Designated Parking

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Oct 13, 2019.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in an apartment complex that has designated parking for all the parking spaces. Guests have to park on the street or elsewhere. Each apartment has two designated parking spaces.

This fateful and unfortunate night, I came home late and found my designated parking was taken. I wasn’t too happy. I was furious and wanted to write a note to the driver: these are designated parking for tenants, please park on the street next time you come around thanks. But I thought the better of it and sent an email to the property manager instead. It just added to my fire when my little sister told me she heard the downstair neighbor instructed the guest to park in our designated parking lot. Everyone should know the rule around here.

If this is becoming a common occurrences, I will have to put a note on the driver’s window and nag the property manager. Keeping track of the license plate and car appearances would be a good thing. It could track down whose guest is parking in tenant parking.

What would you do?

2. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you use that parking lot? Or you don't? For me that's only small thing.

We have similar experience, once someone park in my designated parking. Instead of irritated by said tresspasser. I just park my car right next to my designated lot. I made it so it's hard for the tresspasser to open his/her car door.

Next morning when someone yell at me, I just said that they park at my lot and leave like a boss..

3. Duran

Duran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are lockable parking poles. They can only be folded down if you unlock it with a key. You can request for one and make the property owner pay for it.
    [​IMG]

4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    People would often steal my parking spot for work, so I just had the parking manager put an aggressive note on their vehicle threatening to tow them if they ever come back. I wish we just towed them right away, but I suppose we were supposed to show mercy or something.

5. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh damn, good idea. I am so gonna try it sometime in the future lol

prongsjiisan and Innieminnie like this.
  6. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    I do use it. That’s why I am so furious.
    I can’t do what you did. The tenants were home so of course their parking lot was parked. Not like I could do anything. I can’t go down to apartment 6 and parked their lots. I think the problem is my downstair neighbor.

It doesn’t happen too often, at least right now. Tonight, I am just easily trigger.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  7. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like this kind of happened in my old workplace.

We have a parking at the back of the building specifically for loading & unloading deliveries. We have multiple huge red signage that says no parking, this parking are for delivery trucks only, & their car will be towed.

Then 1 night, there's this expensive bmw car that parked in, a security guard immediately saw it & warned the guy to move his car because they will tow it, guard even pointed at the signs.

The dude ignored the guard & just left. Another guard called the tow truck, it came after an hour & took the car away.

& after roughly 3 hours, the owner came back & saw his car is gone, he aggressively knocked/punched the gate asking where his car is.

prongsjiisan, cap.toon and kenar like this.
  8. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Just call a tow company and have them tow the car away. :blobpopcorn: You're paying for rent and the designated parking lot is part of the contract. :blobunsure: If your neighbor wants to use your parking lot, they should be paying you. :blobangery: Don't let them steal money from you. :blobwoah:

kenar, cap.toon and prongsjiisan like this.
  9. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just call the manager or security and inform him some unknown person was parking in your lot, you don't think he's a resident. For one, it lets the building manager have a record of how often your neighbor gets his guests to park in other people's lots and for another it tars the guy as a security risk. Let the manager handle the PR headaches, unless you for some reason or other like screaming matches. Leave the screaming to the manager.

mir likes this.
  10. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Well manager never got back to me. So I’ll call the office tomorrow. I’ll note it down. Maybe I should also start taking photo too. Gahahaha.

11. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    dont forget write down the date in your note :blobpats: