Question Most BS Plot Armor

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Mr.Tiemos, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Tiemos

Mr.Tiemos Clifford’s Big Little Cousin, Loves Hugs

Reading List:
    Link
    So a question for all:
    What is the most BS plot armor you have read about in novels, manga, manhua, etc?

Not most OP, but most BS
    Example: FL is able to match up to OP MC in strength because she kissed him.

2. Blankdom

Blankdom Unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    Being able to use healing magic, without any prior training, by only seeing it once.

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter how strong the opponent or what they are (immortals, zombies, undead...) if the MC says that it/he/she dies then they die even if they are far away

firefox1234 and Arash1 like this.
  4. sojyoscah

sojyoscah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really OP Mc but then when a female speak to him, he became a total BS OP, for example the so called virgin OP MC ..

5. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a specific plot armor, but one template that drives me nuts is when an author rushes to introduce the antagonist and has the MC blithely bumble into an area or situation that he is clearly not ready for, manage to piss off someone who could crush him like a bug, only to be saved by plot armor for 30 chapters until he's finally strong enough to fight back.

firefox1234 and 0000000 like this.
  6. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot armor is used so often in asian novels, I dont even mind them anymore...

7. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    An MC being involuntarily summoned (ie kidnapped) and immediately agreeing to the demands to assume full responsibility to stop an alleged invasion and implement genocide, you know, just as a precaution to avert possible future conflicts, without asking for details first or even clarifying what's in it for them, besides "glory and adulation".

Arash1 likes this.
  8. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC & his Sect head go to all-female sect.
    MC is to marry their top disciple (FC) (despite already having 2-3 women he "loves").
    MC stares at the beautiful disciples of said sect like a lecher. None like him.

FC hates the idea of getting married to MC, but her Sect Head decided for her.
    Her friend comes up with the plan to drug MC and sleep with him to change the marriage from FC to her, because FC shouldn't waste her time with some low-life like MC and she needs a "man to take care of her anyway" (something along the lines of "MC is too weak for FC, but should be fine for her friend"). FC does not like the whole rape thing, but agrees to get out of the forceful marriage.
    MC manages to resist the drug, hears their plan and gets enraged, knocking out the friend and raping FC instead.
    Turns out FC was practicing a technique that requires her to be a virgin & gets possessed by a demon now that she's not.
    FC swears to kill MC and flees.

2-300 chapter later MC comes to a region where a monster kidnaps and kills cultivators. During some conflict, MC and a group of ~30(?) other cultivators get kidnapped by the monster and transported to a space where their cultivation is suppressed. Monster starts devouring their cultivation one by one, turns to MC, touches him and leaves, instead devouring another cultivator leaving MC unharmed, because...

tHe MonSteR wAs FC bEiNg cOnTroLleD bY heR dEmOn aNd sHE cOulDn'T bRiNg hErseLf to haRm Mc, sIncE he cOUld nOT be BLAMED FOR RAPING HER, BECAUSE IT WAS HER FAULT AND HE WAS OH SO INNOCENT, AND SHE'D BETTER CONTINUE DEVOURING OTHER CULTIVATORS WHO WERE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR HER ENDING UP THE WAY SHE DID, UNTIL HE MANAGED TO SAVE HER AND SHE ENDED UP BEING YET ANOTHER MEMBER OF HIS HAREM.

I seriously do not understand why I did not drop that novel then and there, instead continuing to read it for another 50 or so chapters.
    I read 7-800 chapters of it and it used to be my favorite novel, until I was so fed up with it that I deleted nearly half my reading list, because they had (comparably) minor but similar flaws.

I think this novel is the main reason, why for me the Harem tag was one of the first to be excluded from showing up on the NU front page.

9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The most BS plot armor I've seen is when every girl wants the boring average looking MC.

And god forbid the MC is actually handsome, then even rocks would want to dry hump his leg.

Toralk and Mr.Tiemos like this.
  10. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People believing they can replicate "modern technology" despite have zero experience even handling it. This does not apply if the person have huge amount of experience within that field, but even then its highly improbable since they would be high school kids. Lets be honest not many of us can build guns, ships, trains, or even modern plumbing from memory. Maybe some henta.. I mean art from memory, but other than that nada.

Toralk and Mr.Tiemos like this.
  11. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Problem is, nearly all summoning novels have a weak start. MC is being summoned and:
    - declared weak and discarded (one of the less problematic ways)
    - immediately agrees to help, no questions asked (MC is stupid, and that won't change)
    - starts disrespecting the king (There is only so much lenience you can expect from someone used to look down on others)
    - is forced to work for the king via slave collar, magic, etc. (logical but rather dark, thus rarely used)
    - asked to be excluded and leaves (considering how much resources were wasted trying to get MC there it is slightly questionable. Works better if other summoned agrees to work & MC is just an useless add on)
    - acts like he agrees and bails at the first chance given (relatively smart, though rarely seen)
    - attacks those who summoned him and flees (given how most tend to be "your average HS student", it is very rare)

Most novels tend to gloss over the "summoning period" like "Ok, so that happened, but what I really wanted to tell you is...", treating it as a mere background description and move on to talk about their "totally unique isekai experience".

12. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Transported into game where mc is very knowledgeable of that said game
    Game element outside the game especially if isekai-ed and God/goddess/almighty being say you can open menu to see level & skill ..... Did isekai God/Goddess/Almighty being play DotA, pubg, Warcraft, FF, FGO and every week roll gacha???
    Any dense mc is totally BS except it's stated that mc is really stupid
    Adventure guild in isekai, why there is lot of these (independent mercenary/gang/group is more believable) also the common rank range from A to F and the excellent rank is from S to SSS rank??? Did isekai using English Alphabet too???
    Catgirl who wag their tail to express happiness, in real life dog wag their tail to invite you to play while for cat it's a warning sign of "my paw ready to scratch you" (you can try this)

Why this BS thing become rant in the end?

Mr.Tiemos likes this.
  13. idtran

idtran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think people understand what plot armor is lol.

14. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Worst case for me is still from ISSTH, was one time when the Meng Hao was in the process of powering up and already hit the reasonable limit of that particular powerup with the story straight up mentioning that it was pure suicide to go further, and the mc just goes ahead and continue anyway.
    And out of pure damn luck the mc just so happen to centuries ago have picked up the one damn item that would save him, without even realizing that it could do that.
    Er Gen basically used plot armor to save Meng Hao from his own suicidal bullshit...

15. Mr.Tiemos

Mr.Tiemos Clifford’s Big Little Cousin, Loves Hugs

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know if that’s plot armor or the MC wanted to commit suicide and was stopped ‘because the story must go on!’

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.