Resolved Desperately in need of cultivation novels that don't make me want to stop reading novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by 4L3Y, Oct 16, 2019.

1. 4L3Y

4L3Y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time. I'm a picky reader, so sorry in advance.
    I'm looking for a cultivation novel with INTELLIGENT MC not someone that knows he can't invade a clan but goes anyway because GF/FRIENDS have been captured...blah blah blah...Let them DIE!

A good paced novel minus the usual cringy stuff:
    - MC/MC's branch family is bullied... blah blah blah... MC cultivates and has potential, family changes...URGH! Would rather have MC with no family

-MC's fiancé breaks off with him because of some "Young Master" or cultivation Sect to give MC some hall-backed plot goal

-MC's 'friend' (Female usually, extremely beautiful) have exeptional talent or rare constitution.... Rides along with MC then gets MC in all kind of troubles that he could've avoided if he was alone (some "senior martial brother" likes her so MC have to battle/Kill him, but his family/backer is OP so MC is in deep shit...)

-MC has like ONE BILLION LOVERS!!! and he's like "i love you all equally". 2-3 serious GF are enough. MC can have as many intimate relationships as he wants but with no strings. AND WORST OF ALL MC HAVE 10.000 GIRLFRIENDS BUT IS A VIRGIN!!!!

-Thick, very thick plot armor... MC is always against/surrounded by enemie(s) 2 or 3 major realms above him but somehow manage to escape (Some plot armor technique one time use only/SUPER OP mysterious man or woman saves him. Sitations like those in WMW or RI are okay because MC has a rock solid plan/scheme, has a plausible reasoning (his personnal gain not some bullshit friends that are gonna end him in the same situation a few hundred chp later) behind his actions and actually has high chances of succeeding.

PS: Don't like MCs like Han Li of AROAMJTI that takes forever to cultivate (MC's actual age) or Big break (150-300ch) with no advancement then BOOM......HUGE PWER-UP at a convienient time.

Power-up, yes but not because some great foe's gonna show up in 2-3ch.
    It's okay if MC's cultivation is "slow" but it has to be for good reason like talisman, formation, runes etc or some kind of masterplan (Leylin in WMW, Richard in COS, Qianye in MOE or Fang Yuan in RI)

I know i'm asking for a lot
    but i hope i can find "THE ONE", the pearl amongs cultivation novels.

Thank you again and sorry for my english.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  2. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    4L3Y likes this.
  3. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
    ....:sweating_profusely:fuh can you add moarr :aww::aww::aww:

4. 4L3Y

4L3Y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much, but already read it. Gave up at vol 8 some time back.
    I think i will pick it up again :)

5. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My all time favorite is Library of Heavens Path, though it is a Webnovel work, it's an absolute gem. Their is also The Strongest System, but of course is my preference and doesn't exactly meet your standards sadly.

To more or less summarize what you specifically want; try unconventional novels that has a unique 'gold fingers' *ex. systems, avoid the harem tag, perhaps trying with already OP protagonists, etc. With the tags in webnovels, the newly added lists and the recommended; I hope you can find a novel that suits your cultivation.

4L3Y likes this.
  6. 4L3Y

4L3Y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, will do
    Read LOHP too, it's pretty good. Imo it's a novel you read for the laughs/ face-slap like AWE and GOAW

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  7. nuubman

nuubman Russia greatest love machine !

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me see if I get this right, u want a novel with cultivation that's makes some sense but also want it to be fast paced, not like a record of a mortal journey to immortality that takes " forever ", to be short and have a decent "plot", is that right? :blobunsure: maybe cultivation world? Reverend-insanity, Renegade Immortal?

bkwusa and 4L3Y like this.
  8. 4L3Y

4L3Y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend-Insanity is my perfect-type MC, novel's nice and "slow" but it's alright cuz there's not a lot of stages in the cultivation system.
    Gonna try the other two, thanks

9. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read most cultivation novel here on NU. SOTR has been the first to keep me reading all the way to its later volumes. Though it may have been this way cuz I tend to skip some chapters cuz after reading plenty novel of these types, skipping dont matter.

10. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally feel you

The corruption from RI ( Reverend Insanity) is too much

Been ditching any novel I picked up for last three months, nothing is as good as she was :cry:.

I tried -

Emperor Domination: this isn't plot Armor any more, it's a imperial plot decree from author.

Dragon Marked War God: the forced comedy kicked me out

Imperial God Emperor: commercial cn mc, nothing new.

Renegade Immortal: ignoring ISSTH spoilt everything for me already, that stupid situ nan is too much, I really can't imagine a bigger pie from sky than him.

Heavenly Jewel Change: more like change in p***y holes.

ik I haven't made a decent explanation, simply said after Daoist Gu the expectations for CN went too high and now I'm all alone.

PS: haven't tried cos or moe, might it a try

4L3Y likes this.
  12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    DUDE!!!
    You are simply jaded.
    Don't read cultivation novels for a while or even Chinese novels.
    Take a break...
    After a month or more, the same seemingly crappy cultivation novels will become masterpieces to you.
    Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean you shouldnt moderate your consumption.
    Cheers!

sungjinwoo and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  13. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "the pearl amongs cultivation novels."

So each reader has their favorite style, there are people who loves Mao Ni (like me) who take a long time to build a story but the plots are perfect, the characters have consistency and are not useless for the story, besides being captivating, but he details everything from the scenario and sins a lot in the fights. I would indicate Nightfall if you think you would like this style.

If you are a more "shounen" style with more fights and more excitement, where the main character defies everything and everyone without all the young master cliché, I would point out I Shall Seal the Heavens (which is one of the best novels ever translated, no doubt). You will see a bad-ass MC that will make the heavens bow.

Now if you're in the mood for something totally different, funny, with a lot of fights and lots of plots, I suggest my favorite novel: The Tales of Herding Gods. This novel is just perfect, has no spoiling romance, the protagonist has his values and is extremely intelligent and talented, you will see all his progress and the revolutions he makes. Plus, all the characters are so unique, each one will have a story behind that will captivate you, and their fights are as exciting as MC's, I really love this novel.

lafiel11 and Fluffy Jellyfish like this.
  15. 4L3Y

4L3Y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all guys. Much love from the community.
    I've had a lot of suggestions, enought to keep me occupied. If it still doesn't work, i'm gonna stop reading novels for a while then pick up again in one or two months.

Wujigege likes this.
  16. 4L3Y

4L3Y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's how i feel man. It's like i drink juice everytime everyday for one week then i'm downgraded to just plain water all of a sudden. So i'm looking for a different kind of juice or at least some juice mixed with water.

SOC and MOE are both very good and from the same author. People tend to like SOC more, the build up is pretty deep in the first book but if manage to pass it... hehe... you're in for good. Personnaly i couldn't wait for the releases (last two books) and directly jumped in the machine translation and finished it.
    But i read them before RI so i dunno if RI is gonna influence you.

There's Warlock of the Magus World if you'ld like. The worlds are different, but the system is almost the same.
    Reincarnator, not many power stages, no plot armor, MC is intelligent cunning and everything that stand in his way shall be eliminated
    especially MC places no worth on life, everything and anything in the world is a pawn for his rise. It gives you a magic potion for some pretty sick (like dope) dark schemes.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Zeusomega likes this.
  17. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Womw introduced me to CN cultivation

SoC is sword of coming rt?

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    You said my advice was sound without quoting me? :blobangery:
    I,your father, am very disappointed in you :blob_coughblood::facepalm:

19. 4L3Y

4L3Y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OH great daoist master pardon this little one.
    I began my search of the ultimate dao not long ago, of course i have nothing but respect and awe for those you stand at the pinnacle of the "best novel" dao.

Wujigege likes this.
  20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    There,there. As long as you learn and change your ways :blob_sunglasses:

I almost forgot. Read non-cultivation novels.
    Sadly, there are not as popular. My Castle , My Castellan is one I am paying to get translated, albeit at a slow pace.
    It is mostly a Kingdom Building novel

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-castle-my-castellan/

4L3Y likes this.