Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zing at this point are discarded, family members are much more effective, have greater reach, can serve as a means of communication, have means of attack and can mainly gain experience, more or less is like the union, as vandeliue has the internal worlds They are a more "comfortable travel" means that they can carry weapons and items, which the union could not, so they have been discarded, but not forgotten, you never know when you need to kill someone in such a horrible way, such as being devoured by millions of insects or crushed by plants or torn apart For undead. although it is true that literally years have passed since we saw the lemurs.

It would be good to see mei create some lemurs with tentacles.

hillo315 likes this.
  2. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw's out:
    http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1745ct/428/

Plot doesn't advance much. Van's basically doing a brute force wide area search for Avalon. Kinda reminds me how MC from Lazy Dungeon Master would do things...

4. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay ,

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  5. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, but we do get some very interesting info on Avalon.
    • Avalon is relying on Guduranis to properly control the fragments without problems. In other words, if he is deprived of Instinct and Emotion, the fragments will betray him.
    • Avalon is chowing down on monsters. Even if Guduranis has no control over him, he is still influenced in weird ways like that.
    • Avalon relied on Guduranis to make a dungeon in the royal palace basement. It's a traditional dungeon, the kind that gives the monsters souls.
    • The dungeon monsters are not loyal to Avalon at all, so they attack him. Apparently, borrowing power from a real Demon King does not automatically qualify you as a Demon King yourself.
    • Avalon's followers stuck around as ghosts. One of them is disfigured from when Van damaged him.
    • Avalon still isn't used to the fragments, but he's steadily getting better at using them.

Korleone, Mesaphrom, Nimitz and 3 others like this.
  6. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah this is battle between demon king , i wonder if Van will fighting something like second phase boss.

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  7. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    As densuke disappoints me, there isn't a slime mouse or a vandeliu mouse that mimics the slime mouse.

hillo315 likes this.
  8. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, so is this an MTL artifact, or did it say Rokudo has the instinct and emotions of the demon king?

Edgar had, as I understood it, a piece of the memories of the demon king. If it is not an MTL artifact, then would this mean Rodcorte HAD 3 soul fragments? If so, that would mean we finally have all 5 soul fragments accounted for since Alda has 2.

Although I am suspecting it is an MTL artifact, because if I remember correctly Alda had Instinct and Ambition, which means Rodcorte could not have had Instinct to give to Rokudo.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  9. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was an error by Densuke.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  10. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder when Van is going to eat them. Van, personality and purpose aside, is essentially a successor of DK. The fact that morons collect their fragments is just going to hasten the progress. Furthermore, what would happen if Van ate other parts of DK soul? It should "complete" Van's DK abilities at the very least.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  11. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sparteh, on the contrary, I think that while vandeliu consumes and assimilates the fragments of the soul as he did with the shadow, there will be a more serious step of making those fragments and powers his own.

hillo315 likes this.
  12. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All worth it in my opinion for this one passage:
    For others: "Standing there were demon king familiars disguised sort of like mice, And Yomotsu-shikome that were probably trying to imitate mice, and mice demons, and skeletons that used to be mice when they were alive, and just plain old actual mice all competing to appear the most appropriately mousey.

Were they holding a #1 mouse contest?" :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Anyway:

"The (Incredible) Multiplying, Investigating Mice"

Again, not a lot happening other than Avalon maybe not being so in control as he thinks of the Guduranis fragments with the whole wanting to consume monsters and all. Honestly, this whole section sounds awfully similar to Edgar's point of view of Guduranis taking him over in the last couple of arcs, with him becoming angry over the Guduranis copy dungeon boss being so weak and other strange behavior even though everything else seems "fine". And with the reveal that Avalon's various henchmen among the reincarnators accompanied him to Lambda as ghosts, I wonder if the final outcome of the upcoming battle will be Edgar takes the fragments and Van takes the reincarnator cheats. As a reminder, the soon to be snacks have:
    • [Shaman] = Artificial spirits made from mana (ghost golems for Van?)
    • [Artemis] = Surefire. Can make projectiles autoseek and perfectly hit anything you see and designate a target, regardless of direction projectile is shot or thrown (I like to picture the Rip Van Winkle magic bullets from Hellsing)
    • [Ares] = Double Power. Doubles the strength of magic and weapons. Applies to complicated devices like helicopters as well, so long as you are the one using it, it's twice as strong.
    • [Sleipnir] = Increases the abilities of anything you ride. Fighter jets, bulls, monsters, whatever.
    • [Copy] = Ability to copy magic of a target regardless of your own attribute (non-death mage can use death magic... or a death mage can use all other magic? :blobowoevil_horns:). Have to get into pretty close range of the original user to copy their magic though.
    All of which sound like pretty handy abilities for the ghost using, demon king fragment launching, mage / tamer who currently can only use death attribute magic without the help of ghosts.

Meanwhile Van and Legion are indeed mass producing mouse spies in a room they just took over and had Gufadgarn make bigger on the inside somewhere in the palace, many with somewhat unconventional methods. Thought it was very funny to see Izanami, Isis and Valkyrie combing all their disparate, powerful abilities to create... a single mouse. :blobrofl: Also found Van's name choice of name for the tiny demon mice he makes, "imp mouse", pretty cute. Anyway, Van and co. have already completely seen through Avalon's plans and are now just trying to figure out where he is (while also picking up a lot of dirt on the Prime Minister and other nobles while they're searching) so seems we're rapidly moving towards a big battle to close out this arc. :blobcat_knife:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Korleone, Mesaphrom, IceFenix and 7 others like this.
  13. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Artificial spirits, ability that would allow him to create his own souls, or maybe perform surgery on souls similar to what Rod does?
    Surefire, try dodging that Heinz!
    Seeking death bullets with double damage? He can basically have a death bullet with 5.000.000 mil mana deal 10.000.000 mil mana worth of damage.
    Sleipnir, I wonder of Knochen is considered as vehicle...
    Copy, if that ability can be combined with his perfect memory, he could bypass his lack of attributes completely or have a series of powerful attribute spells ready on hand at all times.

Somehow, I doubt he will get them. Van is already a being that even certain Gods fear. Anything more and he will be able to treat Alda as if the latter was nothing more than an infant.

14. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    The soul powder is a collection of tiny miscellaneous fragments. It's counted separately from the 5 big pieces because it is "insignificant".

Since when was Ambition a fragment?

That does sound odd, but I guess it's possible that Instinct is split between Alda and Rodcorte? Besides, it's impossible for either of them to have 100% of Instinct anyway, because the body fragments each have a small chunk of Instinct as well.

He already took Shadow, which replaced the long fragment list in his stat sheet with a single skill. So it certainly did help complete the Demon King's body.

But unlike Edgar, Avalon just picked up some weird traits from Guduranis. There are no signs of Guduranis insidiously affecting him on purpose. Might be too soon to tell, though.

Sounds like that skill could be integrated into Underworld God Magic or Golem Creation.

The other cheats make sense, but this one is weird. The only use I can think of is riding Avalon, which probably looks ridiculous.

Now that he's a ghost, it should be capable of copying Dead Spirit Magic now, whether or not it was capable of that before.

The Prime Minister will be in so much trouble once this is over that killing him off is definitely a mercy. He committed treason against his country and literally all of the gods.

By the way, is there a reason Gufadgarn hasn't detected the dungeon by now? There probably is, but I totally missed it.

Bla8bla and Eddy andres like this.
  15. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    @hillo315, I can find a pair, 1-it is assumed that there are all kinds of magical arrangements.2- although it is a god still has limited power. 3-Any powerful search attempt could ruin the entire absolute stealth operation. 4-even if he is the god of labyrinths, it does not mean that he is aware of all the existing labyrinths and most likely it is like vandeliu's ability that only works when he is inside or has a connection with the labyrinth in question. also anything other than vandeliu / zakkart is almost invisible to her.

hillo315 likes this.
  16. Juroko

Juroko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am curious if Avalon will do anything with his spirit servants. He is in a dungeon which uses monsters with souls. He could in theory give them powerful monster bodies or even do his own weird version of legion. Shame to have them just be van snacks considering how much of a power multiplier their abilities are.

Bla8bla, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  17. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I certainly hope Avalon a character that follows into further arcs. He was already beaten once. To keep him just so he can e.g. keep taking fragments that Van could take instead and be annoying by would be very poor taste.

I honestly hope that when Van weakens him some the fragments will notice that Van is the true DK right now and just try to abandon Avalon.

Alda fearing everything that isn't "pure, weak, and like it was when they created he races" is nothing new. If Van did nothing for 500 years they would still say that he has a secret plan where he is powering up - and he might as well have one in their minds as Van is able to go to other worlds (though Alda might not know that yet).

Also, Van has to somehow powerup to be able to stand up to Bellwood (even if he was told that in a death match he has a chance of victory).

I also interested in what will happen to the castle though.
    Will Avalon be discovered and dispatched w/o the castle being destroyed? If so then there will literally be a very dangerous dungeon just below it, and it will have to be thinned periodically else it will spill out and the king and the nobles won't be able to handle it (if they survive until then). Or will Van take control of the dung.
    If the castle is destroyed then who will get blamed? Will gods do oracles about it and spread information (true or not)? What will the populace's first reaction be? How will it affect the geopolitical situation? If it's made to be an evil god resealed by Vida's hero (Darcia) again, will it this time have a bigger impact on the spread of faith directed towards the factions?

Based on how things never go exactly like how Van wants them to go, I wonder what new problems will spawn from this affair.

18. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    He want to make use of them like what van did. Death spirit magic. Well Van is divine magic though. I think van can use low tier god and evil god, like what he did to Fidrig when he battle alda force

19. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if i can reach 600 page.

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  20. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to ask that a while ago, but with the current rhythm and the time left, at best we arrived at 570-580.

hillo315 and IceFenix like this.