Discussion Why are CN readers so bloodthirsty?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Minarett, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minarett

Minarett Peaceful Adventurer

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't keep track of the amount of times i've gone into the reviews of a novel and seen people that are angry that the MC hasn't exterminated all his enemies and their families.

kenar, mir, Wreavant and 11 others like this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    You would be too if they took your Winnie the Pooh away.

3. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume because the plot involved sparing the enemy who threatened to kill the MCs entire lineage.

The bad guy probably shows up later on to cause more shit and they dont wanna read something dumb like that.

MonkeDanana, zanari, kenar and 18 others like this.
  4. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    All those CH novels that went into their brains, you suppose they didnt learn anything from it?

kenar, mir and AA70098 like this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Strange. I mostly hear CN readers complaining about how bloodthirsty and hypocritical CN MCs are. And the wanting to kill foes usually applies to annoying, cockroach-like villains.

firefox1234, kenar, Nightow1 and 13 others like this.
  6. Minarett

Minarett Peaceful Adventurer

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not just the CN novels though. They go into JP novels and do the same thing.

mir likes this.
  7. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Generally there is two reasons. The first is that the MC has shown his willigness to kill off all the enemies and their families and then just doesn't for one group and then a few scenes later the villain who he let off comes back and causes more trouble for the MC often involving the MC's love interest/s. Or second the MC has let someone off in deference to x old master when he is clearly in a position to rid them from the world and it seemed like he was just wasting time until this old master has appeared. This is especially annoying when they usually show no respect or said villain doesn't repent which happens to be most of the time.
    This is memeing XD or because they are very very annoyed that someone has been allowed to live for so goddamned long holy fuck would you just stop him so he stops trying to rape your wife goddamnit man!

kkgoh and scribbledoutname like this.
  8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    :ROFLMAO:

9. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    cause why wait for problem to come back and bite you back when you can settle it once and for all.

10. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    In a typical CN setting, let say a hoodlum harrass you sister, you beat him, he goes and reported it to his backer, some young master. Beat the young master, then he report it to his clan elders. Beat them and somehow the clan have their own backing who also will dip their fingers in the fray.
    Beating them and killing them on public lead to pretty much the same situation. Killing them in secret helps to give more time.

kkgoh, Liyus, BigBadBoi and 2 others like this.
  11. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good question. But it's not only bloodthirst. They often lack a general amount of common sense.

As examples:
    They flamed in CoS (a very good novel btw, read it) because the MC did not execute his half-sister over a minor act of treason. Sure, she didn't contribute anything to the family so far but there were no precedents of treason or other misconduct. On top of that she was deceived into doing it (even if she did it quite willingly). So... why would you execute her on the spot? You wouldn't. Nobody in the setting bar some mindless beasts in human skin would.

In the same novel (and not too many chapters away from the first occurance) Apeiron, the empress, attacks Sharon (MCs master) with the intent to rob her. People thought that it would be fine and would have no lasting consequences. Like, excuse me, wtf? That was a declaration of war towards an ally. Would any sane person which got attacked (after an already brutal battle, no less) not bear any grudges and basically mentally void any pacts they had with the attacker?! To add insult to injury Apeiron greviously injured Richard, who is Sharons lover, after he clapped her subordinate. This subordinate attempted to kill Richard on multiple ocassions despite being a supposed ally and this time he again was the agressor. Just. Fucking. WHY???

They just lost all connection to the inherent logic of a setting. Heck, in most CNs people kill each other over a reservation at a restaurant. There is no retraint. No logic. No thinking.No consequences. Heck, people like trash like AST, ATG and MGA. Mindless garbage basically. And after reading a few of these it affects how they judge novels.

12. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say bloodthirsty but wanting to see justice. Kills the Mc entire family or showed stubborn stupdity. Yet someone the MC spares them at the end? lol

scribbledoutname likes this.
  13. hawlol

hawlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's usually because MC in the CN novels are hypocrites. A random young master with 10 goons mocks him or makes a move on his girl and the guy exterminates all of them without blinking an eye.
    Then another character who killed dozens/hundreds of innocent ppl gets a pass from the MC for no fucking reason and comes later for revenge, or for a literal fucking reason if it's a pretty girl and joins his harem.

14. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CóS?

15. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    City of Sin.

16. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not blood thirsty. I believe in destroying the enemies not leaving them around to try and kill you again. Plus like another reply said I don't want to read about the second bad plot by said enemy.

17. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Those aint bloodthirst, just perfectionist.

Nightow1 and GDLiZy like this.
  18. Blood-Lust

Blood-Lust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cut the weeds, burning the roots

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  19. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Because many CN novels they read are too bloody when they see one that didn't become as bloody they rant.

And if it's bloody gore they rant too saying it's too bloody

...humans

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  20. maddox9

maddox9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree it totally pisses me off because as at 5 years ago when I started reading light novels I always invest myself emotionally in the story seeing myself as the mc so if the mc was said to be evil and ruthless I expect him to act like one but if he was the righteous type I expect him to behave accordingly. It wasn't until 9 months ago that I started reviewing all the tons of novels I read and then I realized all those authors have been taking us for a ride and mocking our intelligence.
    Imagine a MC that was murdered by some chick he had no grievances with in his past life , after been reborn swears to the heaven he will find her and then kill her thats the was about to be killed by another chick he didn't offend in the current life but he will later risk his life to save her even offend lots of influential young masters while doing it

kenar and mir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.