Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, normally.
    We already talked about this manga. The ch7 is half fluffy with MC finally becoming friends with FL. And i said that i fear that drama will appear to spice it up. Also we don't know if it will stay friendship or go full yuri.

Ubik and Yandere Devil like this.
  3. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Didnt finish it but here’s another pretty good Chinese novel to read: 你追我隔层纱 (You chase my compartment yarn)

Quick of what happened so far:
    The Mc is in the entertainment industry and has a cold-faced character but in actuality, very simple and naive. The Mc was planning to take part in an movie but because she heard the FL is gonna take part in a variety show, she decided to switch over. The Mc and the FL met 6 months before this variety show but FL suddenly dropped out of it and Mc hasn’t anything from her since. The variety show showcases 4 celebrities, Mc, FL and 2 other women. The program is to basically show each celebrity’s houses. There are a lot of cute couple scenes. And quite a short amount of chapters but I’m dropping it here. It doesn’t appeal to me but it might appeal to others

Summary:
    What kind of sparks will collide when the two masked high cold goddesses are together? ?

After the film, Xia Jinrong sees Xu Zhi’s first side: although it looks like my dish, the woman who stepped on the girlfriend’s position is too bad.

Xia Jinrong and Xu Zhi’s second meeting: Ah; how is this woman so good-looking, I like it so much, Xia Jinrong, you must keep a distance from the bad woman.

After a few days and a few days: Mom, such a good girl is hard to find with a lantern, I will take her home.

Fans: Ah, ah, Jinrong baby, I can, I want to give you a monkey, for you crazy for you, smashing the wall for you.

Xia Jinrong: The face keeps smiling. Inner OS: Emma, don't say it, my wife will clean up after I go home.

In the evening, when Xia Jinrong and Xu Zhi were "fighting" on the bed, Xu Zhishou came to a cold; I can, for you, mad for you to smash the wall for you. Then lay still. Xia Jinrong looked awkward, how could this be ruthless? The brain is spinning fast and thinking about how to marry her little fairy. A flash of light, a smile on his face said: Baby, you are lying down, I am going to attack you.

4. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished MTL it. The story is sweet! :cookie: Thanks. Still not the best though. Other couple was cute too. :blobsmilehappy: and....
    about MC and FL daughter that was after 18 years after the end of the main plot was nice enough to be expanded as different story.
    Overall pretty solid 8/10 mark.
    Oh, then I'll add at it in to-read list.
    You suggesting new stories faster than fries are made :blob_grin: Still will check after finishing MTL of that short novel.

By the way, fully finished "Beauty Manufacturing System". Not everyone cup of tea. Has a large number of cases of domestic violence and wrongdoings. But stories were all except one in modern day settings. Endings mostly contain HEA part after ark is finished. And there is a good twist in the whole interconnected plot. So if reading some dark things didn't bother, you could check it. Another solid 8/10. (yes, in my opinion, it's better than don't worry I will bend myself).

5. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Violence is like whatever, dark things I can handle. The reason I dropped it after the first world is because she willing made herself forget everything that happened. I didn’t like that because the emotions she would feel in the world would disappear along with those memories.

Ubik likes this.
  6. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe. But the character that lived 9 lives with different characters could lead to different bad situations. Also, I don't think that even with that she will retain her memory of worlds regardless of situation and choices. After all, that memory could lead to faster memory restoration, but that was not a desirable situation by the antagonist.

Bend myself and beaty system somewhat similar. It has mostly drama arks. Were length of bending is near long drawn short series and beaty system is like collection of oneshots. In bending MC was cut off from any feelings to any ark characters, in beaty system she just was cut off from everything except results.

Moonpearl likes this.
  7. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    M
    no

Ubik likes this.
  9. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Spnagi

Spnagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the first chapter with Google translate, i don't undertand what's Going too.

But i think the FC is a Step mother
    She go in her book, because she write a canon fodder with the same name as her.

The heroine hit on her bike accidentally the Ice Prince of the school
    And a random girl slap her face.
    This what i understood

11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was never picked up. It was teaser chapter by TL that translate mostly BL stories. Right now even teaser chapter 1 is on site, but is password protected.
    And finished it too. Yes, story is sweet but it somewhat lacking. It has a large plothole in the ending part. And some logical inconsistences. And lacks.... I don't know. :hmm: Maybe plot maybe more fluffiness maybe something else. It looks more like ark in QT story than story as standalone fiction. I would give it 6/10 as fine.
    I think you should ask @Yandere Devil it was one of the favorites, IIRC.

12. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn’t finish it but from what I remember from the setting. The FL is the heroine of the world Mc got transported to. Mc is either the villainous or a rich side character. Mc received the memories of the world and how it’s gonna turn out. When the novel starts, we see the FL getting bullied by her schoolmates because she’s the only poor person that got in by scholarship. Mc steps in to help FL nonchalantly and FL sticks to Mc after that. I don’t know much of the rest because I mtl last year when I was still a newbie to MTL

Mc and FL are the same age and go to the same school

Ubik likes this.
  13. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know memory could be funny thing but but I find that post with spoilers:

AsianessPride likes this.
  14. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t completed mtl novel cause of hard mtl. this is so sweet novel. I like FL so much.
    FL act as pitiful white lotus to get Mc attention. She is definitely yandere who think of killing everyone. She is very possessive over Mc and get jealous. She clingy to MC. MC think of FL as her daughter and wanted protected her, not let scum male protagonist abuse her. FL regard MC as her life and everything. She fall for MC.

FL’s bad mother who trying to sell FL at first, now she and other men is scared of FL. I think FL isn't human. The way she killing bad guys and drink blood make me think she isn’t human. Her eyes color change red. MTL is so hard, I don't understand much. I really hope this novel get picked up. 10/10 rate, My favorite novel. Interact between MC and FL is so sweet.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  15. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    What?! YANDERE?! :aww::aww::aww::aww:
    I'm greatly considering taking this novel as my next GL project if there's no VIP chapters.
    This is for the Never Dare to Abuse the Female Protagonist Again, right?

My soul has a soft spot for yandere, I yearn for crazy love in my novels. :blobuwu:

@Yandere Devil Just curious, how can you rate this novel 10/10 if it's not readable on MTL, just wondering just what exactly made it a 10/10 since you had a difficult time reading it?

Ubik, AsianessPride and Yandere Devil like this.
  16. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I know you were asking my bestie Yandere Devil, but if I’m allowed to put in my opinion as the #1 Chinese yuri MTL. This is one of the hardest to MTL, but I don’t deny it’s very good. I love the pairing too. Wolf in sheep’s clothes X kind ignorant Mc is very cute. I like when the FL treats Mc differently from how she treats others. I wish I can find more pairings like these.

Ubik likes this.
  17. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m gonna go back to reread this later. I trust your recommendation. :blobthinkingsmirk:

On a side note, I won’t be recommending another Chinese yuri novel anytime soon because the one I’m reading now is gonna take a few days to finish. Ahaha :blob_grin:

Moonpearl, Ubik and Yandere Devil like this.
  18. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    I rate 10/10 because story is interesting and I love FL and MC personality. I really like FL. The way she act as pitiful white lotus to get MC’s care. Only MC’s friend suspect her. MC is likable. Their interact is so cute and adorable.
    When you finished read this novel, please spoiler this novel.

19. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this only for transmigrating into one novel? Or are there more worlds for FL?

Thanks for your input!

Ubik likes this.
  20. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigrating into Only One world, This is not world hopping novel.