Request uncommon sense

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Alva Quinn, Oct 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alva Quinn

Alva Quinn 『0→1』『The Servant』

Reading List:
    Link
    i like fantasy and isekai but lets be real here: they arent realistic at all!
    i get the memo that fantasy ISNT supposed to be real, something about escapism yada yada, but i dont care!

i want you guys to think of EVEN MORE uncommon senses that SOUNDS normal for weebs but are stupid in the end!

examples of uncommon senses:
    • archery is for women and weak men? as if! look at long bows! those weapons need strong muscles!
    • fight poison with poison? thats only in rare cases! youll die faster by both poisons rather than be cured!
    • horned rabbits? tackling a goblin does nothing without enough kicking force! its a stupid trait!
    • goblins are weak? read the story of orcbolg the beardcutter!
    • winged humans? learn physics! those wingspan have to be long and your breast muscles have to be STRONK!
    come on folks! give me something new!

2. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    . . . . all medicines are poison and all poisons are medicine. . .
    welp I'm pretty sure that no isekai has released any in depth analysis on winged human anatomy. . .

but welp. . .
    just enjoy the freaking setting. . .
    unless they do a collab or a cameo PR shared universe type of thing. . . .

and welp, drink some coffee and nibble some chocolates you'll feel better. . .x

Arash1 likes this.
  3. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I agree with you on the point of archery. It isn’t just for women or weak men. The majority of archers in the past has been men imo.
    2. Fighting poison with poison really depends on if the correct poison is being used.
    3. Horned rabbit always bugged me... now that I think of it though... it kinda makes sense? Magic world has magic essence flowing willy nilly. Bunnies hop around as a means of locomotion. Therefore mr hippity hoppity bunny has magically reinforced legs of steel. Get wrecked noob.:blobowoevil_horns:
    4. As for goblins... no idea. Maybe because they look like midget humans and ugly ones at that...? So authors like to use them to get the Mc used to killing? :blobconfused:
    5. Winged humans? Again magic! Seriously though everyone said the bee is too fat to fly. Yet bee don’t give a flying fuck. Bee do what a bee do. Same shit with dragons western and eastern. Western dragons have tiny wings compared to their fat body and dense bones. Yet they don’t care, they fly around burning down villages anyways. Eastern dragons don’t even have wings and don’t even give a shit. Gravity? What’s that?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    • "archery is for women and weak men?" seriously? I thought master swordwomen or lady knights are uncommon sense (this should be uncommon sense since women holding swords weren't a popular thing historically speaking at least according to what I know) but archery for women and weak men? (speak of the wars and the technological warfare breakthroughs back then, holders of bows and arrows were heroes, master warriors), this one is weird :cautious:
    • And here is another important uncommon sense: truck kun will take you to an isekai

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2019
  5. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmm....
    • MC's punching strength (and hence damage) can increase almost infinitely without a correspondence increase in bodily toughness. If you punch something that hard, the resulting strain/force on your body should shatter your bones, tear your tendons, etc.
      e.g. One-Punch Man isn't just strong, his body can handle impossible amounts of force.

• Iron skin and all related cultivation techniques. If skin is that tough/thick, you lose most of your sensitivity.

• Civilizations (esp Chinese ones) can exist for multiple millennia ... without any improvements in technology/standard of living. Even though it's repeatedly stated that there's a civilian class (non-immortal).

mir, Alva Quinn and Zaroz like this.
  6. Zaroz

Zaroz Existential Lurker Demonic Calamity

Reading List:
    Link
    That there can be a man-made disaster the destroys a massive magic civilization in its entirety, but yet, somehow, humans survived through it. (see Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja~ Sekai Saikyou no Kenja ga Sarani Tsuyoku Naru Tameni Tenseishimashita~)

7. Leosinurat

Leosinurat [Master of None]

Reading List:
    Link
    Here are some that bugged me for a while
    1. Cultivator are immune to bullet
    2. Monster that come from another world are immune to modern weapon (some novel even said nuke doesn't kill it)
    3. Walking through vertical wall without rope just pure agility

Bright_Lucky_Star and mir like this.
  8. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Almost instantaneous raising of rank to a noble despite having no history in the kingdom they are transported into.
    • Language is the same across the entire world with no variation.
    • Deadly monsters everywhere yet farmers and ranchers are only ever bothered by seemingly weak ones if any at all.

Bright_Lucky_Star, mir and Alva Quinn like this.
  9. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty dumb that cultivators spend hours flying on their stupid swords in the sky and can still remain white as snow lmao, my ass would be sun burnt like a lobster in 20 minutes

10. Leosinurat

Leosinurat [Master of None]

Reading List:
    Link
    Now you mention it, in several isekai novel, remote village were actually the safest of all also they also have bandit in nearby mountain.

11. RabdomPersona

RabdomPersona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the part with the goblins is a little, ehh. Goblins are made up mythical creatures and vary on weaknesses/strength depending on who writes the story. In video games a lot of them are at starting points for beginners (but of course there are goblins bosses) and that might’ve just transferred over to writing. But anyway, you can’t expect all writers to make goblins strong and base them off another story.

asriu likes this.
  12. RabdomPersona

RabdomPersona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol probably because they wear those thick robes. I don’t understand how they don’t get heatstroke tbh

13. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that picture a man or a woman? :unsure: Hate to be a d**k, but I keep thinking it's either a really ugly man, or a really ugly woman :)

And a point about tiered Kingdom/Empire that I don't really get ....

They often have these tiers ... a Tier 1 Kingdom manages 5x tier 2 Kingdoms, which manages 10x Tier 3 Kingdoms, etc. Supposedly made to reflect Earth's governing hierarchy (town, city, county, province, country, etc).

And somehow it's common sense for a Tier 3 Kingdom (usually the one MC is from) to be promoted all the way to Tier 1. How does that actually work? Isn't that the equivalent of a city/province in China declaring independence, so wouldn't you naturally squash them before ....whooops. :whistle: Caught myself before making political statements.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  14. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    They use sunscreen

15. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Liu Yifei from the upcomming mulan movie

16. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouch. Ok. Well I guess she'd pass the role of disguising as a man in the army. They chose Zhao Wei for the 2009 version for the same reason (y)

17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    duh
    your common sense is destroyed on world where creature drop something when it die~
    physical law turn upside down just from biology perspective how in hell gigantic creature exist... imagine how much food it required.... what kind of food? they eat mountain or something? grow rate that another problem...
    tbh just food chain already crazy enuf

battle.. swing regular sword and hurricane may pop up..... riddle me that
    physical strong kinda nvm
    it magic I guess
    Valkyre still ok but female knight.. too much tentacle fans perhaps? the archnemesis of female knight
    19668.png

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    1) It's true that archery requires a lot of strength. Ai-chan can only pull the normal composite bow sold for intermediate users but will never be able to pull a historically accurate yew long bow from 100 years war.
    2) Poison can be medicine and medicine can be poison, it depends on the dosage. In many cases, poison is used to stop a particular poison or venom from causing further damage on the body. For example, you could have a poison that spreads through your bloodstream. However, you could use small dosage of poison that slows down your heart beat so that you can slow the spread of the more dangerous poison so that you can isolate or administer cure to it.
    3) Ai-chan doesn't understand this problem. Are you saying horned rabbits can't tackle a goblin? With enough momentum, anything can be tackled. If Ai-chan is extremely tough and hurtling through the orbit at Mach 2, Ai-chan can tackle down the ISS, no problem at all.
    4) Orcbolg (Beardcutter) is human. How does this support your argument that goblins aren't weak?
    5) Actually, the real reason why humans can't fly is not because we don't have huge wings or our breast muscles aren't strong. The real reason is because our bones are quite dense. All flying creatures have one thing in common, in that their bones are hollow. Bats have very small wings, and soaring birds such as Andean Condor have relatively weak chest muscles, allowing them to flap only a few times to get to higher altitudes before gliding through the air instead.

19. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    somehow, only few people did this... but its okay! i will answer to your responses!

20. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    then where are the Killer Rabbits of Caerbannog? :blobReach:
    yep, used as a scapegoat
    i believe i remember something about its origins being a fairy though... something german
    how bees fly
    dragons are nice, but we kinda already know about them
    i will leave the details to a dragon fanatic

i want something new!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.