Discussion Conducting Business Today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Evil_Ginger, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, thanks for the response. If there was anything more to add, what do you think it should be?

2. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think momentum is a thing you need to consider, especially at the start. While I don't fully agree with the current business ideals of "if you aren't growing, you're shrinking", I do think you do need lots of forward momentum at the start. This will be painful and each time you inject cash, you'll be risking throwing it away, but imo it's important. I'm not saying that you should blindly inject cash in a panic if you aren't meeting your projected growth rate and pure obsession with growth alone imo is self-destructive in the long run. Just that some planes need a longer runway than others. A lot of "planes" crash and burn at the start (like half of businesses fail in the first two years) I think because they try to lift off without having gained enough speed. Sunk cost fallacy IS still a thing though, so you always need to be ready to reanalyze your situation and make sure you aren't ignoring a major variable that might throw your plans into ruin.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Evil_Ginger likes this.