Discussion Are you gonna be a parent someday?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Oct 24, 2019.

?

q

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. no

27 vote(s)
    40.3%
  3. eventually

16 vote(s)
    23.9%
  4. if my SO really wants it

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    There's usually an option in dating apps : do you want kids someday? yes, no, eventually...
    I used to think I'm the eventually. Then I thought well I don't want someone to inherit my allergies or other bad genes so I'll just adopt, no crying and crapping baby either so that's good. Now I think regular kids are annoying too most of the time, I don't feel like having them even eventually.
    Probably my future waifu is gonna push me into it, but what if it's a stillbirth or a sickly AF kid, it would end my relationship with depression or my attitude end the kid's misery, that's no life, wouldn't bode well for the relationship either.

2. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    *Me thinking of my future child*
    Child: Dad? Why do i see dead corpses?
    Me: You'll get used to it.
    Child: Dad? Why don't i have friends?
    Me: ....You'll get used to it.
    Child: Dad? Is mom gonna di-
    Me: You are not a main character!

3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump wtf, I expected better response to this.

4. Silv0

Silv0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with the bad genes thing. In my case mental disorders run in my family. I didn't inherit but I could be carrying the genes for it so I'd like to avoid potentially passing that on.

Also this is assuming that these people who probably spend most their time on the internet can actually find a partner to have children with.

5. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if i'd like to have biologically-related kids. Aside from being aromantic and the complicated issues that would arise by having a child out of wedlock (no means of disrespect intended), I would certainly feel a lot of guilt and self-blame if the child is a stillborn or sickly.
    It'll be such a loss to the world if this good looks of mine have no inheritor, though~ :blob_sunglasses:

On a more serious note, i've been toying with the idea of adopting a child sometimes in the future. It'll certainly be nice to have additional soul in the house to brighten things up. So yes, eventually, i'm planning to be a parent.

P.S. i've just realized that we don't have a normal, tongue-out blob ":p". How can this be?!?!:sweating_profusely:

Jojo775 and LK like this.
  6. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. If i eventually get a gf that wants kids, then sure.

7. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes as soon as i catch hoshi i will share the happy news!!

orematcha, Jojo775 and DragonMage18 like this.
  8. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fine with or without a child
    Would probably depend on my partner
    But I'd probably go with yes if I'm forced to give an answer

9. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 2 types of parents...

Those who plans, raise their kids and those who got ran over by their kids....
    WARNING: kids are not toys that you just pick up and play with. BEFORE YOU HAVE KIDS, You need to make sure you know about yourself, your spouse and the general idea of how to build relationships with people. Not to mention loads of resources.
    If you can barely afford your living, having a kid will financially break you, because you need to provide for you, your spouse and your kids. Not to mention every emergency situation that might arise... With kids? Emergency situations happens every month...

If you just used your dick and a kid comes into your life by accident, get ready for a lot of pain.....

Fictionaddiction likes this.
  10. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, kid, the moment you see corpses that aren't dead is the moment we move to our bunker

Preciousmele, mir, KazuXSora and 3 others like this.
  11. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've literally broken up over this. I don't want kids. Everyone laughs when I say this. I've been told the universe doesn't like me, so I will end up with children anyway. Which is a possibility. I have tons of irresponsible relatives/friends of the family. So my plan is to not socialize with them and hopefully they forget I exist.

Silv0 and Fictionaddiction like this.
  12. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    If i find someone then sure, i could have a child, but umtil then the answer is HELL NOOO!

13. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    mankind has been fucking for hundreds of thousand of years and the concept of planned parenthood is less than a century old, people will be fine*

*accidents may occur, side effect may include cough, running nose, measles, bobonic plague, death. do not consume with alchool , do not ingest if pregnant. if erection last more than 4 hours consult your medic

14. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an insecure weak willed subhuman waste of resources, so the likes of me falling in love normally, and having a proper family is more impossible than becoming a supernatural force of evil.

15. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [D]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    LilyoftheValley, IceLight303 and LK like this.
  16. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    No kids.
    Wife want kids? Certainly won't be my wife.

The quality of life isn't going to be better, there is something called the point of no return, and the sustainability of the world has crossed that point already, things are going to get messy to say the least in the next decade.

Jojo775 and IceLight303 like this.
  17. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the first time I've seen this POV usually parents are very selfish and don't care if their kid gets their inherited diseases or whatever.. they just want kids to play with or to help them out someday. But your way of thinking although selfless but also wrong. Coz honestly so what if the kid gets a couple of allergies it's not the end of the world. And sick children are nothing to be depressed about . In fact parents tend to favor and love the sick child more. A human is a human wither sick or not it goes fine eventually and everyone adapts. P.S. I actually voted NO coz I'm too sick of taking care of people. God knows I've had enough of that already.

18. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely not. What would I say when they grow up and see how much we fucked the Earth:
    "Hey kid, now that generations upon generations of your ancestors worked tirelessly to destroy the Earth mostly because of their greed, and that almost nobody tried to stop them, you get to inherit it. The oil have run dry, potable water should be scarce too and people have started to fight for it. Catastrophic natural events should also be a regular occurrence. There is nothing to expect from the Earth now, we milked it dry, making life harder and harder to live for you because we wanted to make life easier for us. There is nothing you can do anymore. But your mother and I still decided to have you, because of our selfish desire.
    Good luck, you'll need it."

mir, Jojo775 and IceLight303 like this.
  19. LK

LK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too many siblings to want to have kids. Maybe adopt but probably an older kid.

20. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    realistically speaking i wouldn't even be able to seduce a grape so im going to answer no to that one

mir likes this.