Discussion The system you would have when you get isekai-ed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0000000, Oct 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Big whoop, someone summoned you to another world, you got hit by plane/meteor-kun, you died due to trying to play hero, etc etc. So now that you are in another world with God/Goddess/X being your ever loving POS guide, he/she/it decided you get to have a system, because who doesn't like to have an OP skill, except there is a catch. Said system must derive from the games you play, be it Tabletop DnD, MMORPG,, CCGs or any types of game (that has a system) from any platform, yes, even Phone scrubs (AOI player here).

I got this thread up because:
    a. Bored af after a game of Crossout (a PC game that requires you to either pay-to-win or GRIND TO THE MAX, I did not do either)
    b. Thought would be fun to see different system types clash, yes even the waifu-summoning FGO, we have the novel/manga Gacha summon MC already...
    c. Nuffians, just in case I got isekai-ed and the starting money is nuffians.

Template as below:
    System from which game (platform?) and why:
    What it got:
    Self made limitations (because X is a POS as spoken):

Example of mine:
    System from which game (platform?) and why: The crafting system from Crossout (PC), because I am playing the game and I thought it will be cool if I get to summon armed vehicles (just cars) in a medieval world (generic af)
    What it got: Daily quests to earn you mats (I do that), weekly quests to earn you mats and car parts (gatcha) like weapons (I do some of that), crafting station (sub space) that allows you to mod your ride.
    Self made limitations (because X is a POS as spoken): In the initial game the crafting station requires you to actually pay with in-game money and use in-game mats. My self made limitations will be that for higher tier car parts I will need corresponding mats from the isekai world to craft. My own system cannot provide me such mats like Dragon Scale or Orc Skin or anything that isn't from the original game.

J0HNL8 and Astaroth like this.
  2. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Skyforge system as I would be an immortal/protogod in the making as well as the diverse system.

Mantrazz likes this.
  3. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    Level System: inflation rpg leveling up and getting stronger very quickly
    Crafting system: none.
    Self set limitations(POS): I can only use weapons from the in game store. Said store uses the in game currency. Said currency follows game rules (after 30 fights I must spend my gold as the 31rst fight will take all my money away)

Edit: experience is not given after 30 battles and must be manually reset(to avoid sudden and extreme level drops).

Ways to exploit system: gold resets automatically while exp resets manually. Get exp cap than fight 30 slightly difficult battles, finally use the gold you have to buy the best items you can rinse and repeat (that is if you can find said battle).

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    0000000 likes this.
  4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Minecraft: thaumcraft mod.

My reason for this is that the crafting system is very logical, the lore being that you have to study and research to gain more magic techniques. Also everything can be melted into it's alchemical essence which I could use for spell runes or crafting more advanced equipment. Essentially the limits would be whatever I could research, and I'd likely be able to recreate more advanced vis collectors, large scale casters, and comuter tech (since I'm a compsci guy). My major weakness here would be the fact that I'd need to collect resources to have any sort of power, and some of those can be rather difficult to come by.

5. Dgsmasta

Dgsmasta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So my system will have loot boxes, huh.

Temujin likes this.
  6. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm about to sleep so why not answer before I wake up.

etrian odyssey, because the skill choices are a lot and I squeal in delight at the choices I could combine.
    What it got: The skills are a lot and depending on which class you have you could conquer the WORLD!!
    Self made limitations (because X is a POS as spoken): no free points at the start so essentially starting at zero skills and I have to reach the master class to unlock a subclass. Also, I have to start from etrian odyssey I and need to finish a boss quest to unlock the next series game classes. This means I have to stick to ONE character class at the start and it would limit me a lot because in the game it is either pure damage, pure heal/support, or weak at both but have similar skills. No crafting so basically local products only.

0000000 likes this.
  7. KukiAme

KukiAme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    System from which game (platform?) and why?
    TES V Skyrim
    u know, ten years knowledge of console command cheat would be worth it
    What it got
    Pretty basic and solid system, adding mod irl sound fun to~
    Self made limitations
    XXBXBBXX?X??X?AS?SX??S?XS?X:??ZX)(_@|CX?>@#W)(UX*

0000000 likes this.
  8. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Counter strike any of them kills grant money and with that money you can buy guns with ammunition. Grenades and armour! What more do you need. OTHER THE PHASING but I can’t think of any system to give me phasing T_T

0000000 likes this.
  9. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking TES III Morrowind's system. I remember there being more freedom in it to mess with magic than Skyrim.

starwarscards likes this.
  10. yakuzapandaz

yakuzapandaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    System from which game (platform?) and why?
    Monster Hunter

It is simple enough
    What it got
    Pretty basic and solid system where you get stronger with your items and experience
    Self made limitations
    You are only as strong as your items are but like the game you will always be at your peak performance at all times.

0000000 likes this.
  11. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    System from which game (platform?) and why?: Wizardry VII for the PC . Because it is one of the few RPG games with literally unlimited leveling cap and multiple races and classes to choose between.

What it got
    : I now have the ability to make up to six bodies that are all controlled by my almost hive-mind self with different skills races, gender, and specialties. every time i level up i can add points to skills and stats that stack infinitely as long as i keep getting exp.

Self made limitations
    : base stats are almost completely randomized and can be incredibly low or incredibly high. I won't be able to create more than just the one body i will start with until after i level up and complete some basic achievements. Also the system will not automatically give me the ability to multi task on controlling multiple bodies at once, nor will it give me instinctive knowledge on how different races or opposite gender differ in function so i will need to train or find a way to gain skills and knowledge to make the best use out of my Legion of me.

0000000 likes this.
  12. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    I was about to post this

13. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh that's a hard one. I can think of plenty of awful, unbalanced ones and even outright evil systems, but not one that is
    a) fair, but hardcore difficulty (love me some difficulty)
    b) rewarding, but not OP
    c) has no mind/soul altering shenanigans, I wouldn't want my self to be overwritten at the whims of some omnipotent system because I earned enough xp or put a skill point into something

Heck, DnD is the logical choice, but lame and unimaginative. Plus the idea of 'spells per day limit' sucks! I could get fancy, though.

Roguelite system with semi-permanence, maybe something like Everspace or even Shovel warrior, but adapted for fantasy adventures. I don't think space ship skills are that viable against goblins. But hey, maybe thrown in cyberpunk, steampunk, high fantasy, sci-fi worlds if you want, I guess.
    What it got:
    Trade in exp/money/skills earned the last round to increase base stats and abilities in the next. Eg. Base mana, hp, start with a better weapon, more money etc. So you became a [Sergeant of master Sergeants] in the last round? Congrats, you can invest some of that into increasing your base [important person of extreme Sergeants to the max] rank. Cost vastly increases per rank up, so you are not OP just after doing one round. GOTTA EARN IT!
    Self made limitations (because X is a POS as spoken):
    If you die, you can never go back, all your friends, family, accomplishments and so on are gone forever, lost to the multiverse. Whatever eldritch horror, demon lord or comfy farming town life might turn to shit without you, and you will be judged on your failures. Do terribly on the last round? Get penalized in the next, including but not limited to stats, curses and exp debuffs. No godlike OP strength, no super cheats, no convenient cat girl waifu slaves on spawn. Just you and whatever your quest is, even if it's to just enjoy yourself.

But you can't suck too hard or it will be your last round. So no yolo swaggins 420 if you don't want to risk losing everything.

14. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

0000000 likes this.
  15. Bias

Bias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fallout.

Look, at 100% skill, its pretty much perfection. The most broken system in all of isekai. Also, when isekaied, perks pretty much will be unlimited.

Its only limit? You need to struggle to survive first.

0000000 likes this.
  16. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    If I take a mobile game system can i pay to win?

17. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i would like to have the slime system, so i can spread my slime in the new world, if you get my gist.

lol, now being serious: i would still like to have the slime system; but how a slime system would work? let me tell you because of course since i'm isekai protagonist the slime system would be OP;
    the very basic and low level would be that i'm able to transform in slime and multiply my slime power to do low level task and once i level up my slime power would evolve in multiples ways as well , some ways i would be able to use but not limited to it alone:
    • different elements:fire-ice-water slimes, different type of elemental slimes.
    • different state of matters; slime is liquid but could solidify in crystals slime that could work even as temporary energy container ,since they are primary made with my MP.
    • able to create slime summons from the animals-monsters cores , overall replication ability that all slimes have characteristic of the slime created would depend on the monster core, mp used and overall parameters i set when creating (like add different elements, state and so on). .
    • eating slimes: for example i made a slime clone and send them to collect fruit and once dissolved it would be a slime fruit energy drink, since the slimes is basically made with my MP plus the matter they would consume when alive, of course it would not be cost effective for daily use since i would need matter+MP for each, but would be good to use in my slow days to make provisions and experiments.
    • could use slime clones and matter state (crystallized form) to craft.
    downside:
    • slime as we know is one of the weakest mob's on rpg, so until i get some levels and start it i pretty would also get a slow start and be weak, even more the until i get enough MP to create slimes cores from the monsters cores i killed.
    • the overall weakness-strength depending on which slime's "mode" i'm in and element and matter state.
    • if my núcleos is lost or any slime-clone núcleos is lost/destroyed is bye bye for me or my sentient clone slimes that i devoured, so i need to make new ones. (ps: as we know high leveled slimes could even have fake cores or more than one core, so i could as well once i level up enough).

i think this is enough: have this photo with my general type of transformation and my slime devas generals who would help me in my journey, once i found the appropriate monster to eat and turn in a slime.
    [​IMG]
    i ,of course, would be the slimes on the lower level when i'm transformed, started slow from a simple glob until i evolve to the middle part (the 7 different colors slime), above them the slimes who are a mixture of "animal + slime" is the result of my slime clone ability when used monster cores

extra extra extra positive point :
    • when healing with my slime transformation-mode who would splash on all the girls to cure them and let the man to die,
    • could even go a tentacle play when i'm bored at home, if you get the gist of it and i'm not even a tentacle guy, but as they say in rome do as the romans do, since i have a slime mode who can create tentacles, why not give it a try after all is a new world to discover and live.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  18. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    System from which game (platform?) and why: G.U.R.P.S by Steve Jacksom Games. Why is because as of the last time playing it, it was the most comprehensive system that would let you build literally any character archetype and take it into any setting. The game rules even had the flexibility to make the world as realistic or as fantastical as needed.
    What it got: hundreds of skills, advantages, disadvantages, superpowers, spells, and ect. The only limitations are those imposed by the world you enter or those you give yourself.
    Self made limitations (because X is a POS as spoken): will only be giving myself 100 points to build my alter ego. Its enough that I would be hero material, but still be squishy enough that I would need to be careful.

0000000 likes this.
  19. rijimon17

Reading List:
    Link
    But what will you pay with. I cant help but imagine you having to come up with paper money just so you can pay. Because you know those games dont accept gold coins.

20. rijimon17

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised no one went with the parasite system (or parasite job). Just do a set action and you get part of a persons money, skill, and experience.

0000000 likes this.