Spoiler Godly Empress Doctor

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kieshi, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Abkusumaa

Abkusumaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read +2000 chapters. The more i read this novel, the crazier i become.

This novel is quiet good for the first 1000 chapters but, the following chapters are just the repetition of the previous story and it's boring.

So, after reading that many chapters, i decided to quit reading i

Maki1006 and stumblmer like this.
  2. Purple Iris

Purple Iris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Boa is actually JLY's cousin sister. Boa's mother was the Princess sister of the emperor, one of the few people JLY cared for. So when the Princess passed away, Boa was given to JLY to raise. However she was born with 20 different diseases that prevents her from stepping out of the house. Mtl was hard to understand, I could only surmise that the Fairy Fruit could cure this disease of Bao who is currently in coma. The author had only created deliberate misunderstandings for the readers in the beginning. Boa is no rival of Feng Wu, she's only a child of five or seven? In any case, Boa is JLY's precious sister and nothing more than that.
    And yes. I too don't like JLY because of his past actions towards FW. No matter how good his character is becoming the prejudice runs too deep.
    As for Feng Wu. She as a character is very likeable but the author seems to forget that she was supposed to be a special agent in her past life, so her girly teenager personality is somewhat inconsistent to her past life's occupation. In this case, SL from DKC though unlikable, her character is very much convincing of her past life's occupation.
    But this novel is entertaining so I'll let those flaws slip by.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    stumblmer, capeSpirit and Mandyj like this.
  3. 14brendale

14brendale Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Please read my response. I know it’s long but I would like to know what your opinion is.

2. Have you read Evil Wang Pampers his Ghost Doctor Fei? Because I’ve read a lot of novels and even if there are some ML’s I don’t particularly care for, I still am able to tolerate them. The only thing the ML has going for him in Godly Empress Doctor is that while he’s a jerk, he’s also a tsundre which makes him tolerable to me. No other redeeming qualities but I can use the fact of him being a tsundre to view his character as amusingly stupid and find humor in the fact that he thinks the FL actually likes him. Even though he constantly gets in the FL’s way, causes her problems, tries to kill her a lot, does stupid things that hurt her and the people she cares about, and get jealous when she pays attention to other guys, by viewing his part as a comedic part, I find the ML tolerable. The ML in Evil Wang Pampers his Ghost Doctor Fei on the other hand is the first ML that I actually HATE! I like the FL but HATE the ML! I’ve lost count of how many times I wished he would just die. He is way too possessive and jealous. He threatens and often tries to kill the FL friends just because they’re male and even threatens her uncles! When her friends are badly injured and she tries to cure them he constantly interferes because he’s jealous and forcibly kisses her and prevents her from healing them! He keeps interfering with her cultivation as well! Sure he gives her good artifacts but they’re useless if she’s not strong enough but because the ML is constantly demanded her attention she isn’t able to cultivate! He’s absolutely useless. Sure he’s strong and saves her but she wouldn’t need saving if he just let her cultivate! He’s a selfish jerk! And I can’t stand how often he forcibly kisses her! He does it literally every chapter he appears in and he appears in ALOT of chapters! I have never hated a ML as much as I hate the one in this story! The author did a good job with the FL but completely ruined the ML. It’s to the point I will skip any chapter he appears. The ML is holding her back and pretty much threatening and usually attempting to kill any friends she makes because of jealousy. I really wish he would just disappear! He is just in the way! Words cannot express how much I hate the ML! And with all the making out and forcibly kissing he does to the FL(which is WAY TOO MUCH!) this story should have a smut tag or something. I literally want to gag and scream from all the descriptive kissing there is and how often it is! I have NEVER read a novel where the ML makes out with the GL as often as this one does! Enough with the kissing and get on with the story!! There are literally SEVERAL chapters JUST describing their make out sessions!! If the author lessened the kissing and toned down the ML’s possessive, selfish, and jealous personality, he would be a GREAT ML. A little bit of those three personality traits in the ML would be fine but they are completely overdone and combined with the constant(and I mean CONSTANT!)forcibly kissing the FL especially at important moments when the FL is trying to cultivate, do something important, or save people, it makes me HATE the ML! So if you think the ML of Godly Empress Doctor is bad just read Evil Wang Pampers his Ghost Doctor Fei! Some people like the ML forcibly kissing the FL and to a point it could be cute if it wasn’t so often and at such inconvenient times for the FL! And while the ML of Evil Wang Pampers his Ghost Doctor Fei is similar in many of the ways I listed above to the ML of Godly Empress Doctor, at least the Godly Empress Doctor has more of a comedic tone. To repeat what I said at the start even though the ML of Godly Empress Doctor constantly gets in the FL’s way, causes her problems, tries to kill her a lot, does stupid things that hurt her and the people she cares about, and get jealous when she pays attention to other guys, similar to the ML of Evil Wang Pampers his Ghost Doctor Fei, by viewing his part as a comedic part, I find the ML tolerable. Evil Wang Pampers his Ghost Doctor Fei doesn’t have that comedic tone and has more of a serious tone which is why I find the ML so annoying in that novel but the ML in Godly Empress Doctor tolerable. For those of you who read until the end and have read Evil Wang Pampers his Ghost Doctor Fei or have decided to read it, please let me know your opinion.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    stumblmer and RaNa531 like this.
  4. 14brendale

14brendale Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter are you at?

5. 14brendale

14brendale Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need spoilers.
    1. What happens to the girl who ruined the FL’s cultivation? When does she show up again? And when are her deeds exposed?
    2. When does the FL’s teacher who is in a coma wake up?
    3. When does that little Phoenix in the FL’s space get released?
    4. Also lots of spoilers of all the things that happen between chapter 280 and chapter 3464 would be appreciated:)

6. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    1. She shows up in some 3100+ and MC cripples her in 5000+ to get revenge. Her deeds gets exposed before she is crippled by MC.
    2. Hasn't woken up yet.
    As for 3 and 4, you've got to read yourself. There's a lot of face slapping and repetition of females hating her because of her beauty and JYL. It's basically the plot of how beauty is the root cause of all troubles (JLY's). Anyways there are plots surrounding academy and how everyone does not believe that MC doesn't like JLY when it's the other way round.
    It's 5000+ and it's about Empress Dowager causing trouble for MC because she doesn't like her. It's giving me the Hell King's Genius Pampered Wife vibes where the ML's grandmother who was against MC plots against her. Honestly I've gotten tired of ED so will be dropping this novel for a while until that ED either gets her shit together or just dies. I seriously hate her attitude of how the MC saving her life is her glory while she doesn't need to show kindness and repay her for that and even oppose her at every turn. I just want that Beauty Master to wake up and scare her to death after revealing himself to be her Master.
    I thought that she loved JLY but I think its mostly because she enjoys the glory he brings her and because of the prophecy that says he's going to be a monarch of the world. In short a power hungry old bitch who doesn't want MC to marry JLY because she thinks that she cannot control JLY if MC comes in his life.

7. Chan_Chan

Chan_Chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you read till chapter 5k+???? I'm reading the raws at 69shu and it only reaches till chapters 3700+! Please please pleaseeee tell me where you read the remaining chapters!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    sris likes this.
  8. Julles

Julles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly would have prefered her being together with the son of the dark church he do clearly likes her.... and isnt an ass just a bit childish

Maki1006 likes this.
  9. sris

sris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the novel I started and dropped nearly 2-1.5 years ago because I found it irritating at the times after reading translated chapters. But I picked it up recently and pretty much MTLed the novel till the current update. There are many chapters where I hated the ML in starting, but I don't know why later I kind of liked him after he decided to stop bullying, especially when he realized how much FL has to go through after body switching. He is still very much possessive, but he gives in to her demands in later parts and I love how independent Feng Wu is. Most of her adventure is her own (especially in later parts), only once I remember ML saving her, that too at the end only. Just starting chapters are very irritating, even more with brain dead Feng Xun and bitchy Feng Liu and her group. There are several arcs I enjoyed and have repeatedly read. The updates are a bit irregular for my taste and I hate not finishing up the novels in one go. But seeing author pattern from her other novel, it seems this will be a very long novel too.

stumblmer and Chan_Chan like this.
  10. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML switched bodies with Feng Wu at some point? That sounds hilarious

stumblmer and sris like this.
  11. Chan_Chan

Reading List:
    Link
    It was! JLY gets to know how much of a meanie was the oldie towards FW. And he realises her difficulties in life. I loved the later parts when he gives in everytime FW literally attacks him with her cute puppy-like sparkling eyes:blobmelt:

stumblmer and sris like this.
  12. sris

sris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, to save her he switched the souls/bodies. It was interesting. I thought author could explore more in that arc, but it was relatively short for my taste

stumblmer likes this.
  13. sris

sris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that was a very enjoyable experience. I would have loved if his feelings were told much more explicitly. Especially whenever Feng Wu tries to coax him and he behaves like a five-year-old baby throwing tantrum, not the murderous JLY.

stumblmer and Chan_Chan like this.
  14. Lilpriestess

Lilpriestess Fighting!

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering why I stopped reading this one. But it’s probably bc of the ML. I do love the MC. She’s awesome but the ML can be cold but not an idiot. Idiot does not make a good ML and choking for real. Yah. No. Thanks for the spoilers.

15. Lilpriestess

Lilpriestess Fighting!

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless he isn’t the ml??? And it’s her master who is the ML?

16. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From earlier in the thread from people who have read the raws/machine translations apparently the brat is indeed the ML rather than the beautiful master, unfortunately. He and how the author kept continually screwing over Feng Wu were why I stopped reading the story

Lilpriestess likes this.
  17. Chibi-Baby

Chibi-Baby Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi hi I have some exciting news . Godly empress doctor came out with a drama yes yes my friends a drama.!! You can find it on YouTube and I think Viki. Here is a link to it on YouTube. I hope you all enjoy. Mainly now we can see Feng wu and our cold hearted jun jun

MOonLIghT__ReVoLT likes this.
  18. Chibi-Baby

Chibi-Baby Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi hi! :) its me again. Sooo i watched episodes 1-12 of Dance of the phoenix. ( godly empress doctor.) I must say so far I do like it but there are a ton of similarities but also there are a lot of twist that makes it a lil different from the novel. Like the real reason why jun jun is cold-hearted to FW and how it changes to him falling for her even faster / harder . Also FW doesn't have a little bro, her beautiful mother is normal with no mental issues and many other things they have dropped or changed. But you can find eipsode 1- 12 on this link that I will be posting hope you will enjoy.

https://whatdrama.com/drama/dance-of-the-phoenix/watch/

19. Chan_Chan

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they had to do those changes in order to ensure the drama doesn't get long like 58-60 episodes....? Well Idk but i think so as the novel is still ongoing and its surely gonna be nearly as long as DKC. Btw, is the drama good? I've bookmarked it but I'm conflicted as to whether watch it or not :3

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  20. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    Dance of the Phoenix was good but the ending really got me frustrated. I mean, did they really need to torture the audience by the plot twist at the very day of FW and JLY's wedding? I almost didn't smash my phone in frustration.
    I get the scriptwriters and producers wanting to build the audience's appetite by ending abruptly and hinting on production of another season but this sort of ending is not increasing audience's interest but putting a wet blanket on them. At least, I did not appreciate it at all. The author dragging his/her novel is another thing but a drama going through so much plot twist is not funny at all.

Chan_Chan likes this.