally in the Adventurer's Guild, I have 9994 messages in the original tavern, for example. But from then I hopped to so many places that it's basically impossible to point out anywhere in specific.
    If I were to say any place, it would be threads, I have always been much more active in threads than in Profile Posts.

3) I was friend to far too many people to link out some tbh... I'll link to the invite list of my marriage thread instead.
    Maid Of Honor: @Up-chan
    Bridesmaids: @iampsyx, @Justderpin, @Siostar, @yuzuki
    Everyone else: @3rd Rate Hikikomori @A.I.M.E-02847 @A5G_Reaper @ABMAINA @Abox @Aca1814ina @Action @AHKoT @Ai chan @Aiiee @Ainz Ooal Gown @akki @AmIaCat @Anon2.0 @Arcturus @asriu @Axiel @Azure Blaze @Balthazzar @BarelyEnoughToReachTheApex @BB_Tensei @Bielt @BlackKnightGodzilla @BlancFrost @blee8 @Blitz @BunnyPillow @Butler @Casul Reader @Chewy @Chiaroscuro @Chocol8 @CloudySkySadMoon @Clown333 @Clozdark @compass96 @Crau @Cupcake Ninja @Das @DasWife @DCLXVI @DCLXVII @Ddraig @doomeye1337 @Drevart @dryzzle @Dummy00001 @Electromaster @Elfidro @Emmyy @Emperor Nu @Empress Nu @Enigma @erichninja @Eternal Liar @EviL @Evil_Ginger @ExitedDeviljho @Exitiumm @Faaldara @Fabulist Ed @fate @Fluffy13unny @ForumObserver @Frank N. Stein @Frozen tentacled ink @fuzor100 @GamingIce @Get Tony To Tease Parth Fund @God @Hakuru @happy @Hate @HavekZero @Haxagen @hayyan @hello @Hello I Am A Tree @holyshin @Hotato @hothotpot @hug @Imnotarobot @Infinity Sword @jamechi @Jibs @JinVodka @justabot @JustaReader @KingOfMangonia @Kiwionwheels @Koalala @KoreaLover @Kroenen @Kuma Desu @KuroInfinity @Kudaranai @kyuukestu @Kysil @Lady Luck @LaDyViL @Land of The Fallen @lavender_drop @LazyDoc @leegood @LifeFrog @Little Dragon @Little Evil @Little Star @LittleFox21 @LivingCorpse @Lonelycity @long2cool @Loni4ever @Love @Lovely @lychee @LysUltima @MaliMi @MangoGuy @marine1corps @Matamaru @Matsurika @Midnight Rain @Midori @mir @miru @Miyuu @mrawesome69 @mtkiseki @Nahrenne @nanming @Naraku @Nargol @Nefasdetestasti @Nekorin @NEU paciFIST @ninish @NiQuinn @Nom de Plume @Novel otaku desu @Novela @NUF Mascot @null @Nurman @NZPIEFACE @Omnifarious @Ophious @Orphellia @Osamaru @otokonoko @OverlyFriendly @OwO @Papi @paprika @Parth37955 @platys51 @Potato @Pray Alpha @Prodigy @Professor Charles Francis Xavier @Prometheus @prongsjiisan @Pyoo @Quaesitor @QueenOfMangonia @Rae @Random @Raneday @ranemay @Razogul @remy911 @RRL Vocaloid @Rumanshi @runsing @Ruyi @SakuraHana @Satan @scriptor @selkie @seriouslynope @seven @Sgt Clonehunter @shad12ow @Shem @Shield Loyalist @Shio @Shota-kun @Shizuka Mikki @sinyueliang @Skullie @Smaky @Snowdropdreamer @SnowTime @SpearOfLies @Speedy @Spfere @Stealth @stellarsohye @The great metalunicorn @The Everdistant Utopia @The Forever Distant Victory @Tolena @Tony @Tramsloof @trap @Unreachable Hope @Valera @Vindis @villain @Way @Welcome to NUF @Westeller @whosays25 @wolf.prince @Yukkuri Oniisan @Zaart @Zerith @Zone Q11
    I am somewhat active in profiles, but I never posted anywhere in specific. Rather, it is much more common for me to be tagged in a profile post than for me to visit it myself. So I just went wherever my alerts brought me.

If anything, I'm common in places where @Ophious is dying.

4) The Adventurer's Guild will always be my favorite thread and have my fondest memories, hard for anything else to compete.

It's hard to name any memories in particular though, it's more like the overall feeling I had from it was really really nice... If anything, the feeling I got from having a "real" family from it was really really special to me, I was far closer to my NUF family than I was to my IRL family back then.

5) I'm not entirely sure? Aside from killing Ophious and being his teacher...?

Oh, maybe the Ms. Tree in my title, it came to be because I replied with @Hello I Am A Tree to people from time to time... Which btw is not an account I own, I have no idea who is the owner of it.

There was also a meme for a while with @TiggerBane and @Haxagen telling me to sleep because my sleep schedule was super hectic and made no sense for a while, that was a funny and very localized meme that almost nobody must have heard of.

And maybe some reputation from defenestrating and stabbing things...

Ah, and the meme of people calling me a queen that started in the It's Time to Build a Kingdom game, mainly because I was the first to create a castle and then everyone instantly started pushing the title of queen to me, even though I just wanted a castle to have a comfy place to sleep...
    @Kuma Desu and @The Everdistant Utopia were the primary people involved in this meme, but it got more widespread and somehow even reached @A5G_Reaper and @Arcturus.

Also got the title of being very lewd due to... Reasons I forgot tbh, maybe because I'm open to talk about lewd stuff nowadays or because I knew the source of some lewd GL mangas... I honestly don't remember. Maybe it was just a joke related to handholding.
    On that matter, @Arcturus also started calling me the Spider Asura Empress for some reason, the empress part was related to the kingdom building meme that ended up outliving the game itself, but up to this day I have no clue where the Spider and Empress parts came from.

6) A magical girl of love and justice~

So that's that~

4. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried looking at some of his early stuff but all I found was him flirting with his wifes both male and female

5. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    >.> I thought the reason would be fancier but yeah. People deserve to know the history. <.< It's nothing too fancy.

6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, looking back on it, I was a pretty edgy and cringy kid in 2016. Just look at my first post. It was on the damned Summoned Slaughterer's LCD thread.

I guess, after a while, I stuck around because I felt I belonged in the community that general had, back then, with all it's shitposters and what not. It was pretty fun to mess with people. Hell, I've got a whole serious of threads tagged shitpost. I guess I grew out of it (kinda not really). Back then, I'm pretty sure I considered myself a bit belong VOLX98 in terms of being a shitposter, even though I don't think I really managed to integrate myself into some of the communities here, like the Chaos Guild shit, or NUF family.

I think I grew away from this place in 2017 or 2018, where I started using reddit and discord a lot more. I didn't want to have to put any effort into reaching out to people to have some good banter or shitpost a lot. Those platforms just let you do it. Though I still tlak to people from here on those platforms, like @ABMAINA or @saffu (pretty sure he's banned). I really haven't been active here, at all.
    Honestly, I'd like to be around here more often, but at the same time, I think it'd just take up way too much of my time.

I'm surprised I'm still on the notable members list, though I'm not really that surprised. I think the highest I ever ended up reaching on the "Most Posts" was 5th, I mean... What else could you expect from someone that used to spam shitpost threads to get more NUF $$$ and to farm posts?
    Regarding that, for a while after the Shop function came out, I used to keep buying @Westeller's profile pic because I thought it was pretty funny at times. It always is, to be honest. I wonder if he still saves them.

Actually, now that I think about it, I remember being banned for a bit by either Parth or Tony for April Fools. It wasn't funny to me back then, but thinking back on it, it was probably funny as hell. @Tony @Parth37955 Good job.

orematcha, GonZ555, Risus and 8 others like this.
  7. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    I think apart from notable members there were/are also some really active members. Hmm... Like say @yuzuki or @Das or...
    Lol your tag for @Enigma and @Nefasdetestasti... Some users changed their names too it seems....

AliceShiki, fuyuuri and Nom de Plume like this.
  8. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    1569612581453.png

Dont you mean Incredible Violence

iampsyx, GonZ555, Blitz and 2 others like this.
  9. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather aren't you the main cause of said death.....

iampsyx, GonZ555, A5G_Reaper and 2 others like this.
  10. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a compilation of things @Tony has said in the past?

I found this one:

[​IMG]

Ophious and AliceShiki like this.
  11. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, there was already a question guide. Well...

1. I'm probably not that famous anymore. Maybe some older users still remember me (I sure as hell remember them), but I don't expect the same in return. I never really graduated from the Shitposter stage of internet puberty on this site. Kinda finished that on reddit.

2. Mainly, I used General, and I would go to Novel General every so often to talk about some stuff. I also used LF a lot. I like to read. But mainly I shitposted. A lot.

3. I don't really remember anymore? It's been at least a year or so since I actually posted on this site frequently. I know that @Westeller is a good lad along with the rest of the mods, and I somehow managed to worm my way into their good graces, but everyone else just feels like a haze that I should know. Oh right, I pissed of @AliceShiki once, that was hilarious.
    Going though it now, I remember Rrelentless, R0, Astaroth, saffu, ABMAINA, Alice, das, asriu... Well, the list goes on. It's kinda sad how some of them are dead now, like @Panda-emic.

4. Favourite threads? Memories? Probably that April Fools when @estelion managed to sneak in a doujin past the filters. While I'm pretty sure that release didn't get a dedicated thread itself, it was great.

5. Hell if I know, I'm not around for them anymore. I made quite a few memes though, though none of them ever caught on...

6. That shitposter. Not the shitposter like VOLX is remembered by, but the guy who was subtle different. I sometimes try to make engaging topics in my shitposting threads, so I'd like that to be remembered, even if no one was ever really engaged by them.

Pyoo, estelion, Risus and 3 others like this.
  12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    No! >.<
    While that is technically true, I'm not usually the one that starts the profile post~
    I don't think a compilation exists, though people like @Das certainly have some other screenshots worth mentioning.

On that note, @Tony's lovers' suicide with @Das is something that definitely deserves a place in this thread, as well as their marriage.
    I still remember you! ^^)/
    Oh yeah, I remember that. It was actually quite silly of me when I looked back on it months later, I was waaaaaaaaay too stressed back then.
    Wish I had seen this one! xD
    Your shitposts were great~

13. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, I agree! In fact if I were writing for September 2019 I think the majority of users to write about would be ones who aren't on the Notable Members list!

I think since I'm working from the past (and I don't know anybody from back in Nov 2015... or what happened at all..), it's easiest for me to stalk a few people for research, but there's a huge advantage if you're living the history and remember everyone who played a big role in it!

I remember you! Mostly from Monthly Short Story Writing Prompts!

Pyoo likes this.
  14. Animester

Animester Silent whisper

Reading List:
    Link
    Its been 4 years. Omg:eek:. I am very happy to see that community is still so active. Love <3 ~sips coffee~

orematcha, Pyoo and fuyuuri like this.
  15. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    The tag is working..... it's just... I'm actually ignoring it... sometimes..

16. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised I'm still notable with how inactive I've been for the past year or so.

17. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    Arcturus-chan~ :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

You're one of the people I'd love to see an interview from!

Risus and AliceShiki like this.
  18. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that second link is the history from Mousa. There's another history somewhere though. I remember writing quite a long post in it about the history of the mods and @Tony .

Someone should write about Remy's Russian roulette game. That was pretty fun and an iconic early moment. It's where @Das got his unique title

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2019
    AliceShiki and fuyuuri like this.
  19. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly! But I think they are aspiring notable members. I would really like to encourage then th keep going on!!! :blobhero: Like @Tilgarial. That tiger is coming off as really popular these days...
    That's true. Well since I mostly stalk @Tony I know some users revolving his past circle lol :blobrofl: And I see a big shift on his circle from then to now... Nuf in general too.

As @Lonelycity put it there was this epi era and Shem era and when you "die" there might be this "Nyann era" lol :blobrofl:

But yeah I think, even the ones I think is old enough isn't old enough.

Lonelycity and fuyuuri like this.
  20. fuyuuri

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's fine to write about recent history.

As long as you avoid controversial things and stick to the things everyone remembers -- I think a lot of things can be said about stuff like the Masquerade Ball and Auction House (which I missed XD).

As for bias, I try to justify myself using objective measures. I mostly consider adding forum threads to the history if they exceed 100 replies; using numeric cutoffs help round out perspectives so you're not tunnel-visioned onto only the people you know. For example, I think most of us could agree @lighterxx definitely would deserve a mention in Sep/Oct-2019 for the sheer number of Hoshi threads she makes, even though I don't think I've ever talked to her. XD