Discussion Bringing company-related topic into a game discussion that didn't involve the topic

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by GDLiZy, Oct 15, 2019.

1. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite upset about this issue. Although I don't want to name anything, you guys should know what I'm talking about.

Today I suddenly got nostalgic and went back to a particular open-world RPG game. I watched a couple of their lore video and trailers before I moved on to read some discussion. I simply love seeing speculations and theories about bits and pieces of the story, and wished to participate in some too. I think the discussion of the community is one of the fuels that kept the game alive.

However, in many of the discussion I ran into, most of them were flooded with hate and threat to the company, instead of focusing on the actual topic at hand, which I found to be annoying and bad for the community. First, it's a hijack. Second, it ruined the interest of new potential players ( Although I'm not unfamiliar with the game, I still got put off when I see the unending spam regarding the unrelated topic. ). Third, it hurt the dev of the game by instead of getting feedback, they got hate instead.

All in all, I wanted those unrelated topic spammers to start their own threads, and not hijack the existing one. Just my rant, nothing more nothing less.

2. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    i do not knw wat u talk about

kenar, TiggerBane and Hyoketsu like this.
  3. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to reality,and reality is a bitch

4. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Example:Blizzard, World of Warcraft topic about storyline and boom someone post about Blizzards China self censership...

at op
    there are Social Justice Warriors think that after a week someone who cares still could not know about it just leave that troll alone guys that have answer on this call they should leave that part of "forum" because it was not main topic ... so better call on them via pm...

5. Bloodysin28

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't really care about politics,then the sjws attacked and ruined various beloved pop culture,only 4chan master of all shit posts,memes and redpills could stop them.but when we needed him the most he disappeared.

Delirious likes this.
  6. Bloodysin28

Reading List:
    Link
    The last straw was them trying to censor and ban big anime tittie's,this means a mass purging,a massacre not a war.

7. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I miss the days when games were played by gamers....
    We were so awkward, geeky and nerdy that we just play games and discuss games.
    Would we trash bad games? Yea ... but its 100% legitimate and everyone would have a chuckle ....

Normals pretend to play games to mingle nowadays and try to make topics that relates to them....
    Sad days....

AMissingLinguist, otaku31 and runsing like this.
  8. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you expect Company A wants to bow down to China for more money

9. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes I want the power of curse. . . .
    the power to inflict curse that let's the victim be unable to access internet. . . . no matter what they do. . . no matter where they go. . .
    no internet. . . .

I see suicide rate going up!!!!!
    tehee~

10. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I expected more from you guys to know that hijacking threads is not the way to spread awareness, it's rude.

11. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are plenty of political forums and other spaces for them to post, but they don’t since they might be forced to see other humans opinions. Much easier to hijack then run away. It’s just a type of herd mentality.

AMissingLinguist, otaku31 and GDLiZy like this.
  12. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bringing political discussions in a game thread, as if there are not enough places for it. I'mma stop before even this gets political.

AMissingLinguist and otaku31 like this.
  13. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry it might be seen as hijacking a thread but it should be a reply to someone asking

14. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    keyboard warriors are pitiful people that only have courage in the internet world.
    I think if you would like to, you could make a video addressing the haters

I'm not sure how the game comm works

otaku31 likes this.
  15. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
    Most our game developer is influence by big (insert someting) that gamer don't care and dislike like sh*t on steroid big hate, so yeah there that and for sure troll for sh*t and giggle :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_two:

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel it kinda like children who wanna show off
    sometime they act like adult who wanna teach children about reality but their method itself is brat who still dunno proper ethics
    once I watched video about dark side of game, all still good until it show presenters play da game trying to tell players about it during macth/battle....
    fumu if someone like that can act like an idiot then there should be more idiot out there

if they really trully care about it then go to forum make proper thread, write proper blog, raise issue on tv or something, online petition, social media post ect
    there plenty way to do it some already did while most imo I feel like just something on surface but not really touch the core or something like that
    19637.png

17. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Ease.

Maybe they see something related to a company and then they think 'Didn't that company also do that? I MUST VENT MY ANGER / FRUSTRATION TOWARDS THEM.

18. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Politics and gaming should never really intersect. And if they are it's almost never because it's what gamers want, but more because the companies fucked up. Even with all the shitty MTX and Lootbox scandals a lot of gamers don't actually want it to reach a place where the government steps in because that will just be bad all around, however some companies will push and push until it happens because they can and think more about profit than consequences.