LCD Legend of Concubine’s Daughter Minglan

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to agree on this one, it is easily the most uncomfortable part of the story so far for me, and it didn't help that it felt somewhat worse written/translated than the rest of the story, as if it was something thrown in for no other reason than pleasing fans.

Kalmaegi likes this.
  2. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeahhh i think the next day ch was better, i wish that one before it didn't exist... it made it seem less 'he forced himself on me' and more... frickkkk I'm sore. no, we're not having another round in the morning! behave yourself or else!

Kalmaegi likes this.
  3. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it was such a disconnect between how she was feeling and how he was feeling. All she wanted was for him to stop and in his mind, he didn’t care. Next day one was better. However, I was reading the comment for the night of the wedding and no one mentioned anything and I was confused.

Kalmaegi likes this.
  4. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly feeling kinda disappointed with this whole GTY 'scheme' to marry Minglan. At first when I read the spoiler I imagine it's something funny and cute but this whole 'you should thank me I just save you from that He boy and you know marry me is the best thing ever that happen to you'.
    Like, NOPE. He's just that oppressive CEO template at this point.

Kalmaegi likes this.
  5. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, just finished the wedding night chapter and I must agree with every comment up there, it's kinda rapey and I can't find anything good from that. Poor Minglan, even tho she's already begging and terrified, he still didn't care.

Kalmaegi likes this.
  6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding the wedding night chap. It did feel somewhat rapey but less shitty than the standard for the genre. At least Gu Tingye, so far, hasnt followed the "i've finally had sex now i'm going to fuck my wife whenever i want repeatedly, no matter what she says" trope. I think GT isnt a virgin, is he? If he isnt, that might explain to rather minimal amount of sex compared to other similar stories where the virign ice cubes become lusty beasts after the wedding night.

7. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah it would be very strange if he was still a virgin considering he already have two kids.

Magicwafflez likes this.
  8. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot. It's refreshing for an older ML to not be a virgin ice cube who hates woman yet becomes a lustful, horny beast once he loses it. So i can overlook the questionable wedding night, for now at least.
    =====================================
    Regarding the latest chapter....
    First, the butler guy's clenched hands in his sleeves are suspicious. Minglan is right to be wary.

They're going to see this 7th miss, right? I have a bad feeling.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  9. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    ... it wasn't the butler who's hands were clenched, it was minglan's new husband... also, they're actually going to see the extended family, i.e. aunts and uncles.... 7th young miss just went ahead of them.

10. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. for once it was a bit hard to keep up with all these new(ish) characters at once.

11. Anna7

Anna7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When reading, I think it's so diffcult to live in such a complex family. I can't image if I were Minglan, how many chapters I can live to >_<

12. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    the best ancient time wives are good at verbal kungfu... xD Gu Tingye has nothing to worry about~

13. Alok Tinker

Alok Tinker Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GTY need to give Minglan more time to fall in love with him... For Minglan, this may be just a well-arranged marriage for now.

14. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the bed scenes, I felt that GTY was an insensitive pig. I wonder why Chinese authors love this kind of characterization so much? Am I missing something? Or...are they missing something? I mean, clearly neither Minglan nor the mama that helped her to bathe was impressed with his behavior. Is this some low-key shade throwing at (ancient) Chinese dudes? What bothered me is the fact that Minglan is at the stage of "not a girl but clearly not yet a woman"...dude control yourself sheesh.

15. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I read the translated chapter now, he's actually doing that, you know. The whole 'i've finally had sex now and i'm going to fuck my wife repeatedly no matter what she says'. I mean whenever they had sex, Minglan just wish it will end quickly. And it kinda disgust me when it write like "Minglan who couldn’t bear this anymore began to weep and beg. However, he was even more sexually aroused by her soft sound for mercy." UGH. Poor Minglan.

Fuyuneko and Sabruness like this.
  16. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's very disappointing for it to go the whole rapey way, despite the fact that Gu Tingye was not a thirsty virgin ice cube. I expected better but this proves me wrong. I want Minglan to kick him in the balls or something. Maybe that way he'd come to his senses and stop being a literal dick.

Fuyuneko likes this.
  17. Noodle Lover

Noodle Lover Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 170 or 171 says that GTY's age is 28 which makes him 12 or 13 years older than Minglan at the time of their marriage. No wonder his libido is so strong plus it makes sense how he has accomplished so much.

18. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    actually it says his older brother Gu TingYu is 28.

it says Gu TingYe's step mom was 19 when he was born, and is 44 now. so he's 25 now. maybe 26, since i think chinese birthdays start with 1 not zero?

19. kimberlyba

kimberlyba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Show my super admiration to Minglan~~

20. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    ... 1.5 taels of silver to 30 taels of silver is 20x not 15x... lol~
    uggg, 5th madam coming over ratcheted up my anxiety, xD lol