When clients ask you to do more than they paid for

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Nara

Nara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a veteran who's blood was sucked dry to work like a dog and paid with wasted food for almost 1 year, i suggest you should make clear about the contract before working on it.
    And if it's too late and the clients demand more, then just do it. First blame yourself for not make things clear before blaming others, learn from those mistakes. I call it self punishment for not being smart enough so i can keep reminding myself to improve.
    And of course I'm not a masochist :blobcheeky:

TokioftheBel and Ai chan like this.
  2. KukiAme

KukiAme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i kinda bummed when you typing that with face (Profile Picture) of Komi-san
    aaaagghhhhh
    please dont tarnish our goddess T_T

3. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.
    I worked at some housekeeping agency sometime down my life and theres this hostel/motel that we were contracted for one job to clean every nook and cranny of the building. So we did what we were paid for.
    As we were packing up, this supervisor guy asked us why we havent trimmed the fucking 3-story tree near the building. Like wtf. Our equipment was mostly cleaning materials, floor polishers and carpet cleaners.
    Took us a few hours arguing about that. Luckily the contract has a fine print that we dont do gardening.
    Still gets on my nerves til this day.

mir and TokioftheBel like this.
  4. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    if I get a dollar for every time I heard a story about a client complaining about wanting more than what they paid for...

TokioftheBel likes this.
  5. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which languages do you translate btw?

6. sullenaya

sullenaya Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my case I send a proposal first or set up a Skype meeting to discuss the contract, rates and add-ons as well as the specifics of the translation project ( medical, technical or legal translations). Hiring an experienced editor or copywriter is expensive so I usually hire university students majoring in English language or mass communications since it's cheaper and quality is also good.

7. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the thread was gonna be about @Ai chan not going all the way with customers in a bar or massage salon.

GDLiZy and otaku31 like this.
  8. icerror

icerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell him to suck it. Tell him to suck it gently if the job was a referral, or if you're not self-employed.

Unless there's hope of significant benefit down the line, the smart thing here is to cut loss. And, usually, the damage is done. Ask for the full payment regardless, but don't press it if you have received a down payment.

mir and Ai chan like this.
  9. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    This comment~

chamchaworld likes this.
  10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    No, they never said a word. They just gave the document and said, "Please translate this and deliver within 48 hours". There was no other instruction.

But Ai-chan already made it clear. Ai-chan offer a translation service, not a copywriting service. And Ai-chan specifically said Ai-chan translates as is in a manner that sounds most natural to a native speaker.

English to Malay or Japanese and the other way around.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    TokioftheBel, Vanidor and Nara like this.
  11. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it. What's the difference between the former and the latter? They look the same to me, except the latter is deeper, sloppier, and rougher.

TokioftheBel likes this.
  12. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    On a certain website with hub in its name, you can search with fellatio and irrumatio to see the difference. :blobpeek:

13. Galooza

Galooza The One True Walapalooza

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, really need a consultation for this type of thing. More so for your sake or you have no idea what the customer may want and you end up in this whole conundrum. Especially if they decide to try and sue over it. Though they have no legal case with no agreement, it's just not worth the trouble.

TokioftheBel likes this.
  14. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    So it's just face grinding or slapping? Sigh. Why they gotta make sex sound so complicated?

15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's have a look at it in a non-sexual example.

Blowjob is when you willingly work as a secretary to a rich guy and does all kinds of things above your paygrade because you believe doing so will give you benefit later on.

Facefuck is when you are forced to do all kinds of things above your paygrade, being whipped regardless of your performance, and having your salary cut because your boss feels like it. Oh and he fucks your wife too while you slave away doing stuff that wasn't your job in the first place.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  16. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe get the fine print to be 12pt font size? Some clients have a tendency to conveniently forget it. You're providing a service, not charity. Its not even a freebie unless you're offering. Everybody wants a discount but even the actual pay is a pittance.

17. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank Kami I already had my food down when I read this. Unless you can afford it, you can also give them a fuck by resigning or place the task on eternal backburner.

18. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Or dont do it when they refuse to answer your clarifications. On some clients, I demand payment before jumping on other tasks coz some outsourced tasks can easily be forgotten to be paid .They ask for my work - I want that payment for my previous before they demand I do a thing. Being scammed for work is not something I like to tolerate. Either pay or do it yourself, client.

19. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    You had me confused for a second there. I wondered when the gender switched with the examples, not that I'm kink shaming or anything of the like. I see, so it's a difference of consensual and non-consensual.

20. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ai chan
    Eh, irrumatio used in modern context can be consensual too. The difference is whether you're sucking (fellatio) or letting the other party thrust into your mouth (irrumatio).