Discussion Do you often read dropped novels knowing they won't be finished, and if so why?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ProdigyOrion, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely won't read a story (both novels and manga/manhwa) that I know is dropped by author/has a rushed ending, but unfortunately, there are several times that I forget to check labels so I end up reading them and I may regret not checking afterwards.

However, I do read ongoing novels pretty often, especially if the start is really good.
    Even though I really hope it won't be dropped later, but i feel like it's worth the risk to reading the ongoing novel because I'm in the mood to read it now, instead of later if it's ongoing but I'll be very far behind the novel and I won't be in the mood to binge. I don't feel anxious about the possibility of it ending or anything, because I'm too busy enjoying what I read now.

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the original work by Mythran
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/544/master-of-all-jack-of-none

Then Mythran dropped it and Bokuboy continued it here
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/8220/mythrans-master-of-all-continued-completed

I think that Ren is supposed to be Gary Stu with the entire novel being "praise Ren the Allmighty and SEX SEX SEX with his 20 inch uncircumsized dick" with Mythran on the wheel, but he sort of dropped it before he can write it and Bokuboy manages to finish what he started. Which is quite wtf for me because Bokuboy emphasize more on SEX than the Gary Stu part and took everything beyond eleven. Even the minor characters in the work question on the fucking fairness as Ren continues to break the game and developers who tried to stop him either got fired and sued until their pants fell off or just fired, but have their entire assets repossessed and lifetime ban to even enter the game. Hell, Ren has 2/3 of the shares of the game and manages to shut the original creator of the game up. The fact that Ren literally stick his face into the game for 2/3 of his time due to being a disabled due to traumatic childhood, something the harem members always harp about whenever there is a chance, means that more time to level up his character and find hidden secrets and shit. Nearing the end, he even co-op with the AI of the game and just hijacked the entire shit. The fact that he has frail body IRL means sex IRL sort of sucks with the glass body x horse penis combo meant nice equip, no stamina to wield. But in the game where they replicate his horse dick well, its SEX SEX SEX all the way.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    mir likes this.
  3. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    um wow.

I can't think of anything else to say about that
    Definitely a shitstorm

0000000 likes this.
  4. ProdigyOrion

ProdigyOrion Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to stay away from ongoing stories, unless they're really popular or the subject matter interests me.

5. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes , because most of the novels here have very good first half and terrible second half, I assume from the start that I'm going to drop it due to poor writing half way trough.
    Just about when the author starts writing for the word count, as opposed to for the adventure and fun.

It is rare for the novels to keep my attention till the very end.

6. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah it's banned for good, good! it's also for your own good. That novel starts awesome but degenerates into utter trash.
    Rarely I read super good fanfics, as long as they have most of the story written.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.