Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's so cute! :) very subtle as well. Does this mean Shijie and hubby can be referred as Cultivation Partners, though they dont go for night hunts together ?

2. Lucasta MeiMei

Lucasta MeiMei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't dual cultivation a practice? You need to be married to do it?

I don't know stuff, I just know what I read on the internet :blobsob:

3. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just got back from a short trip and there's a bunch of stuff already happening in twitterverse... I still can't catch up with the updates!!! oh my gawd!!! :blobparty:

• Things are heating up for the CQL Untamed Nanjing concert, including some kind of mistake made by the organizer for the global package orders :facepalm:... and I think there's some kind of contest, coz people are pouring their hearts out in twitter about their feelings/views about CQL :blobcheeky:

• CQL Untamed KR sub starts airing in Korea tomorrow. I shall wait for the flood of gorgeous Korean fanarts and fanstuff... :blobnosebleed:

• Holy Sweeet... Netflix picking up CQL Untamed! First North America, then Latin America, and I think I saw about UK too...?! :blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool: It's going global !!! :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:

Netflix calling the main CP as "soulmates" :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:
      And someone pointed out "Season 1" so maybe there's a season 2 somewhere..?! :blobnom:

I can only imagine how freaking fantastic it will be, if CQL Untamed did a "world tour" and have Xiao Zhan, Wang Yibo and the cast members travel to various countries and have fanmeets... :blobsmilehappyeyes:

• I still keep seeing a few new bts clips or pictures from CQL Untamed, and plenty of re-hashed or re-analyzed stuff. They're not letting the fans rest! :blobokhand:

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  4. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome welcome! You have entered a wonderful world with Mo Dao Zu Shi. Personally, nothing has ever compared or been even remotely able to touch this great work.

I agree with @Sauling
    Reading the novel is my number 1 and is where it all starts. It will change the experience you have had with the live action, audio drama, and donghua in a good way. Everything comes together so well.

I'm actually jealous of you since you're experiencing all this for the time. So wonderful.

Sauling likes this.
  5. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is. I'm actually not sure if you need to be married or not. I just know that two people with golden cores will increase their spiritual powers when they have intercourse.

Sauling and Lucasta MeiMei like this.
  6. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it depends on each author and what they want to do with it. Each with their rules :blobReach:

But we are sure that the main purpose is to increase their spiritual energy at least!:blobparty:

I so agree with this! The novel exceeds all the adaptations, I can't even! This one will always have a place in my heart!

Sauling likes this.
  7. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    all this craze only goes on to show how amazing an author MXTX is..

actors can be good.. but if underlying content is not of the highest grade, it wouldn't be successful across different cultures..

and this also makes me want heaven blessing live action adaptation so bad.. because that too has a great underlying material (although not sure how much of it fits tv as a platform which has to be concise and zippy)

More than anything, i hope mxtx makes money off this and gets her fame.. because everyone comes after.. actors did what they did because directors could direct what they wanted to direct because mxtx is super clear in what she wanted to convey

8. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    How would a live action for hob even work?:blob_teary: They had to change the corpses thing in the untamed because 'censorship'. They didn't even look like corpses right? Imagine all those weirdos from the Ghost City. It even has more horror elements than mdzs and the big fight at the end. If it's the same cgi done as in mdzs it will be cringe af

Besides that, I'm curious how they are going to change the reason WHY Hua Cheng waited 800 years for Xie Lian or why he is everywhere, or why he helps him all the time. In all the adaptations he would most likely seem like a stalker or something :blobjoy: (except maybe the manhua since they seem to have more freedom than the live action or donghua)

I mean he kind of is...? Oh lord.

Edit: I guess the live action will be different from the novel in terms of storyline. Something like the untamed.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  9. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    watttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo saddddddddddddddddddddddddddd:blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:3rd drunk scene is best hahahahahaha all drunk scenes are hahahah:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

ohhhhhhh still haven shipped? no stock ba did they say when stock comin in? or estimated arriving date? u order from wat website? wangxian plushie so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa releasde in oct so this month den like tat is end of nov den u will get OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG:blobastonished::blobastonished::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::blob_patpat::blob_patpat::blob_patpat: tat sucks im still waitin for wangxian nendriod ahahhahah. well gd things always hav to wait:blob_patpat::blobrofl:

Sauling likes this.
  10. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

setsuna3025 and YaoiMom22 like this.
  11. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They will definitely tone down everything, as not just it needs to pass censorship, but also needs to appeal to mass audience, specially to those that haven't read the source material. Good CGI will need a bigger budget which most of XianXia dramas dont usually have.
    EDIT: I wont mind if they change the plotline as long as they keep their continuity good and the guys as leads.. i.e. not changing them into a BG romance or anything. I found out recently how close we were getting Wen Qing / WWX as a pair in CQL, if not for the fans uproar.

Lucasta MeiMei likes this.
  12. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually curious how they will do that. I'll give it a try, although I have no expectations whatsoever.

13. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, that would have been such a big mistake. Well, it would have been bad for the novel readers. There's a lot of people who only watched The Untamed.

14. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    That's actually a tough one since in terms of 'cultivation goes', I don't think Yanli is a cultivator on her end, not in the novel at least. But if you're going to label her status with Jin Zixuan, then it's a simple fact that they are married to each other, so I guess, one wouldn't hurt to consider them as cultivation partners. For me, I personally see them as cultivation partners because of how I interpret that term (being married also). Going on night-hunts together isn't a necessity to be considered 'cultivation partners', but you can check out this link for your reference :)

Well, you can read from this page as a reference: https://modao-zushi.fandom.com/wiki/Cultivation_Partner

This is why I keep recommending MDZS fans to read the novel, because one will really miss out all the consistent developments and conclusion if they don't read the novel. Everything does comes together so well, it makes all that reading totally worth it.

I know the length is long, but honestly, MDZS is a novel where, once I started, I cannot let go, because by the end of the novel, I really wish there were more chapters.

The other adaptations is good indeed, they each have their pros and cons imo, but nothing beats the novel imo, because the novel has everything I wanted to ask for! :aww:

Hahaha, third drunk scene is, but looking at how the Audio Drama censored the Incense Burner:blob_blush: They will most likely censored those scenes as well :blob_teary::blob_teary: But at least we (novel fans) know what happens :blobmelt:

Yup not shipped yet, I'm sad :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: Waiting for the item to arrive at their office before they can ship, but from this experience, it's not a good feeling :blobdead::blobdead: The two pre-order is the same website Aitai-Kuji that you order your Wei Ying Nendoroid

setsuna3025 likes this.
  15. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    The only way to read up dual cultivation for Wangxian would be through fanfics... I wish the couple many tens, even hundreds of years of happy, glorious and very fulfilling sex life!! :blob_grin:

Ah, thanks for pointing out the part where LWJ lied. I guess it goes to show just how much LWJ has changed by the end of the story. WWX sorta remains as WWX... or did he change a lot as well?:blobthinkingsmirk:

If we take LWJ as the 'ideal boyfriend/husband', and WWX as 'the girl' (even my mom's earliest comment about WWX is that he really thinks/acts/talks like a girl) - it's a reflection for the reader (the girl) to put herself in WWX's shoes, and want the boyfriend/husband to change according to what she/WWX wants. Unfortunately, reality doesn't happen that way... :blobsweat:

In CQL Untamed, when they were studying at Gusu, it wasn't so obvious how young they were (and WWX's actor is twice the age of the character in novel...), or how much difference their age gap is.

But in the flashback scenes of their childhood, it looks like the age gap between WWX and JC is more than 1 year. And Shijie is far, far older.

Long, long ago (actually when CQL Untamed started airing), some chinese fans recorded the reactions of straight men to the series. I don't know where to find those clips anymore, they're buried somewhere in weibo, twitter or maybe you can find them in youtube.

*self-promotion* My mom is a non-BL viewer of the drama series, and I've posted her comments/reactions in the last few pages of this forum. In case you do read those, I hope you find them entertaining, if not enlightening :blobokhand:

I would have to agree with what the others said, coz I don't really follow the wuxia/xianxia/dao lores... but I remember long ago, when I watched those ancient martial arts HK drama series, at some point I kinda "got" the concept although it's not as explicit as some people here say - probably due to tv censorship reasons... :blobowoevil_horns:

To me, dual cultivation can be as elaborate what was described a few posts before, including sex, intercourse and all that stuff.. or just as simple as: two guys/girls/guy & girl, sitting cross-legged facing each other or one's back facing to the other, and they perform these martial arts-like hand movements and gestures (with awesome phut phut phut sfx, cheap 1970's neon-light visual effects, double-fingers poking at key meridian or acupressure points all over the upper body... you name it, the HK stars have done it), and then miraculously one gets more "power" or is "healed", and over time, both become "more powerful". :blobhero:

I do remember watching some HK series that tried to include sex into the cultivation practices, but I was so young then and my mom just told me to "close your eyes until I say so". Whatever that was, the outcome was that both cultivators emerged from their home / cave / den / bedroom covered in sweat and panting like crazy. :blobjoy:

I read one tweet that Europe is included too!

I really liked the selection of scenes they've put up in Netflix. Really, one can immediately grasp who is the 'seme' and who is the 'uke' at first glance :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

I'd like to know too... :blobtriumph:

lighterxx likes this.
  16. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Watching the last episode with my mom last week, crying over the LSZ-hugging-WWX's-legs scene, made me think...

Question: how long was A-Yuan alone (and had the high fever) in the Burial Mounds village until LWJ rescued him?

Based on CQL Untamed, WWX was given an acupuncture therapy by Wen Qing to make him unconscious for 3 days, while the Wens surrender themselves to the Jins. I remember not seeing A-Yuan among the Wens who appeared on the stairs leading up to the Jin's place. So that means A-Yuan was left in the village with a KO'ed WWX, for 3 days.

Then 3 days later, WWX wakes up and by night time, everything was over and he fell off the cliff.
    I don't know how much time transpired between that point and when LWJ found A-Yuan.
    I remember a scene where LWJ had a face-off with the other sects at the Burial Mounds village because he wanted to protect?? the place from being burned down, and later someone said that LQR wanted to see him.

Pity the poor little boy, having to brave nights of starvation, fever, cold and all that for several nights before he was rescued. It's a miracle that he survived that ordeal at such a young age!!

Side thought: maybe Wen Qing intended for WWX to knock-off for 3 days so that he'll wake up, find and pick up A-Yuan, and go hide in the forests. But unfortunately, instead, WWX woke up extremely upset and ran off to the Jin's place, thus missing out on the key mission to find and save A-Yuan...! :blob_teary:

HOW would the story change, if this (assuming Wen Qing's) idea worked out...!! :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:
    • WWX lives, probably influenced (for the better) by A-Yuan and his (maternal) instincts to hide, protect and raise A-Yuan...
    • The sect leaders and soldiers can gather and spew their useless war cries that night at Nightless City, and WWX does not need to respond to them...
    • LWJ arrives at Nightless City, doesn't find WWX anywhere, then goes off to search for WWX (because he can't be bothered to join with the rest of the sect leaders and their soldiers...)
    • Maybe LWJ will bump to the fugitive WWX with A-Yuan in his arms...!
    • And they run off to the sunset (or moonrise) together and ... live happily ever after as father, mother and son... somewhere...?:blobnosebleed:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  17. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    It all starts with a lie and soon enough Lan Wangji got the taste of evil. This way Gusu Patriarch is born and everyone will blame Wei Wuxian as usual:blobjoy:

I think Wei Wuxian changed too. He definitely matured through the series. Although he still holds that drop of innocence in him.

I liked what he said to Su She on the last chapters.

Wei WuXian grinned, “Is it because HanGuang-Jun’s had such an icy face ever since he was young, Sect Leader Su, that you think about him this way? If so, then HanGuang-Jun is so unfortunately misunderstood. He’s obviously like this towards everyone. You should be glad you didn’t study at the YunmengJiang Sect, Sect Leader Su.”

Su She’s voice was cold, “Why?”

Wei WuXian, “Or else you would’ve long since been angered to death by me. When I was young, every day I wholehearted believed that I was a prodigy, that I was such a fucking big deal. And not only did I believe it in my heart, I even flaunted it everywhere.”

Veins lined Su She’s forehead, “Shut up!”

And I'm giving another extract from the same chapter with these two cuz I find it too cuteee.

He mocked again out of defiance, “I never imagined that the YiLing Patriarch, who legendarily strikes fear in both the living and the dead, would be scared of death himself!”

Wei WuXian responded shamelessly, “You really flatter me. But, it’s not that I’m scared of death. I just don’t want to die yet.”

Su She sneered, “Mincing words. Hilarious. Is there any difference between being scared of death and not wanting to die?”

Wei WuXian snuggled against Lan WangJi’s chest, “Of course there is. For example, right now, I don’t want to get up from Lan Zhan versus I’m scared of getting up from Lan Zhan—could they possibly be the same?” After some thought, he continued, “I’m sorry. I retract my words. I feel like they’re pretty much exactly the same thing.”

Su She’s face was almost green. To anger him was Wei WuXian’s original intention, anyways. But suddenly, from above him came a light laugh.

It was so extremely light that one would doubt they heard wrong.

But Wei WuXian immediately looked up. He very clearly saw beside Lan WangJi’s lips the transient glimpse of a soft smile that resembled sunlight reflected over snow. This time, not only Su She, even Lan XiChen and Jin Ling paused in astonishment.

Everyone knew that HanGuang-Jun was always cold and never smiled, almost unlively. Only few had seen what he looked like when he smiled, even if it was just a slight curl of his lips. Nobody expected to see his smile under such circumstances.

Wei WuXian’s eyes were immediately opened wide and round.

A moment later, he gulped. His Adam’s apple bobbed up and down, “Lan Zhan, you…”

I think it's the only time in the novel when he did so? Damn.

That's to be expected, they can't make real people age or go back to babies hahahaha

Shijie is like 3 years older than Wei Wuxian I think. The same age as Lan XiChen. I might be wrong here though.

18. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    It is unknown. The events went like this (again from memory, I didn't read it in a long time)

Wen Qing put Wei Wuxian to sleep for a few days. Her and her brother go to get executed to save Wei Wuxian and the remnants.

Nightless City happens.

3 months pass from the events at Nightless City to Wei Wuxian's death.

In that time the rest of the Wens are still alive including A-Yuan. Wei Wuxian destroys half of the Tiger Seal, but before he can destroy the other half the siege against him happens. He hides A-Yuan into a tree and goes to die lol. The rest of the Wens are killed too.

I think he stayed a few days or around a week there, something like that? Until word got to Wangji's ears and until he found him it should have passed some time, but not enough to kill a little child.

Although it's a miracle he survived. He didn't even have a golden core. Maybe Lan Wangji found him faster?

If he died, I would have died too. With whom I would ship JingYi with :blobsneeze:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  20. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    This discussion reminds me. I know the fandom sees Wei Wuxian like SiZhui's mom or something of that sort, but I don't really see it. He gives vibes more of a big brother or the funny dad.

What I could see that leans towards the maternal instincts is the fact that he praised SiZhui abilities like a proud parent and he likes him a lot without knowing who he really is.

And can we appreciate how he doesn't know any of the juniors names with the exception of SiZhui, JingYi and Jin Ling? :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: