Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm only talking about the ones that Van made, not Demons in their entirety.

IceFenix, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  2. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    So there's the Guduranis version and the Van version, but they're basically the same, besides composition?

Eddy andres likes this.
  3. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand, he is using the same process of the dungeons and eisen but in his own body and with demons (in what oddity vandeliu's anatomy will become at this step), because at the end of the day the souls are not created out of nowhere and they never mentioned that they are like vandel so you had to get souls from somewhere and loyal souls never left over for vandeliu.

IceFenix and hillo315 like this.
  4. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought they will adapt because their existences were created by corrupted mana, as long as they absorb Van man they will change.

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  5. hidefreek

Reading List:
    Link
    Rokudou is fastfood industry while Van is handmade 5 star restaurant.
    Rokudou used advanced technologies in Origin to do his binding while Van is purely handicrafts. (Printing golem had been created by him)
    Because of it Rokudou is lacking precision fundamental knowledge of manufacture. (So that's why I once told Rokudou cheat ability is a total waste on him)
    Van knew fundamental basic even he doesn't know what atom name is but he remembers all of knowledge when he had been tortured (technically just stored all information and ready to use in Lamda with small adjustments)
    So Rokudou want to buy time as many as possible until he can create a deadlock in Lamda and Challenge both Alda's faction and Vida's faction.
    Asagi maybe not stand idle but he is a puppet cause by fraud information. Rodcorte could use this point as his advantage against Van. Rodcorte see Asagi and his team as a pawn to destroy Vandalieu, the more self-righteousness Asagi is, the more usage he could be. (His elements nullify is a very terrify weapon when use in the right moment)

6. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know if his magic nulify is working originally like in origin:blobspy::blobspy:.

hillo315, hidefreek and Eddy andres like this.
  7. hidefreek

Reading List:
    Link
    He can't completely nulify Van' death attitude but still very annoying.
    Asagi own cheat's ability is weak even mere lich:cookie: posed threat against him but with Rodcorte support, Asagi is a one time used distraction item(Van will show him no mercy:sweating_profusely:) to cause rift in many way (Not all braver appreciate Van:blobconfounded:and somehow i sensed Rokudou can absorb Asagi ability after the latter death and become some sole DA user he want:blobspearpeek:)

8. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter how rokudo try , he will never got full DA even with gurdunaris memory.

9. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still kind of pissed off in that he basically hampered his unlimited potential by acquiring Death Attribute... Also I don't think Guduranis was as creative as Van in the use of Death Attribute (If he is the originator of it)

10. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    H
    He want to become special since his cheat isn't really that great expecially since he become gods and can use lambda system

11. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    his ambition to become an god ironically blocked his best ways to become one, in truth, I do not quite agree to say that rokudo is an evil reflection of vandeliu, because for that he should care about vandeliu first, but if he acts as a contrast, while rokudo had the resources from the beginning, vandeliu started from less than zero, while van is artisanal, rokudo is industrial, rokudo's motivation is to be special regardless of who has to sacrifice, vandeliu's motivation is Do not bother others too much and be "ordinary" but with your family and a couple of luxuries. both have different ideals and philosophies of life, but it does not necessarily make them good or bad (being sincere the evils that rokudo has done do not compare with those that vandeliu can or has done), only that in this case the ideals collide and As the story of this story has been, the winner writes the story.

12. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bakunawa is at that age when everything he gets his hands on goes into his mouth.:cookie:

Korleone, Mesaphrom, Bla8bla and 7 others like this.
  13. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -[Demon Binding] and [Demon Training] are reasonable translations too if you want to go with those. I went with different words because Densuke uses 3 different terms for demon-type monsters, the training skill, and the binding skill. (デーモン, 悪魔, and 悪 respectively) So since Densuke wasn't being consistent between the 3, I decided I shouldn't be either. But as you pointed out, translation between languages is very subjective, as perfect 1-to-1 semantic equivalents between words and phrases just don't exist, so it depends on what you want to focus on.
    -Van has had cases before where inadvertent activation of new skills combined with his massive mana pool causes the experience to instantly max out. In this chapter I think the implication was him generating a ton of demons-type monsters in an unused inner world did it.
    -I just find it weird the word 錬成 / training was used instead of something similar. (at this point my best theory is that 錬 is a character used in "alchemy", so maybe there's just an alternate fantasy / web meaning for the term I don't know and it's more like "demonic materialization" or some such.:blobawkward:)
    -About 整霊士 (argh there being two separate concepts of spirit/霊 and soul/魂 in this novel. :notlikeblob:)
    -装〇術 are the binding skills that have let Van equip bugs / plants / allies / anything that fits on top of his shadow / etc. into his body.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  14. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    How about Demon Transmutation?

Google Translate gives me Spirit Master or something. I can't be sure because I don't know what it's supposed to actually do. :blobunsure:

Bla8bla and Eddy andres like this.
  15. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It work. That time he lost against a lich is because Asagi hability ONLY nuliffy ELEMENTAL magic NOT NON ATRIBUTE ONE, he got shot by lich's non atribute bullet thinking it would get nullified, serves him right :cookie::blobpopcorn_cool::blobxd:

By the way, in origin he was able to nullify DA as long as it isn't a spell that works inside the DA user job. But it's unknow if now in Lambda there is a limit - like ballor had in origin - to how many mana he can nuliffy at once, well, not that it is a problem since even so he can be instakilled by a single hit of van's mana bullet [Non At. magic]

By the way, i have been counting how many job changes van has done and from what i got his daemon ruler is his 41° job and that spirit something is his 42° one, but i was unabble to understand the meaning of the names of a good amount of his jobs after the 26th due to mtl... is there anyone who knows a accuratte translation/meaning of his 26th Job and beyond?

Another topic: I also have been thinking why Van doesn't reveal to the world about a part of the true of several events up until now via a third influential (allied) party.

He could ask Schneider & cia to free the Peria and Botin Amid priests arrested for trying to convey the godesses oracles. Reveal that they worked with other Vida heroes to help unlock botin seal that ONLY THESE OTHER HEROES were able to unseal her and many of them are vida new races inclunding their "leader" been a vampire (althought half, but they dont need to know yet :blobtongue:).
    Even going as far as to reveal that they told Alda gods they were going to unseal botin and got unreasonabely attacked. After months, finnally managing to open a way Through to reach the seal.

When Botin and her subordinate gods were released THE GODS OF ALDA DARED TO ELIMINATE NOT ONLY THEM BUT EVEN THE GODDESS HERSELF JUST BECAUSE SHE DECLARED DO NOT AGREED ABOUT EVERYTHING ALDA WAS DONE. In the ends Alda's gods got wiped out and not only Botin, but even Peria sided with Vida

Some othes trues very disavantaging to Alda and good for Vida could be revealed by them (not everything, for inteligence warfire sake, just the essential). Giving a huge blow against the Empire, Alda and even have such news reach the masses in Orbaum.

I will write more later, i just realised i wrote (far) more than i intended t. Lol

Bla8bla, Arbelbyss, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  16. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    @Nimitz Luckily his father and mother are always there to prevent him from eating something or someone who hurts him.

@RichardNova about the priests may do so in the future, if a couple of dozen priests were kidnapped from an emperor it does not seem much, the matter of telling the truth is a different story, you can not wash 100,000 years of washing brain with its current credibility, that is the point of the current plan, gradually gain influence and credibility so that people adapt to the presence of the races of life, are guided by van and by serious telling the truth.

hillo315 and IceFenix like this.
  17. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasnt it mostly cases where Van inadvertently fulfiled conditions to max job out before he actually got the job, kinda like he had many demon king fragments before he actually taken demon king job ?

Bla8bla, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  18. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt weird when Botin ask Van what he will do if undead lost control if he die when he literally just become either undead or gods if he got killed.

Bla8bla, IceFenix and hillo315 like this.
  19. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, did his guider skill change?
    It doesn’t have a level anymore and seems a bit shorter...
    What I got from google translate was:

末那識誘引
    末 end, 那識 knowlegde, 誘引 inducement

導き:末那識
    導き guider, 末 end, 那識 knowlegde

hillo315 likes this.
  20. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    True

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.