Favourite Novel?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by 7174PK, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7174PK

7174PK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you've read lots of novels in NU, it becomes difficult to come across any new ones when you want to read one even when NU has filtering options. Sometimes novels that you think are not your genre can make you like it. Also, some relatively unpopular novels or novels that have not-so-good rating turns out to be a very good one.

Which is your favourite novel(s) and what genre is it? Are there any novels that you've read, is good but not so famous, if yes, then which one is it? Which novel touched you the most and made you think about it even after a long time? Which novel made you cry the most? Which novel have you read more than once?

I hope we can discover some great novels here.

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    'Sage Monarch' is good

3. con

con Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    trash of the count's family! it's silly and the writing is stilted but it just makes me so happy every time i read it. all the details, the friendship, the humour, the care that everyone shows,,, TvT. it's nothing groundbreaking, but i absolutely adore tcf. it's 100% my favourite

CatCat19 likes this.
  4. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
  5. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    Death Progress Bar!

6. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    After reflecting for an hour....i can claim i still didn't find any novel other than "the lazy king", because i don't remember ever finishing any other novel with the exception of a few CN novels.
    I read a lot of them and liked most of them....but until now i still don't remember seeing their end for various reason, with the most common one beign the novel is dropped because author death/ilness or traslator going into MIA.....
    for example:
    The legend of legendary heroes
    kaze no stigma
    the familiar of zero
    hidan no aria
    and few other

juniorjawz likes this.
  7. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    The one I'm reading now that I'm most impressed with is: Silver Overlord . Unfortunately, there's a paywall.
    I also really like: Throne of Magical Arcana , but again, there's a paywall.
    The best comedic ones I like are: I Said Make My Abilities Average! (slap-stick type comedy, unfortunately, 2nd translator is shit MTL), Virtual World: Close Combat Mage (smack talk type comedy), and The Strategy to Become Good at Magic (insult type comedy, unfortunately, the translator is not interested, but hangs on to it).

8. haruhi91

haruhi91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely https://www.novelupdates.com/series/lost-you-forever/ it's a romance which has become my favourite novel. I re-read it often because every time it manages to make me feel so much, it is one of those novel that make me realize what means using 'show don't tell'

9. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm....

Empress of the Otherverse or Hokuou Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi comes to mind. Cut and paste to look for them, they're kind of ok.
    SukaSuka if you want to cry your eyes out. lol.

10. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    None on RRl or NU.

11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On NU? .... Hmm.. There are actually quite a few novels I've liked a lot, for various reasons, at various times. Lord of the Mysteries, Absolute Choice, Perfect World, Library of Heaven's Path, City of Sin, Cultivation Chat Group.. among others. If you ask me what my favorite novel here is, though... I don't know if I even have one. Some days I feel like I might, others, I feel like everything is disappointing in one way or another, and nothing really stands out to me as being my favorite.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  12. Frizurmind

Frizurmind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To me its Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
    Its the first novel that i read and it influenced me to read other novels

Oh and there’s Semi Datte Tensei Sureba Ryuu Ni Naru it’s a short story about a cicada reincarnated to a dragon a touching story if i may add

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  13. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    Death Progress Bar!

14. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Mushoku Tensei, very good story with brilliant ending. Really set the bar high for me to enjoy other novel

Throne of magical arcana. Have better writing than most novel, but not popular

About the Reckless Girl Who Kept Challenging a Reborn Man Like Me

Well, none in novel updates. But one piece manga made me cry a lot

Too much novel to list here

kyoshijiro likes this.
  15. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    right now my favourite is I wasn't born lucky
    its bl and not too cheesy, with an interesting mc.
    it has horror themes that I'm not good with, yet the comedy makes it less scary for me

16. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    About the Reckless Girl Who Kept Challenging a Reborn Man Like Me
    This is one of the most touching stories I read. And whenever I need a bittersweet taste I reread it.

My favorites longer novels are:

My Death Flags Show No Sign of ending
    A great story, the characters are well made. The story is interesting. Love it.

I Came Back but the World is Still a Fantasy!?
    I am oh so curious about the Mc past and his abilities. I want to know the secrets of the world's he is investigating, I want to see how he resolves his family relationships and I really want to see him kick ass.

Monster Soul Online
    Really great character development. Probably the best I have ever read in this regard. The story is interesting. The combat is also great. The beginning might not be the best because, I repeat, the character development is huge.

Colossus Hunter
    Awesome action, love the story, him going back in time and preparing for the future. Learning secrets thanks to the demon Lord, improving his skill and strength because of new information and becoming more skilled than his past life, his planning, the people he meets and how they see him.

Crossing to the Future, it’s Not Easy to Be a Man
    Great story, pretending to be a guy. Getting tortured by the learning device and becoming op. Her followers veneration, the smack down when she stops hiding and holding back (or holding back less). Funny characters.

Second Life Ranker
    Great Mc, interesting story.

Star Rank Hunter
    Huge world, great Mc, awesome characters, lots of exploration, great tactics and combat, great story

The Card Apprentice
    Awesome world building, especially the technology. Love the Mc. Ending is rushed T. T

The S-Classes That I Raised
    One of the few stories where the Mc isn't op, is in fact one of the weakest most of the time. Love the characters, the caretaker skill effect is a bit disconcerting, but if I don't think too much and take it as comedy then it's hilarious. Really curious about the secrets of the system.

Sinless likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.