[Poll] If your fiancé(e)'s soul merged with someone else...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

If you fiancé(e)'s soul merged with their best friend, would you still marry them?

1. I would marry "best friend" (merged) without hesitating

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. I would marry "best friend" (merged)... hesitantly

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. I would delay the date of the wedding but still get married

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. I would break off the engagement and try dating for a while

15 vote(s)
    32.6%
  5. I would break off any kind of relationship and try being friends for a while

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. I would stop being friends entirely and avoid contact

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. I'm unsure

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  8. I do not wish to answer

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So let me get this straight, the person got a fiancé(e) aka a person they love and plan to share their life (or what is rest of it) with him/her but suddenly got the chance and the first thing that comes to mind is not the person who is supposed to be their significant other (the so called your other half) as some say but the best friend? and people are worried about cheating, polygamy and whatever else... that is a somewhat selfish and irresponsible decision and can causes lots of families to separate if it ever comes to become real as the person here is not trusting their partner for life in other words the person in question here is not ready for marriage and perhaps should just stuck to dating till (s)he be more mature and ready:hmm: (let me just say a line here that I like quite a bit "just because you can doesn't mean you should" and let me repeat this once again, that person is not ready for that sort of relationship)
    As for your question, I wouldn't want to fuse my soul into anyone, my life is mine, I am my own person and people got things they don't want to share with others, so yeah in such case I am going to die :blobsweat_2:

2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    100% agree death is the preferable option to communism! I mean soul joining *Coughs*

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  3. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As horrible as it sounds, the obvious half joke half truth here is : " You still got a mouth, don't you?"

Seriously though, as much as I'd like to say that pure love would transcend and as much as I'd like to think
    myself a better person, when I imagine a scenario where someone I romantically love turns into a male
    and I think about how I'd feel about those same interactions, I feel like I'd get a negative physical reaction.

As a side note, I've had negative physical reactions to things before that didn't even involve me. This one
    time, just seeing some light PDA involving pet names and acting overly sweet made me retch at the same
    time as needing to rush to the restroom because of the shit that was threatening to come out. It might not be
    as violent of a physical reaction as that (and it's not as if all instances of PDA trigger that), but I feel like I'd
    get one in that scenario.
    (more later)

AMissingLinguist, Snowbun and fuyuuri like this.
  4. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it’s an odd question!

I honestly think the answer can vary from person to person, and people have different views on marriage.

Personally, I would have kind of complicated feelings about fusing into my fiance/significant other.

While we share so many things, I feel like the relationship here is still a little bit different from the kind I might have with my sibling. There’s sort of a barrier in romantic/sexual/marital relationships that are somehow just difficult for me to describe.

If I had a twin sibling, I’d prefer to fuse into them — and the feeling is different.

Actually I’m really close with my sibling, and though we’re not twins, I would feel more comfortable sharing all of myself with them than I am with a SO. We understand each other in a way that my fiance won’t.

And I know some people can have that kind of close relationship with their friends too.

That said, I’m not even sure if the fusing is something that I would want to do in the first place.

5. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My reaction:
    :sweating_profusely:
    My answer to all the questions:
    I'm more concerned about the heart and mind of the person I love, so their outward appearance doesn't matter to me. As long as they remember the bond between us it's fine with me, even if they are gender bent.
    Do you remember Bill? Then you know my answer :blob_grin:

6. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Who’s Bill? :blobpeek:

7. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    A character I created XD

AMissingLinguist, lychee and Anra7777 like this.
  8. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought you meant bottletop Bill who had a best friend called Blinky. THis is so sad despacito play F

9. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    XDD

10. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @fuyuuri

-cont-

Anyways, I'm not sure how much of this difference is cultural/social and how much of it is biological.
    A few years back, I feel like there was a wave of women who were saying "Hey (het)men, why can't you
    acknowledge other men are attractive? We acknowledge other women are attractive all the time!".
    The prevailing idea at the time was homophobia and the concept of masculinity acted as barriers to
    prevent guys from "opening up".

I did think about that for awhile and paid a bit more attention to my own train of thought when it came to
    crowd watching. The only time when my attention was actually pulled to a guy (besides for bad behavior
    and such) was when I saw a guy who looked like he walked straight out of a shoujo manga : Blonde, tall,
    delicate features, not a bulky frame, etc. I also realized when I was overhearing girls talking about a guy
    they thought was hot, I'd see the guy (or know because he's a celebrity) and think "what? he looks like a
    normal guy to me."

I'm not sure if this is how other het guys experience the world, but I don't seem to register anything about
    guys in my head, aside from if he's annoying or not. Not saying that I can't grow great friendships. Just
    saying that as far as first impressions go, I hardly have any thought process go through my mind when I
    see other guys. Although to be fair, I don't register most girls either, but there's a significant chunk that do
    make a round or two through my head after seeing once for the first time.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this, but I suppose I'll end by addressing something you said that
    piqued my interest : "I think for me, romance transcends sex or sexuality ... However, for something like
    commitment, particularly for something like marriage, for me that really transcends the physicality of gender."
    I can't even imagine myself in a romantic relationship with another guy (even if it's non-sexual). I honestly
    wouldn't feel flattered for being that special someone to a guy who makes moon eyes at me. I'd feel a bit
    burdened most likely. Relationships (not romantic) I have with guys don't go down that heavy path. The
    only thing I can think of that approaches that in "het males' " experiences is that stupid joke "no homo, bro".
    Even if I were to be close friends with one guy for the remainder of my life and we both happen to never
    get married to anyone, I seriously doubt we'd ever have that heaviness to our relationship. Not that I wouldn't
    take a bullet for him, but that there wouldn't be that mushi gushi stuff. There's no making googly eyes at each
    other. No need to reaffirm each others importance in each others lives. Just acceptance. Thinking about it,
    this might be why erotica written by het girls tend to have pages and pages of character and relationship
    development with a bit of intimate sexy times while erotica written by het guys tend to have lots of action and
    tense/interesting situations.

11. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for this really well thought out and in-depth post! :aww::aww::aww: It was really enjoyable for me to read.

...I'm not really sure where to start as a response.

I've actually thought about this sometimes too, because to me it's quite a mystery to what extent many of these common (stereotypical) differences are due to nature or nurture -- and frankly it's impossible to empirically know. Consequently, it's really just a lot of pondering about why all of us are so different (and even within genders there can be a lot of differences too!).

To be fair, physical attraction / sexuality is something I personally don't weigh very heavily (although lots of people are different from me!). Instead, the emotional and romantic aspects are unquestionably the most important feature to me, and sometimes I find myself paying attention to the appearances of guys to make inferences about their personality.

It's also really rare for me to look at someone in everyday life and think that they're attractive as well.

Rather, for some reason I feel like it's a combination of their voice, the way they move/talk, and other auxiliary features that generally make me attracted to a guy. I don't think I've ever been able to "like" a guy solely on the basis of a picture. I mean, I could certainly acknowledge a guy as attractive, but otherwise the picture alone doesn't really elicit much from me.

I also find that my feelings are quite dynamic and they can grow with time.

Like perhaps there is somebody I didn't like very much initially, but after interacting with them more, I can develop strong feelings for them.

Consequently, I think this is what I mean by the physical aspects not meaning as much to me. Once a bond is already established, then I feel like there's a reasonable chance that my feelings will stick regardless of what kind of external appearance they have. That said, I'm not sure how much of this is biological (the oxytocin hormone) bonding versus something more cerebral/intentional.

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, for this I'll assume he told me hewere busy with saving the world before dying and stuff, because otherwise... Well, HOW DID YOU NOT TELL ME YOU WERE SAVING THE WORLD BEFORE MARRYING ME!?
    ... Well, maybe he was scared of the death flag of "Once I save the world, I'll marry you"... Well, it didn't work either way... Ahem. Onwards to the questions.

1) A mix of shock and happiness to know he's still alive~

2) Date. First of all, the marriage was certainly canceled already now that he is dead, so we have no need to rush... And well, I need to get to know the mix of best friend and fiance better to decide, it's a different person now after all. I'd be willing to consider marriage right from the start of the dating phase though, but I'd need time to decide rather to commit to it or not.

3) Sure, no problem to me at all... I mean, it would still be the same person in this case~

4) Aye aye, I swing both ways~

5) Well, that would be troublesome... I'd stay by their side for sure, but I won't be marrying a plushie.
    Maybe we could find a way to turn him back to human, I'm not sure. We could try finding something... Regardless, I'd stay with them at the very least. The rest time would tell.
    Honestly, I'd never want to merge with my significant other... I want to marry them, not share a soul with them... It's quite different.
    I don't think I'd want to fuse with anyone either! It would be too weird to stop being myself! >.<

kkgoh and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  13. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd put a very long delay on the wedding and take some time to see if things could still work out. If they could, the wedding would go ahead. If they couldnt, i'd at least do my best to maintain a friendship with them

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that so?

[​IMG]

Well, Comrade Stalin seems to disagree. Accept the sickle of Communism and be reborn!

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  15. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

AMissingLinguist and Ai chan like this.
  16. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I would be shocked and doubt it, after all i had no contact with those kind of world.
    Assuming that i did know, then i would feel relieved
    2. I wouldn't decide right away but i think i am okay with engaging with her. Tho i'd wait a while for public image since i would get a bad reputation if i marry someone else right after my wife died u.u
    3. I would probably unless it's a guy
    4. Nope..
    5. Just take care of them and try to find a way to transfer her soul to another body

17. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    If she accepted polygamy then I think I can work things out...

18. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    "No plot armor? What kind of story is this? Oh, wait. It's a tragedy. Carry on." :cookie:

1. What would your reaction be to hearing this?

I would be interested to know about how soul merge happened.

2. Would you date, get engaged, or married to "Best Friend" (fused with your fiancé(e)'s soul)?
    Sure. I just need to get over the depressing feeling of sadness first.

3. If your fiancé(e) body swapped with someone else, would you still date your fiancé(e)?
    Yep, I think. Does this have to do with that other poll on body swapping? (Curse you, Magical Girl of Sleepy Fluffs!)

4. If your fiancé(e) got genderbent, would you still stay in the relationship?
    Probably not. Sexual preference matters to me since I like cisgendered females. Maybe if I was bisexual, then it wouldn't matter.

5. If your fiancé(e) inserted their soul into an animal or inanimate object (e.g. cat or plushie), what would you do?
    I don't know. I guess we could stay best friends, unless the inanimate object was human looking. (Please turn into a catgirl. :blob_pout:)

19. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Of course you would marry them regardless of the situation, if you love them MORE than yourself. Love is always a relative thing (to yourself).
    If you choose not to, then it's pretty much the same reason why widows/widowers get remarried ... because they woke up one day and decided they loved themselves more.
    I know it sounds harsh, and am not judging people for their choices. Not everyone has the good fortune to meet their life partners ... the kind that stands by you when everything goes downhill, or uphill (*cough* Jeff Bezos).

Reason:
    It's still 100% the same person, just a little extra.
    It's the equivalent of your loved one having additional characteristics for whatever reason (accident that resulted in disability, brain damage, etc). You would not/should not abandon them.

It already happened to me. The first half of your story at least.
    I do wish there was a soul but there isn't. Disclosure that I'm atheist, and I did way too much research in religion, religious beliefs, soul beliefs, etc after it happened.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  20. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Provided they were both straight women, I would marry both though technically it would be bigamy or something like that!

AMissingLinguist likes this.