Have you ever drank alcohol before?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnGrave, Oct 16, 2019.

?

Have you?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. A bit

9 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Never gotten drunk although some wines can give you a throbbing headache.
    When you see victims of domestic abuse from drunks. Alcohol and getting drunk doesn't appear appealing

3. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, I have, though I'm pretty normal I think.

The only time I drink is at parties -- but even then it like takes me an entire night to finish a beer.

It's similar when I'm at conferences/receptions -- getting a drink feels obligatory, and I do drink it, but I don't always enjoy it.

Usually prefer ciders/rose's/cocktails/sangrias -- but sometimes I feel like it's too childish to get those so a lot of times I'll just pass on the sugary alcoholic drinks instead of getting them during dinners out.

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    One time by mistake as a child around ten to twelve years old or maybe younger, not sure how old I was (I don't drink alcohol now, thought it was juice back then, it was a party and no one was looking so I took the chance:blobsweat_2:)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2019
  5. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I was 21 over 12 years ago, the totally number of times I have consumed alcohol are between 10-15x.

6. Temujin

Temujin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried it once as a kid under adult supervision. it grossed me out. But trying a small sip of wine did convince me to not see any romantic attachment to alcohol. It was pain hurt juice, no more.

And now that I'm an christmas cake, I'm still indifferent to the taste of alcohol.

A side effect of the antidepressants I'm on is that alcohol tires me out faster. So I could get by with 4oz of wine and sleep like long babe.

7. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never had bad hangovers tbh, the worst I get is waking up feeling tired :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Domestic abuse definitely isn't fun, but I think there's more to that equation than just alcohol- a normal person with a healthy state of mind won't beat his wife just because he's downed a bottle of wine beforehand.

At the very least, with how I am when I'm drunk, I see no risk of me becoming violent or aggressive with people :blobnobully:

lychee likes this.
  8. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I don't really want to recall all my hangovers but I'm glad I know how to pace it and enjoy my drinks better now. I’m an emotional drunk, I get all mushy, hug people and talk my heart out >.>);

More than recreational purposes, sometimes drinking alcohol is just a part of socializing as an adult. In most places I have worked, the amount of "inside information" and extra contacts that you can gather from attending some happy hours with colleagues really make it worth it.

Anyway, I have worked part-time in a bar kitchen for almost 4 years so I’ve seen what large amounts of alcohol do to people and I know what it does to myself. It doesn’t really stop me from enjoying it from time to time. Actually, craft beer, wine making and aged whiskey are really interesting subjects.

For all of you that never got drunk, I just say good for you cause you stopped early. Last time one of my friends said that back in college, we just took a dare and said all one has to do is to keep drinking. Of course, he was the first one to get up, trip on himself and roll on the floor. Don’t worry. We all took care of him, made him take it all out from his stomach, bathed him, put his pajamas on, made him drink tons of water even though he kept saying he couldn’t drink anything anymore, put him in his bed to rest. I made some hot porridge in the morning. He had that while we were munching down some hot dogs. But now, almost 12 years later from that night some of his legacy still lives on and we recall the things he said...my personal favorite was: “I realized I speak everything on my mind when I’m drunk. This is bad, guys! YOU CAN NOW READ MY MIND!”

9. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    1. The Happy Drunk

The happy drunk can be identified by his ridiculously good mood. They’ll laugh at everything, dance whenever they get the chance, speak in hyperbolic superlatives and generally act like they are having the greatest night of their life.

2. The Sloppy Drunk

The sloppy drunk will slur every other word as they degenerate into a disgusting combination of sweat, spilled alcohol and vomit. They’ll fall all over the place like he contracted a sudden case of vertigo, and you’ll end up having to carry them around all night like they were wounded in ‘Nam.

3. The Sentimental Drunk

The sentimental drunk will spend all night telling everyone how much they love them, reminiscing about old times both real and imagined, and crying because you don’t hang out enough anymore like in the old days.

4. The Infantile Drunk

The infantile drunk pulls a Benjamin Button as the night wears on, and with each drink they get progressively more child-like until finally they are talking in a baby voice. A phenomenon weirdly often found in big, fat grizzly bear types.

5. The Violent Drunk

The violent drunk spends all night positive that people are talking shit about them, and at some point they will get in a fight over something dumb, like some dude looking at them funny or another dude taking too many peanuts.

6. The Touchy-Feely Drunk

The touchy-feely drunk acts more like someone who just did a bunch of pills, and they’ll be a little, uh, handsy with everyone.

7. The Naked Drunk

The naked drunk will use a single drop of alcohol as an excuse to get in touch with their inner exhibitionist. They may spend some of the night shirtless, and at some stage remove all clothing.

8. The Broken Drunk

The broken drunk just sits by them self, drowning their feelings in a tidal wave of sweet, soul-deadening alcohol. They drink because the sober alternative is just too terrifying to face. They won’t say anything to anyone until they finally piss themselves and then break down crying because they’re sorry for everything.

9. The Manic Drunk

The manic drunk somehow manages to be every other kind of drunk all in one night.

10. The Professional Drunk

The professional drunk is different because they have no symptoms. That’s the point. They have made maintaining an art form. In other words, they’re alcoholics.

@UnGrave for not answering their own question.

10. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    thats a hit backwards isnt it

I drank socially before (because it feels obligatory), but never rly picked up the taste of alcohol, so I stopped now, since its a waste of my money n taste buds
    Might as well order mocktails n yogurt drinks id actually enjoy

11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Alcohol weakens your inhibitions. Anger is just one of them.
    Just drink responsibly and have liver checks
    Cheers!

12. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    Well when it became legal it kinda lost some of its thrill, I also grew a bit more common sense and realized that I did stupid things more often drinking.

Wujigege likes this.
  13. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    I nvr rly drank til im drunk
    My closest circle doesnt drink
    So i only drink with acquaintances which means we wont drink lots