Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've posted side chapter 29 the translated version for those interested.

Edit. The raw has updated now as well.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Nimitz, Eddy andres, sirin423 and 2 others like this.
  2. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, "evil" gods came close to lovecraftian stuff considered how their apparance is and how you must never lay eyes directly at them unless youvwant to go mad rather than "evil" of devil or seven sins, so from begining seven sins stuff hardly able to come in story to give an impact

3. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    new chapter and is full of conversations so I don't understand anything, please summarize. PS: From what little I understood, what I thought in the previous chapter was confirmed and it turns out that Elizabeth was unconscious in the family reunion.

hillo315 likes this.
  4. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or does it feel like Avalon has been made into a power-boosting snack for Vandalieu?
    I mean it feels like classic Rodcorte.

I also wonder if Van will get blamed for it all, especially by Alda side gods and if Alda will still want to cooperate with Rodcorte, especially when he would have ran out of resources (at least the previously planned reincarnators).

Edit: P.S. I also think the god maintaining the job/rank system is favouring Van? Like even though he has become a (demi?)god he still is able to use the system.

5. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van's soul is a God's, but his body is still mortal. So Van's still following the rules just fine.

6. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So lots of details. Duke of Jahan and Duke of Alcrem are basically openly working together to a degree. Elizabeth became a ward of the Duke of Jahan and Amelia and Mahalia, and Zona moved into Van’s mansion. Meorlith and Randolph are worried about how the entire orbaume kingdom feels like it was just turned over. Randolph runs away from the conversation by remembering that right now he’s just a teacher.

Elizabeth did meet Bakunawa last chapter. She fainted and doesn’t remember anything after being introduced to Tiamat. Maybe I understood it wrong but she was aiming to become a Van bride in hopes of not being recognized as his daughter. All of Elizabeth’s crew have officially joined up with Van and gotten his protection after having horrifying dreams which Van apologized for. After the shaking up Van has caused, their parents no longer care about them being spies and already saw them as being on Van’s side.

There was a bit with Alex but no one cares about him.

Chapter ends with Gufadgarn and the black goblin ninjas infiltrating the palace to go after the prime minister.

Korleone, Mesaphrom, IceFenix and 4 others like this.
  7. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Alex just got forgotten and entire school is slowly influenced by van:blobowoevil_horns:. Our S rank elf seem have passion for teaching:blobpats:. They also talk about bad blood between Van and Heinz, No reconcilitation only kill :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:.
    All the dark side is purge by Van:blobspy:. He is really shadow ruler:blobspy:. He already inflirate the castle.
    I don't know why but i always imagine when Gurdunaris try to destroy Van soul, Van soul is try to eat him:blobmelt:.

8. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    They were spiced up with Lovecraftian, but they weren't as Lovecraftian, IMO since big part of the appeal is fear of unknown and unexplainable. When Van started dealing with them he was more Lovecraftian that they were because despite seemingly being someone weaker than S rank adventuretrs, he was capable of destroying them and corrupting, and all their terror was reflected upon them.
    They were not normal or local, but they were more "in place" than Van.
    Moreover one of the Evil Gods had a 7 sins attribute - [Gluttony]. (Unless I misremember something) - The Slime type Evil God that had ability of stealing skills.
    Evil Gods are mix of [alien] and [evil]. Evil is a big part in them, and 7 sins is used often as absolute power evil has to offer. Demon King is supposed to be pinnacle of evil, so IMO only after towering Demon King 7 Sins becone inadequate. Unless something that embraces evil more than Demon King enters the stage, but that would need a lot of foreshadowing.

Bla8bla, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  9. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    So Vida curently only the goddess of love, eventhough based on job system everyone that have Vida blessing will have huge boost to Life Attribute meanwhile alda will give minor boost(Probaly because he didn't have good aptitude to life attribute which clearly on his case) which actually more irony than funny since eventhough people say alda is head of Gods , he didn't give boost to other attribute at all.

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  10. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean 5 sins , fdraig i forgot:blobexpressionless:

hillo315 likes this.
  11. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    He had to devour a Lambda God of Mountain for his ability and devoured a bit of Van's soul as well for his Demon King ability (followed up by Van using Curatos ability to regain Demon King ability to regain control of his DK frags), A sin doesn't have to be a physical manifestation just an ability that requires action of some kind (and Gluttony is a very prime example since it was used to devour a bit of soul/divination).

Edit: anything that can harm a soul/divination shouldn't be seen lightly, sins are no different.

Nakakure likes this.
  12. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sorry but isn't demigods is god that have physical body and can still grow stronger. In Van case it's due him become stronger using the system as the system purpose is to make mortal have chance to acsended and become gods. Van soul is large than most god expecially on the lower rank, since he have potential to become great god due 4 soul worth of becoming Heroic God like bellwood, Farmaun and nine road mash to one , Zakkart have the Largest Part though.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  13. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Van have 4 champion name in his name right. So did everyone think he will learned the unique skill of 4 champion?. Getting immune to 1 weapon is so op if you plan it really well. Blade weapon , and almost all heinz party will likely fight using martial art. Btw i forgot other unique skill.:blobpats:

Bla8bla, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  14. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I said I give up! :blob_catflip:
    ----------------------
    "The Hanger-on who Doesn't Want to Graduate" :blobrofl:

Van's back at school after a week, as promised.

Randolph and Meroliris are somewhat concerned about Van causing major political changes in the course of 7 days and then returning to school, with Randolph deciding to go off and have another heart-to-heart with Van, only to suddenly be stopped by Meroliris and told he can't go! ...he has classes to teach till noon. "Oh. right." :blobawkward:

Alex meanwhile is coming to terms with his jealousy over not being the most special anymore, trying to figure out why he feels so much pressure when Van's threat to divulge his abilities to various nobles if Alex divulges Van's hasn't actually changed his daily routine at all, then realizing it's probably because Elizabeth is quickly catching up with him in terms of grades thanks to Van. I'm glad it seems he's worked it out though, and decided to stop pushing himself and his teammates so hard, doing the best he can instead of trying to just beat others.

Meanwhile the rest of Elizabeth's party gets brought mostly up-to-date about the new situation with Elizabeth. However it's quickly revealed all 3 of them have had the scary guidance dreams (also Densuke calls back to the fact that Godwin got chased by a giant Van head in his dreams when he got guided. Van still hasn't apologized for it even once. :blobfearful:), and then that due to Van taking out a majority of spies and assassins around Elizabeth, that their families have already assumed they're double agents for Alchem (acutally Van, but these families are too low level to know what's actually going on), and have stopped telling them anything / basically disowned them. Also one of them asks if anyone knows a good doctor given the crazy dreams, only for Van to chime in "I know one, but he's sick (as he's still tripping on psychotropic drugs) and recuperating [...] He's been under a lot of stress lately. And, well, he had a bit too much (psychotropic drugs) to eat." :blobexpressionless:

Also Elizabeth and Maheria now indeed know all about Van. He's a demon emperor, he's got a giant dragon son the size of a mountain, he's definitely just a regular person despite being a demigod of Lambda and the god of another world. Don't pay attention to the fact he can grant protections and other stuff only gods can do! Also Elizabeth indeed passed out when Bakunawa started licking her screaming to herself "I'm not that sweet!" She didn't really register her new "mother-in-law" Tiamat being a giant dragon lady as a result, though I'm pretty sure she at least heard her telling Bakunawa not to eat Elizabeth. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

I also love the bit where Maheria tries to tell Van to be quiet for a moment so Elizabeth can "mentally prepare" herself for telling the rest of the party what's up with her mom, even if it may be impolite as a vassal of Elizabeth to say that to her step-father, only for Van to immediately say "oh don't worry about it, Amelia basically considers you her daughter as well, so as far as I'm concerned you're part of the family too!" Congrats Maheria, you have an adopted father the same age as you now too!

Anyway, long story short, all Elizabeth's party members apologize for approaching her originally to spy on her, Elizabeth forgives them saying they're still the people she wanted to be in her party, and they all renew their promise to be Elizabeth's subordinates. Including Van. Despite the fact he's now her step-father.
    Elizabeth: "Why are you lined up with everyone else!?"
    Van: "Obviously, because I'm going to continue to follow you around as your lackey, I mean your follower, Miss Elizabeth."
    Elizabeth: "Step-father!? Don't you think you should be graduating from being your daughter's lackey at this point!?"
    Van: "Well, even if you put it like that... I mean if I quit being your lackey, I wouldn't know what position I should even have in school anymore, miss Elizabeth."
    Elizabeth: :blobupset:

But enough fluffy, back to plot! Chapter ends with Van and co making use of some of the assassins and spies they "took care of" (some are undead now, and some just swore loyalty to Van to stay alive, and would even be willing to personally kill the Prime Minister to stay alive.) to remove some of the spatial barriers around the Orbaume royal place so Gufadgarn can transport [Kingslayer] Sleygar and [Face Peeling Demon] Braga, and Legion inside. Time for a stealth mission!

Anyway, next chapter will be in 5 days again. Light Novel Vol 6 is nearly out! :blobsalute:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Korleone, IceFenix, Bla8bla and 6 others like this.
  15. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    *sets table back in place*

*whispers* All Hail, Sithis (Van).

IceFenix and Eddy andres like this.
  16. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would imply he still has a lifespan.

Honestly, I'm more worried about the Curse Rodcorte put on Avalon. What will happen to Van when he eats his soul?

Yep Alda the chief god whose first action is violence against his siblings.
    Isn't one of his attributes Fate? I find it strange that despite that being his divinity he cannot predict the results of his actions.

I find that unlikely, unless Rodcorte's curses are somehow lifted.

Yep thats pretty much it. Nicely done.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  17. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, and no.

He claimed fate after usurping the authority of the other gods and rebranding himself when he attacked Vida, if was not his to begin with, and based on the rest of the series my guess is Fate is either another multi world god like Rod, who does not like alda's actions and is working against him, or does not exist in the first place since it is mutually exclusive to free will. Making his claiming it useless and counterproductive.

Van getting resurrected in Lambda seems to be someone's doing (If I recall Rodiot even mentioned someone else told him about using cheat holders way back, and the gods were given messages like a century in advance), when I re-read the first couple arcs it seems like someone manipulated Rod into a chain of events leading to Van reincarnating in Lambda

Alda is nothing but logical contradictions, he is the biggest criminal in the series (and 100% unrepentant), but claims to be the champion of law and order.

18. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    biological yes, he still has a lifespan. it is just very long and he can expand it indefinitely on will but he can still die from old age

curses get weaken by beeing eaten.
    and it is not vans own soul, so he does not need to worry about damage to it

hillo315 likes this.
  19. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading a novel in which the protagonist and the villain against whom he faced are very similar to heinz and aldan, but unlike here they are aware of what they are doing and are open to negotiations and collaboration. pd: the name of the novel is dragon maker war.

hillo315 likes this.
  20. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon Maken War?

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.