[Game of Idleness] - Kingdom Royale: Succession War 3

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Blitz, Oct 13, 2019.

?

Who didn't kill the king?

1. Fossil the sack of bones

8.3%
  2. guagcamole ginger

12.5%
  3. Enigma the hat shop

8.3%
  4. wraith the evolving

12.5%
  5. nyann who is no sempai

8.3%
  6. susanty the comet

4.2%
  7. I just like polls

20.8%
  8. I wanna spectate

25.0%
  1. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    A failing kingdom
    And its people with their self-interest

Foreward
    this is a variation of the classic KR format and was first conducted by @iampsyx
    The GM this time is @Blitz
    What a bleak forwards

And this is a template.
    Story
    Ahem, ahem

The tree spirit/king @Cypress was known for 2 things.
    One her merciless and betrayal-filled stabbing sprees. Nothing too out of ordinary for a denizen of @Satan 's domain
    Two her beautiful and ancient @Cypress tree. So vast that she even built a castle into or at least she made her servents do so. The bark so deep and red much like blood. The exotic and rusty smell that pervaded the entire domain. The withered and lifeless land that made up her domain. Simply one of a kind really.
    Three her love for Bl. Did I say 2? I meant 3
    ...oh year four her beautiful and lovely wife and kids and secret lovers and whatnot. Nothing too important
    Anyways the king recently went Splat after eating a suspicious and sentient @GonZ555 . Next, the logical thing would be to quickly find out who had served the meal or whatever had caused their death and holding a solemn burial. However, life doesn't always follow one's expectations~
    Minutes after the king crocked her wonderful wife and kids began slinging accusations at one other of murdering the king followed by declaring themselves the only one fit to rule this piece of dirt. The king's lifestyle and choices did breed quite the unique progeny it did.
    @AliceShiki who lives next door tried to endure all the nonsense but when the rumble of explosives had started to ring she had enough. She kicked all the offending members onto some island owned by a pal so they could deal with it themselves "civilly".She also tossed some magical knives to help speed up the discussion. Seriously this is like the 2nd time that one of her neighbours caused a regicide. Hopefully, she can have a peaceful cup of tea now.
    Rules
    sign up at http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/kingdom-royale-interest-thread.12055/.
    Each game will be hosted on a different game thread.

• No private messages between participants about the game (meta-gaming). Private messages for other purposes are allowed.
    • You are forbidden from giving any form of clues/hints/or [Kingdom Royale] related remarks outside from this thread and each secret conversation chat rooms.
    • While I appreciate that RL takes precedence, please inform me if you're going to disappear for a while. I can always shoehorn someone else in there.
    • Observers are forbidden from giving any form of clues/hints/or [Kingdom Royale] related remarks to the players.
      While you are not forbidden from chatting casually or joke around (in moderation) in the game thread and each secret conversation chat rooms, it is highly probable that you might accidentally slipped some clues. So unless you are 100% sure that your post does not contain any of the mentioned above, please refrain from posting. I highly recommend you to ask anything you do not understand privately to the moderator of the game instead of in either thread and chat rooms.
      This also apply to ghosts.
    • Global forum rules apply.

Game mechanics
    1. Day and night cycle take twenty-four (24) hours each, counting from the start of the phase, unless it is unanimously voted to be ended early.
      • Both day and night can be voted to end early.
      • It is suggested to all players that if they do not have any intent of doing other actions on the current phase, that they vote to end it earlier so as to not delay the game unnecessarily.
    2. Before the [Day Phase] end, each player may select another player to form a private chatroom for the night. This does not need the consent of the other player. Both players will then be transported into the private room, where they can talk, deal, scheme, or attempt to murder each other without anyone knowing.
      • If a player fail to specify a person, it will default to "no chat" option.
      • Skills unique to roles do not need the player to be on a night chatroom with their targets to be activated.
    3. Each role has a different victory condition. The game ends when all surviving players have met their victory condition.
    4. All players start with 5 HP.
    5. All players will recover 1 HP at the beginning of [Day Phase].
    6. All players are given a knife, which can be used to [Stab] the other players regardless of roles.
      • [Stab] may be done once per cycle, either day or night.
      • The knife will disappear once it has been used it to stab someone.
      • A new knife will be given to each player who has lost it on the next day.
    7. Each [Stab] will reduce the remaining HP of the target by 2.
    8. Attacking with the [Stab] action during the daytime will be announced to everyone.
      • Attacking at night will only be announced to the target (in the night chatrooms). However, it can only be done to the attacker's conversation partner.
    9. Defend mechanic:
      • If you still hold a knife (refer to point 6) and you're stabbed at the [Day Phase], you can 'defend' against stabs, and the damage received will be halved to 1 HP.
      • If a player set up stab (and is set up to be stabbed) at the same time through scheduling, I shall deem defend to not happen. All attacks are received in full.
        For example, if A scheduled to stab B at the end if day and B scheduled to stab C at the same time, the scheduled stab to B shall be received in full.
      • At the [Night Phase], the defend mechanic does not apply.
    10. You can schedule your [Stab] actions with conditional order.
    11. Roles will NOT be announced upon death. Nor will players be informed of their remaining HP.
    12. If THREE cycles (day and night) have passed OR three players have been eliminated, sudden death will occur. During the sudden death, no HP will be regenerated.
    13. If THREE cycles (day and night) have passed AND three players have been eliminated, all remaining players lose 1 HP, i.e. just hurry and die.
    14. If amazingly the game goes on for SIX cycles (day and night), the Mummy end is triggered and @Cypress plays Russian roulette to decide

Roles

(1) Queen - the monarch's young and ambitious spouse. Married the monarch a year after the previous royal consort died. Parent of the Delinquent Prince.
    • Abilities: [Murder] - Select a player to be killed. If the Sorcerer accepts, the target dies at the end of [Night Phase].
    • Victory Condition: Deaths of 3 Princes and Dark Sorcerer, Survival of self
    (2) Dark Sorcerer - one of the monarch's trusted subordinates. Suspects that the Queen and the Sorcerer murdered the King, and swore revenge for his lord.
    • Abilities: [Murder Spy] - Learns the murder order by the Queen but cannot perform sorcery
    • Magic-proof: is immune to sorcery
    • Victory Condition: Death of Queen and other Sorcerer, Survival of self
    (3) Sorcerer - seduced by the beautiful Queen, is suspected to have played a part in the monarch's untimely demise and that is now plagued by guilt. Aims to look for the heir most suitable to succeed the monarch and help them claim the throne.
    • Abilities: [Sorcery] - Can choose whether to accept or reject the Queen's murder order. If the order is accepted, the target dies at the end of the [Night Phase]. Restriction: Cannot use sorcery on Queen
    • Victory Condition: Survival of self and 1 prince
    (4) Poison Prince (can only use one ability per night phase) - the monarch's covetous younger sibling. Is convinced that the Queen murdered the monarch and that the 2 other heirs do not deserve the throne. Is also suspected of killing the King.
    • Abilities: [Spy] - Chooses 1 person to spy on during night chatroom (but will only be able to see that person's pms and not the conversation partner's)
    • [Poison] - Can choose one player in a shared chatroom to poison (only once in the game). Target will not be able to regenerate health and instead loses 1 health every day, and will not be told that they have been poisoned.
    • Victory Condition: Death of Queen and other Princes, Survival of Self
    (5) Trap Prince (yep, I like this name lololol) - the monarch and the previous royal consort's child. Believes that the throne is rightfully his, and will do all that he can to protect his birthright. Is also also suspected of killing the King.
    • Abilities: [Spy] - Chooses 1 person to spy on during night chatroom (but will only be able to see that person's pms and not the conversation partner's)
    • [Trap] - Sets a trap for another royal by choosing one of the three enemy roles at the start of the game (Poison Prince, Queen, or Delinquent Prince) and if user and target are the only remaining players, the target will be killed by the trap.
    • Victory Condition: Death of Queen and other Princes, Survival of Self
    (6) Delinquent Prince (can only use one ability per night phase) -the monarch and the Queen's child. Has the opinion that the other 3 heirs are either evil (Queen), mad (Poison Prince) or stupid (Trap Prince) and that the kingdom will fall into ruin if they get the throne. Is also suspected of killing the King.
    • [Ambush] - Can prevent the target from acting during a day or night phase (only once in the game). Target will not be informed that their action was unsuccessful.
    Player List

Anyways it is confirmed rumoured that the kings own family and staff were responsible for his death. In fact, all of them may have had a hand in his untimely death

Anyways it is confirmed rumoured that the kings own family and staff were responsible for his death. In fact, all of them may have had a hand in his untimely death

AliceShiki, Cypress, Fossil and 2 others like this.
  2. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to remove that when I copied from the previous game.Orz and I'm scared to edit it again for the bb errors <.<

3. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll start the game in a couple of hours when I wake up. I made the thread a bit early since I would be away from the pc for a bit <.<
    Any stabs you make while the game hasn't begun will still count tho

Pyoo, Enigma, Nyann and 1 other person like this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Teeheehee~? *gwumbles about the like limit*

Fossil, Capsize, Blitz and 1 other person like this.
  5. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I wanna play this...but I feel like this is too complicated for me right now~ :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Blitz likes this.
  6. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    For my first game I took it veeerrryyy seriously and was really heartbroken at the betrayal

wraith, Fossil, Enigma and 2 others like this.
  7. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    I probably would take it seriously as well~ :blob_coffee:

8. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no "out of character" here though :blobrofl: getting in character early in the game will probably get you in trouble

Fossil, Blitz and SquadCammander354 like this.
  9. RNGesus

RNGesus <<+10 Luck upon seeing this Nuffian>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks fun! Death by RNG!

Blitz and SquadCammander354 like this.
  10. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahem could you edit this?
    You did say 3, what do you mean by 2?

Nyann and SquadCammander354 like this.
  11. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    edit what?
    that's just in reference to the beginning in which it was written

Nyann likes this.
  12. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    it's quite simple to pick up, you should join the next game~

13. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, just tell me~

14. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww yeah, stabby time! :blobpopcorn_cool:
    Aww man...it isnt ready...:blobpopcorn_two:

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  15. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    but you didn't meant 3, you meant 4

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  16. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay so we can stab really early this game

It's not that bad, just find roles you can win with and stab people you can't. Mostly about getting lucky with your first visits and knowing who to trust
    you can stab before the game starts this time!!!

17. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    So...who do we stab first? Granted we should hang onto our knives, but.... What fun is there in that?!

18. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    We could stab Blitz and watch him rain knives on all the culprits? That sounds fun doesn't it.?

SquadCammander354 and Fossil like this.
  19. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    *hides particle cannon away somewhere*

20. wraith

wraith -----------------

Reading List:
    Link
    How much damage does it do?