Question Sites where I can post my story

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Garret25, Oct 18, 2019.

?

I copied some sites posted in a thread by RANTMAN (2 votes)

Poll closed Oct 17, 2020.
  1. FictionPress

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Royal Road

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  3. Wattpad

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Finestories

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Smashwords

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Fantasy-Books

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Novelupdates / Scribbles

22 vote(s)
    78.6%
  8. Others / Don't / orz

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garret25

Garret25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for websites where I can post my story. I just recently realized, I could also do so here but I want opinions where it should be best. Thanks, fellas.

2. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    do it here. . .
    or scribbles hub. . .
    I think wuxiaworld also has one?

well. . .
    do it on scribble or here,

Garret25 likes this.
  3. Garret25

Reading List:
    Link
    oh thanks for the first tip! what's the advantage in scribbles...never been there

Edit:
    Nice profile pic btw

4. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Scribble Hub is a sibling site of NU

Sabruness and Garret25 like this.
  5. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Scribblehub is best. The community is generally friendlier and more open compared to other major sites. It's a sister site to NU so good admin'ing is guaranteed. There arent really trolls and other dipshits that other sites tend to have.

RoyalRoad is an option but the userbase has an unfortunately large proportion of shitheads who are super picky, whiny and sometimes trollish. Many authors have been driven away from RR due to them.

Webnovel is utter crap and should be avoided at all costs. Especially dont sign any contracts with them.

Wattpad is also utter crap with a mostly female reader base and flooded with crappy fanfics and original stories usually based on stuff like twilight, supernatural, 50 shades and other stuff like that. Unless you pander to the majority fetishes you'll most likely be ignored.

Tanhalevi, kenar, Zhaernon and 4 others like this.
  6. Garret25

Reading List:
    Link
    very...descriptive. Thanks!

Capsize and Sabruness like this.
  7. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe most of them, though updating on multiple sites is a pain, it is a good way of getting readers from different communities. You can also try webnovel, you should be good there as long you don't sign a contract.

Garret25 likes this.
  8. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Googled “wattpad fetish”, was extremely amused by mere existence of the resulting #2 Billie Eilish foot fetish. Thank you, feels good to know there’s lots, and lots, and lots weirder than me out there.

Tanhalevi likes this.
  9. mistvenom

mistvenom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about github? Or better, just create your own free blogspot.

10. Garret25

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought about it, but the problem would then be the audience...which would practically start at 0 if I did. Or maybe not? I've never been to a lot of blog sites.

11. KukiAme

KukiAme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tell me more about webnovel shit contract , just want to know -.-

Garret25 likes this.
  12. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Post it on everywhere.

Garret25 likes this.
  13. Garret25

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll think about it.

14. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    Royalroad and scribblehub. Royalroad’s got a larger userbase, so you’re more likely to get comments on royalroad. Have heard that the community can be pretty bad sometimes, but haven’t really experienced it personally - only really had two or three haters/trolls who were unwilling to have constructive discourse.
    Scribblehub, I haven’t had any haters/trolls at all, but on the flip side only a couple pieces of constructive comments/criticism as well.

15. Garret25

Reading List:
    Link
    what a dilemma. orz
    Thanks!

16. Zhaernon

Zhaernon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Posting everywhere is a good idea if you want your story to get more recognition fast.
    But depending on which genres are your focus and what group of people do you plan on catering to, some sites are much better to go to than others.
    As Sabruness said:
    And of course you also have choices like smaller websites that also cater to authors (self-insert here xD We at Foxteller welcome any and all authors and translators that can prove they're serious about their work), or creating entirely your own website on wordpress and advertising it instead. It might be worth exploring all of the options you have if you're serious about things.

17. draw2much

draw2much Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try a bunch first and then stick with the platforms that get the most views and interactions. I originally posted in Royalroad, Wattpad, and Webnovel. I got no views at all on Wattpad, so I dropped it. I replaced it with Scribblehub when I discovered that. Originally I was most popular on Webnovel (most active readers at least) but later RR caught up. Scribblehub is alright but reader activity is pretty slim.

I think WN worked well initially because the story was a far east fantasy, which fits well with that website. Most websites "sell" certain genres. People go there to read those kinds of stories. So try to find websites that focus on your story's genre.

Also, WN was fine for posting my story. I wouldn't sign a contract with them, but for free stories its acceptable. (Their text editor sucks tho lol)

I have a website too, that, as far as I know, no one reads. I have no idea how people get views through personal websites without having a fanbase first...

Hm.. but honestly, what got me the most readers was persistence, a Discord channel, and catching the interest of a particularly enthusiastic reader. That guy spread my work far and wide. But I'd written 100 chapters by the time he came along, so.. it was a slow process.

Observationally, it seems like fanfiction or riding the genre-fad train gets the most views and readers. Otherwise, unless you're great at self-hyping, don't expect anything quickly...

Garret25 likes this.
  18. Garret25

Reading List:
    Link
    tell me more

19. Zhaernon

Zhaernon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Foxteller is a sister website of our group Rebirth Online, it can be found here: foxteller.com, and so far we have features that allow for posting advance chapters like you would on Patreon, setting up release schedules, so you can just dump a lot of chapters and leave them be, and we pay our active Creators.
    The requirements I have mentioned was at least proving that you're serious about what you do, meaning your English must be up to par, and you must have written at least 5 separate chapters or 10k words at the minimum.
    It's still in development and we welcome any feedback you might have.
    The community is also small enough that any individual can have a bigger impact on how it develops than on websites like rrl.
    And I dare say we're rather friendly :p

Garret25 likes this.
  20. Garret25

Reading List:
    Link
    that part really piqued my interest... you might even be able to make it into a chapter or a character based on him xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.